PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV on the PS4

Deathcharge
21st Apr 2013, 13:09
So I missed on getting FF XIV for PS3 and they are planning on releasing FFXIV sometime next year. Does anyone know if FFVIX will be compatible with the PS4 or will it be something like what happened to FFXI that only worked on PS 2? I am interested in the game but just dont see myself buying 2 different version sof the same game.

Leaferian-379423
21st Apr 2013, 15:13
So I missed on getting FF XIV for PS3 and they are planning on releasing FFXIV sometime next year. Does anyone know if FFVIX will be compatible with the PS4 or will it be something like what happened to FFXI that only worked on PS 2? I am interested in the game but just dont see myself buying 2 different version sof the same game.

No, Final Fantasy XIV is seeing a full release this year, most likely toward the end of June or beginning of July, both both PC and PS3. They currently have no plans for a full retail release of XIV on the PS4, but that system is something they'll be keeping in mind in the future so there's still a possibility it will see some sort of downloadable port. PS3 games on disc will not be compatible with the PS4 as far as we know right now, if that's what you mean.

If you're going to be playing the game as soon as it comes out, then you should be getting it for the PS3.

Deathcharge
21st Apr 2013, 15:18
Cool thanks for that reply.

member_10654382
29th Apr 2013, 21:08
It's a shame that it's not coming out on the Wii U. The tablet controller would lend itself to MMO's quite nicely.

Leaferian-379423
30th Apr 2013, 02:53
As an update, the third phase of the 'A Realm Reborn' beta is being delayed until June because of Sony certification issues with the PS3 version of the game. Phase 4 (the open beta which is the last phase before launch) is supposed to be pushed out 'soon after' that. Unless they shorten the phase times, looks like this game will be released closer to the end of July or beginning of August.

31st May 2013, 13:28
Hi,
Unable to find PS4 thread, so here goes.

The PS4 goes on sale real soon. According to various sources, Sony will disallow backward compatibility,
hence, PS3 games will not run on the new PS4.

It's gratifying to know that FF XIV will be released August, about 3 months ahead of schedule.

In light of the high probability that Sony will disallow PS3 games on the PS4, what are Square Enix plans
to migrate FF XIV (or a future higher version of FF) to the PS4?

Many thanks to the Square Enix staff for all their hard work and accomplishments!

Cheers

Grimoire
31st May 2013, 17:02
[Ps4] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29886207/Ps4)

Tachimeh
10th Jun 2013, 22:11
YES IT WILL BE ON PS4!! I might wait awhile to buy it then unless you can use your ps3 account on ps3.

SithHappens
10th Jun 2013, 22:59
I'm guessing (see: hoping) that those who bought it for PS3 will be able to log in to their account through a PS4 copy also, so as to not short change anyone.

Paladin_Locke
10th Jun 2013, 23:11
I'm guessing (see: hoping) that those who bought it for PS3 will be able to log in to their account through a PS4 copy also, so as to not short change anyone.

I would like to think so. If nothing else, I can see SE allowing PS3 players to repurchase FFXIV:ARR for the PS4 at a reduced cost or something. Maybe not though. Truthfully, the only change between the two would be slightly better graphics.

SithHappens
10th Jun 2013, 23:41
Well yeah, they'd maybe give a code for a cut-price copy for PSN, or we just buy it ourselves if we want to upgrade. I wonder what other differences there'd be other than updated graphics... Hmm.

Fubar4585
11th Jun 2013, 01:44
Now that I know the PS4 is only going to be 399.00 I'll be getting FFXIV for it for sure! PS4 Just slapped Xbox UP!

SithHappens
11th Jun 2013, 02:13
Me too! I'll be upgrading for sure.

Yeah, Sony pummled Microsoft so hard.

And i loved it.

SofaKingGood
11th Jun 2013, 05:49
I'm sure those who buy the game for PS3 will be able to log in on the PS4. Your character should be saved on the SE servers so you would only have to purchase the PS4 copy of the game

Ruhyah
11th Jun 2013, 10:05
We all agree Sony hit Xbox out of the ballpark...

I preordered the PS4 today, and will get ARR for it, till then be playing it on my PS3...last night was awesome a Ps4 ARR, versus FF X15 for PS4..

venkaramon
11th Jun 2013, 10:13
i can see it coming out of the ps4 but not around release i mean theyre still working on dx11 for pc. but being gamer centric so far i think the dev team will put an upgrade at least with reduced pricing

demyxx
11th Jun 2013, 10:42
They said you have to pay 5 bucks a month to use PS4 Live. Correct me if I'm wrong...so now we have to pay about 20 bucks a month to play FF14?

