PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Regions - Questions and Help

Nezzuccho
8th Jan 2013, 09:03
So I got sent here from the Final Fantasy XIV site and was wondering how come you can't select Australia as where your from?

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I was just wondering.

I realise it's a na.square-enix.com and the na represents north america but like why can't aussies sign up?

Grimoire
8th Jan 2013, 09:22
[SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS] currently covers three regions:

Japan [member.square-enix.com/jp/ (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/,)]

North America [na.square-enix.com/ (/)]

Europe [eu.square-enix.com/ (http://eu.square-enix.com/)]

Unless you live in any of the aforementioned parts the world, you won't be able to sign up for the game registration/rewards system.

(Of course, you could technically sign up anyway and import your games and registration codes, but management will be unable to ship any rewards to your country.)

Nezzuccho
8th Jan 2013, 10:58
That seems a bit selective, why not let aussies sign up for NA servers (because they have fans here too) it's what has had to be done since like forever.

Also why not have a downloadable client? where it would rid the purpose of importing games and codes?

Popcicle
8th Jan 2013, 11:08
Australian players are supported by our European office. You can contact their support via this link: support.eu.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5... (http://support.eu.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5383&la=2&SQEXSC=jri9uqi1nj3c4qqq9bu676qtf5)

25th Feb 2013, 11:39
tried to register a square enix account but couldn't find the region that match south east asia.. does that mean player whom wished to play ffxiv but does not stay in US, EU/JP region can not register and play ffxiv?

does anyone know, if it's even legal to choose region closest to where you are staying? any official statement on this?

Grimoire
25th Feb 2013, 12:30
[FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=5382&la=1)

25th Feb 2013, 13:03
Thanks Gravity.

For the quick clarification for others whom are looking at the same doubt, i received the following reply from support.

"You can still register for the country closest to you but please keep in mind they may be limited in the support they can offer you, If you experience in issues they may only be able to provide general support"

Grimoire
25th Feb 2013, 16:03
That's good to know. Thank you for posting.

26th Feb 2013, 13:03
disappointing though.. it also meant that it's no possible to purchase the game directly form square online store. credit card outside their list of supportable region will fail the transaction. has to depend on 3rd party source for the game media.. it's just too much hassle.. and feel unreliable..

Vertrix
2nd Mar 2013, 04:42
I wanted to know if I will be encountering difficulty in applying for the beta since I'm here in South East Asia, The Philippines to be exact.
I was going to apply but then I thought about this problem.

so any help out there whether I can or can not apply for the beta test of FFXIV.

Thanks.

Grimoire
2nd Mar 2013, 05:16
"You can still register for the country closest to you but please keep in mind they may be limited in the support they can offer you, If you experience in issues they may only be able to provide general support"

shayne.thomas.33
21st Apr 2013, 01:57
can anyone answer this for me?

i have tried to search everywhere but i cannot find this info.

which regions does na support and which regions does eu support

moooka
21st Apr 2013, 02:14
It should be EU.

Grimoire
21st Apr 2013, 03:31
It doesn't really matter since:

na.square-enix.com/squareenixmembers/go/... (http://na.square-enix.com/squareenixmembers/go/article/view/262403/members_rewards_announcement)

"We are currently undergoing unification with the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site.

What this means is a migration of user information for all of our North American Square Enix Members to the Square Enix Europe’s Registration system. This will allow for users from both regions to utilize a single sign-in for Square Enix features and programs. We will follow up with the necessary processes related to this migration in the coming months.

As a result of this unification, when the migration has completed, the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site will be a joint effort, where the style, use and structure will mirror each other and be modeled after the current Square Enix European site design which you can view here (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/home)."

member_10745788
27th Apr 2013, 07:13
What about Indonesia? How am I suppose to complete my purchase if my country is not listed in the billing detail?

Grimoire
27th Apr 2013, 09:43
If you are trying to make a purchase via the [Online Store], I'd recommend that you contact

[SQUARE ENIX e-STORE Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=489&la=1)

member_10745788
28th Apr 2013, 02:06
Thanks but after reading other threads regarding invalid keys, purchase problems, etc, I think I'll just wait for the next sale on Steam Store instead..

mitesee
26th May 2013, 03:22
hi,
i am from Singapore and i can't buy FF: XIV ARR from either North-america nor europe square enix website. can anyone assist on this? Singapore and the other South-East Asia countries belongs to which region?

I have concerns with latency issues as well. Due to the close proximity between Singapore and US, joining US servers will give better latency (100~200ms). I wonder if there are any region restrictions? can't imagine joining an EU server(300~500ms).

Any kind soul do advice. thanks!

paulsee
26th May 2013, 03:38
i have the same concern as well.

Grimoire
26th May 2013, 05:52
Unfortunately, there is no Square Enix Asia apart from Square Enix Japan (with the exception of a Chinese division [last update: 2009-10-30]):

[SQUARE ENIX GLOBAL] www.square-enix.com/ (http://www.square-enix.com/)

venkaramon
26th May 2013, 06:38
Have you tried amazon? :>

x3Noctis
27th May 2013, 10:42
Have you tried amazon? :>

I think the preordered bonus will only count when you preorder it from the Square Enix site which is why they're asking in the first place.

Dyno69
27th May 2013, 13:48
The "pre-order bonus" should be accepted by anyplace you "preorder" it from its not called the Square Enix presale bonus :)

perceval
28th May 2013, 01:50
I'm Canadian and I'd like to download the games in French.
I do not know if you have to take European ft afraid if I take it to the North American

Dyno69
28th May 2013, 09:38
i know my Final Fantasy XI had a french version to install im sure this game will as well.

sakazuki_Borsalino
28th May 2013, 19:21
I'm trying to buy the FFXIVARR CE for Ps3 but I found a problem with the shipping/billing address. I live in Puerto Rico and I don't know what to place on some of the fields provided which are the following: City - State/Province - Country
On that note, the State/Province has placed - *Not Applicable* by default on the space provided but when I click on it, it show's me all the U.S states including P.R. On the Country space it also show's P.R as an option so that's what's got me really confused since when I buy online in other place's it list's P.R as part of the U.S for shipping and in here they are separate. I don't know if I have to fill both fields with P.R or if there is another 'trick' to it.

