PDA

View Full Version : Kain Has The Blood Reaver?????

fneh
7th May 2003, 19:51
I'm somewhat dissapointed it's not the soul reaver. It means raziel's soul WASN'T twinned inside the blade as makes so much sense from SR2s ending and means we all know at least one ending is going to involve kain's sword and raziels chest....unless they somehow manage to transfer the wraith blade into the blood reaver.

basically: RAZIEL IS GOING TO DIE :(

Umah Bloodomen
7th May 2003, 20:01
Why does it seem like I am the only one not that upset by the fact the jawless-wonder is doomed? :confused: ;)

Besides, I've already mentioned my take on the matter in a few different threads. That's just how it goes, I suppose.

Chris@Crystal
7th May 2003, 20:05
Fneh,
The game is not even out yet and you are disappointed? Give us a chance here. :)
The LOK: Defiance team are the music makers and the weavers of dreams. You'll really have to play the game to see the magic.
Take care.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Vampmaster
7th May 2003, 20:10
I don't think you would have WB makes SR makes WB makes SR makes WB makes SR makes WB makes SR... That'd be a cycle with no beginning or end. I think it would have to be Raz makes SR, SR breaks and becomes WB then Raz let's go of it when he's on his way in to make it in the first place. Of course if they do what I suggested in another thread, the Reaver will possess pre-SR1 Kain and be the one who got him inside the chronoplast where Kain found out that he had to dunk Raz in the abyss in the first place and then he goes travelling through time to fighting his enemies in another sequel. Or maybe Kains plan to just give the reaver a portion of Raziel's soul will work the second time.

blincoln
7th May 2003, 20:11
The LOK: Defiance team are the music makers and the weavers of dreams.

That's the best quote (paraphrase?) from Charlie and the Chocolate factory =).

Chris is right. The team that is working on this game are the best of the best. It's too bad everybody can't visit the Crystal Dynamics offices, because you'd see for yourselves. They won't disappoint us.

N0V4
7th May 2003, 20:13
*cough*raziel = a weakling whiner *cough*

I say he can die anytime anywhere.

fneh
7th May 2003, 20:14
sorry chris but I just saw it that the reaver was forged for the last 18 months. It makes more sense for the following reasons:

1. It means I don't know the 2 endings to defiance before I've played it.

2. it means I was right and Umah was wrong (worth starting the game again for surely!:D )

3. It explains why it was only that brief second when kain could have pulled out the reaver instead of waiting until
my soul was both inside and outside the reaver blade when he could have technically yanked the thing out at any time UP TO when he did do.

Or is there something we don't know yet?

I really am hoping I'm wrong cos I know SR2 was NOTHING I expected (but I didn't really think about it) it would be

maybe someone here can explain why kain had to wait to pull the reaver out at that precise moment for me?

N0V4
7th May 2003, 20:17
SR2 wasnt what I expected eitehr....but that is just in combat.

blincoln
7th May 2003, 20:20
I thought the multiple endings thing was just a rumour at this point?

fneh
7th May 2003, 20:22
well yeah it is. I didn't mean to get that old rumour started again but it's making more and more sense now that I was wrong about the soul reaver being forged...

N0V4
7th May 2003, 20:27
Gah!

Leave you guys for 1 month and dont get anythign anymore :D

fneh
7th May 2003, 20:28
Originally posted by N0V4
Gah!

Leave you guys for 1 month and dont get anythign anymore :D

.......what?

blincoln
7th May 2003, 20:31
I think we'll just have to wait and see. I'm 99.99999% sure that no one would have guessed the story of SR2 up until it was released, and I'm sure it will be similar with Defiance. I mean, I didn't even know where SR2 was going until the last cinematic.

fneh
7th May 2003, 20:35
yeah I know what you mean about SR2. I knew pretty early on that raziel would kill himself. It just fit, but the thing with the reaver? I was totally shocked. Not quite as shocked as a certain scene at the end of final fantasy 7 (disc 1) mind

warpsavant
8th May 2003, 01:26
Originally posted by fneh 5/4/2003 10:52:22 AM at GFAQ's

al I can say about that is "I TOLD YOU SO EIDOS FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!" no wwho's stupid!? NYA!!!

I'm done now...................

Would you like to retract this statement now?

Edit: http://s1.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=36144&topic=7793262&page=3

Umah Bloodomen
8th May 2003, 03:53
**chuckles**

fneh
8th May 2003, 11:05
I hate you all.....

fneh
8th May 2003, 11:52
kain waited until raziel's soul was
"both instide and outside the reaver blade" so kain could still forge the reaver with a portion of raziel's soul rather than sacrificing him.

When raziel saw the reaver still bound to his arm many assumed that what raziel said was true. Raziel didn't know kain was trying to forge the reaver AND save raziel. If kain had been sucessful in forging the soul reaver (while saving raziel) then it would still be bound to lil raziel's arm in the same way.

understand? (this is where it gets confusing until we get defiance)

Now on all screens for defiance the reaver looks different (no arm band). this could either be because the game isn't complete yet or because kain managed to trap most of raziel in the blade (as opposed to all of him) so the reaver attached to his arm is only a % of raziel's soul now. I'm sure that the entire reaver being on raziels arm at the end of the game was just because it wasn't practical to remove the arm band for 5 seconds (and we would all notice it) when they can just show a cut scene at the start of SR3 to explain it all.

