PDA

View Full Version : Defiance wishlist

fneh
8th May 2003, 14:18
seeing as the Sr3 wishlist is on the SR board I decided to revive the thread (also knowing more about the game that is fact so we can discuss certain areas EG. Bosses)

What I want to see:

secrets (this is in!)

bosses (ditto)

turel

shift at will!!!

kain to have a ton of dark gifts

a story that is a unpredictable as SR2s was

Evelin The Winged
8th May 2003, 14:28
Jumping off the walls like in DMC2 :p

Riovanes
8th May 2003, 15:58
My only request...

Since the combat seems to be going in the direction of DMC2, please, PLEASE don't let the story suffer as that particular one did... Swanky-ass moves and sweet combos are good, but if you concentrate so much on making Raziel into the next Dante that you forget about the story, then this excellent game will become just another DMC2 - a game with a mountain of potential that winds up being miles worth of disappointment.

BAH!!!

N0V4
8th May 2003, 16:11
*claps*

Couldn't have said it better.
BO2 was to linear (not able to explore like in the other games)
And SR2 was to short.

I wanted to ask this.

Make it a long game.(really long! like FF :D )

Exploring is a MUST (already in)

Bosses (already in)

Have kains mist from

Have a wall walk like in JK2 or DMC2

We must have more than 2 finishing moves (SO NOT 1 and NOT 2 like in the other ones but something around 7 per char!)

Hehehe last one is my dream :D

Vampmaster
8th May 2003, 16:32
Originally posted by Evelin The Winged
Jumping off the walls like in DMC2 :p

No offence, but I don't want it to be an exact clone of DMC.

N0V4
8th May 2003, 17:49
Well as long as its a rip off from DMC its ok....just dont go DMC2 on us!
or else.....
*still polishing AK*

Vampmaster
8th May 2003, 18:34
NO! NO RIPPING OFF!!! Taking inspiration from it's OK, but copying every single move without a single original thought is just plain wrong. I don't want to think I don't need Defiance because I've already got Devil May Cry.

Matthew
8th May 2003, 18:55
Originally posted by Riovanes
My only request...

Since the combat seems to be going in the direction of DMC2, please, PLEASE don't let the story suffer as that particular one did... Swanky-ass moves and sweet combos are good, but if you concentrate so much on making Raziel into the next Dante that you forget about the story, then this excellent game will become just another DMC2 - a game with a mountain of potential that winds up being miles worth of disappointment.

BAH!!!

My thoughts exactly.
This is very important. The story must not suffer. And I think it wont. :)

The boss fights and secrets will most probably be in as said/hinted/thought by Chris.

Shift at Will would be a nice touch. Some secret maybe. A really HARD one.
Kain's Dark Gifts ... well, if they manage to find enough time for this then why not. :)

Oh, and don't worry about Turel - he was dictated to be an important piece in the puzzle by Amy herself, as I recall.

I'm quite familiar with LOK-D's features that have been announced. It all seems all too good. :) Thumbs up.

The only thing (and the only thing which wasn't clearly stated) would be lasting appeal.
I'd really like LOK-D to be L O O O N G. :) Who wouldn't?

Since it's gonna most probably be the last main-story-game in the series, maybe CD will make it long. I hope.

CD ... if You're reading this ... THANKS! Great work. Carry on. :) LOK-D is gonna impress all the fans and fetch a lot more.

- Matthew

N0V4
8th May 2003, 19:23
Thank you for answering some of mine questions :D

someguysteve
8th May 2003, 23:58
bosses
questions answered
and
in BO2 and both SR games i thought that raziel and kain should move faster than humans and weaker vampires or at least just humans. like in BO2 i would sidestep to dodge an attack but then end up standing there for a moment when i should have been cutting his head off

Lady Kreliana
9th May 2003, 01:16
I'd like to see outtakes like in the last game. :D

ThunderDemon
9th May 2003, 02:03
Questions answered
Challenging bosses
Turel
Cool moves and combos (that's in)
Maybe two player game (keyword: maybe)
Individual puzzles to enhance reaver
Blow-your-mind storylines (Matrix like)

Raziel:
Retain the special abilities from SR1 (not glyphs)
Keep the elemental reavers from SR2
Receive the Earth, Water, and Spirit Reavers
Reaver selection (just like glyph selection)

Kain:
Keep "Dark Gifts" from BO2
Get more "Dark Gifts"

Sequel to Defiance that would include Turel as a playable character. Maybe name it
Legacy of Kain: Redemption

Umah Bloodomen
9th May 2003, 02:07
No more wishlists, so I can be 'shock and awed'.

Matthew
9th May 2003, 15:20
ThunderDemon! HAHAHA!

What do You mean Matrix-like storyline? LOL! I think it's more than safe to say that the LOK have ALWAYS been more blow-your-minder than The Matrix.

And what do You mean with two player game?

