PDA

View Full Version : Do you think a Gamecube version should be made??

fneh
11th May 2003, 11:55
It looks unlikely we'll see a GC version of what is possibly going to be the best game EVER. Who here thinks a GC version should be developed even if it's released a month or so later than the other versions (perhaps released with the PC version?)

Embla
11th May 2003, 12:05
It would nice with a GameCube version aswell, so I voted yes.

Umah Bloodomen
11th May 2003, 15:18
It depends on how popular BO2 was for the console. If it didn't make much of a profit, then that implies there's not really an audience for the LOK series on it, therefore I wouldn't waste the time.

I am sure that a decision will be made later on (much like BO2 was) depending on how popular the game is for the other platforms and perhaps the interest in porting it to the GC as well.

fneh
11th May 2003, 15:44
Bo2 didn't sell much better on the other 2 consoles though. especially the xbox. The gamecube version was released how many months after the other versions? It mkes sense that nintendo owners wouldn't buy BO2 when it had already been out 6 months earlier on all other formats. The main reason GC is getting bad 3rd part sales is because of this. the ports shouln't be so late behind. I mean look at res evil 2, 3! they're years late!!!!:D

N0V4
11th May 2003, 17:32
Even though I hate nintendo and everything that has somethig to do with it.

I think that a GC version should be made....don't leave any fans out.
But if you have to TRANSLATE the GC version...I say no

Matthew
11th May 2003, 20:35
I agree with Umah.

As I recall BO2 wasn't a huge success on the NGC.

The decision over LOK-D for the NGC shall be made later, according to the popularity on the other consoles.
If they're popular and people would like to buy LOK-D for their NGC then they'll do it.

Heh, You can even make a petition of somekind if You wanna, and if it's successful then send it to CD.

That's all I can say.

- Matthew

blincoln
11th May 2003, 20:44
Blood Omen 2 actually sold pretty well on the PS2 and XBox - over 500,000 copies. OTOH, the Gamecube version was marked down to $19.99 a month or two after release, which implies to me it didn't sell well on that platform.

I like the Gamecube a lot (especially the controller and the small discs), but it doesn't seem to be doing too well.

fneh
11th May 2003, 22:06
Yeah. I agree about that. The controller for the gamecube is pretty amazing for any non beatem up game and the discs are really cool. Maybe this game won't fit on a single GC disc? That could be the reason. To make a 2 disc version for 1 console would be costly. (but then the PC versions are always on CD :mad: )

T-C
11th May 2003, 23:55
The discs of the GameCube can hold more than the discs for the PlayStation2...excluding DVDs(GC: 1.5gig-PS2: .65gig). :D

I believe that they should release LoK: D for the GameCube. I am a GameCube owner myself, and am pretty bored with the lack of good games that are (or aren't...whichever is grammaticly correct) coming out for the system (the only good ones so far being Zelda: Wind Waker, Metriod Prime, and NBA Sreet Vol.2).

Besides, all the PS2 owners get all the fun anyways. No love for the GC.

blincoln
11th May 2003, 23:59
The only PS2 game I have which is on a CD is Silpheed. Everything else is on DVD =).

Apparently there were some challenges fitting BO2 onto a Gamecube disc. They had to reduce the size of the textures or something.

I doubt that there would be a 2-disc version of the game for any system - with a PC you combine them into one game before you play it, but that's not the case with a console. IMO it would require a reworking of the game structure, which I think is incredibly unlikely.

Like I said, I like the Gamecube a lot, but I really wouldn't hold my breath about Defiance (or anything else on the Eidos label) being released for it. The Eidos online doesn't even have a section for that platform.

BTW, T-C - if you haven't tried them already, I'd definitely give Eternal Darkness and Dead to Rights a look.

T-C
12th May 2003, 00:19
Originally posted by blincoln
The only PS2 game I have which is on a CD is Silpheed. Everything else is on DVD =).

Apparently there were some challenges fitting BO2 onto a Gamecube disc. They had to reduce the size of the textures or something.

You got me there :p.

They truely had to do that to BO2? I've never heard of that...hmm. It would be nice for those NINTENDO ONLY freaks to get a taste of some Legacy of Kain, however if Eidos or CD will loose any money because of the port to the GC, it would be best not to do it, of course.

I have heard of both of those games blinc, and am actually interested in both (Eternal Darkness more). I have just barely had time recently to try to even rent any new titles (besides Zelda of course...because Zelda is just God.)

