PDA

View Full Version : Chris@Crystal, I have a couple of questions

ZeNeR
6th May 2003, 20:31
You said you could answer in some questions about LoKD, which ain't releated to the story (I don't want any spoilers either). So I have simple question for you considering the gameplay.

I'm now repeating myself as I post this text below. It's altered in form of a question.

1. Will we have boss fights?
2. In SR2 there were promises that elemental reavers would have some influence in the battle but it was cut out. Will elemental reavers have any battle abilities in this installation? It would be way too cool...
3. Will Raziel or Kain have spells/glyphs?
4. Will the world be interactive and non-linear? Is it more closer to SR1 or SR2?
5. Any Secrets included? I loved to explore the SR1 in order to fnd all the power-ups!

I don't expect you to give very much details, just a brief comment is okay but even Yes and No answers are accepted.

I'm now a week off my PC, so take your time while pondering the answers. ;)

[Edit: Questions about what...]

Chris@Crystal
6th May 2003, 22:34
Hey ZeNeR,
I do not have all the answers on LOK: Defiance, but I'll see what I can do here:
1. Will we have boss fights?
This has not been revealed yet, but I sure hope so. :)
2. In SR2 there were promises that elemental reavers would have some influence in the battle but it was cut out. Will elemental reavers have any battle abilities in this installation? It would be way too cool...
Has not been revealed yet.
3. Will Raziel or Kain have spells/glyphs?
I do not know about this.
4. Will the world be interactive and non-linear? Is it more closer to SR1 or SR2?
The world is very interactive. Not sure what you mean by closer to, it is on it's own. :)
5. Any Secrets included? I loved to explore the SR1 in order to fnd all the power-ups!
The reason they call them secrets is because.... they are secret. You'll probably have to play the game to find out.

Take care.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Vampmaster
7th May 2003, 11:14
Chris, any idea how long the game will be and will there be ANY elemental reavers even if earth, water and spirit get left out? I'm OK with the reaver being the only weapon if the different elements are there to help compensate. The new moves look cool.

fneh
7th May 2003, 13:20
Yeah the elemental reavers havn't even been mentioned yet were the most important part of SR2. It would seem a little silly to leave them out.

here's a few more questions to keep me quiet for a while:

1. Is it true that the soul reaver is the only weapon for each character? can both characters fight with their bare hands?

2. Can you pick up enemies again like in BO2?

3. Is kain toned down to make the game a challenge or does he have a ton of dark gifts that compensate for his lack of reaver upgrades and ability to shift planes, scale walls, swim etc.

4. I know this isn't going to get an answer but I HAVE to ask:
do I get SHIFT AT WILL for raziel??? I LOVE using that ability (cheating to obtain it obviously) on the other games and SR2 had so few portals it became incredibly frustrating having to travel so far back (it was often easier to let the monsters kill you so you got teleported to a shift portal)

5. when is the game expected to be out? Are delays likely? or worse yet; cuts to meet the deadline?

6. when will the official website be online?

that'll keep me quiet for a while. I have to go do uni work anyway. Thanks!

Vampmaster
7th May 2003, 14:59
Oh, don't worry about the SAW. Even if it's not built in I can find one. My enhanced SAW didn't even need the one built into SR2 so I bet I can do the same with SR3.

Valaquen_
7th May 2003, 17:52
Hey guys, Hey Chris
don't want tbarrage you with questons so hers one:
(Don't need to answer mind)

Will old Lok characters get cameos?

Chris@Crystal
7th May 2003, 19:28
Hey guys,
Here are a few answers to some of your questions:

1. Yes, old LoK characters will get cameos. Can't tell you who yet.

2. Raziel and Kain do not fight with their bare hands. Why would you, when you've got the Reaver? :)

3. Kain has plenty of powerful vampiric abilities. This is the evolved Kain. I've seen many of them and they are really cool!

4. Both characters acquire Reaver enhancements over the course of the game, which expand their combat abilities.

5. Yes, there will be bosses in the game. Can't say who yet.

6. Yes, there are secrets and bonus items. But you'll have to find them.

Sorry I can not answer all of your questions, but at least I can talk about the game now. Remember, sometimes it is better to wait for the game then to learn everything about it before hand. :)
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

blincoln
7th May 2003, 19:31
This just gets better and better. Thanks Chris!

fneh
7th May 2003, 19:35
wow. thanks chris!

I have to say I'm a little dissapointed about not being able to use my bare hands. Does this mean the reaver doesn't drain raziels life anymore? I heard the reavers need to feed too. If you can't fight without the reaver how do you stop the reaver feeding instead of yourself? Oh yeah, About the reaver feeding: Does the reaver get powerful for a limited amount of time like SR2s reaver (then go weaker again until more souls are absorbed) or does it gradually become more and more powerful?

N0V4
7th May 2003, 19:37
*sigh*
I guess hoping to see Turel in vampiric form wont be in....ever.

But Anyways.

1 question.

Kains Teleportation spell.
Will it be in?

Oh and Raziel doesnt have the reaver, Kain does.
Raziel has his soul attached to his arm
:D

Vampmaster
7th May 2003, 19:54
Originally posted by fneh
wow. thanks chris!