Thank's for your time!

Mayvin
29th May 2013, 00:45
Hello Carlos! I went on ahead and try to do the exact same thing, Here's my thoughts on the subject.

It does indeed say *not Applicable , i suppose it simply mean you do not need to put in a state since Puerto Rico here counts as a country. Unless you're in the state of Puerto Rico inside the country of Puerto Rico (I don't know, be my guest), you do not need to put in a state. You may still check both out as Puerto Rico but i do not think this will change anything. As for the City (Since you included it in your question)well , only you may help yourself for that one.

Hope this helped!

x3Noctis
29th May 2013, 01:03
Order it from Amazon. The preorder bonus is guaranteed in Amazon as well. It also says so and Amazon is trustworthy. I showed it to a friend of mine who lives in the Philipines so I understand your worries and such. They have the digital download/collect edition and etc. Basically everything.

kisekio
30th May 2013, 02:33
Anyone already got an idea where to pre-order for non-US / non-EU buyers?

At least CE digital version is fine enough, I just want to secure the pre-order for the bonuses and early access before the limit is reached.

SE store won't accept international credit cards. Amazon won't allow digital version for international buyers.

Are we left with the option to pre-order physical version from Amazon?

mitesee
8th Jun 2013, 22:38
So will there be any server for Singapore or South East Asia?

x3Noctis
8th Jun 2013, 23:51
If you can find a trustworthy friend to preorder the PC digital download, when the time comes, that person can forward the email with the code so you can use it to put it on your account. (Then it'll truly always be yours) And you can download it any time you want.

And yes it's possible because I confirmed it with the people. And I preorder a digital download for a friend of mine.

Dekkarra
9th Jun 2013, 13:28
In the grand scheme of how territories are divided by region, Singapore and many East Asian countries/Australia are covered by Square Enix Europe.

Square Enix North America covers Canada, the United States and Central America. And Square Enix Japan...well, pretty self explanatory, lol.

As for servers, the game data centers will be located in Tokyo, Japan and Montréal , Québec, Canada, so you are probably better off, ping wise, going to a Japanese data center server, but that's entirely up to you. All the servers are not language specific, so you'll undoubtedly find English speakers.

efd
13th Jun 2013, 00:40
I think i bought FF14 europe version. My question is if i can play in United State server or do i have to purchase a American version to play in the US.

Grimoire
13th Jun 2013, 05:20
Contact [FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Customer Service] [/url][url="http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=5382&la=1"]support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=5382&la=1)

ceorud
13th Jun 2013, 16:35
Hello there,

I was accepted to the FFXIV:ARR beta and provided a beta key today. When I click the link to enter the key from my email it brings me to the www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta (http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta)... page and I click the button that says "Click here to register your beta registration code".

When I click that I'm brought to a page asking if I have a SQENIX account, I click yes and enter my account info, which it accepts, and I'm brought to the Beta key entry page. Once I enter the key and click submit I get this error:

"The code's region is inapplicable. You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account. "

Now, all my account info and beta signups have been for NA, so I don't understand why there's any mismatch. I've already submitted a customer support ticket on this, but does anyone know a quick workaround? Best regards,

Carson

member_10609927
13th Jun 2013, 16:42
I received the same error message. We would appreciate some assistance Squenix.

member_10613074
13th Jun 2013, 17:14
me to

Technes
13th Jun 2013, 17:14
Likewise.

kerice
13th Jun 2013, 17:16
I haven't managed to get a code at all. DX

drkaugumon
13th Jun 2013, 17:18
Hello there,

I was accepted to the FFXIV:ARR beta and provided a beta key today. When I click the link to enter the key from my email it brings me to the www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta (http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta)... page and I click the button that says "Click here to register your beta registration code".

When I click that I'm brought to a page asking if I have a SQENIX account, I click yes and enter my account info, which it accepts, and I'm brought to the Beta key entry page. Once I enter the key and click submit I get this error:

"The code's region is inapplicable. You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account. "

Now, all my account info and beta signups have been for NA, so I don't understand why there's any mismatch. I've already submitted a customer support ticket on this, but does anyone know a quick workaround? Best regards,

Carson

I had the same problem, I sent in a ticket but I missed the time frame for replies for the day...

drizzt5481
13th Jun 2013, 17:55
I have the exact same issue. Has anybody gotten any resolution for this? Was very VERY excited to get an invite.

Crux69
13th Jun 2013, 21:39
This has happened to me too! Sent in a ticket hopefully they let me know tomorrow.

Maybe they sent out some EU / JP codes to people in North America? hmm.

stormphantompain
13th Jun 2013, 22:48
I've got the same prob! whats the deal??

drizzt5481
14th Jun 2013, 07:57
I don't know about anybody else but I just received a new code today that worked.

ceorud
14th Jun 2013, 12:01
Cory did you have to submit a customer support ticket to have the new code sent or did they send it automatically? Thanks

moemoehott
14th Jun 2013, 15:26
this is happening to me to

member_10632130
15th Jun 2013, 01:08
same problem here...

i have a canadian psn/sen account... apparently, the promo code i received was a US ONLY code, so i just made a US PSN/SEN account, redeemed the code there, download the game client... then access it on my main account, hopefully this works fine XD

gunslngr
17th Jun 2013, 12:18
This is happening to me too! i sent them a support ticket, but it drives me nuts to see that i cant even post on the beta forums because the beta regi code doesnt work!! is everyone also having the issue that the PSN DL code doesnt work either?

blackhawk0012
19th Jun 2013, 18:26
I cant find Customer Service so im making this topic.
Im already pissed so i wont keep arguing with trolls or fanboys.

