PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix Reloaded

tangers75
22nd May 2003, 12:00
Went to see Reloaded last night and I was totally blown away by it. I thought it was pure quality!

What did you lot think?

GhostXL
22nd May 2003, 17:13
I really liked it, the action-scene's are better than those of the first movie, but the story is a bit weaker and I thought the morpheus' speech and the dance scene where BAD. :(
I think the first movie was a bit better, but reloaded is a GREAT movie!!!:D

By the way what do you think that happend in the end??
You know, Neo being able to stop those sentinels??
Is the "real world" also the martix, just an other piece of control??
What do you think??

Reaperbot
23rd May 2003, 01:32
Um...............BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The action scenes were no where near as great as the first movie (execpt for the big huge agent smith fight after meeting the oracle) and there was way too much ghey kung-fu fighting.
There were no gunfights! WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I didn't really like it that much.

If the agent smith fight wasn't in it, I would've given it a 1.

The more I think about it, the worse i think it is, heh.

Hank Nova
23rd May 2003, 18:37
I enjoyed it, I thought the dancing bit was boring and the Kung fu was really good but maybe a few more gun bits. I thought the Agent Smith's fight was ok for about 3 mins and then it just went on and on and on and on. I think its the best movie of the year but i think the original is a little better.

KittenCeleste
28th May 2003, 21:14
Originally posted by Reaperbot
Um...............BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I didn't really like it.

Agreed. Being a big fan of the first film, I was absolutely GUTTED after seeing this one. Saw it in Newcastle while I was away on my hols. Back now, fit for fight again.. :D

KC

Hank Nova
29th May 2003, 11:36
Originally posted by KittenCeleste
Agreed. Being a big fan of the first film, I was absolutely GUTTED after seeing this one.

what didn't you like about it?

KittenCeleste
29th May 2003, 12:01
Originally posted by Hank Nova
what didn't you like about it?

well, I was expecting a bit more of a story, Neo seems like he's left his brain off the hook, and I didn't think the fx were as captivating as the first time around.
The whole fillm just made me feel a bit empty, I felt it lacked substance of any kind, IMHO.

"OMG!!! The world is coming to an end! The machines will wipe out the rest of the human race! What shall we do!?!?!"
"I know, let's party!"

:rolleyes:

My ex-ts-forum companion for the evening agreed.
But it seems like we're in the minority on these boards.
Oh well...

e_mcgoey
29th May 2003, 15:32
If you think that you're in a minority, try having not liked the first movie either...

I have no bones with the people who enjoyed a stylish kung-fu movie with lots of nifty special effects, but the idea that the Matrix movies are somehow "deep" or "intelligent" makes me roll around on the ground with laughter. The best part is that whenever you argue with the fanboys about the holes in the plot, they pull out the one-size-fits-all "well, maybe they did that on purpose and it will all be explained in the third movie". Sure.

For me, the first time I watched the movie, I thought it was fun. The second time, I thought it was stupid. All subsequent, accidental viewings (you know how it is: you wander downstairs to say hi to your brother, he's watching the DVD, you stick around for 10 minutes) have been painful.

KittenCeleste
30th May 2003, 14:55
Originally posted by e_mcgoey
If you think that you're in a minority, try having not liked the first movie either...

*chuckle*

I know several friends who don't like the Matrix theme. :D

It's entertaining, but no mind bender..
Want something more challenging? Try Memento on for size. ;)

e_mcgoey
30th May 2003, 16:22
Thanks Kitten - I was actually going to suggest Memento as film that not only keeps you guessing while you're watching it, but thinking about it afterwards. It's a film that you can watch again and again, looking for clues, and bring different interpretations to.

Now, in the spirit of recommending other films that people who felt that the Matrix fell short (or thought it ruled but are open to other things) how about:

The Jet Li film "Hero" : not just great Kung-Fu (although it most certainly has that), but an interesting plot - another one that you can debate, if you'd like. It was directed by Zhang Yimou, who did Shanghai Triad and Raise the Red Lantern, and has both more and less in common with "Crouching Tiger" than you might think. It was also the official Chinese nominee for "Best Foreign Film" at the Oscars this year.

And, another film that works as a clever, keep you guessing film, which has probably been seen by everybody but if not should be checked out: The Usual Suspects

And another lesser-seen (in North America, at least) film in the "keep you guessing" genre: Shallow Grave

And, if you want a thought-provoking documentary that ends up being far more than the sum of its parts: Fast, Cheap, and Out of Control

Capt_Snow
2nd Jun 2003, 00:06
I think there was to much kung-fu and not enough GUNZ

MORE GUNZ!!!!!
and the party bit was dumb as they wasted time
in stratergy games i play (empire earth, aoe, aoe2) if i know if a masive army is comeing to get me i get ready with GUNZ
GUNZ are what i bourght ts2 for

Reaperbot
2nd Jun 2003, 06:15
Originally posted by Capt_Snow
I think there was to much kung-fu and not enough GUNZ

MORE GUNZ!!!!!
and the party bit was dumb as they wasted time
in stratergy games i play (empire earth, aoe, aoe2) if i know if a masive army is comeing to get me i get ready with GUNZ
GUNZ are what i bourght ts2 for

I 100% agree with you!
Guns are the future of fighting!!

Anyway, I just saw anger management which is soo funny!!!!!!!!

It's wierd. The most hyped movies turn out bad. And the ones with no hype turn out good.

Good movie = bad sequel (if hyped heaps which always happens)

Heaps of movies have done this. Can't think of any though except for the matrix and the mummy.

resh
17th Jun 2003, 22:04
I wanna see it but havn't had the time yet, I hope to see it soon cos I've heard its ab fab:p

Hank Nova
18th Jun 2003, 12:09
Originally posted by Reaperbot
Good movie = bad sequel (if hyped heaps which always happens)
Heaps of movies have done this. Can't think of any though except for the matrix and the mummy.

the mummy wasn't a good movie. the only half decent character was the bad guy and he died. I think Rachel Weis should have had the power to turn into somone nice like Jennifer Aniston. then it would have been a good film:D

Reaperbot
19th Jun 2003, 09:17
urgh, jenifer aniston just reminds me of friends which is a crap program which should be cancelled.

Hank Nova
24th Jun 2003, 01:12
are you saying jenifer aniston isn't hot?