PDA

View Full Version : Just a suggestion

Glucolisis
22nd May 2003, 20:54
What do you think if after defiance CD make a legacy of kain from the human point of view?

Maybe some vampire hunter or a Sarafan.

That way we could really be the good guys.

Mephastophilis
22nd May 2003, 20:58
Humans? Good guys?

*Laughs*

Glucolisis
22nd May 2003, 21:51
As far as I know, here we are ALL humans so we should be on their side not the vampires.

Riovanes
22nd May 2003, 23:00
Ah yes, but in the context of the story, the humans aren't really "evil" so much as they are simply mislead. I'd rather play a character with his hands on MOST of the deck than someone who's got every last ONE of his puppet strings still attached, wouldn't you?

BAH!!!

Morte
23rd May 2003, 00:32
Actually, it would be rather interesting to follow the struggles of a puppet, as he slowly but determinedly severs those strings and manages to cross the puppet/master line, in knowledge at least, if not in practice.

Riovanes
23rd May 2003, 03:07
Originally posted by Morte
Actually, it would be rather interesting to follow the struggles of a puppet, as he slowly but determinedly severs those strings and manages to cross the puppet/master line, in knowledge at least, if not in practice.

*CoughRazielCough*

Huh... seem to have something stuck in my throat *coughaboutthatstorylinealreadybeingusedbothforKainandRazielthroughouttheseriescough*...

Maybe I should get some cough syrup.

BAH!!!

Morte
23rd May 2003, 10:26
It is generally like this:

linear gameplay(rich story)--------non-linear gameplay(loose story)

For LoK games the slider has been more to the left, but it was still an enjoyable experience, even though for SR2 it may have been a bit too much to the left. Personally, I would take story over gameplay any day, but that is just me.

Like I said, perhaps a different take on the story might be intriguing, for instance the protagonist uncovering hidden truths(like Raziel), but not actually being able to make any drastic changes on the course of events(unlike Raziel), thus being condemned to merely observe the unraveling of history helplessly.
That, of course, would not stop him from trying, though.

Riovanes
23rd May 2003, 17:51
Ah, but a good game will not make the player feel helpless - at least, not constantly. The goal of any video game is to empower the player in some way to be someone they cannot normally be in real life - if I want to be depressed, I can turn on the news and watch the world go to hell on a daily basis - if my games start making me feel that way too, then I'm gonna hafta find a new hobby.

By the way - I wasn't necessarily saying your idea was bad - just that it's been a running theme in the series since its inception, so if you really want to take the thing in a new direction, you also need a new MO.

BAH!!!