PDA

View Full Version : The Project Eden fan website

The General
5th May 2003, 21:37
www.sic-alliance.net/UPA

I am trying to make this useful since I haven’t done much to it in a while, infect ages now. What would make you go there often?

mrdefender
5th May 2003, 22:58
Personally, to be honest, owning the game would make me visit that site :D I traded it in a long time ago.

Honestly, I believe the content you have now is good enough to keep people comming.

Maybe link to this forum? Give people somewhere to talk about the game.. ? Fan Fic and/or Fan Art? ...

Just the fact of being one of the few fan sites out there should help you out alot.

PS: I like your site btw. I've told 2 friends about it. (i only got 2 friends who have project eden now.. )

The General
7th May 2003, 16:08
If a forum would be used I would create one, If not I will just link to this one.

As for fan art etc, I have moved computers since created the site and do not have any of the files (to my knwoledge, could be on a disk slipped inside a bpok somewhere). Who created them?

mrdefender
7th May 2003, 20:15
I have no idea. I meant fan art after your site is open. Like "Submit your fan art <here>" kinda thing...

Im not sure there is any fan art right now... Like I said, Eden fan sites are somewhat... lacking... :(

How about Polls? :confused:

Runtime
7th May 2003, 21:36
I see two problems:
1) The popup window won’t open in Mozilla.
2) The code at the end of the page is messed up

<style type="text/css">
<!--
a{text-decoration:none}
a:active { color: ababab; text-decoration: none}
a:link { color: ababab; text-decoration: none}
a:visited { color: ababab; text-decoration: none}
a:hover { color: lightblue; text-decoration: none}
body { color: 81B1EC}
</style></p><br>
-->
body { scrollbar-face-color: #052050; scrollbar-shadow-color: #ababab;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #c5c5c5; scrollbar-3dlight-color:
#000000; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #000000;
scrollbar-track-color: #1F2540; scrollbar-arrow-color:#072040 }
</style>

you have </style> twice and I think the </p><br> should be moved one line down

mrdefender
8th May 2003, 13:33
Mozilla? Is that a spoof of another big green lizard?

The General
9th May 2003, 20:21
I am afraid I created the site beforee I started calabrating it for anything but IE, that is a problem I will sonn correct including removing the CSS at the end as that only turns up on IE.

DKSM
10th May 2003, 00:35
Originally posted by mrdefender
Mozilla? Is that a spoof of another big green lizard?

You can call it that. Very stable though.

Nice site, The General. Fan Art would add to it. It increases visitor interaction.

mrdefender
10th May 2003, 04:59
ponders

Hmm... I cant seem to picture that... A Giant Green Stable Lizard??

Did he take tums or something? :D

DKSM
11th May 2003, 01:26
Beats me. :p

mrdefender
12th May 2003, 02:43
Hmmm. Im gonna go find out.

prepares for a trip to china and walks out the door

walks back in cause he remembered Godzilla is Japanese moving their mouth more times that the conversation would take.

Gotta love those old japanese movies ;)

DKSM
12th May 2003, 19:47
Yeah, who cares about the plotline! :D

mrdefender
13th May 2003, 07:44
What I want to know is if the movie would be better if it had subtitles instead of the current "mouth moves longer than word" thing.

I Saw Crouching Tiger and Iron Monkey and After the first minute or two, the sub titles just "flowed" with the movie, I was reading the subtitles but was paying attention to the movie..

Err.. Like watching the movie, not the subtitles... they just kinda flowed into "one" thing...

The DVDs were really well made, no visual problems like the older movies. Their mouths move along with the voice. Very well done.

Runtime
18th May 2003, 18:11
Mozilla can be found here:
http://mozilla.org/

mrdefender
19th May 2003, 17:42
Yes, I know. Was just playing around. I know its an web browser and stuff.

Just making conversation with the "mozilla <---> godzilla" topic :)

SuzieCroft
25th May 2003, 15:44
http://freespace.virgin.net/toonraider.uk/lucy.gif

Gods, I can't believe it was LAST YEAR I drew that thing.

