PDA

View Full Version : The super magical "ask The Butterfly Lord" thread.

willow
8th May 2003, 05:10
In order to keep duplicate questions down to a bare minimum I’ve decided to take precious time out of my day to provide everyone with an easy to access answer sheet… and so Chris has an easier time (see, I actually don’t care about any of you at all… just Chris’ well being... =F).

That said, please keep your questions for Chris in this thread. Theories and speculations should keep their own thread space.

Q: Will Defiance have supa swanky boss battles ala Soul Reaver?!

A: Yes, there will be bosses in the game. Can't say who yet

Q: Will there be glyphs and/or spells?

A: This has not been revealed yet. Kain has plenty of powerful vampiric abilities. This is the evolved Kain. I've seen many of them and they are really cool!

Q: Will Raziel have any supa badass elemental reaver thingamabobs incorporated in with combat?

A: *sigh* This has not been revealed yet.

Q: Is the story told in a pure linear fashion (SR2) or is it more open ended (SR)?

A: More along the lines of SR

Q: Will there be secrets?

A: Yes, there are secrets and bonus items. But you'll have to find them

Q: I'd like to know how many people (ballpark) are working on this game. What Ive seen looks fantastic I was thinkin it was alot of people.

A: Estimated at around 20 or so.

Q: I’ve noticed that Kain wields the physical incarnation of the Soul Reaver… I’m all kinds of confused…

A: Both characters are armed with an incarnation of the Reaver -- Raziel with the Soul Reaver wraith blade, and Kain with the "Blood" Reaver (it's not the Soul Reaver, because it's still an empty vessel -- Raziel's soul is not in the blade).

Umah Bloodomen
8th May 2003, 05:17
I would have directly quoted him for the sake of authenticity. Especially with your reputation.
**coughcoughMasterofPropagandacoughcough** :p ;) :D

EDIT: <sarcasm> You also know this isn't going to last long. Just look at the constantly disregarded "Gameplay help threads". </sarcasm>

I will repeat a question I had though.

Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen

I do kind of like the mission-setup of the Thief: The Dark Project. (A nice little FMV scene prior to the beginning of each mission along with a mission objective). Is it safe to ask if a similar technique will be applied to the new LOK game or simply one big FMV at the beginning, and in-game cinematics throughout the rest of the game as we've seen in previous installments?

The Do we get a Yoshi? question is optional. :D

blue ancient
8th May 2003, 05:34
I absolutly laughed my @$$ off at you and blinc for posting those Yoshi-meets-Raziel pics! Those rock my world! LOL!!

Umah Bloodomen
8th May 2003, 05:37
The exclusive screenshots were priceless. (Not my best work, but it wasn't intended to be). :p

I am just kind of curious as to why Blinc has a fuzzy RED dinosaur lying around his apartment. :confused: ;)

EDIT: Made the color of the dinosaur more PC. :D

Actual Question:
How will you (Chris) be credited in the new game?
(As in: Christopher Butterfly, Christopher "Hippie" Butterfly, Christopher Bruno, Butterfly Lord etc.) :D

blue ancient
8th May 2003, 06:07
You mean to tell me that it wasn't an actual screenshot!? :eek:

*hehe* It's ok, blinc, I have a stuffed animal, too :D

blincoln
8th May 2003, 06:17
Yarb-Shuggunath is red, not pink :p.

willow
8th May 2003, 06:28
Lancelot scoffs at silly red Yarb thingies... he'd claim the Yarb ones soul... then take a nap... because he finds it THAT insignificant.

Reaper007
8th May 2003, 07:56
ok heres my question:

Q: It seems to have been confirmed for the X-Box and PS2, but what about the PC? Will there be a PC version?

Q: If there is a PC version will it be distributed for play on DVD-ROMS and/or standard CD's?

all for now.

Reaper007

fneh
8th May 2003, 11:32
Will Old LOK charaters cameo?
Yes, old LoK characters will get cameos. Can't tell you who yet.

Can you fight using your bare hands, or do you have to always use the reaver?
Raziel and Kain do not fight with their bare hands. Why would you, when you've got the Reaver?

Does kain have dark gifts?
Kain has plenty of powerful vampiric abilities. This is the evolved Kain. I've seen many of them and they are really cool!

Can kain get reaver enhancements like raziel?
Both characters acquire Reaver enhancements over the course of the game, which expand their combat abilities

Will There be bosses?
Yes, there will be bosses in the game. Can't say who yet

Will there be secret areas etc?
Yes, there are secrets and bonus items. But you'll have to find them

fneh
8th May 2003, 11:36
How do the chapters work?
About the Chapters in LOK: Defiance

I think people are afraid that this will be linear and restrictive -- i.e., too much like self-contained missions rather than the seamlessly interconnected world of the previous SR games.

You shouldn't be concerned -- the chapters are just a way to tell the game's story, alternating between Kain and Raziel. It's not like the player is funneled into and out of the chapters without the ability to explore and play the game at their own pace. The world is still interconnected, and the player can choose to revisit already-explored areas, or take as long as they want to within each chapter. For example let's say Kain plays through chapter 1 in level x. His next chapter may take place in level y, but he can return to level x if he wants to.

Basically, within each chapter the game will feel and play just like the SR games, with freedom of exploration. The only difference is that sometimes you'll be playing Kain, and sometimes Raziel. Their paths will cross over the course of the game, and their actions will affect each other, but it's not a "buddy" game -- i.e., the player won't switch between characters to have them tackle problems together.

Will there be any other (than Ps2 and Xbox) versions of the game?
At this sime I am only aware of the team working on an XBox and a PS2 version of the game. Although a PC version has not been announced, we normally port our games to the PC a short time after they are released on the consoles.

LoK- Hc|Chris
8th May 2003, 12:08
Hi Chris :)

I have some Questions :rolleyes: :

Does the Blood Reaver, also suck the Blood Away, like Raziels Blade the Souls?

If not, it doesent make any sense, cauz normally, the blade do that.

Will we meet the Elder and Ariel, again?

Is the Chapter System like the one we had in Blood Omen 2? (Only diffrenz, u are able to go a Chapter back)

Where does the Game start? @ The same Place, as in Sr2?

EDIT: Forgt one Question

Will the Game also come to Nintendos Game Cube?

Vampmaster
8th May 2003, 12:16
I'm thinking it only sucks the blood/soul if you do a finishing move.

Chris, when you said reaver enhancements did that include elements? I liked the different coloured reavers and how the light reaver was a search light and the air reaver let you run in the swamp. Will stuff like that stay in?

EDIT: Would you be able to move the SR3 wishlist thread to this forum?

LoK- Hc|Chris
8th May 2003, 12:32
Yeah, but Kain needs the Blood for his Energy i think, so what about him? ;)

fneh
8th May 2003, 14:06
1. Does the Blood Reaver, also suck the Blood Away, like Raziels Blade the Souls?

yes. both blades need to feed. It was mentioned in the PSM article

2. Will we meet the Elder and Ariel, again?
you can't ask story related questions!:mad: chris said that older LOK characters will make cameos above. plaese read the questions he's already answered before asking them again on the same thread

3Is the Chapter System like the one we had in Blood Omen 2?
He already answered this a post above yours.......:rolleyes:

4. Where does the Game start? @ The same Place, as in Sr2?
you're asking about the story again but the answer should be obvious shouldn't it?

5.Will the Game also come to Nintendos Game Cube?
again, this was answered above.

dangerizer
8th May 2003, 14:10
I kinda forsee the reavers sustaining raziel and kain both. when you suck blood from a fallen person with the reaver it also rejuvenates kain. raz may still have to suck them down though cause it just looks cool.

Riovanes
8th May 2003, 15:49
Originally posted by fneh
1. Does the Blood Reaver, also suck the Blood Away, like Raziels Blade the Souls?

yes. both blades need to feed. It was mentioned in the PSM article

2. Will we meet the Elder and Ariel, again?
you can't ask story related questions!:mad: chris said that older LOK characters will make cameos above. plaese read the questions he's already answered before asking them again on the same thread

3Is the Chapter System like the one we had in Blood Omen 2?
He already answered this a post above yours.......:rolleyes:

4. Where does the Game start? @ The same Place, as in Sr2?
you're asking about the story again but the answer should be obvious shouldn't it?

5.Will the Game also come to Nintendos Game Cube?
again, this was answered above.

Fneh, honestly - when was the last time a simple thing like being able to read has kept people on this board from asking the same question twenty-million times? And more than that, obvious things, I've noticed, are so often overlooked by some posters as to make me think they're either really into deep storylines and want to dig for every secret morsel they can find - or they're just blind.

BAH!!!

Vampmaster
8th May 2003, 16:40
Is it definately Amy who's writing the story?

warpsavant
8th May 2003, 18:09
Are we going to get to see a trailer after E3?

Embla
8th May 2003, 18:47
Will there be multiple languages in the European version like in SR2, or only English?

N0V4
8th May 2003, 19:17
Nooo!!
No multiple languages because of that we will have to wait even longer.
Ever wondered why Japanese RPGs never get out in Europe?

I'll tell you why?
Because they don't only have to change the system to crappy PAL but also make it in 3 languages because the French and Germans just dont want to learn the most know and spoken language of the world!

I won't accept suffering 1 month longer than everybody else just for those damn [censored]

:mad:

Preacher
8th May 2003, 19:35
Will Simon Templeman and Micheal Bell be reprising their roles as Kain and Raziel?

Valaquen_
8th May 2003, 20:12
I think they're essentail, they're absolutely brilliant voice actors. (Wonder if they ever browse these forums for their fans? hmmmm *ponders thought*)

I have a question, it will be a longer game will it? SR2 was a bit short.

