PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots!:

Vampmaster
12th May 2003, 18:34
Someone just posted this at Nosgothic Realm:

http://www.eidosinteractive.com/gss/legacy/legacyofkain_reg/

I don't know if it will let me regester from in the UK, but at least there's something that won't be asked to be removed since it's on eidos main site. (If it's been posted here already, sorry for posting I just didn't see anything about it.)

blincoln
12th May 2003, 18:56
Holy crap!

*head explodes with excitement*

Thanks Vampmaster =).

Reaper007
12th May 2003, 18:56
sucks if ur not in the US:( , chris if read this plz would it be possible to have something setup for people not in the US? or is it because of dvd regional coding, other tech info, etc.

Reaper007

JANOS_KING_OF_VAMPIRES
12th May 2003, 19:19
damnit, u beat me to it

Matthew
12th May 2003, 19:30
I'm so sad now ... :(:(:(
Whyy??? Oh, the humanity... I ... need ... that ... DVD! :p

- Matthew

L_Master562
12th May 2003, 19:32
http://www.sonic-cult.org/forums/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Finally. Have to want more, and it looks great.

T-C
12th May 2003, 19:48
Legacy of Kain: Defiance Website

Disclaimer: Free DVD available while supplies last. US Residents Only.

That is why I am proud to be an American. ;)

Thank you Vampmaster for the information. I think I'll be looking at this website daily from now on :).

saravok
12th May 2003, 19:53
Relaxed!!

Only not in europe. :(

Raziel689
12th May 2003, 20:05
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!
AT LAST YEEEEEEEEEES!

*coughs*

Damn I think I lost my voice when I first found out.

Embla
12th May 2003, 20:18
Thanks Vampmaster.
The screenshots looks amazing. But whats up with the "view trailer"? It just takes me back to the same page.
Maybe it is not up yet?:confused:

Preacher
12th May 2003, 20:24
Legacy of Kain: Defiance Website

Disclaimer: Free DVD available while supplies last. US Residents Only.

Bollocks.

blincoln
12th May 2003, 20:31
I'm sure you darned Europeans will get some cool exclusives as usual. You got the holographic SR1 cover, and the German SR1+2 DVD-ROM, it's bound to happen again. =)

Evelin The Winged
12th May 2003, 20:33
How about fake you address and everything and just get the news? Hell I bet I would have been the only one who would have done that...I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! I'M INNOCENT!

blincoln
12th May 2003, 20:34
That is **such a waste**, and I really hope it doesn't become a trend. They're not going to email you anything that doesn't end up on the website, and it means they'll basically be throwing away a DVD that could have gone to a fan in the US.

Preacher
12th May 2003, 20:39
Originally posted by Evelin The Winged
How about fake you address and everything and just get the news? Hell I bet I would have been the only one who would have done that...I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! I'M INNOCENT!

Wha...? If you're talking about faking your address or something, I doubt that'd work. I'm just holding out for something similar on the UK site, but I doubt it.

And you have a point there, blinc. Although didn't you guys get a few cool extra features in the SR2 DVD? ;) I would've liked to have seen those cast interviews.

Embla
12th May 2003, 20:44
Originally posted by Preacher

And you have a point there, blinc. Although didn't you guys get a few cool extra features in the SR2 DVD? ;) I would've liked to have seen those cast interviews.

Me too.:(

Evelin The Winged
12th May 2003, 20:45
I never said I did it already! Sheesh! :rolleyes:

blincoln
12th May 2003, 20:46
Maybe if you all would just agree to speak The King's English(tm) you could get the bonus videos =).

That holographic SR cover is just too cool though. I'm glad I was able to add one to my collection.

blue ancient
12th May 2003, 21:05
hmmm, anyone else see a physical hilt?

Divine Shadow
12th May 2003, 21:14
Either Eidos' webserver has been Slashdotted (not so likely), or I'm having technical difficulties, or the page has mysteriously vanished...

I got to see the pictures, thank god, but at least for me the site is gone.

I wonder if this is Gamershell all over again, something that was not meant to get into fandom, well, getting well and truly into fandom. It would explain the lack of announcement and the trailer... to... nowhere.

Damn, cover up time, here we go again.

Blinc, get the neuraliser, I'll get the weather balloons.

blincoln
12th May 2003, 21:17
That's funny, it still works for me. The proxy server at work may be sending me a cached copy though.

Neuralizer on standby anyhow.

Divine Shadow
12th May 2003, 21:24
It might be just my connection then, but try as I might I can't seem to get access to the page anymore.

