PDA

View Full Version : When is the actual release date of...

Raziel'sRevenge
9th May 2003, 18:13
Of Soul Reaver 1, Special Edition, and Soul reaver 3?

warpsavant
9th May 2003, 18:26
SRSE comes out in June!

SR3/ LOK:D comes out hopefully this Winter.

Chris@Crystal
9th May 2003, 18:28
Hey there,
SR1 Special Edition was just a hoax, although I have a mock up PS2 case, thanks to Blinc. The current estimated release time for LOK: Defiance is Winter 2003. Please understand this is ESTIMATED. This is art, in the form of a game, so no complaining if things change before then. :)
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

warpsavant
9th May 2003, 18:29
What!? What do you mean?!? I pre ordered SRSE!

N0V4
9th May 2003, 18:44
LOL.

Than my fellow, you got H04x0r4t3d

TheElderGodofNosgoth
9th May 2003, 18:57
LoK Games...........................Platform......Release Date
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain....PS..............10/31/96
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain....PC..............8/31/97
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver....PS..............7/31/99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver....PC..............8/31/99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver....Dreamcast...12/31/99
Soul Reaver 2.......................PS2............10/29/01
Soul Reaver 2.......................PC..............11/18/01
Blood Omen 2.......................XBox...........3/19/02
Blood Omen 2...................... PS2............3/19/02
Blood Omen 2.......................PC..............3/25/02
Blood Omen 2.......................GameCube...12/09/02
Legacy of Kain: Defiance........PS2............2003
Legacy of Kain: Defiance........XBox...........2003

ZeNeR
9th May 2003, 18:59
I agree with Chris. Games should be considered as a piece of art.
The best result in making of games will come, if the game makers really give depth and their all creativity for it. Just take your time and make it as good as you can do it and it will be a real masterpiece! According the images (and hype) I've seen about LoKD, I'm more than sure you will make a perfect gaming experience. ;)

So games shouldn't be done just for money. It surely spoils everything. :(

Gotta really say that I admire the job you guys are doing in CD. It has inspired me to start my own game project. Don't even dare ask anything about it! I'm very realistic about it. I've estimated to start working with it in 5 years and complete it 5 years. I really want it to be a masterpiece. :D

Umah Bloodomen
9th May 2003, 21:25
Originally posted by warpsavant
SRSE comes out in June!

SR3/ LOK:D comes out hopefully this Winter.

Silly Biscuit, tricks are for kids. :p

fneh
9th May 2003, 22:14
SRSE!!!!!! I wondered why you've been going on about a SR remake in all the other posts you made!!!! I thought you were just talking about it with the knowledge that it will never happen (like I do about a chrono trigger remake and final fantasy 7 remake)!

:D

Chris: I actually would rather wait 12 months for this game if that's what it takes for you all to do what you want (though I know that it's not the programmers call). the only thing that would annoy me about delaying the game is if release dates kept popping out and getting pushed back again like tomb raider is having at the moment. no one even cares about that game now because it's been delayed so many times. (and I seem to recall SR1 suffered from big delays in a similar way).

peace.

Raziel'sRevenge
12th May 2003, 17:54
So wait, there isn't going to be a Soul Reaver: Special Edition? WHY!?! I was so siked for it to come out! Please tell me your joking about SRSE being a joke, I mean, I even read about it on a bunch of sites and stuff! It HAS to come out! Well, I'm done spazzin' for now, but to get back to my original question, When is SR3 going to come out, anybody know a specific date, not just the month? Thanks!

DAMN! Just checked the post "Holy Crapcakes" and for the 1st time actually read a little down the post, I can't belive it's a joke, a very cruel and funny joke, but stiil a joke. Guess I'll just have to wait for SR3.

Lady Kreliana
12th May 2003, 18:06
SRSE is a joke. Go to www.thelostworlds.net and see for yourself. :)

Matthew
12th May 2003, 18:22
Originally posted by Raziel'sRevenge
So wait, there isn't going to be a Soul Reaver: Special Edition? WHY!?! I was so siked for it to come out! Please tell me your joking about SRSE being a joke, I mean, I even read about it on a bunch of sites and stuff! It HAS to come out! Well, I'm done spazzin' for now, but to get back to my original question, When is SR3 going to come out, anybody know a specific date, not just the month? Thanks!