Hmm... that thing sucks. I might make a new one at some point...

(PS - does anybody else think this might be the first PE fanart EVER? Or is my ego a little over-swelled? :) )

mrdefender
26th May 2003, 15:10
well...... im sure that its not the first fan art... chances are that someone drew or made art based on PE before you did....

But I think you're the first one to "release" your fan art...

Or is fan art anything that is released?? Cause how I see it, fan art is just art that a fan made.... released or not... art is art... :/

PS: Your pic isnt that bad. It could be worse, I could've drawn it :p

I'm terrible when it comes to artistic talent..... The most art I've done is cut and paste some stuff onto another picture in paint brush!!!! :D

DKSM
27th May 2003, 22:04
Nobody saw my contribution from Core Design?? I guess I gotta put it here then. Although I have to say that this was made this year, about a month ago, so it isn't the first "released" fan art. ;) But actually, it is the first piece of Fan Art in Core's Fan Art section that is not Lara Croft. :)

http://www.core-design.com/other_imgs/fan_art/amber.jpg

I like this one better than my Lara Croft one..I guess androids are easier than humans. ;)

mrdefender
28th May 2003, 15:56
To be honest... I only visited the official eden site once... to see if there was a forum (at the time, I didnt know the forum existed...). Then I never went back....... Not much content was there at the time...

The General
12th Jun 2003, 15:25
I need to remeber to keep coming back here, I keep running out of time after checking all my other 57 other forums.
Hopfuly before next week I will do some minor upgrades to the site, so shall I put those pics up when I do it?

mrdefender
17th Jun 2003, 02:04
Heh. I think your not the only one who forgot about this place ;)

You might want to take a seat while waiting for a yes or no on the fan art things :)

Ill grab the coffee pot. Cream? Sugar? :D

The General
20th Jun 2003, 18:58
good, I forgot about it again, well not forget I just got distracted for a week again, and will do again as I am getting EF2 tomorow and bought Spooks Season One DVD box set yesterday.
I will be back this time, promise :)

mrdefender
21st Jun 2003, 19:47
EF2? Elite Force 2? (startrek?) I thought it was gonna be released on the 24th? Tuesday..

I'm gonna get it wensday or thursday (at the latest, unless the entire game was delayed..).

I dont know whats up with that delay.. Its rediculous. I had to wait for Ut2003 also.. ITS A CANADIAN COMPANY!!!!!! :mad:

Oh well, atleast ive got it preordered :D

I wonder how the games gonna be, cause Patric Stewart left star trek after Nemesis (not picard who left... the actor... so picard still exists in the st universe but stewart quit star trek.. felt like nemesis was the best way to "go out with a bang", so to speak :) )

I cant wait to walk outside the ship :)

The demo is nice, graphics are awesome. I hope the voyager crew makes an appearance (all we heard from voyager after the series finale was Admiral Janeway giving an order to picard to go to romulas in ST:Nemesis...)

Ok.. So im not too excited about EF2 :rolleyes:

The General
22nd Jun 2003, 19:17
1, patric did not 'quit' star trek the TNG crew just arnt going to make any more feature films. The origional charecters feturing are Picard, Barcly and Tuvok, no one else I can remeber.

2, voyager does is in the first seg,ent in the game during endgame, and during their recreated cinematic of the borg sphere fight you see a consitiution class in the federation fleet :)

3, the out side is veryu cool, but timed so you have to act quickly so no time to dordal and look at the stars, keep your eyes ont he hull. Pitty thtere is no multi player map of it, multiplayer maps and modles are limited.

4, I know how you feel about delays, I keep gettign angry when british films are released in america first etc but nower days its all here and there and everythings everywhere, star trek DVD seaons come out in brotan first alot etc.

5, This forum isnt about star trek, I should stop writing now. While I await a rfesponce to the fan art stuff, anyone who is hedre whats you favorite point about Project Eden and would you buy a sequal.

mrdefender
22nd Jun 2003, 22:01
1, patric did not 'quit' star trek the TNG crew just arnt going to make any more feature films. The origional charecters feturing are Picard, Barcly and Tuvok, no one else I can remeber.

