PDA

View Full Version : So how about "Splitter Cell"?

digit
21st May 2003, 19:54
Why not?

A more stealth-based game would be cool. I mean, not completely stealth where like the guy sees you and you fail the mission, I'm talking like where stealth will help you throughout the entire mission, like in Rainbow Six. In Rainbow Six you could bust through there and waste entire clips on two guys, or you could go nice and slow and pick off each terrorist by luring them out into your trap.

But the original idea I had before "Splitter Cell" was that Timesplitters 3 would be cool in 3rd person. Maybe like Splinter Cell's third person, but then I got the idea that if it were to be third person it would be easier to make it like SOCOM or Hitman 2.

Recently I've gotten into third person. I don't know why, it just seems so much cooler than before

Reaperbot
22nd May 2003, 04:01
I think that'd be stupid!
Espionage fps! NO!
UGh!

Anyway, if timesplitters turned into a thirdperson shooter, it won't be timesplitters!

It would completely ruin the game.

Hank Nova
22nd May 2003, 12:15
Originally posted by Reaperbot
Anyway, if timesplitters turned into a thirdperson shooter, it won't be timesplitters!
It would completely ruin the game.

I agree, first person is what makes the game fun and fast. If you had it in third person 1 it would be too fast and you would run into everything 2 aiming would be out the window and 3 won't anyone please think of the cameras? :rolleyes:

DrkSnpr14
22nd May 2003, 15:23
If you want stealth, try the mission on the disc in the map maker. The map is called Splitters Base.

GhostXL
23rd May 2003, 11:54
Yes it would be posible to turn it into a stealth game, you should be able to swith between a first- and a third person view, BUT THAT WOULDN'T BE TIMESPLITTERS ANY MORE.

digit
23rd May 2003, 16:25
I'm not saying to make everything stealth and go Metal Gear style, I'm just saying you should be able to do everything your way. I guess I'm complaining about the linear levels again.

Anyway, to sum up what I want to say, I just would like the levels to be open-ended. You know in Hitman 2 you could run amok shooting everyone OR you could go stealth. That's what I want (I love action, but I'm a very cautious and worrysome person so I like stealth over action).

:D

Have a nice day!

Reaperbot
24th May 2003, 02:27
Oh! Now I get what your saying!

The stealth missions were abit linear and you had to use stealth.
I kinda hated that! I just like running around trigger happy and shoot everything I see.