PDA

View Full Version : Will LOKD be avail for the PC??

kongg
9th May 2003, 00:28
I noted that the game will be avail for PS2. Wat abt the PC??If not, I may need to get a PS2 to play this awesome game!!

Umah Bloodomen
9th May 2003, 00:37
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
You may wish to direct your questions to this thread so it's easier for Chris to answer them. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16407)

It's getting difficult to hunt around for them with the new threads being added daily.

fneh
9th May 2003, 10:34
well seeing yet another "I'm asking a question you better answer it evn though there's quite obviously a thread specially for questions already" has emerged, we may as well discuss what format we'd like to see the PC version on instead of ranting on the questions thread eh?

Personally I'd say the PC version HAS to be on DVD. You can get a DVd drive for your PC for next to nothing now anyway.

A DVD version will also be cheaper to produce seeing as DVDS are only a little more than CDS anyway. Putting the PC version on 3 CDs or whatever doesn't make sense when everyone should have a DVD drive by now (I know if I have a DVD drive everyone should be able to afford one.)

I wonder what spec PC you'll need to run the game...

vampire of balance
16th May 2003, 09:20
I bought all 4 pevious LoK games for PC and wil buy Defiance on PC DVD-ROM.
I hope Eidos release it soon after console versions.

darien_specter
16th May 2003, 16:28
There is somewhere (probably in the 'questions' thread!) a little chart of when the various versinos of games came out... the time between the PSX/PS2 release and the PC release has been steadily declining from a year or so on BO to a week on BO2. I think we have little reason to fear that there will not be a PC port...

Also, if you can find one of the European Eidos sites, before SR2 came out they were actually listing it as for PS2 and PC, while the US site was not. Maybe it's a licensing thing with Sony or something...

Sarxis
17th May 2003, 03:49
I can't imagine they'd not release a PC version. I only hope it will be released very soon after the PS2 version like was done for BO2.

Eversor
17th May 2003, 19:40
Considering the Xbox uses a modified Windows shell for the core OS, porting to PC should not be that difficult to do since they are making an Xbox version. I hope they do release on PC though and I hope it comes out as close to the console versions as possible.