PDA

View Full Version : Plane-shifting effect! [spoilers]

blincoln
20th May 2003, 08:50
Embla posted this link over at the IGN forums:

http://www.tothegame.com/article.asp?id=289

While the reviewer seems to be unfamiliar with the series (he refers to it as the "Blood Omen" series, and says that this will be the final game), it mentions a really cool-sounding new effect for when Raziel switches planes.

Everybody who's played the demo seems to be very impressed. Hopefully it will be making an appearance on cover discs soon, because I want to try it myself =).

ZeNeR
20th May 2003, 09:07
This is so going to be the best game ever! :D

And that plane shifting sounds really interesting indeed! :p

Embla
20th May 2003, 09:09
It was in the X-Box section, so thats probably why he mentioned Blood Omen and not Soul Reaver.

(BTW, blinc, have you ever checked the private messages on the IGN boards?)

blincoln
20th May 2003, 09:17
IGN has private messages too? Sorry, all of this new-fangled technology is too much for my old brain.

fneh
20th May 2003, 10:49
yeah, I read about raziel shifting on the gamers.com preview over their big E3 thing at weekend. They don't sound too impressed over there to be honest. I can't understand why tho, it looks amazing

blincoln
20th May 2003, 14:48
Hah, they seem about as familiar with the series as the To The Game guy:

http://www.gamers.com/game/1364681

The effect sounds really cool. They sound enthusiastic about it, but certainly didn't pass up any chances to slam BO2.

Sarah
20th May 2003, 15:36
I'd just like to say...
"A BIG thank you to both CD and all the reviewers of Defiance! Thank you for showing us the game without revealing a lot about the story! Seriously!"
I may have to quit the forums closer to the release date, but so far, I am happy to both see and hear all the great news about Defiance, without having the story get completely ruined for me; the less I know story-wise about the game when I load it in for the first time, the better!

My fav. quote from that ToTheGame article..."the voices of Kain and Raziel would be making a much welcoming return".... Would be making! Oh-just found another one...."Click her for screenshots"
hee

justintothegame
20th May 2003, 17:20
"While the reviewer seems to be unfamiliar with the series (he refers to it as the "Blood Omen" series, and says that this will be the final game), it mentions a really cool-sounding new effect for when Raziel switches planes."

Well ok, maybe I goofed there calling it the Blood Omen series. I mainly meant to refer back to the last Legacy of Kain game that was released. But yes, it should be known as the LOK series, not Blood Omen. And trust me, i'm very familiar with the series. And from what I've heard it will be the final game, or at least that's what the rep from Eidos told me.

And to Sarah, I'm just as excited about the actors returning. Soul Reaver 1 and 2 had some of the best voice acting in any game, and Simon Templeman, as always, is the perfect Kain.

justintothegame
20th May 2003, 17:22
Btw, if you guys have any other little questions concerning the Demo ask away and I'll do my best to job my memory and come up with an answer.

Sarah
20th May 2003, 17:32
Your pardon-while I am truly thrilled that the 2 main leads will be returning (because in the past games, voice and story have really been all that there was to the game-well, that, and Mr. Templeman is THE Kain), my main enjoyment of the first quote was the almost "engrish-esque" feel of it ...."would be making a much welcoming return".
Hm-the only question I have regarding the demo is, was any indication given of it being made public?

blincoln
20th May 2003, 17:37
Hey, wow, a reviewer who reads the forums? That's pretty cool.

justintothegame
20th May 2003, 17:38
When you say "it" I guess you mean the demo. Actually the demo was public to everyone on the floor. So if you were at E3 you could of had a chance of playing it.

I played it the first day for about 15 mins, I couldn't take my eyes off of it. When I came back on days 2-3 it always seemed to have a steady crowd.

Btw, here's something that might quench your thirst.

http://www.tothegame.com/sshotart.asp?id=283&pic=6
http://www.tothegame.com/sshotart.asp?id=283&pic=7

justintothegame
20th May 2003, 17:41
Originally posted by blincoln
Hey, wow, a reviewer who reads the forums? That's pretty cool.

Yea, this was brought to my attention so I thought I should maybe shed some light on the subject, as well as let everyone know I AM A FAN of the Kain series ;)

Vampmaster
20th May 2003, 18:01
Just so you know. Amy (Defiance's director) said that Defiance will not be the last game in the LOK series as long as it sells. Chris posted Amy's exact words here (question 29 a quarter of the way down the page):

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16407&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

justintothegame
20th May 2003, 18:03
Well I'm just the messanger ;)
But thats good to know on a fan level.

darien_specter
20th May 2003, 23:51
Wow, that is some setup they gave it! Is that typical for E3, or did Eidos go to an extra effort for it?

justintothegame
21st May 2003, 00:30
Honestly I'm not sure (since it was my first E3). But it definately was one of the better displays that caught my eye. From the start of E3 I planned on finding Legacy of Kain and the setup they gave it really made life easier.

ZelenGangrel
21st May 2003, 01:28
Thanks for the pictures, but wouldnt those torches be againts a fire code?

:)

Embla
21st May 2003, 06:40
Great pics Justin. Thanks for sharing. :)

justintothegame
21st May 2003, 07:32
Hey Anytime!

Shame I didn't get more pics, but that was one I definately wanted to snap.

blincoln
21st May 2003, 09:14
Wow, impressive! I wonder if there's any way to convince Eidos to sell that as a piece of official merchandise? =)

jesta
21st May 2003, 11:16
Originally posted by blincoln
Wow, impressive! I wonder if there's any way to convince Eidos to sell that as a piece of official merchandise? =)

I had that same idea.
Or Perhapse they could run a competition with those as prizes:)

Vampmaster
21st May 2003, 18:53
Hahaha, you're from Barnsley! One of my friends is from there and we always laugh at his accent and how he almost never takes the football teams shirt off.

Raziel689
22nd May 2003, 03:57
Very, very cool. I am going to be going to a boarding school in LA next year. I now know of one thing I am going to do while I am down there. ;)

justintothegame
22nd May 2003, 03:59
Not unless your press or part of the industry :(

Raziel689
22nd May 2003, 04:27
Originally posted by justintothegame
Not unless your press or part of the industry :(
;)