All i want is to test the beta so i can decide to buy or not buy.

I tried with a Brasilian Account and another USA account.

Both didnt work.

So i Expect some answer from Customer Support or i will see Square Enix as i see Sega.

And you dont want that.

Rustweaver
19th Jun 2013, 18:33
The key is region-locked and tied to Europe. You would need to make a European account and go through the hoops to have it work.

blackhawk0012
19th Jun 2013, 18:34
Oh really? Then Square Enix can leave me out of this.

Not buying a game that i cant test.

"Screw you" Square Enix, "im going Home." South park Reference was here.

--

Btw , ty Ryan :P

Grimoire
20th Jun 2013, 14:13
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

pinedofrankie@yahoo.com
21st Jun 2013, 14:19
I cant find Customer Service so im making this topic.
Im already pissed so i wont keep arguing with trolls or fanboys.

All i want is to test the beta so i can decide to buy or not buy.

I tried with a Brasilian Account and another USA account.

Both didnt work.

So i Expect some answer from Customer Support or i will see Square Enix as i see Sega.

And you dont want that.

I have all my login information correct and i still cant login?

moREJECT
27th Jun 2013, 18:19
Hello everyone,

I just recieve my registration code for the PC version of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta. Although when I was prompted to enter the code I get this message,

"The code's region is inapplicable.
You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account."

I've read that at some point Square had sent out UK codes to US emails, is this still the problem or is there something else going on? Any direct help would be appreciated, thank you!

Ulation231
27th Jun 2013, 18:33
Hello everyone,

I just recieve my registration code the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta. When I was prompted to enter the code though I get this message, "The code's region is inapplicable.

I've read that at some point Square had sent out UK codes to US emails, is this still the problem or is there something else going on? Any direct help would be appreciated, thank you!

Hey Charles i am from Norway and i have downloaded the game on my PS3 and it works fine as long as the network connetion doesn't goes nuts

oh and i just got the code for the reg to so you aren't the only one with troubles right now.

moREJECT
27th Jun 2013, 18:40
Hello everyone,

I just recieve my registration code the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta. When I was prompted to enter the code though I get this message, "The code's region is inapplicable.

Hey Charles i am from Norway and i have downloaded the game on my PS3 and it works fine as long as the network connetion doesn't goes nuts

oh and i just got the code for the reg to so you aren't the only one with troubles right now.

I suppose I shoudl have said before, but i'm in it fo PC. Kinda glad to know that i'm not alone and the it works in Norway.

member_10322151
27th Jun 2013, 18:57
I am also having this issue but not even the PS3 code is working for me. Hope they fix it soon.

member_10246109
27th Jun 2013, 19:04
ive got the same issue i recived a uk beta key about an hour ago and live in canada so its nice and useless and wont work for a diff email so cant even just creat a dummy email to get in till fixed

moREJECT
27th Jun 2013, 19:07
I had also thought to just change my region on my account, but that also seems almost impossble saddly.

member_10322151
27th Jun 2013, 19:14
After reading some old forum posts, this all happened before about 2 weeks ago and they eventually fixed it. Just send in a support ticket and it should be fixed in a bit.

member_10246109
27th Jun 2013, 19:20
yea thats what i did but lets be honest wed rather try and ***** than sit on our hands waiting

member_10322151
27th Jun 2013, 19:26
The obvious customer service strategy is to have someone dedicated to browsing the forums for issues but they clearly do not have that here. However complaining will accomplish nothing.

batcat
30th Jun 2013, 06:45
So i heard that SE US/EU does not take international credit cards (correct me if i am wrong) so I was woundering a few things.

1)Is Final Fantasy XIV region restricted?[i.e. people from asia cannot access the NA server] Even though during the last beta it was NOT restricted.
2)If not, how are we SEA players suppose to pre order?[Even if it is just the digital version]

Note: Please don't tell me to go play on the japan server even if the latency would be better. I have friends in the NA server whom i want to play with.

Thanks in advance.

Revanthane15
3rd Jul 2013, 08:58
Is there any country restriction for this game ? ex: TERA online EU server, they block some country (mostly ASIA) thanks

eXEAGLE
5th Jul 2013, 08:22
i got invited to the beta but when i try and redeem my key it just saying i can't in my region it suck's

Since im Aussie all the way on a little island im guessing there no way to change my key to a region i can play ? i haven't tryied the ps3 code yet but ill will try soon thank you C:

mwcww3993
5th Jul 2013, 08:54
I got invited to the beta version of Final Fantasy XIV and it keeps telling me that my password or username is incorrect. I'm confused

gavilanche
5th Jul 2013, 09:34
I'm in the United States and mine also says inapplicable. My ps3 beta code won't work either.

ScottishGinger
5th Jul 2013, 09:56
I'm in the United States and mine also says inapplicable. My ps3 beta code won't work either.

Same with my pc code :(

mwcww3993
5th Jul 2013, 10:33
I got an invite to FF XIV but my key is invalid. ?? does not make since

ForsakenMyst
9th Jul 2013, 17:22
I'm ready to preorder for my fiance and I. I'm currently in US and She's in EU. She's outside of Like the UK area so she can't buy an EU copy, and I will be moving over there in November, so we'd both like EU copies.

Will the game be Region locked or am I safe to order off the NA website and use that later for the EU Servers?

sprill
9th Jul 2013, 17:57
eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/en/product/ (http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/en/product/) this is their eu website if that helps. i cant answer if it will be region locked though sorry mate.

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/ (http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/) is just the straight up normal eu site

good luck!

shiga33
11th Aug 2013, 00:40
Will this be Region locked ??
I bought the game from the EU site but can i play on the NA server??
Please respond

Hokutten
12th Aug 2013, 22:46
I'm sure you can choose any server once you are inside the game. There's a list with all the server and you can select according to your region.

jimmylittle007
16th Aug 2013, 03:21
I'd say probably region locked, I'm on the beta and it wont recognise my NA Square account, had to create an EU account even though my NA account was already linked to my PSN account. Square Enix is trapped in a regional code timewarp, it seems. So, definitely region locked I guess lol.

