PDA

View Full Version : Reloading and Snipers....

RedXevious
17th May 2003, 09:14
Hey guys... what's up?? I just have two things I wanted to share with you about TS2, so please take a few moments to read this...

First off, the reloading... In TS2 when you reload some guns, the gun will go below the screen (out of view) and pop back up again fully reloaded! For example, when you reload the Pistol or the Tommy gun, the gun just pops below the screen to reload. But when you reload the Shotgun or Tactical-12 you get a more realistic reloading effect. Now, if you remember correctly, in Perfect Dark, all the guns had that realistic reloading effect, which I liked! And in Goldeneye, NONE of the guns had that effect (they all just went below the screen to reload) So, why did Free Radical descide to make a FEW of the guns with the realistic effect and FEW of the guns with the below screen reload effect in TS2?? I mean the realistic effect is WAYYYYY cooler! If you ever played PD, you would know what Im talking about! It looked really cool when Jo pulled out the clip of her hand gun, and stuck in a new clip to reload the gun! Or when she had to reload the rocket launcher, that was really cool! I think in TS3, they should make ALL the guns have that realistic reload effect like in PD, it not only looks cooler, but it even sounds cooler too! What do you think about the reloading effects?

Now, the second thing I wanted to tell you about is Snipers.... I think they should have made more sniper based multiplayer levels. There are only a few sniper places that you can have fun with in TS2. If you remember, in GE and PD, there were TONS of sniper based levels that you could play on with your friends! But TS2 falls a little short of all the sniper based acton... There was nothing I enjoyed more that having a few mates around for a game of "Psycho Sniper" (that is what we used to call it) But unfortunatly, you can't do it that much anymore in TS2. I think Free Radical should add like a "sniper" option or something... Or at least add some more sniper based levels. Does anyone else here feel the same way as me?

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say... Thanks for hearing me out! See you later! :D

AB-109
17th May 2003, 14:41
Originally posted by RedXevious
So, why did Free Radical descide to make a FEW of the guns with the realistic effect and FEW of the guns with the below screen reload effect in TS2??

Probably cos they ran out of time or they just didnt feel it was an important thing to do I mean would you rather the game was delayed by a month or 2 just to add that?

Ab ^_^

Quall
17th May 2003, 14:59
This is not goldeneye nor perfect dark. The people that made this game did not base the game off of Pdark or goldeneye. The only relation is that some people that worked on goldeneye helped create this game. Saying that only shows how good the game would be.

It is a fast paced fps. No reload animation=even faster pace. You shouldn't tell them that it should be more like 007 and perfect dark. If I were one of them, I'd take it as an insult (but not in such a way to put down those games), like saying "TS2 should be more like Halo". They didn't try to copy 007 or perfect dark. I imagine they wanted to keep the TS feel of the game, you know, like a sequal should be.

And yes, sniping is fun. I agree that it would have been better with more in the single player. However, multiplayer would have sucked (in my opinion). Have you ever tried to snipe in a game like quake 3 arena? But that is my opinion.

AB-109
17th May 2003, 17:27
Originally posted by Quall
However, multiplayer would have sucked (in my opinion). Have you ever tried to snipe in a game like quake 3 arena? But that is my opinion.

Ya it might be hard on an average level but he said multiplayer levels designed around sniping eg. a castle with windows facing a huge open space for you to snipe from.

Ab ^_^

Rare
18th May 2003, 04:02
It would be kinda difficult to snipe in this game seeing that everyone moves about all the time. If the game was online with maybe 16 to 32 players then people would camp more, making it easy to get that much wanted head shot. If your into sniper games more then get Black Hawk Down or something like that. Still it would be nice to snipe in this great game. I guess we'll have to wait till 3 comes out.

Reaperbot
19th May 2003, 06:48
Well this game is supposed to be FASTER isn't it.
Though they could've done a Quake. There isn't really that much point for reloading in Timesplitters 2 unless they actually do take some time. I do agree with the realistic reloading thing though. It looks silly with the gun popping down to reload and making gun noises. The player can't reload blindfolded!

On the sniping topic, it isn't easy to snipe in TS2. Before making more sniper maps, they gotta make it so you can have a fixed target and make sniping easier before you can actually have maps dedicated to sniping. I don't know why Free Radical stuck to that aiming system, it makes it MUCH harder to aim with the rocket launcher and sniper rifle.

sheeps
21st May 2003, 10:17
The reason for no reloading animations is because there are no hands to do it with..

The reason for no hands is because it means there are less polygons to draw on the screen, thus resulting in fast gameplay and hopefully a constant 60 frames per second.

but yes, hands would be cool, I like my hands..

All I want though is Perfect Dark at 60 frames per second on my gamecube, I reckon that would be cool.. anyone wanna port it for me.. please? :)

spanks
21st May 2003, 15:07
This map (http://www.timesplitters2.net/maps/KOTH3spanks.jpg) is good for multiplayer sniping. If you're good, you'll find that sniper rifle beats turret gun or even minigun quite often.

DrkSnpr14
22nd May 2003, 15:29
Originally posted by RedXevious
.... I think they should have made more sniper based multiplayer levels. There are only a few sniper places that you can have fun with in TS2. If you remember, in GE and PD, there were TONS of sniper based levels that you could play on with your friends! But TS2 falls a little short of all the sniper based acton... There was nothing I enjoyed more that having a few mates around for a game of "Psycho Sniper" (that is what we used to call it) But unfortunatly, you can't do it that much anymore in TS2. I think Free Radical should add like a "sniper" option or something... Or at least add some more sniper based levels. Does anyone else here feel the same way as me?

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say... Thanks for hearing me out! See you later! :D

I totally agree with you, there should be more for us snipers. I'm forced to make a good snpiing level in the map maker, or the ice station isnt to bad. We should start a petition....