Evelin The Winged
12th May 2003, 18:03
Alright, in the past (if some of you ever bothered to read-I don't give a **** about that anymore anyway)I used to say "dead to Xbox!" And you know what??? I'm actually saving up money for one so I can get Defiance! Talk about irony...I really hated that console!

Anyone know how to get rich quick?

Lady Kreliana
12th May 2003, 18:09
Gamble. :D

fneh
14th May 2003, 20:51
I always used to say that the only way I'd get an xbox if they put SR3 on it. I was SURE it was exclusive to sony and now look! looks like I'll be getting an Xbox. I'd be tempted to trade in my gamecube for one but the MGS remake is making me keep it. Looks like I'm gonna have to own all 3 consoles! (and I really don't want to to tell the truth. I feel somewhat sad for owning 2 let alone all 3)

fneh
14th May 2003, 20:53
I feel sorry for the guy that ticked the "I only have a gamecube" option. Looks like there'll be another one of us buying an xbox (or maybe a PS2, afterall you need SR2)

Omega
15th May 2003, 00:28
... but the MGS remake is making me keep it.

If I get a GC - that'd be why.

I think the problem with the GC is that everyone reminds themselves it's made by Nintendo, and when people think that - they think Mario and Luigi.

Well, I do at least.

Someone said it before, that the GC lacks good adult games that are 'hot off the press' so to speak...

And CD better do a CD version! I've got a mate hooked on BO2 and he's peeved off that Defiance might not come to GC...

fneh
15th May 2003, 10:48
What you said omega.

I personally can't stand the cute cuddly world of nintendo characters. I only got the GC for res evil (which is fantastic BTW) and the final fantasy CC (which doesn't look that good now seeing it's lkooking all nintendoy)....So obviously the news of twin snakes was the only thing that made me decide not to trade it in for an Xbox. Still tempted tho. It's £30 to trade it in for an xbox at game........TOO MUCH PRESSURE!"!!!!

boriken48
15th May 2003, 14:58
I will buy my copy even if I have to wait 6 months for it.

NoobSaibot
21st May 2003, 02:35
The GameCube doesn't deserve a game of this magnitude, my only decision will be Box or PS2.

fneh
24th May 2003, 11:31
so microsoft deserves the game but nintendo doesn't? I'd much rather put my trust in nintendo than microsoft. At least Nintendo are good to European gamers (60hz options anyone?) unlike sony sitting knowing the games will sell anyway.

Does microsoft always include 60hz options on their games like nintendo do?

Also, if defiance has a 60hz option on one console would it have to be on the others?

blincoln
25th May 2003, 07:31
I'm confused about your whole 60hz thing, fneh. Since you keep mentioning it, I'm going to ask - don't PAL TVs operate at 50hz? Why do you want 60?

Secrets Of Nosgoth
25th May 2003, 07:40
GameCube is a good system. It is better than the PS2 if you ask me. Though it just doesn't have the games. That will change though once Metal Gear Solid TwinSnakes comes out. I plan on buying it for that game alone. I'd also get a few others but that is the main one.

I think it "deserves" this game. Though they would probably have to make the videos smaller by reducing resolution or some sort of compression. The LoK games recently have had lots of cutscenes and I think those take up lots of space.

blincoln
25th May 2003, 08:43
Cinematics only take up a lot of space if they're in video format. The SR2 and BO2 cinematics are all done using the game engine, so they don't take up very much space at all. Since the original MGS was done the same way, I assume this one will be too.

I also like the Gamecube a lot. Its library is superior to the XBox, although the PS2 is still my favourite.

fneh
25th May 2003, 10:35
Originally posted by blincoln
I'm confused about your whole 60hz thing, fneh. Since you keep mentioning it, I'm going to ask - don't PAL TVs operate at 50hz? Why do you want 60?

PAl TVs operate at both nowadays. a PAL TV basically has 100 more lines on the display (giving higher resolution). because the games aren't programmed in PAL originally then those lines are missing right? because of this all the picture is squashed into the middle of the scren and it looks like it's in widescreen. Needless to say the aspect ratio of the screen is now different so people often look shorter and fatter than they should be. (final fantasy games are the worst for this) The games also run 17.7% slower than the USa versions you get so on something where speed matters (EG a tekken game) it's very frustrating.
CD seem to fill in the extra lines for us with isn't too bad but I still think the games more slower and are less responsive because of this.

Nintendo ALWAYS enable this option on the gamecube games which makes me that bit happier owning their console as well as sonys.

