PDA

View Full Version : TS2's big mistake

spanks
5th May 2003, 14:35
I hate to bring up the aiming issue again, but I got into another discussion about it on the weekend with a Halo fan/friend of mine.

Not only did TS2 not give these guys the option of fixing the aim point to center, but the first gun in the first mission of the story mode was the sniper rifle! I know there are many arguments that you can take for or against the TS2 aiming system, but in no weapon is the difference more glaring than the sniper rifle. After talking to my friend, it became apparent that he had a bad taste in his mouth within the first few seconds of playing TS2 because of that fact.

Myself on the other hand, I started TS2 by playing the arcade league mode. I had completely opened it up before ever attempting the story mode (which I only did co-op). imo, the main thing TS2 has to offer over a game like Halo is frantic gameplay against multiple bots/enemies. Why then did they start the story mode with a stealthy mission and the sniper rifle?

In gaming, first impressions mean a lot. For Halo fans, their first impression if the started with the TS2 story mode was "this SUX".

AB-109
5th May 2003, 15:25
yah yah big deal :o

I hate to bring up the aiming issue again, but...

Then don't :p
Can everyone just stop going over the same lame stuff.

You either like the game or you dont. So Free-Rad made a mistake by not including a 'change aim mode' option but now they know better and hopefully it wont happen in TS3 and maybe they put the sniper rifle in that level because it was part of that level :confused: I mean sniper rifle + silenced pistol = stealth so whats wrong with that? plus it would let you know what the aiming is like right away and you'll know if you want the game or not.

Are you saying that you would prefer it if they put the sniper rifle at a later stage of the game so you can be fooled into thinking the aiming is a certain way and not another?

Would you rather go to a shop and play the first level for a sec and think "yah I like this" because you didnt try the sniper rifle then buy it and then relise you dont like the aiming? I know I wouldnt but I like the aiming.

Ab ^_^

Iiro
5th May 2003, 15:45
I think its quite easy to aim. People who cant aim in ts2 are failures in life and retarded.

spanks
5th May 2003, 15:48
Originally posted by AB-109
yah yah big deal :o
Then don't :p
Can everyone just stop going over the same lame stuff.
Well, you don't have to read or respond to this.

Originally posted by AB-109
You either like the game or you dont. So Free-Rad made a mistake by not including a 'change aim mode' option but now they know better and hopefully it wont happen in TS3 and maybe they put the sniper rifle in that level because it was part of that level :confused: I mean sniper rifle + silenced pistol = stealth so whats wrong with that? plus it would let you know what the aiming is like right away and you'll know if you want the game or not. I like it. Some of my friends don't. If posts like this help to make sure TS3 doesn't have the same problem, then it's worth it ... even if you find it annoying.

Originally posted by AB-109 Are you saying that you would prefer it if they put the sniper rifle at a later stage of the game so you can be fooled into thinking the aiming is a certain way and not another? Yes! I'm saying that some of my friends might have liked the game (and would be more willing to play it multiplayer instead of just Halo all the time) if they didn't get such a bad first impression of TS2.

I also think it would've helped TS2 sales which would have helped FR to have more money to make a better TS3. Now it's unclear if they're going to make it at all