:C Not a big deal or anything but man lol.

x3Noctis
11th Jun 2013, 11:29
They said you have to pay 5 bucks a month to use PS4 Live. Correct me if I'm wrong...so now we have to pay about 20 bucks a month to play FF14?

Think about it like this. To use the xBox One, you have to be online all the time. You can't even play used games. Plus it costs a lot more than the PS4. Hahah, hope that helps. x)

SithHappens
11th Jun 2013, 17:51
Yeah, it's going to be pricey, but i can only assume that PS+ will retain the whole buying it either quarterly or annually.

Though i found this: www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/4419240/final-... (http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/4419240/final-fantasy-14-launching-in-2014-for-ps4-includes-transfers-from-ps3)

Knew it :)

Grafulrich88
12th Jun 2013, 11:44
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I love PS Plus. I had it for over 3 years and it is great. You get several PS3 games for free each month, as well as PS Vita games for free as well. You also get huge discounts on PS3, PSN, PS2, PS1, Indie Games, avatar pictures, themes every month. You will be very happy with PS Plus and what Sony is doing to give gamers awesome and current products for free and discounted.

Just this week I downloaded for free Uncharted 3, XCom:Enemy Unknown, Deux Ex, and Little Big Planet Karting. Last month I couldn't beleive they gave me Square Enix's Sleeping Dogs for free with additional free content. I have been with Xbox Live for over 9 years and they never gave me anything for free. I heard M$ announced that they are giving away for free Halo 3, Fable 3, and Assassins Creed 2. Thanks MS for some old games no on cares about. I bought Fable 3 several years ago. Halo 3 came out nearly 6 years ago, and I think AC 2 came out 5 years ago. WOW!!! Thanks for the old crap your cleaning out M$. What a joke!!!

Well looking forward to FFXIV ARR on PS3 and eventually PS4. Sony and Square Enix are awesome!!!

Cheers,

Rob

PSN: GrafUlrich88 (feel free to send me a friend request on PSN. Please let me know you saw me on SE website. I want to play FFXIV ARR with a great buch of people)

Ruhyah
12th Jun 2013, 15:44
yeah I had an Xbox, got my PS3 this year I have been on Plus since started love it free games, extra perks..its only $50 a year to subscribe..Thing is Sony presentation they said you only need one PS plus acct, it will work on more than just one..so say you ghave PS3, PSVita, and PS4 you get its benefits on all those consoles no separate subs needed. So you get PS3 goodies & 4 same time if you have both.

afterwar
12th Jun 2013, 22:16
Just read an article about this. Though the wording is unclear, it seems sony won't be putting services services you already pay for (netflix and mmo subs) behind the PS+ paywall.

www.psu.com/a019831/Some-PS4-MMOs-wont-r... (http://www.psu.com/a019831/Some-PS4-MMOs-wont-require-PS-Plus-for-online-play)

Shredtodeath
13th Jun 2013, 09:48

+ the game copy itself is 50-60 dollars. That just way too much for one game.

Fubar4585
13th Jun 2013, 09:55
Sony has stated that PS+ will not be required for MMOs. Good news ya?

wicca
14th Jun 2013, 05:10
No its not to much some mmo go for much higher prices, pay to play is way more then any f2p mmo, just flat better in every area, at least most of the time.

You can only put a ps+ game on two machines, and only if it says so.

CyberOliver
20th Jun 2013, 18:36
Hi, I've been very curious lately about how Sony plans to implement Gaikai on psVita. How's psp, ps2, ps3, ps4 and psvita adhoc and online features gonna work? I really want to be able to play ps4's Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn on my vita but the game's concept is an MMORPG, would it really be possible to stream cloud the title with Gaikai on Vita and play the game online at the same time? My vita will automatically claim the rank title of "Order of the Portables" if i were able to for example: play Uncharted 2 Among Thieves multiplayer with it. I have so much faith on Gaikai CEO David Perry to do exacly that. Have squarenix said something about cloud streaming their titles via remote play Gaikai ps vita? I'd like to be in the top ten list to first know!/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

x3Noctis
20th Jun 2013, 19:27
I kind of have a hard time seeing FFXIV: ARR being played on the PSVITA honestly. There's so many things on the screen and the PSVITA is kind of small.