I hope this ecplains it OK. I'll answer any questions I can regarding this for you if I can

blincoln
25th May 2003, 11:05
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for clueing me in =).

NoobSaibot
25th May 2003, 16:35
Makes me glad I live in the States so I don't have this PAL problem that your tvs apparently have. But my stanse on this subject remains firm. Eccept for the remade resident evil series, I just don't find to much use for the gamecube and its (my oppionion) terrible controler.

PS2 is the king. It has allot of good games 'Soul Reaver 2' and is the only home system that plays its own old games. My secondary choice was actually Dreamcast, but i'm not going into that right now. X-box is easally the most powerfull of all four. Just look at most cross platform games. They easaly look better on the box. for example Need For Speed:HP2 or Enter the Matrix. And of coure the ultimate FPS HALO.

(side knote-I realize I made a coment about the gamecube controller, and yes the x-box original one was worse. I use the controller S now which is almost as good as the PS2's)

fneh
25th May 2003, 19:52
I actually love the gamecube controller. It's awful for beat em ups but then the Ps2 has the best beatem ups anyway.

The res evil remake really is worth buying the console for. it's one of the most amazing games ever. (I got my gamecube for £78 with resident evil on offer a few months ago so even though I only bought the console for res evil and MGS twin snakes I got a pretty good deal)

unimatrix2612
31st Oct 2003, 12:22
Hiya all. I'm new here . . . sort of. I've been reading this forum for a while now, but this is my first post.

I don't have a GCN myself, but I do have a friend who is completely obsessed with all things to do with the Game Cube. I should see if I can convert him into a LoK fan!:D
It would be unfair to exclude any LoK fans who have a Game Cube and don't want to (or can't afford to) buy a new console.

fneh
31st Oct 2003, 12:58
unfortunately it's not gonna happen.Eidos declared that they're not releasing anything on GC anymore. It's a shame because everyone complains about GC sales compared ot the other consoles but what can they expect when they release the GC version 6 months later?

A lot of GC owners only seem to trust nintendo anyway. I've noticed that anyone that has only a GC only seems to enjoy nintendo games anyway. Most GC owners that would buy defiance will have another console in most likliness anyway. My GC is gathering dust. I only have one game for it and I'm not in a rush to buy anymore anytime soon. While there's lots of great games on the console, I'm too old to spend all my money on games. I have bills to pay, so the only games I buy are ones I HAVE to have (on release day too)

I thought this thread had vanished into the abyss long ago....

Darkmaiden
31st Oct 2003, 17:34
Hello I just wanted to say I do feel sorry for thoses who only have GC and not the other consoles even if you can play the game on the PC, but don't know when that will be released yet. I do not own a GC mostly I play PS2 plus I am getting a Xbox for christmas so sorry for the GC. For one thing this is why GC has not sell because some game makers prefer the other systems because of game marketing I would know I work in a store and some items do not sell if it is not a popular choice. That is why GC is selling at a cheaper price for more people to buy, but I don't think it is working. I have a friend who has one and I always ask him if he got any new games yet. He said there have not been any good games for GC. Most of them I've seen is with Mario and maybe a good game is Soul Calibur2 with Link in it that is all. Some of the games are more kid based or teen I haven't seen a mature game of any Nintendo products. I used to play Nintendo the original and the super one. And maybe the Nintendo 64 when my cousin got it. Most of the games are too cutesie for me like EX: Mario, Mario ,Mario , and MORE Mario. Well this is all I have to say about the GC.

Johnny_anoniem
31st Oct 2003, 18:47
Originally posted by fneh
PAl TVs operate at both nowadays. a PAL TV basically has 100 more lines on the display (giving higher resolution). because the games aren't programmed in PAL originally then those lines are missing right? because of this all the picture is squashed into the middle of the scren and it looks like it's in widescreen. Needless to say the aspect ratio of the screen is now different so people often look shorter and fatter than they should be. (final fantasy games are the worst for this) The games also run 17.7% slower than the USa versions you get so on something where speed matters (EG a tekken game) it's very frustrating.
CD seem to fill in the extra lines for us with isn't too bad but I still think the games more slower and are less responsive because of this.

Nintendo ALWAYS enable this option on the gamecube games which makes me that bit happier owning their console as well as sonys.