Valaquen_
8th May 2003, 20:14
I think they're essentail, they're absolutely brilliant voice actors. (Wonder if they ever browse these forums for their fans? hmmmm *ponders thought*)

I have a question, it will be a longer game will it? SR2 was a bit short.

I hope all the bonus's (if there are any)will make on the PAL version, I spent ages trying to find that B01 trailer, only to find out that it had been extracted from the disc:(

Matthew
8th May 2003, 20:15
Originally posted by Preacher
Will Simon Templeman and Micheal Bell be reprising their roles as Kain and Raziel?

Excuse moi ... but ... what kinda question is that?! :confused:
Isn't it certain as the dawning of sun?

- Matthew

Preacher
8th May 2003, 20:41
Originally posted by Matthew
Excuse moi ... but ... what kinda question is that?! :confused:
Isn't it certain as the dawning of sun?

- Matthew

Not really... Although it's extremely likely they will be. I remember some guy apart of the Eidos or CD team said that even if they couldn't get ST or MB to reprise their roles as Kain and Raziel, they would at least get some people who sounded like them. So it's not set in stone and I'd like an official confirmation. :)

Matthew
8th May 2003, 20:57
If You put it that way, then yeah - better be certain...

- Matthew

fneh
8th May 2003, 21:08
actual question

This game uses the SR2 engine right? Can you go over what sort of changes have been made to it please?

a) do we still have to manually aim the projectile?
b) is there a glyph menu from pressing select or one like BO2s?
c) Do different reaver elements allow different move animations or do they just do different amounts of damage for the same animation?

thanks chris!

Chris@Crystal
8th May 2003, 23:12
Willow,
This might have been a good idea, but I think everyone is using this thread to both ask questions and to ramble about stuff. I'm a bit busy today working on the E3 demo, so I'm going to try to get to the questions tomorrow.
Take care.
~Chris

Umah Bloodomen
9th May 2003, 00:16
Seeing that the one with the *Iron Claws* has turned me on to the Thief series, ;) I began thinking a bit more about it and was wondering:

Seeing that missions will be implemented into the gameplay, are there plans to allow for the potential of fan-created missions? (Much like what LGS did with Thief and Core has done with TR).

Anubis_Orr
9th May 2003, 00:28
What format will the PC version be? DVD-Rom or CD-Rom?

Omega
9th May 2003, 12:33
I'm hoping it will be longer than SR2. No offence to CD, but I was almost disapointed when I completed SR2. Then again, that may just be me. I'm not the quickest guy on the block - and I guess I'm used to spending weeks on a single game...

I have a question, and, as I assume all the questions in other threads have been posted here, I'll just go right ahead and ask...

Q: Will Defiance take the place of Soul Reaver 3 and/or Blood Omen 3? Or is Defiance a kind of 'spin-off' to wet our tastes for any future releases?

fneh
9th May 2003, 21:22
I know this is never gonna get an answer but I have to try right?

How long until we get to see the following:

1) the official website
2)a video of the game. (be it on a cover disc or downloadable from the website)
3) a playable demo!

thank you chris. With all the off topic crap on this board I'm suprised you put up with us

Umah Bloodomen
9th May 2003, 21:41
You know, Chris really doesn't have the time to clean up after us. I've taken the initiatve and removed my spammish-responses, leaving only my legitimate questions (which are included in a few instances of fun). I strongly advise that those who have also contributed to the high amount of SPAM in this thread to remove your posts as well. Unless you have a legitimate question for Chris in regards to LOKD, (which may accompany another comment), then refrain from polluting it.

Note, I will be deleting this after an effort has been made by other people.

Anubis_Orr
9th May 2003, 22:12
Will any sort of map be coming with any released version of LoK: D?

[Edit]Bah, smilie for colon d

Chris@Crystal
10th May 2003, 00:14
Hey LOK fans,
Here are answers to some of your questions. I just received this info a short time ago directly from Amy Hennig. Hope this quenches your appetites for now. :)

1. It seems to have been confirmed for the X-Box and PS2, but what about the PC? Will there be a PC version?
The only platforms that have been confirmed are the Xbox and PS2 versions.

2. If there is a PC version will it be distributed for play on DVD-ROMS and/or standard CD's?
Unknown

3. Does the Blood Reaver, also suck the Blood Away, like Raziels Blade the Souls?
Yes

4. Will we meet the Elder and Ariel, again?
We're not confirming anything specific about the story at this point, but players can expect to meet some familiar characters.

5. Where does the Game start? @ The same Place, as in Sr2?
You will have to wait and see. :)

6. Will the Game also come to Nintendos Game Cube?
There is no Gamecube version planned.

7. Is it definitely Amy who's writing the story?
Yes -- Amy Hennig is writing and directing LoK: Defiance.

8. Are we going to get to see a trailer after E3?
I believe so.

9. Will there be multiple languages in the European version like in SR2, or only English?
We've always done multiple languages, so I'm sure that's the plan this time.

10. Will Simon Templeman and Micheal Bell be reprising their roles as Kain and Raziel?
We're not confirming anything specific about the voice talent yet, but fans can rest assured that consistency and quality are still top priority (as always).

11. I have a question, it will be a longer game will it? SR2 was a bit short.
We're not giving estimates of game length yet (it's still too early). LoK: Defiance will be more non-linear and replayable than SR2 was, though.

12. Seeing that missions will be implemented into the gameplay, are there plans to allow for the potential of fan-created missions? (Much like what LGS did with Thief and Core has done with TR).
The game progresses through chapters, not missions per se. (i.e., chapters are a way to tell the story through our two protagonists). There are no plans to enable players to create their own missions.

13. Will Defiance take the place of Soul Reaver 3 and/or Blood Omen 3? Or is Defiance a kind of 'spin-off' to wet our tastes for any future releases?
The franchise is being reunited under the title "Legacy of Kain", with Defiance being the latest game in the series. So there are no plans currently to specifically develop an SR3 or BO3.

14. Will there be multiple endings to LOK : Defiance?
There is only one ending to the game -- to tell a good story, all of the elements of the plot should culminate in an ending which is the perfect payoff for all the events that came before. This is compromised by trying to support multiple endings.

15. In SR2 there were promises that elemental reavers would have some influence in the battle but it was cut out. Will elemental reavers have any battle abilities in this installation? It would be way too cool...
Yes, both characters acquire weapon enhancements over the course of the game which enable new mechanics within combat.

16. Will Raziel or Kain have spells/glyphs?
Not in the SR1 sense, no -- but both characters have a number of supernatural abilities and combat mechanics that approximate the function of SR1's glyphs.

17. Is Kain toned down to make the game a challenge or does he have a ton of dark gifts that compensate for his lack of reaver upgrades and ability to shift planes, scale walls, swim etc.
This is the powerful, evolved Kain people know from the SR series. We haven't "dumbed him down" to make him a playable character -- we've given him a suite of abilities which we feel encapsulate his swordsmanship, effortless strength and sorcery, without trying to include every single ability he's ever had in the LoK series (that would be impossible - what are there, 50 of them or something?)

18. Do I get SHIFT AT WILL for Raziel???
No longer aided by the Elder God, Raziel must devise his own ways to enter the material plane, which the player will discover over the course of LoK: Defiance. In other words, the old SR "shift at will" cheat isn't in the game, but he doesn't use portals, either.

19. When will the official website be online?
Unknown

20. I have to say I'm a little disappointed about not being able to use my bare hands. Does this mean the reaver doesn't drain Raziel life anymore? I heard the reavers need to feed too. If you can't fight without the reaver how do you stop the reaver feeding instead of yourself? Oh yeah, About the reaver feeding: Does the reaver get powerful for a limited amount of time like SR2s reaver (then go weaker again until more souls are absorbed) or does it gradually become more and more powerful?
The Reaver behaves differently in LoK: Defiance than it has in previous SR games.

21. Kains Teleportation spell. Will it be in?
Not exactly, though Kain is able to travel long distances with ease.

22. Will the upgrades for Raziel and Kain be in the same place where the other character found their upgrade? If so will it provide the same abilities for both characters or will they both receive different upgrades for each of their own reavers?
Raziel and Kain have different paths through the game -- sometimes they visit the same areas, and sometimes not. They acquire their weapon enhancements in different ways.

23. Will Turel make an appearance in this game? If so, how big will his role be?
I'm not telling this! We don't want to spoil any of the story elements of the game.

24. Besides the features of the game will there be a soundtrack to Legacy of Kain: Defiance?
Don't know yet.

25. When will us UK gamers get the game? Will it be winter also?
Unknown.

26. Are Kain and Raziel able to make stealth kills, like in Bo and Sr? Or at least able sneak up to an enemy without being spotted directly as in sr2?
Yes, but this isn't meant to be a stealth game. The combat is designed to be more over-the-top and aggressive, less about sneaking around.

27. Will there be any other vampires in the game (not Turel, vorador etc.) among the enemies?
I'm not giving out any story element answers.

28. Are there more human civilians as in SR?
Same, not reveiling any story

29. Is LOKD the last game in the LOK series??
No. I'm sure Eidos will continue to produce LoK games as long as they remain popular. So tell you friends to get the game when it comes out! :)

I'll try and collect some more questions next week and see if Amy is willing to give out any more info.
Take care.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

TheElderGodofNosgoth
10th May 2003, 00:24
Cool. Very cool.

saravok
10th May 2003, 00:53
Nice , very nice.
Cleared the things a bit more up ;). Defiance is sounding better and better with each question answered.

blincoln
10th May 2003, 01:25
*does another dance*

warpsavant
10th May 2003, 01:29
18. Do I get SHIFT AT WILL for Raziel???
No longer aided by the Elder God, Raziel must devise his own ways to enter the material plane, which the player will discover over the course of LoK: Defiance. In other words, the old SR "shift at will" cheat isn't in the game, but he doesn't use portals, either.

