PDA

View Full Version : the music in the video

JANOS_KING_OF_VAMPIRES
13th May 2003, 20:58
i doubt that that kind of music will be in the game, well i hope it wont

but what if it was? how woud u feel?

i got kinda mad when i heard the music, it made me think that LOK was going all nu-metal like other games(mkda having adema make a song and music video)

blincoln
13th May 2003, 21:07
I thought it was cool, but I doubt it will be in the game.

Kain's Ancient Blade
14th May 2003, 01:18
i agree with blinc

blincoln
14th May 2003, 01:36
I wouldn't complain if it *was* in the game though =).

bnfdhfdhfd
14th May 2003, 01:47
WOOHOO!!! I CAN POST!!

Anyway, I don't think it would really fit in anywhere in the game, but you never know...

warpsavant
14th May 2003, 01:47
There will most likely be an option to shut the music OFF if you don't like it.

Umah Bloodomen
14th May 2003, 01:49
Aw, but I was so looking forward to the Linkin Park soundtrack. LOL

Welcome aboard, bnfdhfdhfd. I am glad we were able to get your problem straightened out. :)

JANOS_KING_OF_VAMPIRES
14th May 2003, 03:05
yea, i saw that on the sat too
weird

anyway, if that kinda crap is in the game, i dont care if i could turn it off, i'd rather have good ol fashioned gothic LoK music

Secrets Of Nosgoth
14th May 2003, 04:05
It definately doesn't sound like it should be in LoK. It isn't like its bad music, it fit the trailer well. But the music in the Blood Omens and Soul Reavers are much better, and fit the game well.

If it is in the game, I wouldn't mind too much. I'm sure the music will fit the mood of the area you are in. And if that is the worst song available on the soundtrack for Defiance, that isn't a bad thing.

Lady Kreliana
14th May 2003, 04:34
IMHO,

Good trailer music, bad game music.

DarkWraith
14th May 2003, 07:58
I thought the music was pretty cool. But you couldn't use that kind of music all the way through the game, it wouldn't work.
Hey wouldn't it be cool if you could play your own music to the game. You know slap in a CD (compact disc before ppl get confused. Somehow I think cramming a member of the Crystal Dynamics staff into the CD tray wouldn't work) save the tracks onto the hard drive of your console and then play them whilst gaming. Or not I am sure there will be replies saying how dumb that idea is and how it just couldn't work. But hey I can dream!

DW

JANOS_KING_OF_VAMPIRES
14th May 2003, 12:51
i was once told that the x-box has thisd thing where u can download music for games

i dont know if its true..i only own a ps2

fneh
14th May 2003, 15:33
I think it sounds well good. It really suits that trailer. Sounds a lot like adema again tho (MKDA)......

Wouldn't really fit in game but on trailers it's really suited.

Preacher
14th May 2003, 15:56
Originally posted by JANOS_KING_OF_VAMPIRES
i was once told that the x-box has thisd thing where u can download music for games

i dont know if its true..i only own a ps2

I think I know what you're talking about, in some games, I think there are about 10+ right now, you can put music on an CD Rewritable and upload it to your X-Box, you then have the option to use the uploaded songs as the game music soundtrack.

Bodies + Wolverine's Revenge > j00

I think it'd be a nice little touch to Defiance. =)

Evelin The Winged
14th May 2003, 16:54
If that music is in the game, well...look at Primal! I've seen the game being played, and when you fight an enemy, there's that music...
I'm dead sure that they won't put that music in...or maybe yeah?
Well...I like Linkin Park anyway...

Apocrypha Roxy
14th May 2003, 18:48
I still REALLY want to know who the artist is...