member_10553306
24th Jun 2013, 12:30
When you announced the pre-sale of "FF14: The Realm Reborn", I immediately accessed the store and bought a version for the PS4. A month later, you guys announced that the game would also be released for the PS4 console. My question is, will I have to buy the PS4 version too if i want to be able to play the game on the new console? Could guys, i don't know, give de PS4 version for those who have registered the PS3 version?

fLOYDSTRIFE
24th Jun 2013, 12:49
i think what they are going to do is allow you to download he ps4 verison for free...im not to sure but it would make more sence then makeing you buy the game,....unless it also came with a 30 day free trial..that might make a little bit more sence

liquidcyberpunk
3rd Jul 2013, 13:37
If i pre-order FF 14 ARR for my PS3 can i transfer my character to the PS4 version of FF 14 ARR???

xxCresentxx
3rd Jul 2013, 14:04
Yes .

sqex_3618783
3rd Jul 2013, 14:30
I've seen similar questions like this all the time. Everything is stored server wide

"What does that mean?" you ask, well in short, they don't give a crap what system you're playing on. You can make a character on PC and then play on your friends PS3 or PS4 and your character will still be there because it's saved to your account.

Hope that helps!

liquidcyberpunk
4th Jul 2013, 15:55
If i pre-order FF 14 ARR for my PS3 can i transfer my character to the PS4 version of FF 14 ARR???

thank you to everyone for replying,this is great news!

Grimoire
4th Jul 2013, 18:32
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

member_10475039
4th Jul 2013, 19:00
My PS3 died but i dont want to buy another for FFXIV. I am going to get a ps4, so could i just buy the ps3 version and get it to work with ps4 as well?

Hippy_Pickle
12th Sep 2013, 13:57
I can hardly contain myself after reading this, but SE are certainly pulling out all the stops for the PS4 version of the game. Here's the article:

Great news has been coming out of the Square Enix camp today for those of you planning on jumping from PS3 versions of FFXIV to PS4 versions upon release. First, you now have a beta date! If you’re currently playing FFXIV on the PS3 you’ll be able to take part in the PS4 beta testing starting on February 22nd, 2014. Some of you gaming masters out there probably recognize this date already as it will be the day the system launches in Japan.

As if that news wasn’t awesome enough on its own, the press release also contained a few details about pricing for the PS4 if you currently play on the PS3. Well, let me just let the press release speak for itself here:

“Furthermore, those who are currently playing the PS3 version of FFXIV: ARR will not have to re-buy the game on PS4 and will be able to transition to playing on PS4 at no additional cost. They will even be able to carry over their character data and continue playing on the new platform.”

Yep, you read that right and if you had plans to upgrade this is fantastic news for you. Grab your characters, slide over to the new system and go!

A February beta is certainly an earlier date than many were probably considering when the PS4 version of the MMORPG was announced which jives perfectly with predictions Yoshi-P made about users being surprised by how fast the PS4 version would come out.

Original article source xivnation.com (http://www.xivnation.com/news/ps4-version-ffxiv-will-free-ps3-players/)

Gomly1980
12th Sep 2013, 14:03
That is pretty decent of them to be fair.

They might be slow to fix certain issues but they do seem to be looking after their customers.

Hippy_Pickle
12th Sep 2013, 14:05
Well considering most websites are advertising PS4 games at £45 - £50 then it certainly is! Amazon has the PS4 copy of FFXIV listed as £50 which I never would have paid for it.

WelshSpeed
13th Sep 2013, 00:05
The disc/digi copy should be free anyway, You pay 108 a year to pay it that's 28 more than the best selling games and more than 50 pound a year for a game i feel rapes this game, To be fair its a really small game on any standards hence why thay made xp 10x higher than normal made totally pointless main quests that have nothing to do with the story and split up skills where really there the same thing, which theres only really 10 skills. This time line a blacksmith deals with all metal work but thay split it into 3 classes and last time i checked for 100s of years people who make colthes use cloth and leather but yet again to hide the limited things to do thay split them up, Same goes for mining and woodcutting its the whole reason why dig points are so far apart even though in woodcutting you have two trees that are the same but you can only cut down 1 which back to what i said before when you cut down a tree the tree must change basic shape even runescape mastered that and there really limited.

overal most people would have mastered this game well before its out on ps4 hell im half way there and ive only had limited time on it so nobody's going to want the same **** on the ps4. Then again the no difference between the ps3 and ps4 anyone other thay the games will cost more. all muti platform games are made the same and 80% of the games will still be ps3 spec in 2015....