He really is gonna possess people then?!?

:)

Umah Bloodomen
10th May 2003, 02:47
**dances along with Blinc**

warp, although it would be cool to possess people, I would rather play the game as Raz and not worry about taking the form of someone else all the time. (Some of the time would be cool). :D

Another Question:

Seeing that you are removing the typical shift portals from the game, can we plan on seeing the save-obelisks as we did in SR2 or do you plan on implementing the ability to autosave at any given point in the game?

KainSyndrome101
10th May 2003, 04:06
21. Kains Teleportation spell. Will it be in?
Not exactly, though Kain is able to travel long distances with ease.

Does this mean we'll see the return of the bat/wolf forms? That would be pure coolness.

Secrets Of Nosgoth
10th May 2003, 06:46
I have a giant smile on my face, ear to ear. This game, from the small tidbits written here sounds incredible.

Is there any chance that after you beat the game, to go back through it with a fully powered character to reach places that were first unreachable?

Will the fighting engine be changed?

Will enemies have weaknesses that can be taken advantage of through the background *ie sunlight and water being able to kill them*?

Will there be an intricite inventory system that allows you to switch from power to power, or will the magic spells simply be different button presses?

Vampmaster
10th May 2003, 10:10
I've asked this already, but what about the non-combat aspects of the elemantal reavers such as using the light reaver to see in the dark or the air reaver to move through the swamp? Will stuff like that still be in?

Will the bosses themselves be puzzles (I prefer it this way) like how you had to figure out how to kill the SR1 brothers or will you just keep slashing at them with the reaver until they die or will there be some of each?

Secrets Of Nosgoth, it's already been said about the combat system being upgraded. I'm hoping the spell menus won't be more complex than in SR or BO2. (I wouldn't find it difficult if they did, just it'd be slower.) They're not copying everything from DMC, just a bit of the combat.

Albion
10th May 2003, 11:00
Replying to Umah and Warp...

Ive got a feeling that after Raziel would possess someone (If thats how it works, which I think it is), thier body would probably contort to be exactly how Raziel looks. Especially seeing as how the screenshots weve seen appear to show Raz in the material realm :D

Edit - Just covering this up as a spoiler, sorry to any who saw it before it was covered.

fneh
10th May 2003, 11:33
This is sounding better and better!!!!!

next question:

how does saving work? In SR2 there weren't enough save points and somtimes being forced to watch the same cutscene again aand again became tedious. Are there any plans to release the game with the opportunity to skip cutscenes or save whenever you want?

thanks chris!

Embla
10th May 2003, 11:54
Does Kain retain his lightning/energy ability from when you fougth him in SR?

Raz
10th May 2003, 12:55
Chris, I was wondering, will Kain be able to take advantage of the Spectral Realm? It's said in the Soul Reaver instruction manual that clan leaders have the ability to shift between the realms for a time. It also seems that Kain has this ability, as when you fight him during Soul Reaver he temporarily appears in the Spectral Realm... Of course, it could be that his teleportation spell is a result of Kain shifting realms, moving to his next location, and shifting realms once again. I mean, due to the fact that time "stands still" in the Material Realm whilst the player is in the Spectral Realm, it would make sense as it would give an impression of Kain disappearing and instantly reappearing in another spot... ;)

Glucolisis
10th May 2003, 19:19
Hi, I just wanted to ask if the game will support pixel shaders, because I would be cool to use that technology to put Raziel`s eyes to glow like in the intro of SR2 and SR1.

Not like white spots in his face but real blue light coming from his eyes.

Thanks a lot.

Umah Bloodomen
10th May 2003, 21:53
how does saving work? In SR2 there weren't enough save points and somtimes being forced to watch the same cutscene again aand again became tedious. Are there any plans to release the game with the opportunity to skip cutscenes or save whenever you want?

thanks chris!

Um, I already asked this earlier. But thanks for repeating it. I guess mine was just too hard to understand. :rolleyes: :p

Originally posted by a broken record
Seeing that you are removing the typical shift portals from the game, can we plan on seeing the save-obelisks as we did in SR2 or do you plan on implementing the ability to autosave at any given point in the game?

Blade2642
11th May 2003, 06:39
Will Kain be resistant to water?

Matthew
11th May 2003, 10:20
Question for Chris
Hello. Boy, it's so fun and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that fans can actually ask stuff from the game-makers and they reply. :) Unlike "some" other gaming companies. Yay, way to go CD. :)
If You have time, Chris, I'd very much like if You'd answer a couple of my questions. Very strange questions actually, but at least I think their decent. :)

Will Raziel have glowing wraithy eyes (while in the Spectral Realm) that leave eery trails just like the Sluaghs' eyes did in SR2? Uh... If not, wouldn't it be a nice touch? Can it still be added?

Are the adversaries cunning? For example - do they pull the stakes out of their fallen comrades to revive them?

Okay, that's all. Thanks in advance, Chris. Cheers. :) And good luck with LOK-D! :D I hope it's still not too late for fans to give ideas so that You could consider adding them to the game.

EDIT
Ack, typo-attacks!

- Matthew

fneh
11th May 2003, 14:26
I've heard that defiance will be exclusive to xbox for the first 3 months of release. Is this true? You know if it is I'm going to have to buy the one console I don't own for a single game don't you?

Will we get dvd extras on the game again like SR2s? I'd personally love to see a few timlines. we could see entire time lines for both the unaltered timelines (BO1 before william was murdered) and the one as a result of all raziel and kain's paradoxes. A few cut scenes from previous games would be nice (like the BO ones maybe for those that missed out) and maybe even a documentary on making the game hosted by none other than you, CHRIS!!!!:D

warpsavant
11th May 2003, 19:10
Are there any plans to release any type of, map or something with the game? Cigarette lighters perhaps? Collectors Editions?

Vampmaster
11th May 2003, 21:43
Oh yeah, I think the ingame map in SR2 was unnessacary, but one in the box would be good.

fneh
11th May 2003, 22:03
An ingame map would be useful IF it actually marked on where you were and perhaps marked areas you'd visited and discovered everything a different colour or something.

blincoln
11th May 2003, 23:24
Hmm, Warp got me thinking, but how do I phrase this as a question?

Is there any chance of a special collector's edition, in a big box, with tons of extras like a concept art book, soundtrack disc, t-shirt, disc of deleted SR1 areas (=)), etc.? I mean, Robotech: Battlecry got one, and Defiance is obviously going to be about 90773075 times better than that.

Omega
11th May 2003, 23:57
Question: How soon can we expect to see videos on coverdisks/online, or even playable demos on (UK) magazines?

Question: Will Kurt & Co still be doing the music? Will there be an official soundtrack released?

Chris - the next few paragraphs are just comments. Put the question at the top to save you time - so ignore 'em if ya wish :)

Originally posted by Blade2642
Will Kain be resistant to water?

I don't think so. Kain is a Vampire. Water kills Vampires. Vampires plus water equals dead Vampires ;)

Oooo, this sounds interesting... extremely interesting....

Is there any chance of a special collector's edition, in a big box, with tons of extras like a concept art book, soundtrack disc, t-shirt, disc of deleted SR1 areas (=)), etc.? I mean, Robotech: Battlecry got one, and Defiance is obviously going to be about 90773075 times better than that.

Again, I say interesting ;) I'd be more than happy to part with a few more pounds just to get that :)

Umah Bloodomen
12th May 2003, 00:56
Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
24. Besides the features of the game will there be a soundtrack to Legacy of Kain: Defiance?
Don't know yet.

Wise Man Domingo
12th May 2003, 12:30
All hail the Butterfly Lord!:p

Anyway, here're my questions, forgive me if they've been answered already.

1) Are there any differences in the gameplay mechanics of Kain and Raziel?

2) Can you give us a little example of what kind of powers Kain has? I can understand if you can't but...

3) This isn't a question about LOK: Defiance, but I have to ask anyway... what happened to the Glyph spells in SR1? There's this little rumor floating around ff.net that Raz lost them all to Moebius in a poker game somewhere in between SR1 and SR2.

4) Finally, how do you switch from Kain to Raziel? Is it at certain points in the game, or can you switch at will?

EDIT: I have one more question to ask, O Mighty Butterfly Lord...

5) Will the game be in chapters like BO2 or one big world like SR1? Personally, I prefer the latter. Or maybe... both? Is that possible...?:confused:

Albion
12th May 2003, 13:29
Hey Domingo,

If you read a couple of other threads you will find that ALL of your answers are there. Id pull up some links for you, but im a lazy git :D

Valaquen_
12th May 2003, 14:54
Hi Chris
Will the world map be like in Zelda? Y'know free-roaming like. I've heard that It'll be more interactive but don't know what you mean by that. Does it mean that you have absolute freedom, only hindered by not having a specific ability, free roaming like open fields and so, not like the straight forward tunnels

EDIT: Oh and did you guys (the development team) look up our wishlists for ideas for this game? And if so, which ones?

Evelin The Winged
12th May 2003, 20:16
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm...

• Possess the bodies of unsuspecting victims to shift between the shadowy and sinister Spectral Realm and the rich and beautiful Material Plane --Gameshell.com
Is this true? (http://www.gamershell.com/news/BLegacyofKainDefianceBun.shtml)

4) Finally, how do you switch from Kain to Raziel? Is it at certain points in the game, or can you switch at will?