Goosecok
16th Aug 2013, 03:24
I'd say probably region locked, I'm on the beta and it wont recognise my NA Square account, had to create an EU account even though my NA account was already linked to my PSN account. Square Enix is trapped in a regional code timewarp, it seems. So, definitely region locked I guess lol.

And using a EU account works? Why haven't you shared this info? lol

Sevenifity
18th Aug 2013, 09:01
Hey guys, I want to ask something (i don't know if someone already asked this things or not). is it okay to use Region 3 PSN for playing FFXIV ARR DISC? until now there's no announcement for Reg 3 FFXIV ARR. I'm afraid if I use my asian PSN account I will have some incompatibility which creates problem in the future. Will we need to buy dlc, expansion or anything else through certain region PSN Store? or do we only need to buy them directly from Square-Enix sites (using crysta or Credit Card)? valid answer will be appreciated :)

Because my main account is REG 3
I hate to not having FFXIV ARR as one of my games list on my main PSN...

Blahlblah
18th Aug 2013, 19:36
Hi, I was wondering if FFXIV(NA) will be playable from China or will it be IP blocked? I'm going to move to China for a while in a couple weeks and would like to play with my friends if possible.

Consilio
18th Aug 2013, 20:04
They have a Chinese language selection on the official site. Take from that what you will cos it's all I've got lol

Blahlblah
19th Aug 2013, 18:37
They have a Chinese language selection on the official site. Take from that what you will cos it's all I've got lol
Thanks for your input! Does anyone have an answer? T.T

Mehendre
19th Aug 2013, 19:39
why dont you ask support? Im sure some chinese have already tried hacking into beta accounts xD

B1GGYB
20th Aug 2013, 22:33
Wat.

for others getting the error.....Its just alot of people trying to get through keep trying it will happen, but for me then this happens

Rolien
20th Aug 2013, 22:37
Having the same error as well this is a freaking mess.

kirai07
21st Aug 2013, 15:14
Say if my account is from NA but I bought my FFXIV CE copy from EU, will I be able to register with it?

Monstrous
21st Aug 2013, 16:01
No, they're region locked, as many of us have sadly found out from the silly code issues.

On a side note, how do you even tell what region your account is locked to?

sm00nie
21st Aug 2013, 18:06
No, they're region locked, as many of us have sadly found out from the silly code issues.

On a side note, how do you even tell what region your account is locked to? If you login to https://secure.square-enix.com and click on "Account Information" it displays the region.

urplumcrazy
21st Aug 2013, 20:43
I am still getting a error saying I must enter a code for my region:mad:

sm00nie
21st Aug 2013, 22:11
Try this out:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/110787-Error-3-FIX-Submitted-by-Kaayl

urplumcrazy
21st Aug 2013, 22:41
Try this out:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/110787-Error-3-FIX-Submitted-by-Kaayl

I all ready posted a fix topic

Veillett
22nd Aug 2013, 00:36
Me too, my account region is Americas but i think they send me an EU code... really bad.. im waiting after their answer
Any progression on your side ?

Amcathra
22nd Aug 2013, 00:38
They confirmed on twitter that they have accidentally sent out wrong early access key to wrong region to some account. They said that they would resend keys today. But if you haven't received a new early access key by Thursday morning, you need to open a ticket or contact SE support livechat

Ravittsu
22nd Aug 2013, 02:19
They confirmed on twitter that they have accidentally sent out wrong early access key to wrong region to some account. They said that they would resend keys today. But if you haven't received a new early access key by Thursday morning, you need to open a ticket or contact SE support livechat

this also happned to me. so i just bought another copy on the ps store. yeah its a waste of money i know but im going crazy for that EA

Tathata
22nd Aug 2013, 03:10
This worked for me, make sure all the sites you try to register the code on are eu or na depending on where you registered. First it was error 3 than not the proper region, than the next day I tried a few times on the proper site and it gave me a proper key.

http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/
http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/

IamWay
22nd Aug 2013, 03:10
So heres the situation, I recently bought a NA copy of FFXIV AAR while logged into a UK account (first account).
I have already used the 18 digit code to register the game to my UK account and a 20 digit code (NA one) was generated for me, but I can't use the 20 digit code as it is for a different region.
- So now I have ONE NA CE 20 digit key.

So, i'm intending to go ahead and buy another copy for UK, would it work if lets say I used the 18 digit code for the UK one on a NEWLY CREATED (second account) Square Enix account thats binded to the NA region. And then when it generates a UK 20 digit code I then use this 20 digit code for my first UK account, and i'll use the spare NA CE 20 digit key on my second account. Would this work?

Are the 18 digit keys that enable the game clients on Square Enix's accounts locked together with their 20 digit key counterparts? Can I use a 18 digit code from NA for the first step and then a 20 digit UK code for the second step?

Please advice.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 03:16
Can you cancel the NA Pre-Order and just use the UK account? Codes are bound by region to my understanding, for both the 18 and 20 digit codes. You would have to pre-order the UK one to replace it, but otherwise you may have to contact customer support to get your account transferred to a different region, if possible due to the region locking of codes.

IamWay
22nd Aug 2013, 03:33
It was a pre-order but I've already received the 18 digit code for NA and used it on my UK account, so I can't cancel it. :/ And if the NA 18 digit code is region bounded then I should not have been able to use it on my UK account successfully. Square Enix's system makes my head hurts..
Ah, so contacting customer support to transfer my account to a different region is my only recourse then? Will customer service transfer my account to a different region based on this reason, or am I screwed over? Hahaha, what a bummer.

