PDA

View Full Version : What are we supposed to expect?

I)animoth
15th May 2003, 19:34
OK, first of all, hello to anyone. It's the first time I post here.Like everyone here, I guess, I'm excited about the Lok: Defiance announcement and so on, but I was wondering what should we expect from the game. I read in the Blood Omen 2 forum that a lot of people was disappointed with many things of the game (me included). BO2 had nothing of the original Blood Omen or the Soul Reaver features which made the game a masterwork. Besides characters and Nosgoth itself (which lost all of his fantastic gothic-style architectures and natural landscapes), the story itself has some lacks. I'm referring to the fact that Vorador is inexplicably resurrected, and also Janos (which says that he was not killed, but imprisoned - however in Soul Reaver 2 the Sarafan Raziel DID get his heart). This all could also have a meaning - Raziel at the end of SR2, not having listened Kain's warning, resurrects Janos with his heart... and also Vorador could be alive for some temporal change or something... but the most disgusting thing was the fact that the Hylden - showed on the walls of the chamber under the Pillars in SR2 as a kind of demon thing or something (similar to the witch you meet outside the city in BO2 - have been revealed to be some kind of alien with a predisposition for technology. The whole Legacy of Kain story was an epic adventure in which technology, in my opinion, does not fit very well. I read that someone liked this sci-fi style, but I really find it unappropriate for the rest of the saga. So this is my question. I know that Chris does not answer questions about the storyline, but if you answer this, there won't be much revelation... are we expecting a game that will end with a sort of Star Wars or an epic, gothic-style game like Soul Reaver 2?
I really hope Amy Henning has a different idea of the hylden than the makers of BO2 did... if it was for me, I'd have canceled that chapter from the Legacy of Kain series.

Abellah
15th May 2003, 19:57
You just wait 'till Moebius gets his Death Star and the Sarafan Lord chases Kain down with his Super Star Destroyer.

Plus, the Seer gets some clothes.

Uggabugg
15th May 2003, 20:06
lol.

mobius: kain i am your fater.

kain: nooooooooooooo(runs off and weeps)

Vampmaster
17th May 2003, 13:46
Originally posted by Abellah
Plus, the Seer gets some clothes.

*gasp* Why would they need to do that? :D

On a more serious note she was an interesting character. I'd like to see her in Defiance to find out more on her origins.

I)animoth
17th May 2003, 15:30
Well, the Sarafan Lord says that also the hylden are a shadow of their former glory (something similar) so I think she is one of the original hylden (like Janos for the vampires). In fact, she has wings, and looks more like the hylden painted on the SR2 walls than the foes you kill at BO2. I think that vampires/hylden are somewhat a sort of angels/demons that lost something of their pure race and became what they are (the vampires for the hylden's curse, the hylden for the reclusion in the infernal dimension where Janos sealed them). Still, I'd like the hylden to be more demons than aliens...

Vampmaster
17th May 2003, 18:26
Demons are supposed to be fallen angels according to people who have read the bible.

SteveCarll81
17th May 2003, 19:12
Originally posted by Vampmaster
*gasp* Why would they need to do that? :D

On a more serious note she was an interesting character. I'd like to see her in Defiance to find out more on her origins.

i kinda liked her skimmpy outfit lol made her look more appealing in my opinion lol.