Hippy_Pickle
13th Sep 2013, 07:38
Why do you feel the need to come into a joyful good news thread with complaints? Regardless of what content I may have left to complete within the game (there's always end game content) I would still prefer to play on the PS4 due to the graphics which would make it more than likely like the current higher end PC's. Then you add cross game voice chat which will make questing a lot easier among the PS4 gamers.

With so many negative comments why do you even play this game because it doesn't seem like you're enjoying it? I'm too busy enjoying this to nit-pick small details or pointless observations about splitting crafting classes.

WelshSpeed
13th Sep 2013, 08:57
Because i think it shouldn't be put on ps4 unless really this is just anther beta, Now im a big final fantasy fan but this game dont tick any of the final fantasy boxes, This game is evolving into something thats really a bad game and i would much perfer them not to put this onto ps4 but redesign this game then bring it out again ps4 even just fixing all the faults i said would make it better, Ps4 and xbox1 are just low end gaming pc's and at the min there both only working within ps3 specs (don't listen to people saying thay can do this and that and dont listen to e3 gamescon people either, everyone's putting the ps4 up higher than it really is, like claims of ps4 games running 70fps for gameplay lmao thats when the game was played on pc's and ive seen first hand that the ps3 end games look just the same as the ps4 games)

As for chat that is easily possible now with a software update but beening able to keep it in a limited area is the issue and most likely will only work with party's.

Well as we all know most games at the start are slow and boring so i played on, After hours and hours of play give or take about half way into the game its still slow and boring. Welll there not pointless observations as its the little details that made ff games great and it can be easily made better/fixed via a software update, Everyones so worryed about the log in issues ect nobody's bothered that really the games **** inside all because thay had to wait so long just to play thay just want to get **** done.

Hippy_Pickle
13th Sep 2013, 09:07
You're obviously a very ill informed PC user and yet again so very bitter about a game you are obviously not enjoying. The reason there is no current cross game voice chat on the PS3 is all to do with the coding of older Electronic Arts games which if Sony did roll out a update it would render those games unplayable on the consoles.

Saying this is just another beta is just mind blowing, myself and thousands of others that have got past any login issues are really enjoying the game content.

Now everyone is entitled to their opinions but this thread was meant to be a news article and you've hi-jacked it into a 'lets complain about the game' thread. If you have a gripe then by all means create your own thread to rant in but please do not continue hi-jacking threads with posts that are nothing to do with the original posts content.

Troubleman1990
3rd Dec 2013, 05:19
How will it happen?
I know that there is a sale for the digital version for the PS3 on tuesday.

If I buy this digital version will I be able to upgrade to the ps4 version for free? If so how will it be possible? Will I have to have started the game on the ps3 in order to get the PS4 version?

Asuha
5th Dec 2013, 18:12
You'll need to have the game tied to your Square Enix account.

Hippy_Pickle
10th Dec 2013, 11:30
From all the information currently available, if you have already bought FFXIV on the PS3 (and have logged in and played it which links it to your PSN account), you will get automatic access to the PS4 beta due to start in late Feb 2014 and then when the full game is released (April 2014) you will get the PS4 digital download for free. This is all linked to your PSN account, so if you have a valid user license on your PSN account the PS4 will recognise this and authorise the free download.

Please note though that apparently once you upgrade your PS3 FFXIV account to the PS4, you will no longer be able to log into a PS3 with your FFXIV account. So once you transfer then it's for life!

realmreaver73
9th Apr 2014, 15:32
I have a question.
Despite the fiasco of the company you allow to represent you. (FIRE them) I do indeed look forward to purchasing your game when it comes out Monday.

That said, why no digital versions for the PS4?
I mean we'd pay full price, get early access, goodies and no hassle since we already got the game installed on our PS4s.

It boggles the mind why we cannot purchase it digitally. You give up one of two codes tomorrow. (early access and goodies) then the other code Monday (right to play.)

Just asking. Sorry I was so upset before but that distribution company you guys are using to deal with purchases IS horrid.
BTW I got my money back and wait to play it Monday when I purchase from a regular store.

Hippy_Pickle
10th Apr 2014, 07:41
Digital purchases would be managed by Sony on their store, I'm surprised they haven't put it up as they usually inflate the store price for digital pre-orders!