- Matthew

fneh
9th May 2003, 15:35
:rolleyes: How about you stay on topic and not insult other board members please? If someone likes the story for the matrix and you don't why do you have to laugh at them? are you TRYING to start a flame war?

ThunderDemon
9th May 2003, 17:29
I thank you fneh but I think Matthew needed a good laugh that's all. I don't think he meant any harm he's curious about other ppl's ideas it's okay. But I thank you for standing up and telling others to respect the opinions of those who post. As for Matthew the matrix like storyline would mean you need to play it more than once because you might have missed something the first time. See how deep the rabbit hole goes. 2 player game = 2 player game it's that simple.

Raziel'sRevenge
9th May 2003, 18:11
Personally, what I want to see above all else, a good storyline and extras out the ying-yang! That and I wouldn't mind SR1's fighting style to come back into play, The "super move" you do with triangle is OK but I think that button would be much more suited for shooting projectiles, I liked being to auto-aim at an enemy and blow them off a cliff, and it was really handy if you were facing several enemies at once.

fneh
9th May 2003, 21:40
I'd like a dark gift menu like the BO2 one. though Bo2 controlled very poorly the concept was really good. with work the BO2 engine could be really impressive.

someguysteve
9th May 2003, 23:50
i agree with fneh on the BO2 menu, it wasn't really effective in battle (besides fury and such) because the enemy would attack while you selected. i think that when you open the menu it should either pause or really slow the game down so that in effect you would be able to jump around like the first boss.

how about making different moves for the different elements of the soul reaver, make the air fast, but weak, earth (if it gets in) seem heavy, but stong etc.

vampires that unimpale their allies when fighting.

Apocrypha Roxy
10th May 2003, 20:16
I would love to see:

Outtakes/Montages/Goodie goodies

More CGI cinematics, because those are cool.

The ability to replay cutscenes.

A monkey-barrel full of kick-ass moves. Dante Sparda, eat your heart out...

What the heck happened to Vorador (did his head grow back or somethin?) and Janos in the Demon Realm. Raz should go into the Demon realm, do a little rescue operation - towards the end of the story, that is.

Alot of paradoxes, because it just isn't a story with Raziel if there are none.

A LOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGG game, so we won't be antsy for the next one. It WILL be made.

The next installation - see above. Cliffhangers welcome. Scrambles the gray matter for a while.

Turel (well, he's already in it, but I want a whopper of suprise. Methinks Turel was a Hylden in a past life, whilst Raziel was an Ancient. Wouldn't it be deliciously ironic if they both fought one another during the Great War of the Races? Hmm...) ;)

N0V4
10th May 2003, 20:41
UH UH UH !

I hope they put Meridian as an area.
I would love to go see it all destroyed :D

Future's Scribe
11th May 2003, 07:48
I hope that the game isn't dumbed down like PSM article described it. I knowthey said it won't be dumbed down, but if you really pay attention to the article, it seems like it was. Maybe it's just PSM that's dumbed down.

I would like a much longer game, but not like FF. They're are just a whole bunch of fluff with a little story included. 9 hours is unacceptable.

There has to be a PC version and it's more than acceptable for it to be available on DVD format.

An excellent story, but I expect nothing less from CR,

I've read about the changes to the combat engine and I hope they aren't making changes for the sake of making changes, but they actually have some reason for the change in the story, example what happened with the reaver in SR2. There has always been a continuity between the games and I would like to see that continue.

c_poussard
12th May 2003, 01:03
Kain with the ability to drain blood through his sword when hacking and slashing - normal
Raziel kills and absorbs souls - normal

Raziel stuck in the spectral Realm....so when Kain kills an enemy in the normal realm it dies and he drinks its blood...then Raziel destroys the enemy in the specral realm, then absorb its soul...

This way all of the enemies Kain/Raziel meet in the game get completely destroyed from Nozgoth

:)

T-C
12th May 2003, 01:56
Originally posted by c_poussard
Raziel stuck in the spectral Realm....so when Kain kills an enemy in the normal realm it dies and he drinks its blood...then Raziel destroys the enemy in the specral realm, then absorb its soul...

Kain and Raziel are going two different paths on the game, and will occasionally go through the same area. With that, it would be hard to incorporate that idea into this game.

I really need a longer game, however IMO that won't be the problem. Since you will be switching from Kain to Raziel throughout the game, I'm sure that they need to expand it this time around. It is almost as if you are playing two games.

I don't think they will let me down with anything else. Hopefully the changes on the battle system will be made for the better, and will not fully knock off DMC completely. I need some originality (which the Legacy of Kain Series is noted for).

In the PSM article, it was stated that Kain (maybe, Raziel, but it has been four days since I read it and don't remember everything) has the ability to use his mind powers against enemies. They said that you will be able to push the backwards with your powers of the mind, much like a Jedi knight would in Star Wars. I'm hoping for complete and full use of this power. I want many interactive items in the areas so i can just lift up and push back into enemies to stun them for a bit.

