PDA

View Full Version : Eidos' LoK: Defiance E3 Site

Divine Shadow
13th May 2003, 21:06
First discovered by Triple Wing at the Nosgothic Realm (http://pub6.ezboard.com/fnosgothlegacyofkain.showMessage?topicID=5350.topic) , the Eidos E3 site has more Legacy of Kain : Defiance goodies,

http://www.eidosinteractive.com/e3webAlpha/lk_fs.html

including the WMV format trailer (same as IGNs but without the logo and two-thirds the download size), some very nice artwork, and an Official Corporate announcement of the game, which explains among other things, how the savegame system works:

New features such as a ‘save anytime’ system, which allows the player to save their progress at any point in time, will add to the seamless, action-packed gameplay. Secret areas and hidden bonus items will reward exploration, enhance replay value, and lessen overall linearity of the game, as players can revisit any areas once navigated in search of additional missed treasures. - Corporate Announcement Me Do (http://www.eidosinteractive.com/e3webAlpha/corp-lok.html)

Its like a mini-official site! I really love this emphasis on non-linearity and secrets!

blincoln
13th May 2003, 21:10
This is *so* going to be the best game ever!

DarkWraith
13th May 2003, 21:22
woohooowhooowhooooo
can't wait!!!

XenoGearSaga
13th May 2003, 21:33
I am alway looking forward to any LoK games. I just finished playing through BO 1&2 and SR 1&2 again last month.

NightChyld
13th May 2003, 22:15
I'm......so....happy.....*single tear falls from my cheek*

TheElderGodofNosgoth
13th May 2003, 23:34
Yeah. Very, very excited.

warpsavant
14th May 2003, 01:09
More screens. Its snowing in one of them. :eek:

This is a cool little site, huh?!

Apocrypha Roxy
14th May 2003, 01:45
>has a joygasm<

THIEF THIEF THIEFTHIEFTHIEFTHIEFTHIEFFFFFFF!

OMG did you see those screenshots? Oh My GOD.

Did you see that TRAILER?!!? OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

-I'm holding back tears, I'm so HAPPY. SOO HAPPY-

Legacy of Kain: Defiance is going to ROCK THE HOUSE.

I recently had an 'arguement' about LoK verses DMC/2 with my Step-nephew (who is 19 - I'm 17). Now, he's a fan of LoK, but he's mock-serious about the next installation. To quote him: 'There IS NO Soul Reaver 3. They're all gonna be reborn as humans. HUMANS. Dante can kick his ass anyday.'
I said "What have you been smokin'?"
'Dante is a Demigod!'
"Yeah, but Kain's a God!"
'No, Kain's a VAMPIRE God. Dante's a DEMIGOD.'
"That makes no sense."
"Yeah it does."

Muttering incoherent epithets, I went home DETERMINED to prove him wrong. Then I come across this.
Hehehehee.... :D

Thus I wrote an E-Mail with the link to his girlfriend/my friend. Abtly Titled:
"Make Tom Eat His Words!"

Tell 'em to put THIS in his pipe and smoke it! Legacy of Kain: Defiance - the newest installement of the series coming this winter. Totally hot engine utilization, kick ass graphics, and 2 characters to play with. Takes place in the LoK: Blood Omen era.

Yo, Tom - Kain OWNZ Dante! Vamp Demigod got Mad Skillz fo-shizzle against... other Demigod.

Nyaah! :P

That was a lil bit of Brooklyn 'tude, for those who don't know.
I am soo gonna make him feel stupid. I wish I made a bet, I'd be 50$ richer right now...

NoobSaibot
14th May 2003, 02:11
Did any one else look at that last screen shot with raz using the wraith blade to take out that one enemy? It looked to me like it had the hilt that the reaver did. Is that possible?

warpsavant
14th May 2003, 02:49
Apparently so. =)

saravok
14th May 2003, 06:16
It also mentions Raziel posses the bodies of victims. The save anytime system sounds good to.
Just six more months... hopefully heheh.

Lucent
14th May 2003, 06:51
:eek:

Sweet leaping JESUS that trailer looked good! I-I don't even know what to say to that...

But did anyone else notice the winged vampire in the trailer with beams oflight radiating out of his body?

Argh, I leave for E3 tomorrow-- Hopefully I'll have time while there to pester the Eidos folks.

darien_specter
14th May 2003, 07:49
Weeping for joy...

I have to say, when I started reading the IGN article helpfully linked by blinc, I thought, "Oh no... what have they done?" And then I found out... I don't think an article has ever persuaded me so effectively... Even my sister, with whom I happened to be on the phone when I found out, and whose attitude towards LoK combat was to leap over enemies and run away, was fired up. The trailer, the screenshots, all are so beautiful...

After you mentioned the winged vamp with light, I went back to watch... and boy does that look interesting... but thanks to the stupid WMV format, I can't go back by frames to really see what's going on! Oh Chris... a Quicktime maybe???

I can't go to E3, but I have the next best thing: a friend in my theatre department who, by virtue of his voiceover and composing work for games, is. I can't wait to hear what he tells me...

blincoln
14th May 2003, 07:50
The IGN version of the video is in quicktime, have a look in that thread for a link.

darien_specter
14th May 2003, 08:03
Much thanks!

EDIT: Except for the fact that, in my joy over the screenshots, I seem to have reached my 'IGN daily media limit'... O, I hate these subscription things...

fneh
14th May 2003, 10:55
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

someone's gonna have to slap me here.....

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

dago
14th May 2003, 12:21
it looks awesome!
i cant wait!!!!!
those screenshots look amazing!!!

i just hope it looks that good on a pc!

Azrael
14th May 2003, 13:10
someone's gonna have to slap me here.....
Sure!
*slaps fneh* :p

Well, the game is way too better than i was thinking.
*goes watching the trailer again* :D

fneh
14th May 2003, 15:22
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.......

I was excited to start wioth but now I've seen that video.....OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Evelin The Winged
14th May 2003, 16:31
WOW! :cool:

I liked the screenshot with Raziel using telekinesis on an enemy the most. :)

Apocrypha Roxy
14th May 2003, 18:57
I was excited to start with but now I've seen that video.....

Fneh: I burst out laughing when I saw that...

HAH! Oh boy, that's funny... :D

I have a feeling that that 'winged' vampire is someone we hold very... very dear to our hearts.

Raziel, maybe?

I know, I know, Rio said that he wouldn't be restored... but that trailer leaves room for doubt...

I'm saving up pennies so that I can afford Defiance by the time I reach Sophomore year in college (say, a little over a year? I have to get there, first!)

C'mon, Lincoln, we can do it! :D

Sarxis
15th May 2003, 03:04
I'm pretty hyped about it already. :cool:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cbinkowski194251/sarxissigsmall.jpg

Apocrypha Roxy
16th May 2003, 01:16
I downloaded the trailer at school in my PowerPoint class - we're doing presentations, and guess what I chose.. :D - and I'm incorporating that into my presentation; as a suprise at the end.

It's soo gonna rock the house.

BTW: Blinc, thank you for your permission (and to WolfRevven @ Nosgoth.net) to use some stuff from your sites. I'm writing up a whole credits slide for you'se guys and all. And I have music from the game - :D Nah, actually got it from the site where they posted the soundtracks to the games. All burned on a CD so I can chuck it to school everyday and blast Ozar Midrashim for 50 minutes straight in Math. :D

Also, where can I get the pictures of Simon & Co. with their bios? LoK.com put up the new Defiance thing, and I can't get there... poo...

-Runs off doing a little dance of glee as aspirations come to mind of the best project in the class. Ever. W00T!-