Anyway thank you Mashr! :D

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 03:36
Have you tried registering the 20 digit code you received from the NA 18 digit code on the registration page the 18 digit code gives you a link to? The code you registered today was only for the pre-order content and not the Collector's Edition content.

That would be my only thought on the matter, just explain the situation to them and see if there's anything that can be done.

IamWay
22nd Aug 2013, 03:53
I did, it said I cant register the 20 digit code, says invalid region bla bla bla.
Yeah I will. I hope something can be done, lol.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 03:55
I did, it said I cant register the 20 digit code, says invalid region bla bla bla.
Yeah I will. I hope something can be done, lol.

I hope so as well, I wouldn't want someone to miss out on Early Access for this kind of reason. Good luck!

IamWay
22nd Aug 2013, 04:02
Thank you again. :D

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 04:05
Thank you again. :D

You're welcome, sorry I couldn't be more help!

Lorecheck
22nd Aug 2013, 06:27
I've recently moved to Australia from the US. My Region is set to NA in my account. I eagerly purchased FF14ARR (having done beta for the original and enjoyed it) in the Australian store - only to be told I can't enter my pre-order code on my account. My account is NA, my code is EU and the regions don't match.

My question is, is there any way to change my region so I can actually use the products I bought? Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and make a new account, losing all the information from my old one?

Thanks

solair
22nd Aug 2013, 08:14
Hi All
Now I face problem about my Code 20 digit where i register my 18 digit code that missing from my account when i try to register 20 to my square-enix account to use for play ffxiv because my account is US but my code is EU then i try to register my new account as EU for play ffxiv and the web redeem code alert me my 18 digit code is readly to use. Please guide me. how can I do T^T

Best Regards
Warradorn S.

Danify
22nd Aug 2013, 14:03
I've contracted Square-Enix about this issue, yet I haven't gotten a response in over 24 hours. I purchased the game on the NA SE shop, yet once I got the serial number I received an EU code instead of what I needed in an NA code. Worst case situation would be to ask if any EU buyer got an NA code and wants to trade before early access begins if they don't change it before then.

Amcathra
22nd Aug 2013, 14:06
This is a know issue. they are working on a solution to try and correct it. Source: https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/369995606422331394

I suggest trying either live chat, calling them, or wait for an answer to your support ticket.

sellako
22nd Aug 2013, 14:53
So today i tried to acess the game seeing that people are starting to download some data already, and i came to the user agreement, what i didnt understand now is this:

(1) You are unable to obtain a refund or exchange from the place of purchase; and

(2) You request the refund within thirty (30) days of purchase; and

(3) You have not already accepted this User Agreement; and

(4) You have not already entered the Registration Code accompanying your copy of the Game; and

(5) You purchased your copy of the Licensed Software in, and are currently located in, the United States or Canada.

I was able to play all phases of beta using an account i created in NA, i actually live in South America am I to understand that i will be affected by a region block and wont be able to play this game at least for now? I though this version was for the entire america not just the usa and canada, anyone can give me some enlightenment on this? I think its weird that i was able to play all the beta but now i would get out of the real thing, but who knows, should i try already go for a refund? I also cant find the support email to try to ask there if anyone could also give me that i would appreciate.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 15:03
So today i tried to acess the game seeing that people are starting to download some data already, and i came to the user agreement, what i didnt understand now is this:

(1) You are unable to obtain a refund or exchange from the place of purchase; and

(2) You request the refund within thirty (30) days of purchase; and

(3) You have not already accepted this User Agreement; and

(4) You have not already entered the Registration Code accompanying your copy of the Game; and

(5) You purchased your copy of the Licensed Software in, and are currently located in, the United States or Canada.

I was able to play all phases of beta using an account i created in NA, i actually live in South America am I to understand that i will be affected by a region block and wont be able to play this game at least for now? I though this version was for the entire america not just the usa and canada, anyone can give me some enlightenment on this? I think its weird that i was able to play all the beta but now i would get out of the real thing, but who knows, should i try already go for a refund? I also cant find the support email to try to ask there if anyone could also give me that i would appreciate.

As far as I'm aware, you are able to still play the game. You will have to be able to pay for your game time of course, but if you were able to play during the Beta (that same clause existed to my knowledge) then you should be all set to play when the game goes live.

OverShock
22nd Aug 2013, 20:14
i crate a EU account and i buy ffxiv EC US .. any 1 can help me that how i can change my region account to US :(

and i got my game cod .. but i cant register it .. its telling me ( The code's region is inapplicable.
You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account. )

Callico
22nd Aug 2013, 20:34
I'd just make a new account at the NA site personally. Do you have an important character on your EU account?

HCoelho
23rd Aug 2013, 01:44
can EU accounts pay the sub in dollars ?! i'm from brazil and a friend bought the game on the UK for me, but my account is NA.

theo23
23rd Aug 2013, 22:57
Do i have a Europe code? it starts with a "RAAU", and i have been reading some forums about europe codes that starts with that, but i dont know if its legit

If this is true this should be an NA code

warkevsan
23rd Aug 2013, 22:58
i had an raau code and i am NA so i would assume that one is too =)

ProtonStorm
23rd Aug 2013, 23:07
I had a RAAU as well, worked perfectly fine for my NA account.

TerakAlonia
23rd Aug 2013, 23:11
Try it. You'll like it.

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 23:13
Should be fine!

theo23
23rd Aug 2013, 23:18
thanks for the answers! and i just tried it, and it went through fine

Jill1808
24th Aug 2013, 03:28
European codes starts with RAAE

24th Aug 2013, 06:35
I Have an NA account, I used 6-3-6-3 code to my account, but when I tried to redeem the 20 digit code after for early access it was wrong the wrong region. So EU.

Im looking to trade my EU 20 digit for an NA 20 digit

PM plz.