I think it's at certain points in the game...has to be. I'm dead sure that you can't switch at will like in Resident Evil 0 (excluding the 'buddy' thing-I mean when thier separated).

Evelin The Winged
12th May 2003, 21:04
Now I have an actuall question:
If Raziel of Kain 'die' (game over) what'll happen? Will you just continue playing from the checkpoint or something linke in BO2 or...:confused:

SteveCarll81
12th May 2003, 23:54
amen speak the word brother, preach to the converted ....um preacher

FierceClaw
13th May 2003, 09:10
Schoolwork has kept me away from this forum for several months, but after reading about the new LoK game I just had to check in :) .

Anyway, the only questions I can think of right now that I haven't seen answered here (unless I've been looking in the wrong threads) are:

1.) Will the game support subtitles (or at least the ability to pause during cutscenes)?
Every time the phone rang during a cutscene in SR2 I had to replay the game from my last save up until that point just so I could tell what was said.

2.) Will the Dark Diary feature be returning in some form?
I always loved that feature....

Valaquen_
13th May 2003, 13:39
.) Will the game support subtitles (or at least the ability to pause during cutscenes)?

Are you in the UK?
I am and in my version of SR2 you can pause cutscenes

TG_Syd
13th May 2003, 15:27
The IGN article mentions that Kain has the ability to turn into his bat form. My question is:

Will there be Bat Beacans(sp?) like in BO or will you just be able to fly wherever you wish?

fneh
14th May 2003, 15:28
I have the UK version of SR2 and you can pause the curscenes. Only the FMV intro can't be paused (you skip it if you press start)

Chris:

1. From the video on the E3 site, raziel appears to only have the reaver out in combat. When he assumed the fighting stance the reaver seemed to appear out of nowhere. Am I right in assuming upon pressing R1 (to go into autoface mode) the reaver automatically comes out ? I assume it's the same iff you just press square too right?

2. What's the music on the video? Will it be in the game in any form or was it just for that video?

this game is going to rule the world and everyone knows it.

Valaquen_
14th May 2003, 18:28
I cant get the streaming demo to work, only the music plays:(

darien_specter
14th May 2003, 22:17
This is a question similar to one that was asked; but the answer was, shall we say, vague, so I'm going to ask it in another form; and if the vague answer was to protect details, then that's just fine and dandy with me!

My question, probably unaswerable, is: Are the elemental Reavers still a part of the game? Will we acquire the three we missed the last time, that is, Earth, Water, and Spirit?

Thanks for answering our questions in the first place; we are lucky fans to have this kind of access! CD ROCKS! :D

Vampmaster
15th May 2003, 09:49
I know. I asked that a couple of times as I'm particularly concerned about this since the elemental forges were such a big part of the plot last time. I also want to know if the current element of the reaver will give you non combat or puzzle solving abilities.

fneh
15th May 2003, 10:43
sorry Chris but here's a few more questions:

1. How much of a difference in graphics will there be between the 2 console versions?

2. Will the game be compatible with widescreen TVs?

3. You can save anywhere. But do you resume from anywhere, or is it like SR1 where you can save at anytime but always resume from the elders cave? (in this case resume fomr the start of when you have control of each character but all puzzles you solved are still solved)

4. even though I don't have a compatible TV (I think) will there be a progressive scan mode?

5. surround sound?

6. last question for now: (I know you won't answer but there's always a chance eh?)
On IGN I got a pic of some big monster that looked somewhat like res evil's tyrant (for lack of a better way to describe it). Is this a boss or one of many others of these creatures?

EDIT - thanks lozza mate :)

Lozza Mate
15th May 2003, 10:51
fneh: the ps2 can do 5.1 surround in both FMV and in-game.

Abellah
15th May 2003, 16:30
Alrighty, fresh questions...

1) What will Kain's health bar be like?

2) Will both Raz and Kain get new versions of their health coil or just (presumably) Kain?

The rest is supposition:

I doubt Kain will have the familier blood vial like it was in BO1 and BO2, especially since the new E3 video at IGN showed only a red dot in relation to where Raz's health coil is.

I hope the red dot isn't Kain's health bar, but the video does show Raz's familier old health coil, so it makes me wonder. The only way I can see the 'Blood Dot' to work is if the dot gets smaller when Kain gets injured. But I don't think that'll be as visually neat as the health coil and much worse than the always excellent looking blood vial from BO1.

Maybe Kain will get a crazy blood straw for his health bar, like the one in Killer Klowns from Outer Space :P

I)animoth
15th May 2003, 20:29
Hello there, Chris. I'm new here, and I'd like to make you a question. I know you don't answer story related question, but this is just an explanation... about the hylden: they were presented in SR2 as a sort of demon (in the paints on the walls) but then, in BO2 they were a sort of aliens with a kind of technology (machines, engines and so on). However, since the Legacy of Kain saga is set in a gothic-style world, I was disappointed by seeing the futuristic ambients of BO2 which gave a sci-fi look at the game. Still, I'm a Lok fan, and so I HAD to ash this: are the hylden the alien-type guys as in BO2, or they will have a more fitting role with the gothic landscape of SR and BO1? Thanks in advance... keep up the good work!

latchk
15th May 2003, 21:19
Does Chris reply to these at all?

Abellah
15th May 2003, 21:37
Does Chris reply to these at all?

Yes. You just have to show a little bit of patience, as I don't think modorating is his job- this is a service he's being nice about.

He's not god or even Kain.:D

hippiechk
15th May 2003, 23:35
Plus it makes sense for Chris to answer many questions at once instead of just one or two at a time.

Have patience. He will come with answers.

Umah Bloodomen
16th May 2003, 01:00
Originally posted by Abellah
Yes. You just have to show a little bit of patience, as I don't think modorating is his job- this is a service he's being nice about.

He's not god or even Kain.:D

Um, Moderating is part of Chris' job.

And I do beg to differ with your notion of Chris being a deity, he has in-game shrines and a shrine on my own site.

(The Butterfly Lord shrines BTW).

madcdcd
16th May 2003, 01:28
You know, Vampmaster has a point. I'd hate to think I went through all those forges just to have them disappear in the next game.
After all, Didn't we all just enjoy getting all the glyphs in SR, only to see them vanish in SR2?:eek:

blincoln
16th May 2003, 01:43
The last time I heard from Chris, he mentioned getting ready for E3. If he's going along with the rest of the team, I wouldn't expect to get any answers until the weekend.

doomswoman1
16th May 2003, 01:44
Hi!
Just a few questions. I almost forgot them
trying to read through all the posts so I don't
repeat what somebody else said. But here goes:

Will there be easy/normal/hard settings?

Will the characters be able to move as fast
as they do in the trailer? A speed setting would
be a real bonus!

I've forgotten the third question. My bad.

Embla
16th May 2003, 07:48
Will there be a separate disc for the bonus material?

Vampmaster
16th May 2003, 11:18
Originally posted by madcdcd
You know, Vampmaster has a point. I'd hate to think I went through all those forges just to have them disappear in the next game.
After all, Didn't we all just enjoy getting all the glyphs in SR, only to see them vanish in SR2?:eek:

But I didn't miss the glyphs that much with them being optional and not part of the plot. However the forges were both compulsory and a large part of the story.

Omega
16th May 2003, 11:54
I missed them. Even if they include them in Defiance as an option - it'd still be cool.

I liked that about SR1. There were always extra things to find. Hell, several years after I first completed it, I found my latest thing the other month (Health piece upgrades, and a few Glyph re-fills and I think a Glyph increaser thingymabob in The Drowned Abby [Rahab's Area]).

So, anyhoo - yeah. It'd be nice to include non-compulsory items :)

Question: Chris, can I post your answers to the questions here on my site please?

saravok
16th May 2003, 12:26
Yesterday I finished Sr2 agian and I noticed a few things.
One of them was that achieving the elemental reavers takes a lot of time in sr2.
I hope that will be different in Defiance.Instead of that time spent on the elemental reavers I think it would be much cooler if there are put in other things like bosses, different puzzles, longer story.
Second more areas, i mean how many times do you have to go through the swamp?

Or Defiance will have both, puzzles like the elemental reavers, bosses etc. Heheh wich it hopefully will.
hmm and that would make this post pretty useless. :p

Chris@Crystal
16th May 2003, 19:07
Hey all,
You have lots and lots and lots of interesting questions about LOK: Defiance. Before I answer any other questions I need to run them by Amy and she is down at E3 for the week. I'll try to get to as many of the questions as I can next week. Of course we will not be revealing anything story wise, including the cast of characters in the game and many questions about Reavers and the like. Also some things are unknown at this point, like the extras that might be with the game. We'll have to see once the game is complete!
Thanks for your patience.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

ZelenGangrel
17th May 2003, 01:00
Hey Chris, just a few gameplay ones for you:

1. The IGN article mentions that we will switch between the characters every few chapters, but we will also be able to have free movement and be able to backtrack to any part of the game we have been to prior. Does that mean that areas you visited as Kain you will be able to revisit as Raziel? And if so, is this part of the gameplay, where abilities or story elements are only visable by the alternate character retracing the previous characters tracks.

2. Will the Elemental Reavers that were in SR2 come into play in Defiance? Or will they pull a disapeering act like the first Fire Reaver did? I'm guessing that if they are included, the missing 3 reavers will be brought in. But if they are, will the rumored abilities missing from (Dark Reaver: Shadow Bridge anywhere, invisiblity) be brought back?