If I'm right this would explain how there is no arm band, how raziel can survive his torment within the blade and why the reaver won't drain raziel's life when it's 'arroused'

Vampmaster
8th May 2003, 12:12
It was half way into the blade not split in two like Kain thought it would be. So when he pulled it out, the half inside the blade came back out of it. Well that's at least my explanation.

warpsavant
8th May 2003, 17:37
Originally posted by fneh
I hate you all.....

Well, we don't really like you either. But what do we know, we are stupid. :p

I agreee with Vampmaster, again.

Glucolisis
8th May 2003, 17:49
Originally posted by blincoln
I think we'll just have to wait and see. I'm 99.99999% sure that no one would have guessed the story of SR2 up until it was released, and I'm sure it will be similar with Defiance. I mean, I didn't even know where SR2 was going until the last cinematic.

There was a guy called time000, some of the oldest might remember him, that wrote a fanfiction and he predicted EXACTLY what the game was about without leaving anything out.

So there is your 0.00001%

Glucolisis
8th May 2003, 17:54
Originally posted by Vampmaster
It was half way into the blade not split in two like Kain thought it would be. So when he pulled it out, the half inside the bade came back out of it. Well that's at least my explanation.

It`s a very good idea but i think that it was enough to convert it into the soul reaver. The blood reaver wouldn`t be as strong as the soul reaver so for gaming porpuse it is better the soul reaver.

But if it is not, I`m fine with it, CD knows how to do things.

N0V4
8th May 2003, 17:54
Hah!
But does he know Kain wears pink underwear?

So there!

warpsavant
8th May 2003, 18:05
Originally posted by Glucolisis
It`s a very good idea but i think that it was enough to convert it into the soul reaver. The blood reaver wouldn`t be as strong as the soul reaver so for gaming porpuse it is better the soul reaver.

But if it is not, I`m fine with it, CD knows how to do things.

Que? Chris said it was the BR. Also, for gaming purposes its probably better if the weapon isnt "all mighty" so the Blood Reaver is a better choice by your own logic.

Vampmaster
8th May 2003, 18:29
Making Raz invincable seems pretty all mighty to me.

warpsavant
8th May 2003, 18:49
Raziel dont have it, Kain does. For all we know it acts like Blood Shower.

Matthew
8th May 2003, 19:11
Here's my two cents regarding this matter.

Fneh ...

... please stop being so pessimistic. :)

As Chris stated - the game's not out yet and already someone's whining. I mean, cut some slack here, mate.

(My sarcastic side would like to add a big flashy NEWSFLASH sign ontop of the "Raziel will die!" thingy :p)

And saying that You hate all ... oh well You know ...

- Matthew

Valaquen_
8th May 2003, 20:18
Maybe Kain waited for half of Raz's soul to go into the Reaver, imbueing it and saving Raziel

Matthew
8th May 2003, 20:27
That is, probably, what Kain intended to do.

But as Chris already stated - it's the BLOOD REAVER, not the SOUL REAVER. So it only sucky-sucky blood, no sucky-sucky souls. :p

PS - You can also read, as I recall, that the spirit uncoiled itself from the Reaver (end of SR2) from Dark Chronicle.
Again - as I recall.

- Matthew

fneh
8th May 2003, 21:02
Matthew:

saying "I hate you all" was a joke...it was my way of saying I'm dumb for saying that comment and even dumber for not deleting it before making this thread,

and I'm not being pessimistic about the game at all. quite th eopposite. I just don't like being wrong:p :D

Glucolisis
8th May 2003, 22:30
Originally posted by warpsavant
Que? Chris said it was the BR. Also, for gaming purposes its probably better if the weapon isnt "all mighty" so the Blood Reaver is a better choice by your own logic.

I didn`t know that he said that.

I hope that the BR could do some interesting things not just suck blood and cut some skin.

That means that in some moment of the game Raziel will die!

I know that it is not a big discovery but I guess that is going to happen.

_Morgoth_87
9th May 2003, 01:39
I for one will not miss that undead blue smurf!:rolleyes:

warpsavant
9th May 2003, 02:13
Does everyone really think Raz is going to die? Since when is the most obvious answer the answer in LOK? Maybe they can put some other soul devouring thing in there, who knows. It appears Raziel MUST DIE(be trapped), so I doubt that happens. It really does look like he has to die though. :D

Umah Bloodomen
9th May 2003, 02:16
No silly, Raziel will live on in the blade. He simply must! **sigh**

Yes, this was sarcasm. :D

What if we put a soul-devouring Yabba Jabba thing in there? :p

warpsavant
9th May 2003, 02:22
I think the pink Yabba Jabaa or the Elder God might work.

Omega
9th May 2003, 12:43
Originally posted by blincoln
Chris is right. The team that is working on this game are the best of the best. It's too bad everybody can't visit the Crystal Dynamics offices, because you'd see for yourselves. They won't disappoint us.

... you forgot an extra 'of the best, Sir!' ;)

I totally agree with you though. CD has turned out a majority of the best games on the market, second to none.

Capcom has a reputation for dodgy camera angles (just look at DMC) and the Res Evil series (although these wern't that bad).

And those are the only ones I'm familiar with...

fneh
9th May 2003, 15:49
oh, don't remind me on capcom camera angles *shudder*

DMC comes flooding back..............."the meeeeeeeeeeeeeeediciiiiiiiiiiiiine!!! quickly!!!!"

N0V4
9th May 2003, 19:02
Well living inside a blade shouldnt be that bad...remember....scream of a 1000 virgins in BO....belive me, he IS happy :D