24th Aug 2013, 09:04
I know many other people have the same issue but i dont know what to do and where else to turn. Yesterday i preordered the game, i registered my preoder code, for the preorder items and the early succes, that worked fine. Than i downloaded the client and started to instal, i logged in and it prompted me to to go to website where i need to put my code and just like many of you i cant get it to work. My code starts with RAAU which is AN, but i live in EU and it doesnt let me register it. I tried putting it in several times, changing to U to E, but it didnt help. I read that you can simply make a new account bu i have other games on my old account and i dont want to have second account just for one game. Can anyone help?

Naniyo
24th Aug 2013, 09:09
welcome to the club

and it isnt just the pc codes people in europe getting RAAU instead o RAAE but it is also
the ps3 pre order codes that do not work on european psn accounts

i have been waiting for response since the 20 th , if it is any indication as how long anyone else has to wait then... people are in for disappointment

24th Aug 2013, 09:19
Man, this just blows o.O I usually never have issues with ordering/preodering from internet, even in case of an mmo, this is inredibly annoying :( so no one knows what to do? Any indication how or when they are going to solve this?

snaka99
24th Aug 2013, 12:05
I'm trying to log into my Square-Enix account on FF14, but it keeps saying that a Country of Residence is not registered for this account. I loaded US into my profile on the computer. Is anyone else getting this too, or am I just doing something wrong?

snaka99
24th Aug 2013, 12:11
Never mind, found my answer here: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=5117&highlight=country+residence

WonderFooL
24th Aug 2013, 16:36
Hi,

I have redeemed a EU copy on FF14: ARR product code into my US account & now there's a error saying I need to log on with an account of the same region. So is there any solution for this issue or do I have to purchase another copy of the game?

genmaruakiha
24th Aug 2013, 16:46
"We've fixed the codes so that those experiencing errors will be able to redeem them again. NA pre-order website: http://sqex.to/9UI "
source : https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN

WonderFooL
24th Aug 2013, 17:07
Hmm I think I didn't make myself clear, what I meant was I have a physical purchased copy of EU region FF14:ARR & I have already register this physical copy redemption code on my US SE account.

I have also redeemed the early access code onto my EU PSN account but now I can't log on due to the region issue for registering the product code on the wrong region account.

I had already tried redeeming the product code again on a newly created EUR SE account but I could get through.

So any solution or do I have to contact SE help desk?

kirai07
24th Aug 2013, 17:32
Hmm I think I didn't make myself clear, what I meant was I have a physical purchased copy of EU region FF14:ARR & I have already register this physical copy redemption code on my US SE account.

I have also redeemed the early access code onto my EU PSN account but now I can't log on due to the region issue for registering the product code on the wrong region account.

I had already tried redeeming the product code again on a newly created EUR SE account but I could get through.

I am actually in the same situation with you, I registered my (EU)copy to my US account but was unable to key in my EA code.
I then tried the EA code on a newly created EU account which it worked(somehow).

Funny thing is, I am logged into the game now, playing. But when I log in to my EU SE account, the game FFxiv is not in the list of games I own.
Where for my US SE account, I have FFxiv but not with a EA.

US account - Registered. no EA. Cant log in game.

EU account - Unregistered. Have EA. Can log in game.

W0nderF00L
24th Aug 2013, 22:46
What I am talking about here is the product code itself, not the code given for EARLY ACCESS.

The product registration card that comes with the physical is the one I am talking about which is pretty much the same thing you need to use to gain EA code.

O man someone please help!!!

W0nderF00L
24th Aug 2013, 22:56
I have a physical purchased copy of EU region FF14:ARR & I have already register this physical copy redemption code on my US SE account & I also redeemed the early access code & used on my EU PSN account but now I can't log on due to the region issue for registering the product code on the wrong region account.

so when I tries to log on to the game, it keeps saying something like I am using a different SE region account to log on to another region FF14:ARR server. I had already tried redeeming the product code again on a newly created EUR SE account & also tired to redeem another EA code but I could get through due to the product key has been used.

lmfc706
28th Aug 2013, 00:20
Just a thought but with all the server issues in North America im forced to play on a European server. Which doesn't bother me to much i get to play at least, but i have a suggestion to help quell some the anger of people SE should offer say 3 Transfers for free to players. This way while your working issues out on the North American servers we can progress in the game knowing we can then transfer or toons over.Otherwise while playing in Europe can be OK it ends up being a waste of time.

peppino882
28th Aug 2013, 03:37
Total disappointment at the failure location of the game in Italian.
server always busy and you can not connect.
if I have to pay a subscription fee in the future for this game, I'd rather return it back as used.

Ciscoloco86
30th Aug 2013, 05:04
Hey there...

I'm having a bit of an issue with FFXIV and my registered country of residence. I already put in a trouble ticket with Square Enix Tech Support, but I would like a second opinion even before I get their reply.
Here's the deal. I bought a copy of FFXIV, installed it and upon being prompted to register my country of residence, I did so. My current country of residence is the Federal Republic of Germany. You see, I am a solider in the United States Army and am stationed here in Schweinfurt. I was being totally honest when I said that it was my country of residence, because it is. When I tried to log back in, the game tells me I am in the wrong region and that I could not play. It was not until I searched up that error message that I found a URL leading to Square Enix's help page stating that one could not change their country of residence after having it registered...what gives? Upon accessing the page to register, this warning was nowhere to be seen. So the way I translated this whole affair was that I inadvertently screwed myself out of a Square Enix account, because now I have a choice of not playing a copy of FFXIV that I paid for, or delete my account (that I registered games with) and make a new account along with a new email address to register the game under, which seems to me a little much for an honest mistake.

Many American companies (or American branches of foreign companies) have made leaps and bounds when it comes to making sure their overseas military customers are well taken care of, but I have still run into things like this every now and then where it seems we were not considered when a decision was made. Although all of this would have easily been avoided if I had registered the United States, I had no way of knowing the change was permanent. I'm almost positive that I could not have been the only overseas soldier to have fallen victim to this, so there should at least be a way to change your country of residence by proving your overseas military affiliation (i.e. orders and ID). Anyway, did I really screw the pooch on this one?