3. Will there be different combos for feeding yourself and feeing your weapon? In other words, is their a kill button (Triangle in SR1) and a Feed button?

Thanks

Mephastophilis
17th May 2003, 17:38
I have a question, though not strictly Defiance-related (an earlier question about voice actors, and the suggestion that they're replaceable, got me worried).

Do the voice actors know how much we love them? If not, is there any way for the message to get through?

Glucolisis
17th May 2003, 19:25
It is to premature but I would like to ask if it is possible to make the port to the PC from the Xbox instead of the PS2, why? Because the xbox has considerably better grafics and sound than the xbox.

Thanks Chris!

Future's Scribe
18th May 2003, 05:57
Originally posted by Glucolisis
It is to premature but I would like to ask if it is possible to make the port to the PC from the Xbox instead of the PS2, why? Because the xbox has considerably better grafics and sound than the xbox.

Thanks Chris!

Personally, I think that directly porting it, from either system, without upgrading the graphics for the PC would suck. I hope that Defiance will take advantage of that Geforce FX I plan on buying.

latchk
18th May 2003, 10:07
Keep dreaming:p

fneh
18th May 2003, 11:21
This is more of mr begging than asking questions:

PLEASE make sure the PAL version of the game has a 60hz option. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!! I don't mind waiting an extra month for this feature, it really is necessary.

thanks!

Blade2642
18th May 2003, 17:46
I just wondered... In the trailer we see Kain drink the blood of nearly dead enemies like in BO1 either through neck biting or by the telekinetic way. So my question is: Will Kain be able to drink the blood of dead wictims as well or will he have to dkink when they are at the edge of death??

Preacher
19th May 2003, 15:55
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but here goes. A lot of people loved the DVD style bonus features that came with SR2. Can we expect something similiar with Defiance?

Chronomancer
19th May 2003, 19:09
Tell me, what do they mean by "Raziel is forced to use his dark side to survive". Would that refer to him being driven evil by the spectral realm or does he start doing evil things to survive. I'm pretty sure the answer is the latter, but I felt that I needed to ask.

Also, does the return of Kain's bat form mean the return of his other forms?

madcdcd
19th May 2003, 22:49
Originally posted by Preacher
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but here goes. A lot of people loved the DVD style bonus features that came with SR2. Can we expect something similiar with Defiance?

And if so, could it be possible to save the end of the game, so as not to have to repeat the final battle and theatrical every time you want to view said bonus features? If it's not too much.:)

Glucolisis
19th May 2003, 22:50
Hi Chris.

Here goes another question,

Will the bodies of the dead bad guys stay in the floor?

Or they dissapear?

What about the blood? A lot of blood around the walls after Kain or Raziel passes would give a cool look to the game and everyone could say: Kain was here:D

hippiechk
20th May 2003, 00:01
I agree. I think it would be cool to have the corpses remain where they fall. And to have the splattered blood remain on walls and floors. Just to give it a more realistic feel. It would be even cooler if when you return to an area you were at earlier, you find the corspes begining to decay and the blood has turned darker after drying and begining to rot. THAT would be wicked cool!

BillyTheSortOfJust
20th May 2003, 05:02
While I agree that it would be cool to have the 'remnants' of battle remain, I'd say it's a safe bet it won't happen.

Any dynamic elements of a level (i.e. bodies, blood, scorchmarks, etc.) would have to have their position information stored in memory. As the game went on and more carnage piled up, more memory would be eaten-up and it wouldn't be long before you'd reached the limit of available memory (especially on the PS2). The designers and programmers have to shoe-horn as much as they can into available memory as is, without persistant dynamic elements. Not to mention the fact that all of that information would need to be stored when you saved the game. There aren't any memory cards available that have enough space for one such game, much less several saved games.

It might be possible to do on the XBox and PC by utilizing the hard drive to store information, but even that might not be practical. And since they'll want to keep it consistent across the different platforms, the systems that can't do it will prevent it from being done on any system.

hippiechk
20th May 2003, 10:29
Yeah, I know. I understand the limitations of memory. And I know to not expect remaining corpses in the game. I was just thinking out loud of how cool it would be IF it could be done.

fneh
20th May 2003, 10:46
It would be nice if the corpses could stay until you started the next chapter though.

From the number of enemies you seem to have to fight though leaving dead bodies around would be asking for trouble.

While it makes sense raziel's wraith blade would devour the enemies as seen in SR2, Kain's reaver can't do this.

In the latest video on IGN it shows kain throwing enemies off a bridge and he only kills one with the reaver I think. The one he impales does stay lead there for the rest of the video. (although that's not very long it seems significantly longer than SR2 managed. Maybe they do stay for a while?

Blade2642
20th May 2003, 12:28
In BO2 the corpses stayed around for a weeeeery long time. Until you saved and quit or until you moved to the next chapter...

Vampmaster
20th May 2003, 18:23
Didn't Chris say that the chapters were just to break up the story and not the areas? It sounded like that data streaming thing where you avoid loading times by loading the areas next to where you are before you get there was still going to be used. If I understood data streaming thing correctly, I think you'd only have loading times if Kain and Raz were in different areas when you switch characters. Anyway, I think they'd want to wipe the data from the last area when the next is streamed so they wouldn't be able to store which bodies are dead through a whole chapter, but maybe until you're more than one area away.

(I don't know why I bothered to read the technical parts, let alone try to understand them! lol)

EDIT: If you explode them with the Soul Reaver they wouldn't leave bodies and if it's a vampire, their body dissolves when you consume their soul anyway. (<- cool effect from SR1, BTW) That just leaves humans and demons who you didn't consume their souls or use the SR on.

I don't really care what happens to the enemies once they're dead. It doesn't effect the story or gameplay if the bodies dissappear.

fneh
21st May 2003, 17:23
Maybe someone that played the game at E3 could answer this one:

does raziel still have a chin under his cloak thing? In SR2 it always bothered me that you could see a full jaw unless he was feeding.
Does everyone remember this? It's particularly noticable on closeups like when raz was repairing the reaver at the start

madcdcd
22nd May 2003, 01:14
Are there any plans to expand the landscape of Nosgoth? That is to say, for a vast empire, it doesn't take an enormously long time to walk from one end to the other.
After SR2, I'm sure we'll see a change in the geography, however large or small. I have to admit that I did miss the warp gates. It made travel much quicker.:cool: But they weren't reeaalllyy a necessary thing, just o-so-handy.
I know, for a fledgling, I ask a lot weird questions.:rolleyes:

Glucolisis
22nd May 2003, 02:31
Will dumah`s power come back?

It was completely useless in Sr2 and I wouldn`t find any use for it in defiance, but just to make Dumah happy and to avoid plot holes.

Lucent
22nd May 2003, 03:15
About the terrain expansion--

I expect we'll see Southwestern Nosgoth in the area of the Seraphan empire seen in Blood Omen 2, mostly because the Vampire Resistance was found around there, and I have no doubt we'll be seeing that time period and that area as Raziel or Kain.

Imagine poor evolvd Kain coming across Umah's corpse...

Perhaps a little Necromancy will fix her up.

darien_specter
22nd May 2003, 05:23
The impression I get in the trailer is of Malek's bastion. I believe that either some article or Chris's answers tell us that Defiance is set in the time of the original Blood Omen, not Blood Omen 2. That also seems logical since this is the SR team back at work, not the team who whipped out BO2; I actually doubt that Amy Hennig has any plans to revisit the world of Meridian, though I could be completly wrong on that guess...

fneh
22nd May 2003, 10:26
just our of curiosity, when you said umah corpse did you mean when it was human?

perhaps kain makes her! did they say at any point who actually did make her?

Vampmaster
22nd May 2003, 11:11
Originally posted by Glucolisis
Will dumah`s power come back?

It was completely useless in Sr2 and I wouldn`t find any use for it in defiance, but just to make Dumah happy and to avoid plot holes.

How about making it so the constrict doesn't harm the enemies. It could let them move around a bit and still attack, but make it so they can't move outside the energy band. Kind of like putting a fence around them. Maybe it would be easier to use if you just had to hold down a button and run to use it instead of having to complete 3 circuits. An incomplete circuit wouldn't completly fence them off. They would still have to walk around it, but at least you would have slowed the enemy down.

Evelin The Winged
22nd May 2003, 15:47
just our of curiosity, when you said umah corpse did you mean when it was human?

perhaps kain makes her! did they say at any point who actually did make her?

Vorador made her.

ZelenGangrel
22nd May 2003, 17:45
Originally posted by darien_specter
The impression I get in the trailer is of Malek's bastion. I believe that either some article or Chris's answers tell us that Defiance is set in the time of the original Blood Omen, not Blood Omen 2. That also seems logical since this is the SR team back at work, not the team who whipped out BO2; I actually doubt that Amy Hennig has any plans to revisit the world of Meridian, though I could be completly wrong on that guess...

Malek's Bastion was my first guess too. But I took a closer look at it. Malek's minions were spirits in armor. They wouldnt have Red blood.

fneh
22nd May 2003, 20:50
I played through malek bastion yesterday actually and I'd say that maleks guards were zombie sarafan warriors. they seem to have the same armour afteralll (and it's quite clear they're not living beings by their lack of lovely blood to feast upon)

blincoln
22nd May 2003, 21:19
I think the area you all are talking about is actually the Sarafan fortress from SR2 - just much nicer-looking because of the improved game engine. It looks like it did in the SR2 concept art. I guess we'll know for sure in about six months though.

fneh
22nd May 2003, 21:24
yeah, I assumed it was the sarafan fortress from SR2 too. But it makes a lot of sense that raziel will kill Malek instead of Vorador so you never know do you? well not yet

Shadow Man
22nd May 2003, 21:41
Originally posted by blincoln
I think the area you all are talking about is actually the Sarafan fortress from SR2 - just much nicer-looking because of the improved game engine. It looks like it did in the SR2 concept art. I guess we'll know for sure in about six months though.

what area are you talking about?