I hope this ecplains it OK. I'll answer any questions I can regarding this for you if I can

I'm sorry if I'm ruining your Xbox bashing fun ;), but the Xbox has an option in it's settings menu for pal-60 on (atleast my Dutch Xbox does) ... so this just throws away you theory ;).. well atleast your theory that Nintendo is more kind to us European gamers than Microsoft is.. though I don't agree anyone of them is kind to us, because after all they both serve the same purpose: Making as much money as possible, but while they're at it.. they're giving us some fun :).

As concerned to the GC... It would be nice for the GC owners, but if it created too much problems for CD, it wouldn't be necessary for me :).

Omega
1st Nov 2003, 01:00
Re-reading this thread, I just clocked on to something...

Don't GameCube's use normal DVDs?

Or is this Nintendo trying to original again?

I seem to recall something similar about the N64. Everyone of the compitition (Sony and their Playstation, Sega and their Dreamcast etc) all switched to CD format, allowing better graphics and just better games, where as Nintendo stuck with cateridge games...

Stephenls
1st Nov 2003, 02:21
Originally posted by Omega
Re-reading this thread, I just clocked on to something...

Don't GameCube's use normal DVDs?

Or is this Nintendo trying to original again?

I seem to recall something similar about the N64. Everyone of the compitition (Sony and their Playstation, Sega and their Dreamcast etc) all switched to CD format, allowing better graphics and just better games, where as Nintendo stuck with cateridge games...

Yeah. GameCubes use minidisc-type-thingies. It discourages piracy. And incidentally makes it a bugger to manufacture their games, and leaves 'em with less space than everyone else.

Nintendo has a thing for proprietary storage formats. Hopefully the... financial problems... they've experienced with the GameCube will have taught them the necessary lesson this time, and their next system will use proper DVDs.

KainPainter
1st Nov 2003, 21:39
I got it right here! <holding up the Dreamcast and Gamecube versions>

I'll go send these to production right now! <running down hall>

<trips> 'Doh!

<Snaps DC and GC versions in half upon landing> Oh damn.. well then.. like I said.. only the Xbox and Playstation versions ever existed.. <sweeping it under the mat with the SR2 DC version>

<whisper> Don't tell Chris!

blincoln
1st Nov 2003, 23:59
Where is this mat, that I may retrieve the unfinished DC version of SR2 for my collection? Does it have the Saturn version of Blood Omen underneath it as well? =)

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Nov 2003, 00:02
Originally posted by KainPainter
<whisper> Don't tell Chris!

Alright, but it will cost you. ;)

warpsavant
2nd Nov 2003, 00:49
Yeah, I want a Gamecast version or Im tellin. Im gonna tell Ben what you said about his beer, too. Cant wait to see the Dreamcube version.

blincoln
2nd Nov 2003, 01:44
Uh oh Dan, it might cost you a Playstation dev station loaded with the deleted areas from SR1 to get you out of this one :p.

Demon_82
2nd Nov 2003, 20:09
Ok... I'm not an expert but I'll try to explain myself. USA uses NSTC TVs, and Europe uses PAL TVs except for France with his SECAM TVs. The big diference between NTSC and PAL/SECAM is the color handling, NTSC codes image by CMYK (Cian, Magenta, Yellow, blacK) and PAL/SECAM in RGB (Red, Green, Blue). Usually the worst problem is that NTSC gets a litle more blurry image when his video is "recoded" to PAL/SECAM systems but nothing more (at least VHS videos, games usually don't have this trouble).

The 50/60Hz thing is the refresh rate of the image on the TV screen, usually it is the same as the electric lines frequency (50Hz in Spain for electric lines and TV refresh) and is not related to the image system. The matter is that if you uses a 60Hz config on a TV at 50Hz you'll be loosing images, and if you do the contrary you'll be having some blank lines in the screen scanning because of having 50 images for 60 spaces.

And about the number of lines in screen... I only remember that PAL has 625 horizontal lines.

And now think about the compatibility problem because I've lost myself when writing this :confused:

Nelo
2nd Nov 2003, 23:12
That explains why the Uk site is off color to me, sinc ei an in the usa.

Raziel hair looks purple in stead of blue like in the Us sight.