Dowhatyouwant
30th Aug 2013, 14:47
I recently purchase this game online through a European based company. Until I received the product I didn't realize that the key code they sent me was a European key code. Now, the site is refusing to refund my money. In order for me to play I will have to create a European Square Enix account. But my question is, if I do would I be able to play on American servers? The main reason I got this game(besides the great reviews) was to play with my friends.

tl;dr Can I play on American servers with a European keycode/European account

andy105
31st Aug 2013, 00:28
im new to mmo's I was wondering whats the difference between a Europe server and a NA server? is there advantages to chose the server from where u belong? or are they the same other than the ppl playing in them?

Rancyz
31st Aug 2013, 01:15
Latency.

Paleoak
31st Aug 2013, 01:22
NA stands for North American, EU stands for European. The difference is ultimately how well you will connect to the server. If you are located in North America, it is recommended that you choose one of the NA servers, and the same goes if you're located in Europe. Hope this helps!

redjarman
31st Aug 2013, 21:48
My launcher decided that my early access code was over, so it forced me to restart the redemption process. Ok, I've seen that this happened to many people so no biggie. I went onto findmyorder.com and got hte new preoder code. Entered it just fine and got my new redemption code. Went to the launcher and entered it and got this error: http://puu.sh/4fQbP.png
YOU GAVE ME A EUROPEAN CODE HOW DO YOU EVEN MESS THAT UP
So now I'm stuck again. How can I fix this now besides waiting for 2 hours in chat assistance only to get ignored in the end?

Kastrune
1st Sep 2013, 04:25
Who's idea was it to specify a region in the code, when we can access any server once logged in?
I got a NA beta Key for both my PC and PS3, no problems, I come to the conclusion hey this game isn't too bad, and decide Pre-order it from Square themselves. It turns out they use Digital River, that was the 18th, and they charged me appropriately and I get my early access code, which is also NA, and I continue playing, the downtime, errors, and difficulties are minor and I am willing to put up with it.

Today I go to log into my account, and it says I need to register, after finding my Un-lock code, I go and redeem it, and behold they give me an EU code, I can't add it to my account, and I can't play, which is OK because the servers are down. Wrong Region, FFS.

Then as I am doing my banking, Digital River charged me AGAIN today for the same game I bought on the 18th, I call my bank to find out about the charge, and they verify that Digital River Charged me again. I call Digital River and they out right Deny charging me again, I am logged into my account, I can see both charges. Now I have to go through my Bank to have them do a Fraud investigation against Digital River.

I created a support ticket about this with Square-Enix, and they close it without even looking at it, and send me a Survey - Really???

I have created another support ticket, obviously, but now I have to wait another 48 hours for you to close it again with out looking at it again??

Square-Enix I love your company, and I understand there will be some bumps, but what is up with all the red tape, region code locks and general lack of customer service? I don't want to ask for a refund, and I am willing to wait out the pains of rolling out a new service, all I ask is that you give us the Customer Service that we deserve.

DeathLotus
1st Sep 2013, 21:56
Since North America is left in the dust as far as purchasing pre-paid game time cards. Can we use European time cards to get the 60 day Veteran Rewards? Currently you can only get the Veteran Rewards IF you purchase time cards. People who Subscribe will get the Veteran Rewards AFTER the 30 day free trial.

Humpsy
2nd Sep 2013, 00:37
Nope... I'm EU and purchased an NA time card, it didn't work... I gave it to a friend who has an NA account and it worked. I personally used two 60 day time cards for EU myself and they worked :D

Tristen620
5th Sep 2013, 14:21
I am in the same damn boat, I'm in the USA and my cd-key is for EU, I've been waiting since Friday and received no message back, I even made it through a 2 hour live chat queue only to get "no rep available, chat cancelled" ....

Tristen620
5th Sep 2013, 14:25
SAME, i've been waiting since friday and still no response, i'm so pissed that my code is EU and not NA, only difference is though, I havent even been able to install, it came on the BOX!

angelslayers
5th Sep 2013, 17:16
i have the exact same problem still waiting sent them an email last friday and havent heard anything yet from them

xOnyxius
9th Sep 2013, 22:51
I'm not sure, I have the exact same problem. I have no problem creating an EU account if I can play on the same NA servers as my friends. Or if someone that has an NA code and wants to trade for EU code.

AsterBoy
10th Sep 2013, 06:23
I enter the serial code to the jp account. However, I am playing with na account in game. I would like to change the serial code to na account from jp account. What should Ido?

Hippy_Pickle
10th Sep 2013, 08:59
I take it this is regarding FFXIV? As long as you have a valid registered account you can play on any server. I'm in the UK and have a character on a EU server and a JP server but could easily create another toon on a NA server.

DokiVio
14th Sep 2013, 05:00
Hello forum,

I pre-ordered the game a while back and received a code which doesn't work because "You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account. ". I tried to contact customer services, which send me a mail saying that they'll responding in 2 business days which is a complete lie. After sending multiple tickets I came to the conclusion that I got ripped off, not only did I buy the game at a high cost, but I am unable to play ever since the release of the game. #Sad-life #Sad-game #Sad-CustomerServices :/

Has anyone got the same problem as me? Is there any way to solve my current problem? Hopefully I will be able to play this game that I bought :P.

Vinh

Coolyan
15th Sep 2013, 08:06
Same here....... still waiting..........

Grayzson
17th Sep 2013, 10:27
Hey man i have the same problem but in reverse. Will this trade work?

Phain1976
17th Sep 2013, 17:08
I live in the US and selected the US and I still get that error when trying to login to the game on PS3. I have seen a few others getting it as well. It may not have anything to do with your location at all.

Pineapplefox
23rd Sep 2013, 17:30
I just bought Final Fantasy XIV (digital copy for PC) from SE.
Already been a frustrating morning trying to figure out the stupid one time password junk.
Now it says my code is inapplicable and from the wrong region. I need NA and I guess I have EU.
What do I do?