BillyTheSortOfJust
23rd May 2003, 00:00
Originally posted by ZelenGangrel
Malek's Bastion was my first guess too. But I took a closer look at it. Malek's minions were spirits in armor. They wouldnt have Red blood.

I'm enjoy the post-BO LOK series as much as anyone, but since when has Crystal D worried about maintaining absolutely accurate continuity with the details of Silicon Knights' BO1? Soul Reaver was a at one time game about a fallen angel (hence the biblical origins of the name Raziel) that had the LOK universe thrust on it. It shows, too; despite being an enjoyable game, it has VERY little to do with the world of BO1 except the inclusion of Kain. CD has played very loosely with the original details.

So this could be Malek's Bastion (I can hope can't I? It is snowing after all. :D ). They may just not care about the bloodless spirit soldiers of the original.

But as much as I'd like to believe that it's Malek's Bastion, I'd have to agree with Blinc that it looks more like the Sarafan Stronghold of SR2. Architecturally, it has the same Cathederal style as the Sarafan stronghold. Malek's Bastion had a more primitive medieval fortress style to it. Then again, see the above point about CD's disregard of BO1 continuity. :D

----------------------
Billy the Sort-of Just

ZelenGangrel
23rd May 2003, 05:40
If they really didnt care, the Demon's in SR2 would have bled red blood and the Sluagh would bleed period.

As with the skeleton dudes in the temples would have bled red aswell, which they didnt.

So if it were the Bastion, I'm pretty sure they would have paid attention to the detail. And yeah, it just looks like areas of the Stronghold we werent able to reach.

Vampmaster
23rd May 2003, 10:35
It would make sense for the stronghold to be in the game since that's where SR2 left off.

Pepsi Is Evil
23rd May 2003, 12:16
Question: Is Defiance gonna be released around the world simultaneously, or just in the US at first? (or is it too early to say?)

fneh
23rd May 2003, 17:45
most likely it'll be released a month or so earlier in American to the UK because of the need to dub other languages onto it.

Are the other languages dubbed with different voice actors? (a stupid question I know but I can't imagine kain voiced any differently)

Dylan
23rd May 2003, 19:50
I'm guessing there will also be a French and German version, perhaps a Spanish one as well. Japanese?

Bwhaha, a Dutch version would be sooo bad. ;)

Anyway, I truly doubt they'd start recording "foreign" voices late in the production process. Also, burning/printing the game discs for all regions will probably be done somewhere centrally, no time difference then and there either.

It's just the distribution, mostly, where the differentiation occurs. Perhaps some executives believe it's better for sales to launch games and cd's and movies at different points in time. Perhaps they're right.

But the international community appreciates global launches! So hurray for Lord of the Rings and X-Men 2!

We ask you humbly, oh great American Producer, to equally share your computer game goodness with us!

Blade2642
23rd May 2003, 20:36
I hope so. It would realy bug me if those damn americans got the game a month before me!

warpsavant
23rd May 2003, 20:49

Are the other languages dubbed with different voice actors? (a stupid question I know but I can't imagine kain voiced any differently)

Yes, they have different voice actors.

latchk
23rd May 2003, 23:30
I'm just happy they don't do that here in Portugal! :p

CyberFish
23rd May 2003, 23:40
I ought to point out that the location seen in the trailer could well be Malek's Bastion. Remember that SR2 was set just before the destruction of the Circle by Vorador Malek became a spirit trapped in armour. So it's safe to assume that in this time period, Malek's guards would still be living humans.

ZelenGangrel
24th May 2003, 17:09
Heh, never thought of it like that actually. Silly me.

:rolleyes: :cool:

Shadow Man
25th May 2003, 13:06
Originally posted by Blade2642
I hope so. It would realy bug me if those damn americans got the game a month before me!

I don't think they will. You can already pre-order it on www.game.uk.com for november. Not only that but it has the pc versions in there aswell.

ZelenGangrel
25th May 2003, 17:43
You guys know as well as anyone that the country the game is made in gets the game a month or two before the global market.

Japanese games are the same.

Oh and we "Damn Americans" appreciate your comments.

Cheers

:cool:

Blade2642
25th May 2003, 18:36
Oh and we "Damn Americans" appreciate your comments

Sorry then :p

blincoln
26th May 2003, 00:20
We are all damned.

=F

Umah Bloodomen
26th May 2003, 01:36
Originally posted by blincoln
We are all damned.

=F

Isn't that the truth? ;)

brotherturel
26th May 2003, 15:31
Hey Chris I got a couple of questions.

Question: Since the game is suppossed to be more action oriented will the story suffer or can we still expect alot of cutscences like in SR2?
Question: Are there really going to be boss fights like in SR1?
Question: On the bonus features will we be able to see what was taken out of SR1 and 2?
Thank you

Legacy of Kain the best game series out there

fneh
26th May 2003, 18:40
Originally posted by brotherturel
Hey Chris I got a couple of questions.

Question: Since the game is suppossed to be more action oriented will the story suffer or can we still expect alot of cutscences like in SR2?
Question: Are there really going to be boss fights like in SR1?
Question: On the bonus features will we be able to see what was taken out of SR1 and 2?
Thank you

Legacy of Kain the best game series out there

answer: The story is still high priority and will not suffer just because the gameplay has been improved. (see page 1/2 for chris' actual answer to this question)

answer: Yes there are boss fights. (see page 1/2 for this from chris himself)

Suggestion: you been to the lost worlds by any chance? Everything is listed there. We won't see them mention on their own games what they couldn't put on in time will we

and a lot isn't one word:p

EDIT: my Grammar was terrible

Secrets Of Nosgoth
27th May 2003, 05:35
Will there be Blood of Ages fountains?

What about spirit forges?

Will there be civilians to slaughter?

As Kain, can you stun more than one person and suck more than one person's blood at a time?

Lucent
27th May 2003, 21:09
A reoply the the individual who said that Defiance takes place in te original Blood Omen time period--

Yes, I have no doubt that a majority of the games does, however all of the Chronoplast chambers still function, so that clearly means that time-travel is still highly possible. Not to mention where and when they currently are, Moebius is still walking and talking in corporeal form.

Which reminds me... I'm going to enjoy killing him... again...

>.>

<.<

Johnny_anoniem
27th May 2003, 22:18
About the release time difference between countries: I would really hate to see LoK: Defiance being released a lot of time later, because I know a lot of guys who are into warez and ****, and they would be playing LoK: Defiance like a month before me, while I am going to pay for the game. I have to wait longer than those bastards :(, that sounds unfair doesn't that?? :(
This is an important reason why movie companies etc. release their stuff at the same time..

darien_specter
28th May 2003, 00:13
Actually, movie releases are often delayed as well. A friend of mine, whose degree was in film studies, was explaining it all to me recently... X2 was out of the ordinary in that it was released worldwide simultaneously... probably to combat those warez bastards you're describing. This is also why DVDs are in different formats in different parts of the world; they are not released at the same time, and I guess it's somehow a problem if a Brit orders a DVD from the US and pays the extra money in overseas shipping to get it sooner. Or at least, that's how it was explained to me...

fneh
28th May 2003, 09:03
X2 was out everywhere together to combat piracy. You can download movies on kazaa. Games are slightly harder to pirate now they're all on DVD, but I still think all versions should be realeased together unless it meant missing a christmas release for the country of origin or something.

The Amazing Rando
28th May 2003, 17:24
I've got a question, probably not one that can be answered tho.

Will there be any appearance by the Butterfly Lord on a mural or block that may or may not be hidden/semi-hidden? Just wondering if he makes another appearance in secret (or as a character this time *dum-dum-dum*)

fneh
28th May 2003, 17:37
Originally posted by The Amazing Rando
I've got a question, probably not one that can be answered tho.

Will there be any appearance by the Butterfly Lord on a mural or block that may or may not be hidden/semi-hidden? Just wondering if he makes another appearance in secret (or as a character this time *dum-dum-dum*)

I still think he should host a "making of defiance" DVD bonus feature! How cool would that be?

The Amazing Rando
28th May 2003, 21:06
That would be cool, but I was referring to the block thing that had the picture of the vamp on it.

The_Hylden
29th May 2003, 03:17
To Shadow Man:

I don't think they will. You can already pre-order it on www.game.uk.com for november. Not only that but it has the pc versions in there aswell.

This site takes American orders, right? I hope so, do you think it will be faster to buy the PC tittle from them, or from somewhere in the US? Will it cost me more in shipping? This is for anyone who might know, including Chris if he get's time.

Thanks.:)

fneh
29th May 2003, 11:10
don't bother ordering from an english site for a game unless it isn't available at all in the states. I'll be stupidly expensive (and I don't actually think you'll be able to get it shipped because of piracy and stuff (I know amazon.com among others refuse to send USA games to the UK so it might work both ways)

Also:

It'll be out in america first.

The only reason we can pre order it is because it's a much bigger title in the UK than america.

It'll be WAY more expensive. WAY more.

Has anyone noticed the PS2 games are cheapwer than PC games at the moment? kinda off topic but primal is £20 to reward card holders and bloodrayne is the same and no reward card is needed (the PC version is £30).

