PDA

View Full Version : Defiance/Devil May Cry Analogies

Sayel
16th May 2003, 14:30
If you look at the trailer, observe Kain's fighting technique. It totally reminds me of Dante's technique.
The type of slashing his enemies.
In DMC you are able to dose your slashes against enemys, i.e. you can make a short stop between attacks to quickly decide for a different combo.
Kain does that short stop as well.
Just compare his fight at 00:15 against the undead and 00:27 against Sarafan Warriors.

At the 25th second you can see Kain making that Reaver Attack where he smacks the enemy into the air and blast him away with a telekinetic projectile.
It is similar to Dante's Sword/Shotgun Combo. While Dante and his enemy are airborne, after he smacked him, he gives him a blast with his shotgun.

What do you folks think?

TG_Syd
16th May 2003, 15:03
*rolls eyes*

I'm gonna hunt down and murder the next person who compares defiance to dmc

Sayel
16th May 2003, 15:15
not the game in general, just the combat style of Kain

Vampmaster
16th May 2003, 17:50
Not another one. I'm not even going to mention 'that game' here anymore. I'm considering it a swear word.

Lady Kreliana
16th May 2003, 18:57
The next person who mentions *that game* should be banned. :D

Sayel
16th May 2003, 20:20
I hadn't been to the boards for a long time, therefore I'm not up to date.

hmm...it seems I have missed something. Ah well http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/geno/rotz.gif

KainSyndrome101
17th May 2003, 00:25
I'm not trying to be a nuisance or anything, but the move Kain executes when he swings his sword into the air, and then continues to go up with the enemy, is an exact rendition of the move "High Time" from Devil May Cry. Sorry, but, it's the truth. Plus, you seem to have control over whether to stay on the ground and use the move, or go up with your opponent, just like Dante in DMC.

In my opinion, I'm not mad about this. I think it's cool that C.D. is taking the best of DMC, ICO, and LoK and making the ultimate game.

hippiechk
17th May 2003, 00:37
I think that the fighting style in DMC rocked!
And if CD pulls it off for Kain and Raziel to fight in a similar way, I will be thrilled.

Azazel005
17th May 2003, 10:08
I totally agree with hippichk, plus Kain can throw people with the power of his mind and drink blood and other cool vampiry things, It all equals fun in my book.

Vampmaster
17th May 2003, 12:47
Originally posted by KainSyndrome101
In my opinion, I'm not mad about this. I think it's cool that C.D. is taking the best of DMC, ICO, and LoK and making the ultimate game.

As long as they only take the best of those games and not just turn Defiance into a clone of them. I said before that taking inspiration is OK but copying isn't.

punkst4r
8th Jun 2003, 05:47
DO YOU THINK THAT THERE'S SOME SORT OF BAR WHERE IT LET'S YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MORE ENERGY YOU HAVE TO EXECUTE A
TELEKESIS ATTACK?

A NEW IMPROVEMENT IS THAT KAIN CAN DO THE OLD SCHOOL NECK BITE. IF YOU PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE TRAILER YOU CAN SEE THAT KAIN IS BUSTING THE TELEKENETIC BLOOD SUCK WHILE STILL FLOATING IN THE AIR.

I THINK I SAW VORADORS IMAGE IN THE TRAILER ALSO BUT IT WENT TO QUICK TO TELL.

Quicksilver
8th Jun 2003, 09:35
As long as they don't take any inspiration from the DMC dialogue <shudders> (am I the only one who found this oh-so-annoying? I know comparing it to the LoK voice acting etc. is unfair, but the guy needs L and R on his boots, for crying out loud....) :D

chris026058
8th Jun 2003, 09:50
I totally hope they implement the dope combat controls from DMC to LoKD! Not exactly, but somewhat similar. I mean, you just cant say(in all honesty), that any of the other LoK games battle system came close to DMC's. I believe DMC has the best combat system EVER incorporated in a game(at least the COOLEST)-*still my opinion*. So I dont see anything wrong with implementing that excellent system with LoK's great story, visuals, and presentation. Then there would be truly NOTHING lacking in LoKD!

Sayel
8th Jun 2003, 19:48
let us all just wait and see. I am very sure, we will not be disappointed by the folks of Crystal Dynamics. After all we have been delivered excellent games, haven't we? :)