Detheavn
9th Dec 2003, 18:55
Originally posted by Demon_82
Ok... I'm not an expert but I'll try to explain myself. USA uses NSTC TVs, and Europe uses PAL TVs except for France with his SECAM TVs. The big diference between NTSC and PAL/SECAM is the color handling, NTSC codes image by CMYK (Cian, Magenta, Yellow, blacK) and PAL/SECAM in RGB (Red, Green, Blue). Usually the worst problem is that NTSC gets a litle more blurry image when his video is "recoded" to PAL/SECAM systems but nothing more (at least VHS videos, games usually don't have this trouble).Well, I'd hate to burst your little bubble here, but it is physically IMPOSSIBLE for a TV, in whichever shape way or form, to display colors in a CYMK color scheme. CYMK is used for printed media, meaning newspapers, computer magazines, toilet paper and the like ... Paint and Ink are also made through the mixing of CYMK colors. Your NTSC uses the RGB scheme, just like every other thing that uses light as a source to mix colors. In this scheme, green and red mix to get yellow, and all three colors combined is white. The thing you might be confusing yourself with is that TV's can accept input by RGB, Composite or Chroma/Luminance, but that has nothing to do with NTSC since PAL uses all of them as well. It's the way your TV handles the signal which is different. It is however true that PAL and NTSC have different color pallettes, but it's not really a comparable difference anymore.

The 50/60Hz thing is the refresh rate of the image on the TV screen, usually it is the same as the electric lines frequency (50Hz in Spain for electric lines and TV refresh) and is not related to the image system. The matter is that if you uses a 60Hz config on a TV at 50Hz you'll be loosing images, and if you do the contrary you'll be having some blank lines in the screen scanning because of having 50 images for 60 spaces.

And about the number of lines in screen... I only remember that PAL has 625 horizontal lines.

And now think about the compatibility problem because I've lost myself when writing this :confused: [/B]The compatability issue [which is practically nonexistant nowadays, since most PAL TV's can blindly feed on your NTSC signal] is that converted software which is designed for PAL output has to output an adittional 100 lines [625 instead of 525 compared to NTSC] which just costs the machine some more power, causing in a slowdown which can take from 17% up to 20% compared to NTSC.

A lot of PAL users have complained because of the black borders saying:'why not fill 'em up with what's in the game instead of just leaving them black' and lately a lot of developers made use of that, which also is one of the causes why PAL games have later release dates.

Since most PAL TV's now accept NTSC [or 60Hz as you want to call it], I even wonder why they bother with filling up the screen. There is close to no household who has a TV older than 10 years, hell, my TV is 10 years old and still LOVES to accept NTSC. So just release everything in 60Hz and get it over with ;)

W. Raider
9th Dec 2003, 22:07
I think the issue here may be that GC owners don't have access to SR1 or 2. BO2 is a game unto itself but if GC owners (and I'm one as well although I refuse to let an Xbox or anything M$ near me) were to get a port of Defiance they'd be somewhat lost.

Although some of the backstory and history of it all is explained there's little emotional attachment to the characters that can be garnered from one game. So I think it's a basic problem of familiarity with the story that would detract from Defiance-only players. If it came with some wiggy extra disc explaining the history of Nosgoth replete with videos and cutscenes and reams of text to read I'd be all over that shizzzle.

It would be a bit like playing .hack part 3 and only that game.

And I think the controller is a little wonky on the GC so I use an adapter so I can use my PS2's controller on it.

Detheavn
9th Dec 2003, 22:31
Originally posted by W. Raider
I think the issue here may be that GC owners don't have access to SR1 or 2. BO2 is a game unto itself but if GC owners (and I'm one as well although I refuse to let an Xbox or anything M$ near me) were to get a port of Defiance they'd be somewhat lost. This still doesn't explain why it's also being released on X-Box ... UNLESS, of course, this makes porting it to PC somewhat easier, killing 2 birds with one stone ... rock ... boulder ... whatever.

I'm probably going to buy an X-Box [still being loyal to my cube of course], so I might as well get it for that system, but the only reason I actually wanted an X-Box in the first place, is because of the other cool things you can do with it, aside from just playing games ... like turn it into a home theatre =)

W. Raider
9th Dec 2003, 22:48
You can easily hack them to run Linux, Windoze or an alternate special OS that allows you to um...hmm...yeah...do stuff with it's HD.

Unfortunately they also tend to be literally bulletproof.

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6084935.html

Personally, given it's druthers, I'd rather it took the bullet like a man instead of bouncing it around the room.

Detheavn
9th Dec 2003, 22:58
Unfortunately they also tend to be literally bulletproof. Do you have any idea how silly cops would look, wearing an x-box?

VoRaDoR
10th Dec 2003, 12:31
Should there be a Game Cube version of Legacy of Kain - Defiance? What is the difference between a Nintendo Fan and a Sony Fan? What is the difference between a Xbox fan and a PC fan? We all are gamers. I own Xbox and a top spec PC. I personally think along with the most that, Game Cube owners well deserve a version of Legacy of Kain - Defiance.