Shadow Man
29th May 2003, 13:27
Originally posted by The Hylden
To Shadow Man:

This site takes American orders, right? I hope so, do you think it will be faster to buy the PC tittle from them, or from somewhere in the US? Will it cost me more in shipping? This is for anyone who might know, including Chris if he get's time.

Thanks.:)

The price is not up yet, however the usual price of new pc games 34.99 pounds, and 60-70 euro. So to my estimation it would cost approx. $70. But according to fneh this is more than twice what you would be paying so I'd personnaly hold out. And by the way I think that Game is called Eletronic Buotique in America, and they're all becoming Game stores because people prefer the name., I think.

The_Hylden
29th May 2003, 23:04
Thanks Shadow Man and Fneh. I appreciate it.

By the way, Fneh, I too study Kung Fu. Every time I injure myself I say the same thing. What style of Kung Fu is it? I'm studying Tien Shan Pai. It's a northern style.

Quicksilver
30th May 2003, 08:29
Amazon.co.uk (the UK branch of Amazon.com) has the release date of the ps2 version as 14th November - since it's so exact I'm assuming they know more or less what they're talking about ;)
Sadly they didn't have a PC version listed <shrugs>

Future's Scribe
30th May 2003, 09:13
Lucent, (sorry to pick on you, you were just the last one to mention this) of course the Chronoplast chambers still work. In order to get to the BO time frame, they have to travel forward ~530-550 years.

fneh
30th May 2003, 13:06
Originally posted by The Hylden
Thanks Shadow Man and Fneh. I appreciate it.

By the way, Fneh, I too study Kung Fu. Every time I injure myself I say the same thing. What style of Kung Fu is it? I'm studying Tien Shan Pai. It's a northern style.

how did this end up here????

My style is Lau Gar. I think I mentioned it in my post on whatever topic this came from.

I'm not recovering from a training injury though, I had an operation in hospital a few days ago that is stopping me from training. (I'm going to start a MA topic on the community chat before the whole smegging forum gets infested with MA ramblings)

EDIT: it seems I didn't make it clear enough:

THERE'S A MARTIAL ARTS TOPIC ON THE COMMUNITY CHAT. THIS THREAD IS FOR DEFIANCE QUESTIONS, NOT SAYING THAT YOU DO KARATE:rolleyes:

latchk
31st May 2003, 22:53
I practiced Tae Kwon Do for 3 moths.

I liked it but me problem was the lack of flexibility and confidence.
:(

ZeNeR
1st Jun 2003, 07:19
Aren't you guys going just a little bit off topic with this martial arts stuff? If you really like to talk about it, make a proper topic in Community Chat area.

And my question is about the infamous boss fights.
Are the boss fights Blood Omen 2 styled? I kind of liked the boss battles in BO2. You could just whack them and still you had to do something special to harm them.

ZelenGangrel
1st Jun 2003, 15:19
Since the battle system has alot to do with TK attacks and techniques, I'm betting some of the boss battles will include them.

Personally I hope for a mix of human sized and monster sized villians.

Valaquen_
1st Jun 2003, 17:59
Aren't you guys going just a little bit off topic with this martial arts stuff?

Oops, sorry there :D

and I hope the bosses are HUGE! Zephon sized.

Matthew
2nd Jun 2003, 21:56
Just wondering - what did Chris say, when would he try to post a reply? :)

- Matthew

fneh
2nd Jun 2003, 22:40
Originally posted by Matthew
Just wondering - what did Chris say, when would he try to post a reply? :)

- Matthew

he said to be patient. I think that was about 2 weeks ago. Well at least we were answered the first ton of questions. I'm guessing he's not really allowed to answer anymore of the questions or just doesn't know at this point, otherwise there would have been answers already. Afterall, he told us about the trailer music

Vampmaster
3rd Jun 2003, 17:34
He hasn't given us an "all will be revealed in time" or a "this has not been revealed yet" though.

Reaver of Souls
4th Jun 2003, 01:42
Will there be cheats in the game?

If there are, then I'm hoping it will be more along the lines of a bonus that is unlocked after you beat it, ie. cheats only work the second time around. I hope it's like that so that people don't cheat right off the bat or something, because that can ruin a game sometimes.

Kain Domiano
4th Jun 2003, 04:08
Originally posted by Reaver of Souls
Will there be cheats in the game?

If there are, then I'm hoping it will be more along the lines of a bonus that is unlocked after you beat it, ie. cheats only work the second time around. I hope it's like that so that people don't cheat right off the bat or something, because that can ruin a game sometimes.

Ageed... I love having cheats in a game. But I think cheating right from the start is pathetic and cheap. I say earn yuor cheats!

And yes, this my real name, given at birth. In case anyone was wondering. I guess I don't really need a a made-up user name huh?:p

BTW, it's good to be on respectable board such as this one, I hope to talk to all of you regarding this series which I love so much.

Chris@Crystal
5th Jun 2003, 21:37
Hello there,
Sorry I have not been able to answer any questions recently. I have submitted a bunch to Amy Hennig, but she is very busy with Defiance and has yet to get back to me on them. I'd say many of the questions asked might not be answerable at this time. Many things are still being worked on and as far as cheats and extras, that won't be known until just before the game goes out.

I'll try to answer a few questions that I can:

1. I've heard that defiance will be exclusive to XBox for the first 3 months of release. Is this true?
To the best of my knowledge the game will be released at the same time for the PS2 and XBox.

2. Are there any plans to release any type of, map or something with the game?
I've seen maps of some of the areas, no word yet on if a map will be included with the game.

3. Will Kurt & Co still be doing the music? Will there be an official soundtrack released?
Yes, our AV team consists of Kurt Harland, Jim Hedges, and Mike Peaslee. Unknown if there will be a soundtrack at this time.

4. How do you switch from Kain to Raziel? Is it at certain points in the game, or can you switch at will?
It will be at certain points in the game, you will not be able to switch at will.

5. If Raziel of Kain 'die' (game over) what'll happen? Will you just continue playing from the checkpoint or something like in BO2 or...
For the Demo it was a checkpoint system, not yet sure how if will be implemented in the full game.

6. My question, probably unanswerable, is: Are the elemental Reavers still a part of the game? Will we acquire the three we missed the last time, that is, Earth, Water, and Spirit?
We are not answering this. You will have to wait and see. :)

7. How much of a difference in graphics will there be between the 2 console versions?
From what I have seen of the 2 versions, they look virtually identical.

8. What will Kain's health bar be like?
For the demo it was a round circle of blood that emptied as he took damage. Not sure if this will be changed for the final version of the game.

9. Will there be easy/normal/hard settings?
Since the other BO and SR games did not, I do not expect Defiance to have difficulty settings.

10. Will Kain be able to drink the blood of dead victims as well or will he have to drink when they are at the edge of death??
In the demo Kain could only drink blood from enemies when they were almost dead, in their waver state.

11. Will the bodies of the dead bad guys stay in the floor? Or they disappear?
In the Demo the bodies disappeared after a short period of time. I am pretty sure this will also be in the full version.

12. Are the other languages dubbed with different voice actors?
Yes

13. Since the game is supposed to be more action oriented will the story suffer or can we still expect a lot of cutscences like in SR2?
There will still be lots of story and cinematics. The story will not suffer, I believe the team just wants to make the game even more fun!

14. Are there really going to be boss fights like in SR1?
There will be boss fights, can't tell you exactly how they will be.

15. Will there be any appearance by the Butterfly Lord on a mural or block that may or may not be hidden/semi-hidden?
Great question. You'll have to wait and see. :)

So these are answers from me, not Amy. We'll see when and if she will have time to answer any of the questions I might have missed. But you can keep asking more, just not sure if and when I will be able to answer them.
Take care and thanks for your interest in Defiance!
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Embla
5th Jun 2003, 21:59
Thanks alot Chris.

The Amazing Rando
6th Jun 2003, 00:40
Thanks again Chris, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about people stopping asking that Q, it doesn't seem to help just to tell them. Good luck with that anyway.;)

Reaper007
6th Jun 2003, 19:03
new question:

Will Kain be able to drink blood from anyone ala BO2, or will he have to be more discriminating? For example drinking the blood of peasents or the sick would inturn harm Kain, as drinking the blood of noble men/women would aid Kain.

Reaper007

punkst4r
8th Jun 2003, 04:45
What kind of gifts will kain and raziel be learning? Will it only be for their reavers or something like in BO2?

fneh
8th Jun 2003, 14:31
when can we expect a PLAYABLE cover disc (in the UK)?
This is all I want to know now until the game is finlly released

Fifer
8th Jun 2003, 17:47
Chris,

Will we be able to re-play cutscenes and voice-overs in Defiance, or will there only be a text script-like chronicle of previously viewed cutscenes? I ask because the deliciously complicated storyline of SR2 had me going back several times to a few of the cut scene scripts to clarify what I saw, but I hated having to read that small print all the time. Please say Defiance will be more like Blood Omen 1. Thanks.

The Amazing Rando
8th Jun 2003, 17:53
Originally posted by Fifer
Chris,

Will we be able to re-play cutscenes and voice-overs in Defiance, or will there only be a text script-like chronicle of previously viewed cutscenes? I ask because the deliciously complicated storyline of SR2 had me going back several times to a few of the cut scene scripts to clarify what I saw, but I hated having to read that small print all the time. Please say Defiance will be more like Blood Omen 1. Thanks.

I would seriously doubt it. It'd be impractical to do.

There was a little discussion about it here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=9637) , tho it gets OT at the end.

punkst4r
8th Jun 2003, 18:21
About the bat gift from BO1 returning. How does it work in defiance? Can we fly where ever we want at any time? or Are there certain times and places where we can use it?