Maybe I'm just demanding too much from my AOL connection: connecting to a web address; viewing JPEGs; delivering HTML. I mean its AOL, its hardly meant for web browsing.

Hmmm. I wonder who first posted the link of whatever forum, I'll be very curious how they came across this little gem.

[sunglasses on Stand-By]

EDIT - Bloody hell, I'm a Junior Member again! Didn't they SEE the last coverup!?

blincoln
12th May 2003, 21:27
Allegedly it was posted on Gamespot, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone just tried a bunch of semi-random URLs. I get that a lot on my site.

Divine Shadow
12th May 2003, 22:31
It's back up now, for me, but with one significant difference. The 'VIEW TRAILER' button has gone.

Stranger and stranger.

Gamespot? I checked the news section, nothing of consequence. Maybe the news was delivered as part of the Gamespot Complete service. Or in the Gamespot forums, which I haven't checked.

A commentary on the contents of the screenshots... I am certain that the fourth screen is Vorador's Mansion, carpets, walls, all match. The roof is a nice touch, reminds me of Janos' chambers in Soul Reaver 2, sort of a homage to his sire.

In these shots, and in the GamersHell ones, the same strange grey baddies with swords are about. I'm not sure what to make of them, they are perhaps human... but they're everywhere, even in Vorodor's place.

Raziel's blade in shot #3 is interesting, and certainly different. Considering the beginning bits of SR2, when the reaver encounters its former self it undergoes a transformation... Perhaps the climax of SR2 forced another transformation. It looks as if it has the sharp protruding elements of the material blade handle on it...
Shot #3 depicts a location from the GamersHell shots, what looks like graves on the floor, and alcoves with skeletons in the walls. That, combined with the rectangular pillars in the walls, makes me wonder if this is Kain's Mausoleum.

Shot #2 depicts the same grey guys, having a bad time. The crow at the left looks like Vorador's from SR2. The staircase we can barely see is interesting, but gives us little clue as to where the area is.

Shot#1 instantly made me think of the area in SR1 where Raziel emerges from the Elder's caves. Even the pedestal is there...

AmranX
12th May 2003, 22:41
There's a link to it on the top of the Gamespot main page. It was there yesterday as well.

Omega
12th May 2003, 22:49
Oh how I'm glad to have contacts in the US :D

Just asked her on MSN and she's agreed to forward the disk(s) to me. Hope it isn't breaching any law or something...

I noticed it said the disks would be posted in June.... ah well. It's not that far away :D

Okay, I am totally happy now... honestly. Seen my first screenshots of the game and whilst I hope they're far from finished (they look cool as is, but boy, by the time their finished ;)) and a friend has agreed to send me info she gets from Eidos.

How cool am I :D

AmranX
12th May 2003, 23:12
Any idea if that cd is just general Eidos stuff or something to do with LOK? If it's the later I'd go through the trouble of getting someone to forward it.

blincoln
12th May 2003, 23:21
I fully agree about the first and fourth screenshots, DS.

someguysteve
13th May 2003, 02:48
the soul reaver has definitly changed, but the hilt seems to be spiritual like the blade is now taking on the shape of the physical reaver. maybe the blade has hybridized, maybe some portion of Raziel exists in the physical reaver, maybe it allows Kain to completely destroy his foes

warpsavant
13th May 2003, 03:02
Material Reaver has a green hue. I wonder if thats a nature upgrade, but the guy is burning? Kains Reaver has a red hue.

Screen one made me think of the Tomb of Sarafan. Nothing came to mind with the other shots, but Shadows observations sound good to me.

It looks like Raziel actually brought that one guy up in the air with him in screen 4!

Raziel689
13th May 2003, 04:41
Just a bit of useless information here. You get a link to the same site when you go to http://www.legacyofkain.com/ It seems the site has finally been updated.

Raziel689
13th May 2003, 04:54
The second shot looks exactly like the pathway Raziel walks down in SR2. Trust me. I know.

Vampmaster
13th May 2003, 09:36
I'm sure it's Voradors mansion as well. If you looked at the scans of PSM posted at nosgothic realm, there's one of a large mansion with two curved stair cases next to winged statues either side of the door just like Voradors mansion in the bat form cutscene from BO1. I didn't check for the ignus fatuous though. Assuming the stronghold and the pillars are included I've counted about seven different areas in the game so far.

MrTree
13th May 2003, 16:44
I thought the first screen looked like the pillars outside the Tomb of the Serafin the first time I saw it.