Detheavn
10th Dec 2003, 15:02
Originally posted by VoRaDoR
Should there be a Game Cube version of Legacy of Kain - Defiance? What is the difference between a Nintendo Fan and a Sony Fan? What is the difference between a Xbox fan and a PC fan? We all are gamers. I own Xbox and a top spec PC. I personally think along with the most that, Game Cube owners well deserve a version of Legacy of Kain - Defiance. I know what you mean. I think that people which say that the GC doesn't deserve LoK : D are either just plain dumb, or hate the big N more than they actually love the game.

W. Raider
10th Dec 2003, 15:17
I don't think it's a matter of deserving it or hating Nintendo. I'm wondering of there's enough backstory in Defiance to explain the events in it to those who havn't played SR1 and SR2 which aren't on the GC.

Saying someone doesn't deserve a game is like saying they don't deserve cheese. I'm not a big Nintendo fan but I do have a GC for the handful of excellent games on it.

Detheavn
10th Dec 2003, 15:24
I don't think it's a matter of deserving it or hating Nintendo. I'm wondering of there's enough backstory in Defiance to explain the events in it to those who havn't played SR1 and SR2 which aren't on the GC. This is also a BS reason, because, as I said earlier, the Xbox suffers the same illness. Soul Reaver 1, 2 and the original Blood Omen were also never released for that platform.

I'm not demanding an explanation here, because I'll probably just get it for the PC or Xbox [if I DO buy one], but still, there are a lot of people out there, willing to play the game, but lacking the financial means to buy a PC or another console.

I don't think that many people would shell out an additional 150 Euro's [around the same amount in dollars] to play a game.

Bobman32x
20th Dec 2003, 06:23
i know this threadstarted way back in may, but for the people posting it from the Oct+ dates.

back in July, Eidos followed sega sports and 3DO and cut all gamecube support. Hitman II was the last Eidos GC game.(i also know that 3DO eventually went bankrupt all together in september.)

personal i hate the gamecube...... well atleast everyone who works with it. I always argued about it before, but i do realize that, not that im going into the whole bashing thing, that Gamecube IS a Childs system, expecailly when compared to Xbox and PS2. Resident Evil might have shuteveryone up for about a month or so, but the "so called GC exlusive" to resident evil is dead. 4 will be the last GC RE, thn its going back to PS2. just look.

Nintendo THINKS tghey are ingenius, inventive, and going in a good direction. but they arent. Quote from EGM issue 171- An interview with miyamoto "We dont think that Online gaming is the "it" ight now, or is a current neccessity." HHmm. how come then nintendo recently made it's first Net-price drop, since it started as a card company back in the 30's? They think the GC-GBA connection thing will be revolutionary. its basicly a 97 version of a PDa, but non-portible. come on, requiring GBAs for FF:CC? i hope nitendo crashes and burns with the gamecube.

I hope they go 3rd party, as a FEW of there prime games would do exellent on PS2/Xbox. Metroid, Zelda (ONLY if we get the adult link, and not a whiney kid who say "ah, he he he when he talks to someone")Donkey, they would be good somewhere else, and FAR FAR away from Nintendo's idea's. The GBA is good though. ill give it that. its outsold the PS2 since day one,and they both WERE released the same year with only a 4 month differance.
though the new PSP may knock it out of comission, if sony doesnt make it 300 bucks a unit.

So, No. no LOK cube game. i think it would discrace the series to be put with such a horrible company. the controlls would feel really akward to on the cube controller. actually everything multiplatform feels horible on the cube controller, with its lack of a decent d-pad, a horrible button layout, and the piece of crap plastic called a Z trigger.hitting X and Y for the juggle attack and TK blasts would be so uncomfortible. as good as the L and R triggers are, for any action game, theyve always sucked. they are too soft and have to go too far in the controller to work.

Ken Cow!
20th Dec 2003, 06:54
Well I believe that Gamecubers deserve their own version of LoK:D, but it's probably too late to decide now.

BO2 was simply too little too late for Eidos.

For one, BO2 is (and most everyone here will agree with me) definitely the low point of the series. And it didn't arrive until much, much later than the PS2/XB/PC versions, so most people's interest had waned by then.

It's strange, Crystal Dynamics has abandoned the Gamecube, whereas Silicon Knights now develops exclusively for it!

I think CD and SK should team up again. Too bad their owners (Eidos and Nintendo, respectively) would never let that happen.