PDA

View Full Version : Multibrush questions

theBlackman
11th May 2003, 01:20
For all you pros out there.

1. How do you "save" a multi-brush and then bring it into a "new" screen or FM in progress?

2. How do you "Remove" a texture family once you have brought it up? (the entire family core)

3. How do you select a set number (group you have gathered) of textures. What I mean is: Assuming I have selected a handful of textures that I want to use to exclusion of all the rest.

Say I have a list: Cobble #22 Core fam 1, Wood # 33 Maw group, and so on. How do I "select" these and construct a "Palette" or bring them up so I can use them without "removing" individual textures from a group with the "REMOVE FROM" command?

4. I see the "Add individual texture" and menu but what do you put on the command line to add the selected/desired texture? "Core Family 1, # 66" or what?

Just a few to start. Thanks.

Apache
11th May 2003, 05:34
Originally posted by theBlackman
For all you pros out there.

1. How do you "save" a multi-brush and then bring it into a "new" screen or FM in progress?

2. How do you "Remove" a texture family once you have brought it up? (the entire family core)

3. How do you select a set number (group you have gathered) of textures. What I mean is: Assuming I have selected a handful of textures that I want to use to exclusion of all the rest.

Say I have a list: Cobble #22 Core fam 1, Wood # 33 Maw group, and so on. How do I "select" these and construct a "Palette" or bring them up so I can use them without "removing" individual textures from a group with the "REMOVE FROM" command?

4. I see the "Add individual texture" and menu but what do you put on the command line to add the selected/desired texture? "Core Family 1, # 66" or what?

Just a few to start. Thanks.

1. After you have all the brushes hilighted into a multibrush (either by shift+left clicking them or AreaBrush around them then MeOnly then Multibrush Me) Go to your toolbar/Multibrush
Click Save and type in a name you want to call it.
It will be saved as vbr file.
To import it..Have dromed open to a new file or FM you are all ready building. Goto Multibrush/Load
Go to the location of the vbr file and load it. It will import as a Multibrush. Hold Shift and left click it to drag the bursh where it's needed. Make sure to hilight check and snap afterwards to make it go to the grid.

2. I goto my Custom Menu and click on Remove Family from the Textures pull-down list. Type in the family name and it's gone.

3/4. ??
From what I understood of your question. YOu want to only have a certain texture loaded. Without loading the whole family and having to remove all the others you don't want right?
Again I use my Custom Menu
Textures pull-down / Load a Texure
type in the fam and texture name IE
core_1 hewn4
this gives you just that one stone texture. If you don't have a option in your pull down..you can tpye this in the command window.
'load_a_texture (fam) (texture)'
IE
load_a_texture core_1 hewn4
Hope this helps..
Also if you would like my custom Menu let me know.,.,Has a lot of nice add-ons to make building easier..

theBlackman
11th May 2003, 05:55
Thanks, in all the TUT's etc. How to remove a texture family seems to be ignored. Once you have brought one up you can't just cancel it and you end up with quarter inch thumbnails you can't read if you are looking at, or have looked at two or three texture families to find what you want.

I would love your Custom menu to use.

The rest, as to adding a texture, or selecting one: I had a suspicion that I needed to use a full name core_1 hewn4 but was not sure of the format.

The thought of eliminating 14 or 15 textures one at a time to get a working screen of specific texture(s) was driving me crazy.

Thanks again :D

amievil?
11th May 2003, 19:11
if you just want one texture from a family, and you have the custom menus all you have to do is go to the menu and click the texture. the texture you select you must put into the game and then when you compress family all that texture will remain. if you dont use it in game it wont stay after you compress. thats what i gather you're trying to do with textures....
you can get the custom dromed menus at dromed central i belive(unless its down again in which case try thief underground..?) the menus for textures helps so much, i built my fms for thief gold the old hard way and it sucks :)

Apache
15th May 2003, 04:32
Tips page is working now..not much there..just threw up a few links for some txt and zips that are usefull..