I haven't played BO1 so I don't know how it works.

Matthew
8th Jun 2003, 19:27
In BO-LOK it had only practical use, not much visual. You could not steer, Kain merely turned into bats and then You could select a place to re-visit. Kinda like Warp Gates in LOK-SR.

- Matthew

punkst4r
8th Jun 2003, 20:37
Do you guys think that LOKD will end like SR2 leaviing us to wonder what will happen next?

What about the games after LOKD? do you think that we will be able to play as kain and raziel too or atlest a new vampire?

Matthew
8th Jun 2003, 21:37
Does anybody know what new weapons will there be in Doom XII? I'd really like to know.

Dude, LOK-D is far from being released yet and You're already asking questions about the following ones? Take it easy now, skipper.

- Matthew

punkst4r
9th Jun 2003, 00:26
Hey I was just asking for your opinion..Just to see what everyone else thought.I wasn't looking for a professional answer.

punkst4r
9th Jun 2003, 01:06
Will kain be as badd @$$ as he seems on the soulreaver series?
Hopefully they won't make him weaker just because he's a playable charcter.

punkst4r
9th Jun 2003, 01:08
Even though it doesn't matter I hope that kain and raziel won't have a similar health bar because that will just be annoying.

Fifer
9th Jun 2003, 02:48
Originally posted by The Amazing Rando
I would seriously doubt it. It'd be impractical to do.

OK, apparently our definition of cut scene is different: I include FMV in that category. While the "in-game" cut scenes may be harder to do, Eidos could easily allow the player to replay the FMV like in BO1. Hardly impractical, but very beneficial in times where the cinema viewing was interrupted the first time through, or some time has passed since playing the game last.

The Amazing Rando
9th Jun 2003, 06:20
Yes, it would be easy for FMV playback, if the cutscenes were FMVs, but that would be basically pointless as for SR1/2 the only real FMV was the intro IIRC.

The cinematics in SR2 were all in-game, and if you want to read more about it, you can try this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=16987) thread. Again, cinematics w/ game engine= no playback----basically all cinematics in the games (excluding BO1)=w/game engine, thus the text dark diary.

Kain The Undying
9th Jun 2003, 12:18
I haven't read the whole thread, and if this has already been answered feel free to kick me @_@; Do we know if Kain's Lupine form will be back? or any of his other forms for that matter besides the bat which I read about in another thread? >: ) I always liked shape changing. >.> Does anyone think this won't be a good game? ::hides a knife behind his back and blinks his eyes innocently before laughing madly::

Zephonim
9th Jun 2003, 22:31
Hi im a newbie been reading these forums for a while now and i want to ask this (if someone already has then apologies cause ive looked hard enough to find it)
Is the events of Blood Omen 2 caused by the events that happen in soul reaver 2 or had this part of Kains History been kept quiet untill now????

thanx

only when you have felt the full gravity of choice should you dare question my judgement : Raziel meets Kain

Raz
9th Jun 2003, 23:31
punkst4r:

[Pssst...]

Use the "edit" feature instead of making multiple posts... ;)

Zephonim:

Yes, Blood Omen 2 is the result of Soul Reaver 2... ;)

punkst4r
10th Jun 2003, 02:30
Do the new improvements in defiance mean for the reavers or new vampiric gifts?

The Amazing Rando
10th Jun 2003, 03:38
Originally posted by punkst4r
Do the new improvements in defiance mean for the reavers or new vampiric gifts?

Why don't you actually try looking at this thread where he's already answered this question.:rolleyes:

Chris@Crystal
15. In SR2 there were promises that elemental reavers would have some influence in the battle but it was cut out. Will elemental reavers have any battle abilities in this installation? It would be way too cool...

A)Yes, both characters acquire weapon enhancements over the course of the game which enable new mechanics within combat.

16. Will Raziel or Kain have spells/glyphs?

A)Not in the SR1 sense, no -- but both characters have a number of supernatural abilities and combat mechanics that approximate the function of SR1's glyphs.

17. Is Kain toned down to make the game a challenge or does he have a ton of dark gifts that compensate for his lack of reaver upgrades and ability to shift planes, scale walls, swim etc.

A)This is the powerful, evolved Kain people know from the SR series. We haven't "dumbed him down" to make him a playable character -- we've given him a suite of abilities which we feel encapsulate his swordsmanship, effortless strength and sorcery, without trying to include every single ability he's ever had in the LoK series (that would be impossible - what are there, 50 of them or something?)

22. Will the upgrades for Raziel and Kain be in the same place where the other character found their upgrade? If so will it provide the same abilities for both characters or will they both receive different upgrades for each of their own reavers?

A)Raziel and Kain have different paths through the game -- sometimes they visit the same areas, and sometimes not. They acquire their weapon enhancements in different ways.

Vampmaster
10th Jun 2003, 20:47
We already know there's goint to be weapon enhancements in the game. However I think punkst4r was asking if there any combat abilities that don't involve the Reavers. The vampiric gifts (other than the ones involving weapons) that we know of so far include telekinisis and Kains bat form. There have been screenshots of Kain feeding at the neck and sucking blood from a distance like in BO1 and 2. We don't yet know if Raziels "weapon enhancements" will be in the form of elemental Reavers like in SR2. And if they are, we don't know if they will have any use other than for combat. We also know that Raz will shift realms differently that in SR1 and 2. It has been suggested that he does this by possessing the bodies of others and warping their bodies into his own. Other dark gifts are unknown.

Well that's my summary. Someone let me know if it's inaccurate.

punkst4r
10th Jun 2003, 22:16
That's exacly what I was asking.

What is the big difference between the neck bite and the telekenetic blood suck? Does it have to do anything with the state at which the victim is or just so that it looks better?

Can you choose either? or do they know when it's necessary?

Vampmaster
12th Jun 2003, 17:47
I have no idea. Maybe you get more blood from the neck bite or maybe the other method's more like the blood gout where there's a penalty for it.

El Arrecho
12th Jun 2003, 18:35
Does the game will have the Close-Up when you impale an enemy, like in SR1?
It looked very dramatic!!

someguysteve
12th Jun 2003, 20:26
I have no idea. Maybe you get more blood from the neck bite or maybe the other method's more like the blood gout where there's a penalty for it.

maybe the neck bite is when you're close and/or performing a stealth attack and the telepathic thing is from a distance.

Does the game will have the Close-Up when you impale an enemy, like in SR1?

and also different ways of impalling them instead of just one way like in sr1

El Arrecho
13th Jun 2003, 04:47
I'm really glad to have diferent ways to finish an enemy, not only to impale them, but what I really miss is the CLOSE-UP when you finish an oponent. I miss that in SR2.

punkst4r
15th Jun 2003, 02:42
I read a forum in www.ign.com saying that kain and raziel would have teleportation abilities, so I want to know if they were talking about the realm switching and the bat form.

Umah Bloodomen
15th Jun 2003, 03:14
Questions are now being directed in this thread. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17467)

Kindly keep them there in order to make them easier for Chris to respond to. And the answer to your question is listed in the beginning of that thread, as far as Chris will comment on it.

punkst4r
15th Jun 2003, 03:24
Just because kain can travel long distances doesn't make it teleportation.That's why I was asking.

The Amazing Rando
15th Jun 2003, 03:30
Originally posted by punkst4r
Just because kain can travel long distances doesn't make it teleportation.That's why I was asking.

And the answer to your question is listed in the beginning of that thread, as far as Chris will comment on it.

Take notice of what I bolded. Don't bother asking Q's that have already been answered, it's a waste of everyone's time, especially Chris' if he has to come answer. As Umah pointed out, I posted the answer in an easy to find place, and notice what I put at the beginning of that thread:

These have already been answered by Chris, so you can quit asking these.

Again, notice the bolded text. :rolleyes:

Umah Bloodomen
15th Jun 2003, 03:36
Allow me to also draw you a picture. :o

EDIT: Rando, beat me, but I am keeping this here.

The questions of Teleportation and Plane Shifting were raised in the other thread. (With me so far?)

I provided you a link to that thread, where the responses to questions that have already been answered are archived. (Did I lose you yet?)

Chris commented on both issues you just asked. (Still with me?)

Those answers are in that thread I provided. (How about now?)

If Chris could give anymore information than what he already has, it would be there. (Understand?)

Again, Questions are now being asked in the thread I provided. (Get it?)

Instead of asking repetative questions, and pulling this eloquent trolling behavior, take the time to read the other thread, where the answers are archived before wasting forum space. (Am I still speaking English?)

Chris has better things to do with his time than to return on Monday to the same questions (that he's already answered to the best of his ability) over and over and over. (Was this enunciated enough for you?)

Zephonim
15th Jun 2003, 10:56
here here Umah rotflmao
You tell em !!!!!!!!!!!

cycko
16th Jun 2003, 06:07
Please pardon my interference as I am new, but since the topic of this thread appears to be asking Chris question about Defiance why hasn't it been closed? After all, this thread has been released from the top of the forum, and a new questions thread has been pinned in its place. That indicates that this thread has become archival. Besides, all the questions asked here have been posted in the new thread with their answers no less. Just a little curiosity from a newbie.

The Amazing Rando
16th Jun 2003, 06:18
It could be closed, but people could also just stop posting in it and it would drift down the list into obscurity. Really, there isn't much of a reason for it to be closed, I guess, and it's completely possible that Chris figured he didn't need to, as people would see the new thread and just let this one die. Who knows,. No reason to leave it open, no reason to close it. Right now it's like the "Why is Vorador in BO2?" question, there's just no answer. :)

Edit: Welcome to the forums, BTW.:D ;)