PDA

View Full Version : New Trailler

Ladra de Almas
19th May 2003, 19:04
(Sorry Again for the terrible english ... :rolleyes: )

There´s a new trailler in IGN (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1721895&object_id=536027&channel_id=70&page_title=Legacy+of+Kain%3A+Defiance&adString=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2%26pagetype%3Dvideo&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fps2.ign.com%2Fobjects%2F536%2F536027.html) ..

The position of the camera did not please me. It seems to be very far from Kain and Raziel. However, I liked graphical them excessively. Mainly when it is Kain that is "acting". I am fan of animation in 3D and quick attention in the details of the
game. Details as light and shade. See as the shade in the soil of
Kain is perfect !

http://www.thekey.kit.net/thereaver.jpg

blincoln
19th May 2003, 19:13
The camera being further out means you can see more of the area around the character. I think it gets close-in for some shots though, at least during cinematics.

Glucolisis
19th May 2003, 22:27
I`m fine with the camera but i think it is just little to far, but just a little.

The Kain part was very cool, his movements, everything. I guess that if you add some cool magical power besides the telekinesis that part would be just perfect.

Raziel`s part is another issue. I don`t like how he moves the reaver, it looks like if he was trying to catch a fly in the air or tring to kill a mosquito with the reaver.

And, when did Raziel learned to fly?

I mean, he stays in the ir for like 3 seconds to make some attach.

Anyone disagree?

Kain's Ancient Blade
19th May 2003, 22:56

i think he was using telekinesis to hold himself up for a few more seconds. I believe its part of gameplay, u can do combos in the air while using telekinesis to hold yourself and your victim.
as for the way it looks, i think it looks great. i'm not going to do any complaining until after i buy and play the game.

anyone esle get that new trailer without audio, or is just me.

Glucolisis
19th May 2003, 23:06
It is just video. I guess that CD doesn`t want anyone to hear the music or maybe it is not in the demo yet.

I`m not complaining, it is just an observation.

To me he doesn`t look as sharp as Kain.

Kain's Ancient Blade
20th May 2003, 00:15
Originally posted by Glucolisis
It is just video. I guess that CD doesn`t want anyone to hear the music or maybe it is not in the demo yet.

I`m not complaining, it is just an observation.

To me he doesn`t look as sharp as Kain.

didn't say u were. i just think the game looks great, and any bad judgments or complaints i have on the game are going to be made after the game comes out. besides the game has at least six more months before it comes out. things could change by then.

"LOK series. My anti-drug"

someguysteve
20th May 2003, 04:04
Raziel`s part is another issue. I don`t like how he moves the reaver, it looks like if he was trying to catch a fly in the air or tring to kill a mosquito with the reaver.

yeah, i think that he should move with a little more grace and knowledge of the use of a sword. right know he seems too wild and hateful.

yeah he falls that quickly when he uses his wings. i think that he should get a little hang time, slash faster when in the air (a really toned down bersker attack from BO2), and fall to the ground at a healthy 9.8m/s/s

BillyTheSortOfJust
20th May 2003, 04:29
I thought the camera view was one of the best parts of the video. It's more like the isometric view of the original. From a combat standpoint, it's not limited to the same old "pick-one-enemy-take-him-head-on-finish-him-repeat" style of the Soul Reaver series. You have the ability to see every direction around the character, allowing you to defend/attack in any direction (not just in front of you). This also then allows the designers to add to the intensity/challenge of combat by sending multiple enemies from multiple sides, without it turning into the unfair fights that sometimes befell poor Raziel.

Just 2 cents from an old-school-Kain fan.

-------------------------
Billy the Sort-of-Just

fneh
21st May 2003, 18:14
I think the camera was really good. I can't wait to play the game. Does anyone think a demo might be on a cover disc in the near future? I don't buy game mags anymore so I don't know how close to release demos appear (playable)

I think the way raziel fights is fine. I don't know what you're all complaining about. He fights a lot better than in the other games (especially SR1 where you got the impression the reaver weighted as much as one of the pillars of nosgoth)

Lady Kreliana
21st May 2003, 18:48
I think the trailer looked great. I'm even more excited about Defiance!

Evelin The Winged
21st May 2003, 19:08
the .mov file doesn't work in quicktime OR windows media player...:(

Lady Kreliana
21st May 2003, 23:18
That's odd. It should work in Quicktime. If you have Real Player, try using that.