PDA

View Full Version : An observation about LOK: Defiance.

Lozza Mate
6th May 2003, 08:37
First of all, I'm not sure if this is against forum rules or how long this thread may last. Some members may also have a problem with the thread because of the recent deluge of "SR3!!" threads.

If it is against forum rules, sorry.
If members have a problem, ah well.

anyway, on to the point:
Below is a screenshot of LOK:defiance that was in the recent article from PSM and I noticed something: Is it just me, or does it seem like CD may have changed the classic "BO1/2" blood sucking technique and made the change to the old school 'bite on the neck' method? If so I'm a little annoyed, I always liked the LOK style feeding :/

as you can see, Kain appears to be feeding at the neck:

blincoln
6th May 2003, 10:51
There are a ton of images that show the telekinetic feeding. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Anubis_Orr
6th May 2003, 12:29
Maybe it's a new stealth-kill move and he's ripping out his throat :D

Vampmaster
6th May 2003, 13:14
Maybe it's like how Raz could sip humans souls in SR1 with out killing them. Maybe when Kain does it the other way it takes all their blood.

Lady Kreliana
6th May 2003, 17:37
Maybe they've decided to put both types of feeding in the game.

Chris@Crystal
6th May 2003, 19:02
Hey,
In LOK: Defiance, Kain can both feed at the neck and pull blood from his victims from a distance. He can even pull blood while floating in the air. The animations and the sound effects for the neck bite are fantastic.
Just thought I would update you.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Raz
6th May 2003, 19:24
Kain can drink whilst floating in the air? I assume you mean he can drink whilst he's using his float ability, presented in Blood Omen 2...? :D

Esoteric
6th May 2003, 19:27
Neck biting.... Woot!!! :D :D

jesta
6th May 2003, 20:00
Sounds good to have the clasic vampire method of feeding as an option.
At last we can see Kain sink his teeth into a victim.. Cool :cool:

L_Master562
6th May 2003, 20:38
He had both in Bo1. One for magic though. Nice touch if added. Great to know this game is official now and with all the info comming out now. Can't wait for images I can see though. Too slow to catch this stuff. Wait, there's images in the new PSM, right? I live down the street from a Giant. I have stuff to get later anyways, so I could get one.