Hippy_Pickle2
24th Sep 2013, 07:44
If you've been issued with the wrong regional code then you'll have to contact customer services.

Chivv89
30th Sep 2013, 07:27
Did you ever get this fixed??
i have the same issue!!

TheRealKraggy
30th Sep 2013, 07:56
Already been a frustrating morning trying to figure out the stupid one time password junk.
What 'junk'? What about this explanation SE provide in the "what is a one-time password" link on the SE Account login page ( http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/otp/ ) didn't you understand?

"One-Time Password" describes a six-digit number shown on a screen using either a key-ring like Security Token or a smartphone application known as a Software Token.
One-Time Passwords are only effective for a fixed period of time and become invalid once the user logs in, making them exceptionally useful against spyware such as key logging programs.
By using a One-Time Password in combination with your Square Enix ID and password, you will be able to further secure your account.
Please refer to the "What is a Security Token?" and "What is the Software Token?" below for instructions on how to start using the One-Time Password system.

Hyakko
2nd Oct 2013, 12:58
Hi.

So I've started considering buying ARR.
I'm a swede living in Japan but my japanese is still pretty basic. I tried going to the english SE storeto buy the game but it said that i was "outside of the serviced countries" and no other possible site has any stock of the game left...

So now I'm wondering if buying from the japanese store will give me a japanese-only version and if it even will work on my european computer, and if it's possible to change the language.
I read elsewhere that physical japanese games often requires you to have a japanese windows for them to work. If that is wrong though, i can buy a physical copy. I am unsure how that would turn out though so if anyone has some info on these kinds of things, it would be appreciated.

Also, i was wondering if in case getting a european copy is the only way, could i still play on japanese servers?

Hippy_Pickle2
2nd Oct 2013, 13:03
Regardless of version or physical location you can play on any server. Not sure on installations of Japanese software on non Japanese windows but just get yourself a European copy of the game but just make sure your SE account ID is also European and remember that for any expansions you'll have to get same region as original copy.

finale781
5th Oct 2013, 13:24
No he most likely did not get this solved.

Why, you ask?

Well thats because Square Enix does not provide ANY feedback on tickets logged. I have had this EXACT same problem since the 22 of September(The day i purchased the online copy from SE).

I have logged 3 tickets on this issue since that day and have not even received a email with something as simple as, "Thank you for logging your issue, we will be looking into this problem an keep you updated."

Square Enix has got the WORST support service i have EVER SEEN. I myself work in a support centre and i cannot see how they have let tickets gone unanswered for 3 WEEKS!

Not to mention that when trying to get onto the technical support forum (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/63395-Welcome-to-Technical-Support-Forum!) you CANNOT EVEN REGISTER A SERVICE ACCOUNT. WTF IS THAT. "Due to maintance" which has been going on for 3 weeks as well.

goofyco
19th Dec 2013, 06:10
Hi guys, planning on joining the game, however I would like to play on the NA server while I'm in Japan.
What is the method to doing so?
Can I buy a copy from Japan and then play on the NA server? Can someone give me a detailed response?
Like do I buy a copy in Japan and then register in the Japanese website, or can I register a japanese code on the na square enix website?
Also is there an IP block?
If I successfully register it, is there a choice of region when I start up the client?

Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks!

GreenGentleman
20th Feb 2014, 12:45
Hi Guys,

I really want to play this game. The problem is Then only have Japan, EU or NA as an option. I downloaded the Beta release of FFXIV on my PS4 and want to play it there.

Question:
1.) How can I play the game if I'm at the Philippines?
2.) Can I use the address of a friend in US but I'll be here playing?
3.) How can I purchase Crysta? Because that's what I'm going to use as my mode of payment.

Sorry for asking a lot I just want to play this game so bad just like most of us here.
Thanks in advance :)

GreenGentleman
20th Feb 2014, 17:47
Hi Guys,

I really want to play this game. The problem is Then only have Japan, EU or NA as an option. I downloaded the Beta release of FFXIV on my PS4 and want to play it there.

Question:
1.) How can I play the game if I'm at the Philippines?
2.) Can I use the address of a friend in US but I'll be here playing?
3.) How can I purchase Crysta? Because that's what I'm going to use as my mode of payment.

Sorry for asking a lot I just want to play this game so bad just like most of us here.
Thanks in advance

SniCopX
20th Feb 2014, 18:10
Hi guys how are you ") ? Hope doin :thumb:

I bought FF XIV from steam and when I want to redeem the code it says something like "this code isn't for this region":mad: < I don't remember what was wrote there.
but I'm sure that my region is NA

any one can help me :( I'm so exciting to play this game :D and sry for bad English =-="

Hippy_Pickle
24th Feb 2014, 11:28
As per my reply further up this thread, regardless of your location you can play on any server. When the PS4 version gets merged with the existing servers you just select which one you want. So if you want to join a friend who is already playing an a specific server you just create your toon on that server.

Tystat
24th Feb 2014, 17:36
HUGE notice on the Steam Store page;

Notice: Includes 30 days of free game time for all newly created service accounts.
Monthly subscription required to play.
The PAL version of FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™ will require a European & other Regions Square Enix Account to play.

In other words; the Steam version only works for Square Enix's EU region.

dr_eli
28th Feb 2014, 03:54
So i brought two of my friends in Canada FF XIV (im from Aus) a copy each but they cant play it because of region coding can any one help me or did i just blow a ton of cash on a useless copy? :(

Hippy_Pickle
28th Feb 2014, 12:26
Hi Dr_eli,

Could you provide a little more information for your issue. Are these PC or PS3 versions? Physical or digital? Generally all you need is a Square-Enix ID setup for the same region as the games region and it should work. So for example if it was a UK copy of the game then the SE ID account must have the UK set as it's home region for it to work, this way you could play regardless to your actual location.