PDA

View Full Version : Extensive coverage on IGN!

blincoln
13th May 2003, 05:03
I just received an email tip about this article:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/402/402041p1.html?fromint=1

It's got a ton of screenshots, and a video!

This game is looking *so* cool already. I can't imagine what it will be like when it's actually released.

Umah Bloodomen
13th May 2003, 05:31
Very impressive trailer indeed. This looks like it's shaping up to be a good one. I wonder if it will knock BO out of the top spot for favorite of the series. ;)

Lady Kreliana
13th May 2003, 05:38
Awesome! This game is sounding better and better all the time.

Thanks for the link!

blincoln
13th May 2003, 05:45
I am just the messenger =).

I can't believe how cool the game looks in the video!

dangerizer
13th May 2003, 05:54
wow!
I'm ready for it now.

Secrets Of Nosgoth
13th May 2003, 06:36
Wow indeed. This game looks stunning. And I'm not talking just about the graphics. The style is completely unleashed. I so want to play this right now.

Umah Bloodomen
13th May 2003, 06:44
I'm not too sure about that trailer music. Not very Jim/Kurt/Mike-esque IMO. ;)

blincoln
13th May 2003, 06:48
The trailer was put together outside of Crystal Dynamics.

I actually have an SR2 preview video with a rock soundtrack too, only (IMO) it's not that great-sounding. This one is pretty good, music-wise.

Umah Bloodomen
13th May 2003, 06:51
Rock music just doesn't fit with the atmosphere of the game IMO. It was good in DMC, but that was more of a modern-setting.

blincoln
13th May 2003, 07:00
I like it in this one =). Actually, the only minor complaint I have about the video is that the transition effects obscure some of the incredibly cool footage.

That shot of Raziel bouncing around and then landing in a crouch is the kind of thing I've wanted to see in a LoK game since I first played SR.

Plus the logo is cool! I like how it's all spikey.

warpsavant
13th May 2003, 07:11
Bloody Codecs!

jesta
13th May 2003, 07:15
:eek: That Trailer just says it all this blows all the previous games away wow
I now hope the storyline does the same because if it does then there are going to be some verry happy bunneys hoping around when this is relesed i can tell you just cant wait got to play it now.... lol
well if this is what it looks like now then just think what it will look like in six months time now thats somthing worth waiting for.
thanks for that link Blinc.:D :D

Embla
13th May 2003, 07:31
Great video!:D
And some very nice pics.
For some reason this reminded me of Resident Evil. :eek:

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1719339&object_id=536027&channel_id=70&page_title=E3+2003%3A+Legacy+of+Kain%3A+Defiance&adtag=network%3Dign%26size%3D468x60%26channel%3Dps2%26site%3Dps2_hub%26channel%3Dpreviews%26type%3Dpartner

Vampmaster
13th May 2003, 09:50
It mentions a TK meter. Interesting... I love that blood aura around the BR. It's like the thing's bleeding and then drinking it's own blood (along with that of the guy on the end of it).

EDIT: Bat form!

EDIT 2: If the Elder is larger, that means going forward in time right?

JANOS_KING_OF_VAMPIRES
13th May 2003, 11:23
thank u good friend

you are an asset to the entire community

Anubis_Orr
13th May 2003, 13:03
Bah, "Daily media limit" :rolleyes:

Kain's Ancient Blade
13th May 2003, 13:04
OMG that looks so awesome. i so cant' wait for this game to come out. this game is so not gonna suck. but what does suck is that i can't view the trailer

Is the summer over yet?

TheElderGodofNosgoth
13th May 2003, 13:47
I like the fact that...

"Raziel [...] has the ability to warp from the Spectral Realm to the Material Plane by possessing the bodies of fallen baddies [...]."

That sounds cool.

Thanks N0V4. for showing me how to use the spoiler text.

ZeNeR
13th May 2003, 13:49
And you just couldn't use the spoiler function? BTW, it's really cool!

TG_Syd
13th May 2003, 15:23
all I can say is...WHOA!

Anubis_Orr
13th May 2003, 15:29
Finally got it to work. Had to keep clearing my cache and going back before it would let me see everything. Most impressive, quite a few interesting things in the trailer. :)

[Edit]Anybody know the song that was playing? I liked it.

Sarah
13th May 2003, 15:37
Hey! Kain looks slightly less chubby! Yay!
Perhaps this next LoK game will finally have, ahem, "balance" to it?(Combat/gameplay being as in-depth as the storyline).
I liked, REALLY liked both Ico and DMC 1, and am pleased that those were potential influences for this new game.

Edit: FINALLY! High jumps in a LoK game! This sounds silly, but I always wanted my playable character to be able to jump higher.
Haven't been able to watch the Gamespot trailer-their site is wayyyy slow today, for some odd reason. I wonder why? :)

Divine Shadow
13th May 2003, 16:46
Thanks for the link Blinc, the trailer was fantastic. Vorador's Mansion certainly, a fight with what looks like Sarafan at Malek's Bastion, and some concept art in the background that reminded me of Avernus...

They're onto a winner here, I'm sure of it.

