PDA

View Full Version : My special list of stuff

Raziel'sRevenge
9th May 2003, 18:04
This is my little list of random stuff that I want to see

1. Bosses in SR3
2. An end to cell shading, it was a really original idea but it really does take away from a games seriousness
3. More wepons, and more VARIETY in wepons in SR3, in SR2, all there really was was swords, spears, and torches
4. Vampires in SR3 that require you to use a finnishing move to kill them
5. The original fighting system of SR1 in SR3, it was nice of them to give us the powerful move that you press triangle to use, but in SR1 when you were locked on to an enemy you could shoot it back away from you, which was nice for fighting several enemies at once
6. Extras in SR3, like in SR1 you could get the Fire Reaver and a bunch of different glyphs but you didn't NEED to get them
7. Raziel gaining the ability to fly in, you guessed it, SR3. This would also be nice in the remake of SR1
8. The last thing that I want is complete world DOMINATION!! Well, I probally won't get that but it would be nice!

Thanks for letting me get this stuff off my chest and if you don't like it than please feel free to not say a damn thing 'cause I don't care (JK).

N0V4
9th May 2003, 18:48
The Abillity to fly would to much power IMO.
Like giving Kain the teleport gift

fneh
9th May 2003, 21:28
because everyone has to have their OWN thread so they can hog the 'glory' for it?

Or maybe they're just blind. everyone seems to be lately...:rolleyes:

Raziel'sRevenge
12th May 2003, 17:56
Sorry for not posting this list on one of the numerous other wishlist threads but I just really had to get that stuff off my chest and I'm to selfish to share it on another thread :)

Lady Kreliana
12th May 2003, 18:21
Raziel's Revenge, you might want to read the Q&A thread. You'll find many answers there.

Vampmaster
12th May 2003, 18:42
Raziel'sRevenge, you definatly won't get number 3. There's only the two weapons in Defiance.

Riovanes
12th May 2003, 19:38
And if you'd bothered to read the interview Warp had with Amy Hennig (which is saved in the archives), you would've already seen what I've had to harangue so many other people about - Raziel's wings will NEVER come back, and he will NEVER fly again. So get that out of your head - that part of his life is over. Besides, it would destroy something in his character if he were suddenly reborn - a tragic hero (or even antihero, in Raziel's case - and for those of you who don't make literature your living, an antihero is not even close to a villain) with no tragedy in his life isn't very tragic, now is he? But of course, little things like story development and believable pathos in a character don't matter much compared to you getting your cool moves that would make the game easier, do they?

BAH!!!

Vampmaster
12th May 2003, 19:54
Cool moves don't make the game easier unless you know how to use them. I hate bring up DMC again but it was a lot harder than SR2 especially in Dante Must Die mode. I don't want to keep mentioning DMC except to point out that the only thing about it that was more fun than SR2 was the combat and the length of it. IMO, SR2 was better in every other respect so I don't want Defiance to have anything else to do with it.

EDIT: In SR1 every non human enemy recovered if you took too long to kill them. I think this might be in Defiance as well.

Riovanes
12th May 2003, 23:51
Raziel...

R-A-Z-I-E-L

Letter Breakdown: 1-R 2-A 3-Z 4-I 5-E 6-L

Dante...

D-A-N-T-E

Letter Breakdown: 1-D 2-A 3-N 4-T 5-E

Hmmm, well lookee there... The second and fifth letters of their names match up! Yup - that's definitely where the similarities between these two begin - and right where they should end, too.

I think I'll close up my feelings on this subject by saying that if Raziel or Kain begin to control like Dante, they are going to FEEL like Dante as well, which is going to make me THINK of Dante, and won't let me concentrate on whoopin' ass vampire/wraith style. Put bluntly, if Raziel starts running up walls, the words, "What a fraggin' RIPOFF," are going to come spewing forth from my mouth, and I'll return the game in utter disgust. CD has managed to keep a handle on original material thus far - I see no reason why everyone is so obsessed with having them copy a combat engine... The DMC engine is there for a reason, folks - combos build points, which lead to new combos and moves - that's IT. What possible reason for that sort of system would we have in LoK? And if you say, "Well Raz and Kain could gain abilities that way," I'm going to slap you. This is an LoK game. NOT DMC. Say it with me now - Legacy of Kain is NOT Devil May Cry - therefore it should not look, play, or even feel remotely like that other franchise. To do otherwise would be to become little more than an idea-stealing harlot - and something tells me CD is better than that. So could we please stop begging them to turn our vampiric badasses into Half-human-half-demon creatures? Hmmm?

BAH!!!

warpsavant
13th May 2003, 03:21
Originally posted by Raziel'sRevenge
This is my little list of random stuff that I want to see

This would also be nice in the remake of SR1

It comes out in June. GameCube only. And Silicon Knights is making it.

Umah Bloodomen
13th May 2003, 05:22
At least I didn't almost spit gatorade over my monitor this time. ;) **dries eyes**

warpsavant
13th May 2003, 07:02
June 2004. It got delayed. :( Everyone should keep an eye out!!

blincoln
13th May 2003, 07:07
After seeing the Defiance preview, I can understand why it would be difficult for Crystal Dynamics to remake the original SR. Either they'd have to change it considerably, or it would mean taking out all the cool changes to the gameplay.

Vampmaster
13th May 2003, 11:01
Originally posted by Riovanes
Raziel...

R-A-Z-I-E-L

Letter Breakdown: 1-R 2-A 3-Z 4-I 5-E 6-L

Dante...

D-A-N-T-E

Letter Breakdown: 1-D 2-A 3-N 4-T 5-E

Hmmm, well lookee there... The second and fifth letters of their names match up! Yup - that's definitely where the similarities between these two begin - and right where they should end, too.

I think I'll close up my feelings on this subject by saying that if Raziel or Kain begin to control like Dante, they are going to FEEL like Dante as well, which is going to make me THINK of Dante, and won't let me concentrate on whoopin' ass vampire/wraith style. Put bluntly, if Raziel starts running up walls, the words, "What a fraggin' RIPOFF," are going to come spewing forth from my mouth, and I'll return the game in utter disgust. CD has managed to keep a handle on original material thus far - I see no reason why everyone is so obsessed with having them copy a combat engine... The DMC engine is there for a reason, folks - combos build points, which lead to new combos and moves - that's IT. What possible reason for that sort of system would we have in LoK? And if you say, "Well Raz and Kain could gain abilities that way," I'm going to slap you. This is an LoK game. NOT DMC. Say it with me now - Legacy of Kain is NOT Devil May Cry - therefore it should not look, play, or even feel remotely like that other franchise. To do otherwise would be to become little more than an idea-stealing harlot - and something tells me CD is better than that. So could we please stop begging them to turn our vampiric badasses into Half-human-half-demon creatures? Hmmm?

BAH!!!

LOL I was agreeing with this. From the Defiance screenshots and the info I've seen so far the game looks great. However I don't want it to take anything more from DMC than it already has or lose anything more from the previous Kain games.