I can remember vividly. He wanted to leave startrek with a bang and he felt like that was nemesis (i.e nemesis was the "bang").

Take a look for yourself:

http://www.imdb.com/SB?20021218#3

2, voyager does is in the first seg,ent in the game during endgame, and during their recreated cinematic of the borg sphere fight you see a consitiution class in the federation fleet

Glad to see voyager wasn't forgotten.. I think the first EF was the only game based on the voyager series...

3, the out side is veryu cool, but timed so you have to act quickly so no time to dordal and look at the stars, keep your eyes ont he hull. Pitty thtere is no multi player map of it, multiplayer maps and modles are limited.

nothing like a little rush ;)

4, I know how you feel about delays, I keep gettign angry when british films are released in america first etc but nower days its all here and there and everythings everywhere, star trek DVD seaons come out in brotan first alot etc.

I know, its almost not even worth going to the movies. Matrix Reloaded came out on May 15th and I believe its due out on DVD this september or october.. Anytime before revolutions (mid nov?)

5, This forum isnt about star trek, I should stop writing now. While I await a rfesponce to the fan art stuff, anyone who is hedre whats you favorite point about Project Eden and would you buy a sequal.

Dang. Forgot this wasnt the chat forum :D.

I think what I liked about PE was the story and the use of each character. You know.. you need miniko for hacking, andre for repairs, carter is basicly "average" and amber can take more punches.

I doubt I'd by a sequel... the first game wasnt that fun. (no "wow" factor to make you want to buy a sequel... imho).

The General
26th Jun 2003, 20:39
I did feel carter could have had a bit more use to him, to me he was the extra guy who did ***** all apart from things that other people should be able to do.
With a bit of wow and hype I think a sequal could be good, somthing more on the above levels I would hope but hey, if it wont bring in the cash...

mrdefender
27th Jun 2003, 05:20
Yah. Something on the top levels would be nice. They say its in the distant future but the only things that make it look futuristic is the how you take out a weapon ....

you know, they "spawn" out from some kind of energy thing... like in ST: Elite Force transporter belt.. their equipment gets "beamed" right into their hands from their belt.....

Well.. let me put it this way.. the 60's Batman's utility belt probably used such a system.. cause how else does he put a half-human size bullet proof shield in there!!! :D

And yes. Carter did squat.. He's the leader but you can "lead" the team using any of the characters....

SuzieCroft
2nd Jul 2003, 22:07
I hadn't forgotten. I just drift in and out.

Use the pic. Put a nice shiny link to my email/website

http://freespace.virgin.net/toonraider.uk/

I have a crapload of ideas for a PE fic, but no idea how to start it. Oh well.

Carter sucked. All he was good for was opening certain doors and talking to people. Bah.

A PE sequel would rock. On the proviso they actually do some PR this time. And improve the gfx at least a LITTLE.

/sighs

mrdefender
3rd Jul 2003, 03:10
yah. pr would be good for buisness :)

DKSM
3rd Jul 2003, 21:10
The bad PR is the reason we probably won't see a sequel...sigh...

mrdefender
4th Jul 2003, 19:31
It's a vicious circle...

Bad PR from the first one is preventing a sequel, and Good PR for the Sequel would most likely make ppl get the first...

Happend alot to me.... I bought a sequel and liked it so I got the first one in the series...

The General
5th Jul 2003, 10:06
Fan pic is up. I will get round to the screenies and wallpapers somtimes this month, maybe even today if I am luckly.
Does anyone have an extream high end machine with the game on, its just I dont think my machine will bring out the best of the graphics the game has as my graphics card is long overdue for an update. If you do have an excelent machine would you have some spare tiem to take a few high quality screenies? If not I will just taken them on mine and hope for the best.

Mangar The Dark
7th Jul 2003, 19:14
Hey, it's great to see other people talking about PE! (I mean Project Eden, not Physical Education... God forbid any of us should actually get out of a chair for five minutes....) I bought this game about a year and a half ago and loved it, but then got stuck in The Hospital level, and put it aside. Now, a year and a half later, I dug it out and started playing again. I'd forgotten how GOOD this game is! I can't imagine why critics trashed it so harshly (oh that's right... if it's not a brainless shooter, and if it's not made by Blizzard, it gets trashed... how silly of me!)