For those of you having difficulty with IGN or the Apple Quicktime format, you can download the trailer from Eidos' downloads server:

http://www.eidosinteractive.com/downloads/search.html?gmid=142

It's in WMV Windows Media Format, and doesn't appear to lose any quality (despite it being only two-thirds the size of the one on IGN). I stress though that it is the same trailer, without IGNs stuff on it. Enjoy!

ZeNeR
13th May 2003, 17:46
Hey, that video kicks a$$ big time! The game really seems to be quite addictive and superb in all means! :D

But there's another thing in that video. If you really look carefully between the seconds 12-13 you can definitely see Vorador!
So, we have one old character confirmed at least. :)

Anubis_Orr
13th May 2003, 18:27
Actually I'm fairly sure that's not Vorador. I believe it's just the statue that's come to life after the door closes, you can see its head on fire.

N0V4
13th May 2003, 18:45
*drools*

btw TheElderGodofNosgoth to use spoiler thing just type [ spoiler]*text*[/ spoiler ] (no spaces of course :D)

Kain's Ancient Blade
14th May 2003, 00:53
to quote eric cartman

"sweet"

Wise Man Domingo
14th May 2003, 01:06
Ever since SR1 came out I wanted to play as the evolved Kain... Now I can get my wish! Yay me!

Ahem... looking cool, this is, I can't wait!!! Well, I can, mainly since if this is rushed like the last one it'll turn out bad, but that's looking doubtful from where I'm standing!

Albion
14th May 2003, 11:01
Cant help but think that the statue that suprises Raz, (not the on on fire, the one with the wings) resembles his pre-fallen form if you look closely. The wings arent the same though....

Im excited!
:D

Embla
14th May 2003, 12:00
It reminded me of the statue in SR2`s fireforge.

willow
14th May 2003, 23:19
I think I've decided that Defiance is a wet dream come to life.

yep.

blincoln
15th May 2003, 01:28
IGN has full gameplay footage up now.

There is an **awesome** part where Kain uses TK to levitate an enemy, then jumps up into the air to the same height, holds HIMSELF there too, gets in a couple of Reaver hits, throws the enemy over a balcony, and finally drops back to the ground.

Defiance is going to be the best game ever!

hippiechk
15th May 2003, 01:34
OMG!
I think… I just… creamed my pants… AGAIN!!

Anubis_Orr
15th May 2003, 01:49
Sweetness.

warpsavant
15th May 2003, 05:58
How'd Raziel get all them guys catch to catch fire?

Umah Bloodomen
15th May 2003, 06:02
Originally posted by warpsavant
How'd Raziel get all them guys catch to catch fire?

Pyrokinesis? ;)

warpsavant
15th May 2003, 06:10
Maybe, but he like hit em with the Reaver and they went on fire. Then he hit more guys and they didnt go on fire, I thought it was it was weird. (LOL)

I also saw the old mizan from SR1! Its in some IGn screenshot but I have no idea what one. Its one of the bottom four. Stupid media limits.

Umah Bloodomen
15th May 2003, 06:14
Well, Pyrokinesis could be implemented. Raziel just merely thought about setting enemies on fire as he lays the smackdown. I saw Firestarter, it could happen. :p

I liked how Kain gave into the powers of the Dark Side and joined with the Sith. I wonder if Divine Shadow has any info on another Deathstar cameo... :p

I'll check those shots. My media-limit hasn't been used up for the day yet. :D

Vampmaster
15th May 2003, 09:53
Maybe the ememy landed on a torch on the wall or maybe they implemented the burn to death but havn't had time for the Fire Reaver (pleasepleaseplease, CD) graphic to go with it.

vampire of balance
15th May 2003, 12:42
Bat form is here but what about wolf, disguise and mist???? Dark Gifts???

Divine Shadow
15th May 2003, 23:58
I liked how Kain gave into the powers of the Dark Side and joined with the Sith. I wonder if Divine Shadow has any info on another Deathstar cameo...

Umah, you mean... you DIDN'T SPOT IT?

Okay, okay. Watch the first trailer, and pause it at exactly 21.2988 seconds.

By squinting your eyes and looking at the screen in a low light (thats how I spotted it), you can clearly see...

http://members.aol.com/turelzevir/ds1.jpg

The Death Star in the top-left corner, orbitting Nosgoth (red arrow added). Okay, so its a bit blurry, but it is a low-quality WMV format trailer.

I'm glad that the LOK: D team are sticking to the concrete story of LOT: DR so that there aren't any discrepancies. Oh yes.

Umah Bloodomen
16th May 2003, 00:56
I knew you would find it! I did double check the video and caught an actual glimpse of it myself (in action). I was so thrilled to see it. :D ;)

warpsavant
16th May 2003, 02:11
Originally posted by vampire of balance
Bat form is here but what about wolf, disguise and mist???? Dark Gifts???

He turns into a bat and has the Dark Gift Jump. There was something else but I forgot now.

I think my media limit resets in 2 hrs! Woo Hoo!

Anubis_Orr
16th May 2003, 03:09
All you have to do is clear your cache/history and keep going back. A bit tedious but it works :D

That's what I had to do because it wouldn't even let me view one screenshot before it said I had reached my limit.