PDA

View Full Version : Demo anyone?

anarwally
23rd May 2003, 09:22
I apologize if this has been asked before but I didn't see a thread on it. Does anyone know if there are plans to release a demo of Defiance anytime in the near future. I'd love to have a shot at the E3 demo that everyone is talking about. I have registered for the DVD thing that is supposed to be out next month but I don't think that that is playable. (???)

Thanks.

fneh
23rd May 2003, 12:29
well this has been mentioned about in at least 5 different thread now....

No one knows about a playable demo yet. Some people think the free DVD thing might be playable but as far as I gathered it's a DVD not a demo disc. It'll show all the E3 stuff for eidos, not just LOK.

This question has already been asked a few times in the 'ask chris and he'll give you a reliable answer' stick at the top of the page where all questions should be posted. He is yet to answer so just watch that thread for your answer OK?

anarwally
23rd May 2003, 15:28
Thanks for your response. I think that you are right about the DVD and it being just video and not a demo. Hopefully they release the demo via a Jampack or Underground demo disk.

If you are talking about the "ask the butterfly" thread at the top, I scanned that thread but didn't see this question asked. Perhaps I just missed it. There was also a lot of chatter in there and not just questions. Not to mention I don't know who the butterfly is, from your comments I assume it is Chris?

Evelin The Winged
23rd May 2003, 17:04
Well...yeah. Who else? Then again, you are a newbie. Don't blame you for that.

anarwally
23rd May 2003, 18:09
Actually I'm not a newbie, but I haven't been posting here much for a good while. My old user name doesn't seem to work anymore, but I sent an e-mail to Chris the Butterfly King to see if I can get it reactivated. So I wasn't around for his coronation! ;)

Also, I made a new thread on this topic just to see if I could get a yes or no answer from Chris. Since I didn't see that he had answered it in any of the other five threads it was mentioned in. Did I miss it?

KoolKat_EF
25th May 2003, 16:16
Don't worry, I didn't know Chris was the Butterfly either until now.

I'll keep watching... though I have been hearing things about a LoK: D demo that supposedly exists.

Umah Bloodomen
26th May 2003, 01:09
Originally posted by anarwally
Actually I'm not a newbie, but I haven't been posting here much for a good while. My old user name doesn't seem to work anymore, but I sent an e-mail to Chris the Butterfly King to see if I can get it reactivated. So I wasn't around for his coronation! ;)

Inactive members were purged from the database a little over two months ago. You may have to
re-register your old member information.

brotherturel
26th May 2003, 15:47
a playable demo would be cool you can play as Kain in one room and after you beat all the guys in his room you play as raziel and do the same. I know it would be short but I bet it would get you eagering for more. Remember the SR2 demo I played that and I was like man I would kill for this game. It will probably just be previews but hopefully updated ones cuz I know i've watched the E3 ones thousands of times.

fneh
26th May 2003, 19:37
If CD were to put the E3 demo on a game in it's entirity (on an extra disc obviously) I would SO buy whatever game it was just for the demo. I'd love Tomb Raider AOD to hae the demo on it.

Course I'd be happier if it was on a cover disc on OP2M.

I want to play that demo NOW dammit!

Apocrypha Roxy
27th May 2003, 00:11
I personally want to play the new Thief demo. The trailer is hot stuff.

Dude, I saw the screenshots - the lighting & shadow effects are freakin KICKASS!

AOD looks promising too.

But oh, man, I can't wait for Thief III to come out!

-this is the part where I run away...-

Umah Bloodomen
27th May 2003, 00:44
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
I personally want to play the new Thief demo. The trailer is hot stuff.

Dude, I saw the screenshots - the lighting & shadow effects are freakin KICKASS!

AOD looks promising too.

But oh, man, I can't wait for Thief III to come out!

-this is the part where I run away...-

I am looking forward to that demo myself, Roxy. The *Dynamic Shadows* are going to be fun. (As if I don't have enough of a hard time with *static shadows* ) :D

I am sure I'll try the LOKD demo if/when it becomes available, however I'd just assume wait for the actual game release on account that some things appearing in the demo could possibly change at the time of an actual release.

Sarxis
29th May 2003, 07:24
I'm not going to spoil either LoKD or Thief3 by playing a demo. Just ain't going to do it. :o

blincoln
29th May 2003, 07:42
OTOH, some of us play the demos because of the things that change between them and the final version.

Umah Bloodomen
29th May 2003, 08:24
Originally posted by blincoln
OTOH, some of us play the demos because of the things that change between them and the final version.

That's always fun. :D

Lucent
29th May 2003, 21:25
Yeah, like any of us could forget the PSOne Soul Reaver demo, the area of which I don't think was in the game at all.

blincoln
29th May 2003, 22:12
It's there (http://www.thelostworlds.net/SR1-Proto1.HTML), just very much changed. It was a very, very early version of the Lighthouse area.

Lucent
30th May 2003, 03:08
Corrected by Sir Blinks-a-lot, I feel honored ^_^

I think I actually read that section on your site once too ^_~

ZelenGangrel
30th May 2003, 05:47
Blinc knows all
Blinc sees all

And if there's something he cant, he hacks it very well.

:D

*end butt kissing segment*

warpsavant
30th May 2003, 07:38
Thats the Demo with baby Magnus. Most of the demos have no voice work either, so they can't spoil too much.

KoolKat_EF
30th May 2003, 21:17
Blincoln, master of all hackers.

Can I become your padawan learner?

Apocrypha Roxy
31st May 2003, 00:23
-Roxy hands over fresh sticks of lip rouge to Umah, Kat, and applies pretty colors-

Let the butt-kissing commence!

Any of you guys need some makeup? I'm sure Blinc won't mind! ;)

madcdcd
31st May 2003, 01:47
I'm sure Chap-stik will work fine.:p

blincoln
31st May 2003, 09:22
You all are too kind =). I just do what's necessary to uncover the secrets.