DAMN! Just checked the post "Holy Crapcakes" and for the 1st time actually read a little down the post, I can't belive it's a joke, a very cruel and funny joke, but stiil a joke. Guess I'll just have to wait for SR3.

Achem. Not to be rude or anything, but NO ONE knows the exact date yet. It's said - this FALL, in the END of 2003, DECEMBER, BEFORE Xmas. Nothing else. I think that even the guys at CD don't know that, because at this point the development of the game is more important than to flash out release dates. Just ... calm down. :)

E D I T
Ow - I think You're gonna wait for SR3 a loooooooooooooooong time, mate. ;) The game's called Legacy of Kain - Defiance, LOK-D for short.
Just a heads up.

- Matthew

Umah Bloodomen
13th May 2003, 05:14
I am just going to restate how I still believe the world is often a scary place. :D

blincoln
13th May 2003, 05:18
I even added a big disclaimer to my April Fools joke pages!

Umah Bloodomen
13th May 2003, 05:27
Originally posted by blincoln
I even added a big disclaimer to my April Fools joke pages!

**mutters** Not big enough.... ;)

When do we expect that flashing text at the top? LOL. :p

Secrets Of Nosgoth
13th May 2003, 06:40
I was out of the so long that I didn't even know about the hoax. Looks like being unattentive does pay off. As seldom as the pay offs may be.

Dylan
14th May 2003, 21:38
Hey, cool, just noticed the existence of Legacy of Kain: Defiance.
Congratulations on the new title, folks!

I'm going to watch the teaser in a few moments.

Chris@CrystalD, do you need extra art people on the team?

Just asking... would be a shame if LOK: D will be the last installment of the series. I kind of promised myself I would one day, after doing my best, work on a Soul Reaver game. Might not happen it seems. :(

Thanks in advance for your answer! :)

darien_specter
14th May 2003, 21:56
Hmmm... let us examine some history here:

Soul Reaver comes out, meeting a set release date. Later, we discover that all kinds of stuff got cut out to meet the release date.

SR2 is announced. Fans go wild. Hypothetical release date of summer 2001 is announced. Summer comes and goes; release is pushed back. Some begin howling and moaning and complaining. SR2 is released in November 2001... and once again, stuff gets cut to meet the release date. (The only other conceivable reason for cutting three elemental Reavers, etc. is sequal seeds... but that doesn't explain the loss of elemental combat powers!)

LoK: D is announced... with a release even tenativel given, Fall 2003. And already, the cries go up for a release date... Have we learned nothing? The game will come out (hopefully) when it's finished, and not before. I know it sort of puts blinc out of business... burt I'd rather that not much gets cut... Let's just be patient and let them work, shall we?

EDIT: Oops, it just says fall, not november. Fixed it.

willow
14th May 2003, 23:28
Originally posted by Dylan
Hey, cool, just noticed the existence of Legacy of Kain: Defiance.
Congratulations on the new title, folks!

I'm going to watch the teaser in a few moments.

Chris@CrystalD, do you need extra art people on the team?

Just asking... would be a shame if LOK: D will be the last installment of the series. I kind of promised myself I would one day, after doing my best, work on a Soul Reaver game. Might not happen it seems. :(

Thanks in advance for your answer! :)

heh, indeed... I'd be on a plane tomorrow if Chris told me I could work in the art department (or really... doing anything actually) for Crystal Dynamics...

and the funny thing is... that's not a lie. If I was told today... I'd book a flight for tomorrow :).

Dylan
15th May 2003, 00:08
Working with you on LoK: D eh?

I'm game! ;)

Nosgoth's Ruler
15th May 2003, 16:43
LOK: Defiance - PC.....Q2 2004 I am GUESSING.... ;)

Well look....as long as Defiance makes it to PC, and I don't have to wait untill I am 80 than I am happy...

Raziel'sRevenge
10th Jun 2003, 23:00
So when Is Legacy Of Kain: Defiance Coming OUT? I know it's november but is it early or late november? An actual release DATE would be nice. Thanks!

The Amazing Rando
10th Jun 2003, 23:23
Why worry about release dates? The game isn't even planned to come out for 5 MONTHS. Just wait until a closer time when the game is getting nearer completion, so they will actually have a good idea of when the game will be released. Plus, if everyone doesn't keep whining for a release date, they'll be able to give us a date that is much more likely to be kept than a date that they only gave out cuz everyone was whining and complaining, and ends up getting delayed. In any case, just wait.