PDA

View Full Version : Observations on LOK:D screenshots.

Lozza Mate
14th May 2003, 06:48
I've noticed one or two things in these screenshots.

firstly:
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/lokdefiance_051203_24.jpg
does anyone else notice the bird near the bottom-left of the screen? Could Vorador be spying again?

secondly, I have a little problem with the new Raziel model:
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/lokdefiance_0501203_20.jpg
Is it just me, or does his hair seem a little too big and goofy(ish)? that's about my only problem with it, although the way the reaver is attached to his arm looks a little awkward.

thoughts?

warpsavant
14th May 2003, 06:58
Good eye. I didnt notice the bird but someone metioned it here
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16539
or maybe it was GFAQ's.

The wraithblade looks different, it still comes out of his hand but its different now so it may take awhile to get used to. I didn't notice anything about Raziel's hair. His feet looked weird to me.

blincoln
14th May 2003, 07:07
I think it all looks rad.

I'm also sure Vorador will make an appearance in this game.

warpsavant
14th May 2003, 07:10
Yeah everything about this game looks and sounds rad, its like they really listened to what the fans wanted.

blincoln
14th May 2003, 07:30
Yeah, but they only took the good ideas =). This is going to be the best game ever!

DarkWraith
14th May 2003, 07:51
Plus guys remember these images arn't final. there will be some touching up and stuff. they did say the graphics weren't completely tidy yet. But you know they will be and when that happens..... It's game time.!!!
HELLYEA!!

darien_specter
14th May 2003, 08:09
It does, though, seem that there is a change in the way the Reaver looks and behaves. In other screenshots it clearly has the skull-shaped hilt of the physical Reaver; which looks really exciting to me: as if it is going to resemble the blade more. More like the soul of it...

I noticed the bird, too! I had figured it was merely another example of extreme detail; but I hadn't thought about Vorador's crows... Now that I think about it, if I was a crow I'd not be hanging out that close to such a combat without a good reason...

In short, it looks gorgeous... and it looks like it is following the SR2 aesthetic rather than the BO2, which I find heartening. Hooray... the countdown has begun!

Reaper007
14th May 2003, 08:12
about the wb, according to PSM magazine the wb will no longer be part of raz

here u can see raz is holding on to it
http://www.eidosinteractive.com/e3webAlpha/images/lok/art/large/large_2.jpg

here u can see the hilt of it
http://www.eidosinteractive.com/e3webAlpha/images/lok/screenshots/lokd_10.jpg

Reaper007

Lozza Mate
14th May 2003, 09:12
another problem I have with the graphics is the blood reaver. it looks too... shiny. and smooth at the edge. it also seems to be more like the BO2 version (silver) which I'm not a fan of, I like the tainted bronze/silver/red jagged version of SR2.

anyway, I'm done now.

Soul Reaver
14th May 2003, 09:21
I personally liked the idea of the Reaver coming out of Raziel's hand like in SR2 more. I don't think he should be holding onto it. I read something (it was probably a thread about the PSM article) about the Reaver becoming an unattached weapon and I don't favor the idea.

Vampmaster
14th May 2003, 10:31
I think you should still be able to see the hilt, but the glowing spiral around the blade should extend up his arm. I should point out; I don't think it would be worth delaying the release over.

Omega
14th May 2003, 10:40
Maybe thats it?

Maybe the soul in the Wraith Blade was never Raziel himself, but a future version of the Wraith Blade. If indeed Raziel has to hold it.

I noticed the bird too... more time-travel? ;)

(Yes, I know that SR2 ended in the past timeline when Vorador was still alive :p)

Nothing wrong with the 'new' Raziel model. His hair looks cool, and the textures look alot smoother. Great job CD :)

blinc said it before... 'rad' :D

blincoln
14th May 2003, 10:46
The reason for the different style (as I've pointed out elsewhere) is probably that you can do a lot more cool fighting styles with a sword as opposed to something strapped to your forearm. Having the weapon in your hand gives you an extra joint to work with.

solidsnake
14th May 2003, 13:18
Who else is hoping if Vorador is a character that we get to kick his butt w/ Kain? I think that would make for a heckuva a boss fight.

Apocrypha Roxy
14th May 2003, 19:32
Originally posted by solidsnake
Who else is hoping if Vorador is a character that we get to kick his butt w/ Kain? I think that would make for a heckuva a boss fight.

Watch yo mouth, boy! Vorador rocks the house! :mad: :D

Actually, what would be neat-o frito is if they continued the series with Vorador as a playable character - as in, he gets his own piece of the LoK pie - we'd find out what made him so bitter towards humankind (Surely, it wasn't just Janos' death. Janos mentioned it to Raziel when they stood at the balcony. Something definately happened.).

Okay, so the above probably won't happen. Might even sound retarded. But, I always thought it would be... interesting.

Kain's Ancient Blade
14th May 2003, 21:27
I'm also sure Vorador will make an appearance in this game.

its almost definate that vorador makes an apperance, have u guys seen the screen with raziel fighting in a masion(most likely voradors'), which has a statue of vorador behind him.