It's been playing in my head all day... GAH!

fneh
14th May 2003, 21:15
I actually think it's adema......sounds a lot like them. My girlfriend thinks so too

Eversor
14th May 2003, 23:29
I liked it. I really wouldnt mind if it was in game either, just as long as it wasnt overdone and it was appropriate. Music like that inspires some serios butt-kicking, and I think it would be appopriate if it was used during a scene where you are really tearing someone a new one, *possible SR2 spoiler* like at the end of SR2 when you get the Blood Reaver. However, I think some powerfull orchestra music could inspire just as much emotion or more. So I'm really fine either way.

Basically though, they chose that music because they really want to get the point across that Defiance is going to be different. They want us to know its going to be new and exciting and the music reflects the new gameplay style they are aiming for quite well.

JANOS_KING_OF_VAMPIRES
15th May 2003, 01:34
seems like i am out numbered by nu-metal fans

Sarxis
15th May 2003, 03:34
I'd be very disappointed if that was the music, but like others, I doubt they'd go that route.

Umah Bloodomen
15th May 2003, 03:36
If they went the nu-metal route, then Jim, Kurt and Mike must have been sacrificed to the Unspoken and are no longer amongst the development team. :p

EDIT: Punctuation adjustment.

Sarxis
15th May 2003, 03:41
You mean, we'd find their corpses in the catacombs of Avernus? :o

One of the best things about the SR series is its music. Its some of the best I've heard in a game.

Umah Bloodomen
15th May 2003, 03:56
Or at the bottom of the abyss. :o

The game soundtracks are good, but I must say that Mike and Kurt also do some great side-project work as well. (I haven't heard any side project stuff from Jim though).

Lady Kreliana
15th May 2003, 04:47
One thing that I liked about SR2's music was that it was very subtle. You didn't really know it was there, and I felt that worked for the game. It wasn't distracting. I was hoping the rest of the LoK installments after SR2 would have subtle music as well. I personally feel that if they put this style of music in the game, I'll be more compelled to listen to it then play the game or watch a cutscene. However, that's just me. :)

willow
15th May 2003, 05:45
Although I would still purchase the Defiance... I would be disappointed if modern "nu-metal" was placed in the game...in any shape or form (well maybe in the 'extra' material... but in standard gameplay I wouldn't like it at all).

It makes the overall experience more "trendy" and less timeless.

But to be fair I never once thought that CD would make that move... it appeared to me that the "music video" was merely a short movie made for E3... like all other E3 movies... I was intended to catch your attention..., which I believe it did (considering the massive amount of attention the game is already getting).

I’ve always adored the SR scores… it’s one of the reasons I love the series so much. It very much encompasses the game; I doubt CD would change it so drastically.

darien_specter
15th May 2003, 15:08
I really doubt it... It's just a trailer, and the music fits the trailer really well. But the trailer is also choreographed to that music, which seems to me like it was written for this trailer. For gameplay, something like that would be far too much of a presence; and especially given that the aesthetic look is unchanged, I see no reason to worry about the music... In fact, I'd bet the music isn't recorded yet. When it is, then I expect we'll hear it in a trailer...

dangerizer
15th May 2003, 15:13
that's a good point the music and voice acting won't take nearly as long as the programming for the game. Plus the more of the game they have to show probably the more inspiration for the music composers. I imagine this process will start in a couple more months as they get closer to completion. The voice parts they can probably do in a day and the composition in a couple of months max.

JANOS_KING_OF_VAMPIRES
15th May 2003, 16:01
its odd that the new gameplay trailer had no sound

i wonder what the music for this game will sound like

Evelin The Winged
15th May 2003, 16:32
Aren't we all...?

JANOS_KING_OF_VAMPIRES
15th May 2003, 16:41
oh man! i wish that question was multiple choice!
hrmmm
is the answer ...yes??

darien_specter
15th May 2003, 19:07
Well, now, not quite a day... Trust me, that sort of voice recording stuff takes longer than you might think. Not nearly so long as the programming of course... But voiceover work is still acting to us, and so it still isn't rushed. I'd say (just a wild guess) maybe a week? There is a LOT of dialogue to record for these games, after all... :D