Anyway, I have a decent PC if you want some screenshots, General. It's not the all-time greatest, but it's a Pentium IV with 1.8 gig processor, 128 megs RAM, and 64 Meg GEForce 2 graphics. Eden looks pretty nice on it.

The General
8th Jul 2003, 20:08
I decided to just tak some basic ones, looks good enough. Though any bizzar or humerous ones are welcome.
Screen shots and my first batch of basic wallpapers are up, they are just ones along the website theme, screen shot desktops will come later this week.

Yes the reviews were harse. I first discoverd it in the 101 PC game demos magazine not long backand it was PERFECT, just what I needed. Somthign that involved though but had a nice balace between puzzle and action. Had a nice Sci-fi feel but wasnt over the top and a nice system team system it had.
And no american accents everywhere (no offience to any US residents using this borad, I just cant stand listening to US accents all the time).
Also the combat system I liked, the weapons and the auto aim is extreamly usful so the whole thing has a challenging but not constantly get stuck or killed challenging.
And that another thing, no need for constant reloads, just pop back at a terminal, more realistic (not quite what I mean by that!) in the fact that in real life you dfon tget the option of reloading, this bypoasses it.

How did everyone else come across ProE?

Mangar The Dark
8th Jul 2003, 20:40
Well, I think there are some US accents in the game! (and hey, what's so bad about the way we talk?! lol.)

I first heard about the game way back before it was released, and I knew it was being made by the Tomb Raider people, so I was interested immediately. I was glad to see they were finally branching off and doing something other than Lara.

A while later, the demo arrived in the mail with my subscription to PC Gamer. I tried it out, and loved the way the puzzles fit into the environment so seamlessly. The use of team members was also great, and added a whole new dimension to the game that I hadn't seen in other 3rd person puzzle/shooters. I figured the reviews would be fantastic for it-- it was original, looked good, and played well. WRONG! The reviews, for the most part, were downright cruel! Then I couldn't decide whether or not to get the game. I thought, what if the demo didn't accurately reflect the rest of the game?

Fortunately, I finally decided to give it a chance anyway. It's become one of my favorites, and in many ways, it brought back the thrill I had when I first played Tomb Raider back in 1996 (in a different way, of course.)

mrdefender
10th Jul 2003, 07:17
Same here.. 99.999999999999% of Canadians are just like americans but in better health cause of our free healthcare :)

Gotta admit.. I dont see how I wouldve lived with cancer in the states :( We would've probably have had to declare bankrupty like most ppl with terminally ill deases.. :(

I had some problems dealing with americans in my vaction to florida.. Everyone in jeans except us.. All that was missing was a "we're from canada" sign :D

SuzieCroft
11th Jul 2003, 13:19
Amusing Eden screenshots?

I think I just found my calling :D

DjZ
22nd Jul 2003, 02:04
well ive found 3 project eden web sites

one is on

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/projecteden

another u already know

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/projecteden

and the 3rd will be uploaded when i get my php gear into my brain :p

http://www.project-eden.tk

adam

The General
22nd Jul 2003, 12:09
the first two seam to be simmiler in some way...

as for the third, link for a link?

Meanwhile UPA-CO now has a text website for all those people who dont want IE, its not flashy or anything but its fast loading and simple. A lot fo work is eeded on both and I will be carrying out updates whenever I can.
Also in an attempt to do somthign interesting I will see what in the game I can mess with in terms of modding it and offering the alterations as downloads.

But hows for orginising an online game? Who would be up for that?

DjZ
22nd Jul 2003, 20:49
lol they were both the same link my typing messed up again i ment to put the one at tombraider chronicals, your site the general and mine that erm im working on.

as for a net game youl hav to wait till i buy the pc version which should be this week but ye im up for it
im gonna pop down town 2morrow to see if i can find it

adam