Valaquen_
12th May 2003, 15:57
Lets see whats in there:

:Bosses, and make them challenging, In SR1 the bosses were cool but far two easy. It was like three hits to kill a boss aswell, we'll we'll be jumping on Kains head and collecting coins next.
bosses are there

2: Glyphs
well, power up enchancement things

3:Learning new moves would be cool, not only will the reaver be enhanced but Raziel will be able to learn new combo's to dispatch enemies with, like in DMC, only without the orb collecting.
sorta

4: the choice for cinematic word captions at the bottom, I'm sure that there are some deaf LOK gamers out there sick of resorting to the Dark Chronicle.
who knows?

5:Reaver enhancements

6: Play as Kain!
for the 2 above....YESSSS!!!

7:A replay mode, where you can replay the game but the puzzles are different
8:Being able to take different roots in the story so that every time you play the game something will be different.
hopefully, though the world will be more interactive and replayable

9:Time travel!

10:Have citizens walking around, a dissapointment in SR2 was that there was no peasents etc. walking around, don't hey go for picnics or something?
according to screenshots there are civilians running around

11. GET RID OF: dissapearing corpse. Not that i like looking a bodys that is, Its just good to squeeze every bad guy so hard that his entrails burst out from under his fingernails, to turn around to look at the carnage you have caused-polaroid in hand-to find that every single bosy has mysteriously vanished. come on guys its only 1 frame of animation!
12:A longer game, SR1+2 were too short and could have bee completed in 6 hours or so.

13:more FMVS, they are so AMAZING!

14:hmmmm...the end credits, no-one wants to watch boring scenery(SR2) show us some concept art(SR1,B02) it always keeps people watching (always the lttle things that make the most)
for all 3 or so above: maybe, they're just lil things

15:ALL of the guardians from the old games, they need a next-gen makeover don't you think?
old Lok characters DO make appearances

16:Human cities, big ones, not like in SR1, the humans in the past have no reason to cower in their homes, have them do their daily buisness etc, like in B01 (or GTA...again)

well areas will be more expansive

17:uhhhhhh....in the end, presuming that the last battle boss will be HUGE!!!(the Elder anyone?) make raz go absolutely MENTAL and transform into a winged angel/demon thing (like Dante in Devil May Cry...another gaming example yes I know, buts that's how great games are made, how do you think MGS came about, the guy used diffeent ideas from hisfave films/games)

that WOULD be cool wouldn't it?...uhhh....okay then...

18:and finally(from me) DON'T RUSH THIS GAME!!! we all know what happens when SR games are rushed-the priestess, reaver enhancements etc-
that won't happen...

Vampmaster
12th May 2003, 16:07
Originally posted by Raziel'sRevenge
The "super move" you do with triangle is OK but I think that button would be much more suited for shooting projectiles.

It wasn't really that powerful. It was just a really cool effect for when an enemy is practilally dead already. The projectiles were already in SR1 at the same time as the move.

fneh
12th May 2003, 16:34
1. An ending to this story. This game is a continuation of SR2 so there should be no excuses for only half finishing the story again.

2. It HAS to be LONG. Seeing as you get 2 characters I'm treating each character as having their own full game each meaning at least double the size of SR2. at LEAST

3. After you complete the game normally an option to play through as a single character like res evil does.

4. More than a single FMV on the intro

5. town folk

6. decent AI for a change. I want to see enemies beg for me to spare their lives before I finish them off like civilioans in BO2 did.

7. DECENT AI!!!

8. tons of new abilities and new reavers

9. Explanations for all the things left up in the air (most of which are from BO2)

10. Perhaps the chance to meet blood omen kain

11. the boys to get out OK instead of them both dying

12. people complaining that kain smells because he hasn't had a both in a few millenia :D

13. dvd extras.

14. a good ingame mapp.

Evelin The Winged
12th May 2003, 18:11
Hey, I actually wasn't serious about the DMC2 thing! Anyway:

Keep the story deep like it always was (I know it'll happen anyway, but just in case all that fighting get's in the way).

Riovanes
12th May 2003, 19:41
You really aren't asking for much, are you, fneh? Tell me, can I interest you in a kitchen sink to go with all that?;)

BAH!!!

Vampmaster
12th May 2003, 20:13
Here's something reasonable: I think the picture at the top of the page that I linked to in my Screenshots thread should be on the cover of the box.

Apocrypha Roxy
12th May 2003, 22:12
Raziel restored. So I can crush over his pretty body.

Mmmmmmm..... :D

Umah Bloodomen
13th May 2003, 05:17
Originally posted by Riovanes
You really aren't asking for much, are you, fneh? Tell me, can I interest you in a kitchen sink to go with all that?;)

BAH!!!

Silly Rio. And you call yourself a salesman? :rolleyes: You have to offer the fancy trash compactor before the sink nowadays. Sheesh. :o :p ;)