PDA

View Full Version : not enough info during e3

JANOS_KING_OF_VAMPIRES
16th May 2003, 15:26
i am very grateful for the pics and trailers, being that just a week ago we didn't even know this game was a reality

but i figured we would be bombarded with info during e3

how far is the games development?

Matthew
16th May 2003, 15:41
Hmm... You seem to like Your tea with extra sugar.
Nothing wrong in that, but...

The information we got was more than enough for me. :)

I think that WAS the bombardment. And I'm very happy with it.

I'm so satisfied that I think I wont rush for the DVD or the demo either.

- Matthew

warpsavant
16th May 2003, 18:56
I completely disagree, I think we have gotten TOO MUCH information.

JANOS_KING_OF_VAMPIRES
16th May 2003, 19:06
i guess i am just used to the coverage received on mortal kombat deadly alliance at last years E3

blincoln
16th May 2003, 20:51
Remember that the game is still six months from release at the earliest.

Besides, there *is* a significant Defiance presence at E3. They even have a demo of it set up for attendees to play. Hopefully it will show up on an OPM or OXM cover disc soon =).

warpsavant
16th May 2003, 21:02
Yeah I want to play the demo, too.

JANOS_KING_OF_VAMPIRES
16th May 2003, 21:14
i play the demo every night in my dreams

ZelenGangrel
17th May 2003, 00:46
Well, I've heard of some messed up dreams before....

=)

TG_Syd
17th May 2003, 01:24
Originally posted by blincoln
Remember that the game is still six months from release at the earliest.

Besides, there *is* a significant Defiance presence at E3. They even have a demo of it set up for attendees to play. Hopefully it will show up on an OPM or OXM cover disc soon =).

I have a subscription 2 OPM but what is OXM??

warpsavant
17th May 2003, 01:25
Hello Syd. Im not sure but Id say Xbox.

blincoln
17th May 2003, 02:12
Official Xtreme Magazine!!!

=)

No, Warp is right. It's the only other magazine I know of that has a game DVD with every issue.

Apocrypha Roxy
17th May 2003, 02:32
I signed up for the free DVD.

I have the trailer downloaded at home and on 2 school computers. One of them for a PowerPoint presentation on you know what... LoK. The obsession never ends. :)

I have LoK Winamp skins and wallpapers and sou- wait, I have Thief sounds, but still...

I dream of Raziel and Kain every ni- OKAY, I'll end it at that.

I am a happy cow. :D

Sarxis
17th May 2003, 03:53
Ahh well- I can't stand spoilers anyway. I don't watch TV commercials for movies I want to see either.

ZelenGangrel
17th May 2003, 18:22
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
I signed up for the free DVD.

I have the trailer downloaded at home and on 2 school computers. One of them for a PowerPoint presentation on you know what... LoK. The obsession never ends. :)

LOL! Heh, you're doing an LOK Powerpoint? Man, that was my final project in my Microsoft Office class. :cool: I just remade the timeline from SR2 and redid it in Power Point with pictures. Man it took up two 3.5 disks. Good luck to ya, hope it turns out well.

Apocrypha Roxy
17th May 2003, 18:46
Awesome!

Actually, mine is quite different, and MASSIVE.

This is a business/excel/access/powerpoint class that I've been taking the whole year. This last semester, we start with Powerpoint. We're supposed to try and 'sell' something. People are doing cars, music, etc.

So, why not spread the plague of Legacy of Kain? ;)

It's going to be phenomenal: I have dowloaded tracks from the games - Ozar Midrashim, Ariel's Lament, Overland Theme, Janos' Retreat, Melchiah's Territory, BO2 theme, yadayada. I burned it all on a CD, and so I listen to it between classes, IN classes, going to and from school. -whistles Sarafan theme-

Then I brought in a few floppies with concept arts and rendered art and wallpapers and fanart which I requested permission from and got it - WolfRevven, thank you!

I also went to Blinc's site, and he also gave me permission too - I love you too, Ben! There's alot of interesting things, around.

I've got the entire storyline down, in chronological order from Blood Omen to Soul Reaver 2, with all bits in between.

And, I have a suprise for everyone at the end.

I put in the Defiance trailer -WOOOT!!!

Thank goodness they put up the server, or else I would have NEVER been able to incorporate it. The idea for the trailer just came to me one day. What if I not only shared the series, but boosted the marketing of the newest installment in my own way?

Clever, eh?
:D

The project is supposed to be at least 15 slides long. I think mine's going to near 50, at least. There's so much to tell! And it's due in June, so I have a few weeks to go. Too bad there's no school on Satur - ACK I'm not going to even say it. I have SAT prep on saturday mornings - 3 hours of MATH. Can you say SNORE?

I can't wait, my project is going to rock the houuuuuuuuuuseeeee!!

I don't normally toot my own horn, but...

I RULE! YA'LL DROOL! :D Ya'll refers to students, not you'se guys.

ZelenGangrel
17th May 2003, 19:06
Heh, you're having the same problem I did.

My teacher said atleast 10, no more than 20. It ended up being 45. She stopped me in the middle of my presentation.

Valaquen_
17th May 2003, 19:36
3 hours of MATH.

My god! I can barely stand the 55 minutes of math I get four times a week, you unlucky sod!

Apocrypha Roxy
17th May 2003, 21:29
Originally posted by leazy
My god! I can barely stand the 55 minutes of math I get four times a week, you unlucky sod!

My parents are making me go to 3 HOURS OF MATH ON SATURDAY.
Can you believe it?
Not to mention I get 55 minutes every day of math in school.
URgh. Stupid Scholastic Aptitude Test. Stupid College Acceptance. Stupid Stupid Stupid.
Well, hopefully it will be worth it so I get a good score and get a scholarship which is one less thing I have to worry about besides breathing and eating and surviving to 20 (I have 2 years to go, then I can die :D). It's harder than you think.

Zelen, actually, my presentation can be as long as I want, in reasonable time. I have 55 minutes of fiddling around with it for a few weeks until I am satisfied (and I am NEVER satisfied). Then 55 minutes to show the world my Kain goodie-goodies. :cool:

Evelin The Winged
29th May 2003, 23:10
Dude, YOU ROCK! I once did a power point presintation about someone getting zapped to Nosgoth, then getting eaten by a demon (there's an applause effect going with it).

Apocrypha Roxy
30th May 2003, 02:30
52 slides and counting...

Still have to put in the music. The video's already in there. Credits and all.

Then I have to do the slide transition. :rolleyes:

We're supposed to do 3 presentations per day. Mine's going to take up the entire period.

Hey, Mr. Salem's definately going to save this to his hard drive. This'll knock the Disney one faaaaarr away.

chris026058
8th Jun 2003, 09:16
You wanna send that to me when your done? Sounds RIVETING!:D