PDA

View Full Version : Free Defiance DVD

seaside32
14th May 2003, 20:09
In case you folks didn't know, Eidos is offering a free demo DVD to anyone over 17 who signs up. When you enter www.eidos.com, a pop-up screen takes you to a list of titles being presented at E3. Click on LOK link and there is a link at the bottom of the page to sign up for the free DVD. Contents of the DVD are unknown but is expected to ship in June.

Chris, if you are reading this, can you elaborate on the DVD and how people can get to the order page from Eidos' website? So far I've only gotten to it from the pop-up window. Also, there the E3 trailer is now available on Eidos' website.

Seaside32

fneh
14th May 2003, 20:42
I'm just ****ed that I can't get it cos I'm in the UK! whatever happened to the choose your territory screen! Us brits don't get smeg all!

c'mon eidos! all the LOK fans are in Europe anyway!:D

(you can claim it if you go to www.legacyofkain.com. you gotta be a US resident tho):mad:

Eversor
14th May 2003, 20:50
I wouldn't expect that it would be a gameplay demo or anything Defiance specific. The link is on all the Eidos E3 game sites so I think it will probably be a collection of trailers and other promotional material from E3 for each game, but it may not be. We'll see.

seaside32
15th May 2003, 13:25
Thanks Fneh,

I hadn't looked at the official site yet. To bad you Brits can't get the DVD.

It might be just an overview demo of all of Eidos' new games, but what the hey! IT'S FREE! That happens to be my favorite price....free! :)

Arielslover
15th May 2003, 17:05
Thanks seaside,

I ordered mine today!

Raziel689
15th May 2003, 23:58
I may have just screwed up on the form so I may get two. If that happens I can maybe send someone one.

chuffy
2nd Jun 2003, 22:19
Ahoy ahoy,

Raziel689, im in england mate if you do get an extra copy maybe i could send you some cash and you send me the game?
unless things change and they deside to start sending the DVD to us fans in the UK

chuffy

Raziel689
3rd Jun 2003, 00:44
Sure! If I get an extra I definately will.

NoobSaibot
3rd Jun 2003, 15:36
I ordered it when I first saw it. I am personally hopeing that it shows the newly rendered SR2 ending, LoK D beginning cut seen.

X-Sabre
3rd Jun 2003, 18:05
cool, thanks for the info.

Raziel689
26th Oct 2003, 08:03
The DVD is out. All it has is trailers you can download online though. And I only got one in case you still wanted it.

JGibbs86
26th Oct 2003, 09:53
Why don't they do offers like that for UK LoK fans? It's not fair! I too am waiting eagerly for the newly rendered intro cut-scene. The one at the start of SR2 is simply fantastic!

~xxJGibbs86xx~

LOKFan
26th Oct 2003, 10:20
All of Defiance's cutscenes are used with the game's engine. There are no rendered cutscenes like the ones in the SR series.

Omega
26th Oct 2003, 13:24
Originally posted by LOKFan
All of Defiance's cutscenes are used with the game's engine. There are no rendered cutscenes like the ones in the SR series.

The only rendered cut-scenes in the Soul Reaver games was the intro FMV, and the Chronoplast Time Portals... everything else was with the in-game engine.

Having said that, the quality of the in-game graphics for Defiance looks much better than anything rendered.

LOKFan
26th Oct 2003, 13:39
Originally posted by Omega
The only rendered cut-scenes in the Soul Reaver games was the intro FMV, and the Chronoplast Time Portals... everything else was with the in-game engine.

Well, yeah. That's what I meant. I wasn't saying "There are no rendered cutscenes like all of them in the SR series."

I was saying, ""There are no rendered cutscenes like the Intro FMVs in the SR series." Just to clarify.

Unholy Messiah
26th Oct 2003, 15:23
Originally posted by Omega
Having said that, the quality of the in-game graphics for Defiance looks much better than anything rendered.

I still dissagree with those who think that... The in-game graphics are much better than what they were, but they are not up to the quality of Glyph X's FMV's...

TwentyThree
26th Oct 2003, 15:47
Well the in game renderings may not be quite up to rendered graphics, but that doesn't mean they're bad. They convey the storyline quite well, and they're fun to watch. It's kinda pops me out of the game to see a rendered cinematic. And unless you have a dedicated studio like Square Hawaii or Blizzard to do the rendered movie, it will add cost and take away development time to make them. Personally, I'd rather have more game and stay 'in' it.