I have to say I'm a little dissapointed about not being able to use my bare hands. Does this mean the reaver doesn't drain raziels life anymore? I heard the reavers need to feed too. If you can't fight without the reaver how do you stop the reaver feeding instead of yourself? Oh yeah, About the reaver feeding: Does the reaver get powerful for a limited amount of time like SR2s reaver (then go weaker again until more souls are absorbed) or does it gradually become more and more powerful?

Maybe if you use the finishing move the Reaver gets the soul (therefore rvr meter goes up) and if you don't, Raziel can have it.

Chris, my question about elemental Reavers wasn't related to combat. I meant is there still stuff like where you can use the light reaver as a flashlight and the air reaver to get through swamp water. Having it change colours in SR2 was cool too. It wouldn't make sense to me to have the forges such a big part of the plot in SR2 and then pretend they didn't happen in SR3. I know you probably can't say, but is constrict back? How about if it didn't stun enemies, just make it so they're OK, but can't go out of the bounds of the energy band.

ThunderDemon
8th May 2003, 06:13
Will the upgrades for Raziel and Kain be in the same place where the other character found their upgrade? If so will it provide the same abilities for both characters or will they both receive different upgrades for each of their own reavers?

Will the missing elemental reavers for Raziel be put into this game (i.e. earth, water, and spirit reaver)? Will the other elemental reavers be brought back for this game?

Will Turel make an appearance in this game? If so, how big will his role be?

Besides the features of the game will there be a soundtrack to Legacy of Kain: Defiance?

Valaquen_
8th May 2003, 20:20
Yeah Turel just has to make an appearence,
Also when will us UK gamers get the game? Will it be winter also?

saravok
8th May 2003, 21:31
Hey

1 Are Kain and Raziel able to make stealth kills, like in Bo and Sr? Or at least able sneak up to an enemy without being spotted directly as in sr2?

2 Will there be any other vampires in the game (not Turel, vorador etc.) among the enemies?

3 More human civilians as in Sr?

That's about it seems all the other things I hoped for are allready
there. Like bosses yeah, interactive world...

Vampmaster
9th May 2003, 11:44
Originally posted by leazy
Yeah Turel just has to make an appearence,
Also when will us UK gamers get the game? Will it be winter also?

SR2 came out in the UK a week after the US. It should be the same with Defiance, I think.

Abellah
10th May 2003, 05:53
Figured this was as good a place to ask a question without starting another thread...

What do you guys mean by chapters? Are you referring to how it was like in BO2 with the different levels which counted as chapters?

Edit: I got the answer...

I'd be okay with it IF.... you could go back to previous areas. BO2 was a fun game, but Kain was dragged around by the nose WAY too much by the way the levels were designed, I'm suprised he didn't chop anybody's head off with the Soul Reaver. Oh wait, he did- Iron Armour cheat :D

But if the world(s) of Nosgothic is somewhere between BO1 and SR2, I'll be happy.

ZeNeR
10th May 2003, 08:09
You should read the threads marked with important text and ask your questions in The super magical "ask The Butterfly Lord" thread, so Chris won't be having hard time in finding our questions.

Originally posted by Abellah
I'd be okay with it IF.... you could go back to previous areas.

But if the world(s) of Nosgothic is somewhere between BO1 and SR2, I'll be happy.

You actually will be able to get in previous areas in LoKD. Chris@Crystal has made clear that exploration of the surroundings can be rewarding. This means that power-ups from SR1 are back!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by your last line but it's confirmed that this game will take place in time of original Blood Omen!

Abellah
10th May 2003, 08:29
I actually... did... hence the edit, and the rest of the post is mostly a rant.

I meant gameplay wise, the areas will be large. In BO1, Kain travels a fair distance in his wonderings. It seemed smaller due to the 3D system in SR1, but in SR2 it had the similier lushness I got from playing BO1. The land in SR2 was still only about a third of what Kain travelled in BO1, though, so I'm hoping for something as expansive as SR2 with the varied lands of BO1.

<shrugs>

Raz
10th May 2003, 12:34
Originally posted by Vampmaster
SR2 came out in the UK a week after the US. It should be the same with Defiance, I think.

I think it was more than a week... ;)

I remember having to avoid SR2 forums all over the place! :p

fneh
10th May 2003, 13:55
SR2 was released a month after the Us in the UK if memory serves. BO2 was released only a week after the USA release (tho I had the game I couldn't play it for 2 weeks because I was waiting for a New Ps2 to arrive cos my first one got stolen)

N0V4
10th May 2003, 17:19
Yeah,

Only BO2 release suited my grave for more kain!

Vampmaster
10th May 2003, 17:25
Was it supposed to be a week and got delayed for 3 more? Anyway it wasn't 6 or more months like with some games.

ZeNeR
10th May 2003, 20:43
Wait! I have a better idea! How about learning Chinese, the most common language in world! Or maybe Swedish, so you could chat with Swedes, Norwegians and Danes!

Get a hold on yourselves! :mad:
There are over 6 billion people in this world besides you! Don't be an arse!

Grey Mouser
11th May 2003, 03:03
Please Note:

This is not the place to debate politics, racism or the applicability and usefullness of the various spoken dialects of Homo Sapiens.

This is a gaming forum. Please treat it as such.

N0V4
11th May 2003, 14:49
My question is...will it be a world wide launch?
So we dont have to wait for the game to be translated for the minority?