PDA

View Full Version : bEST WAY TO GO BACK AND PLAY pARASITE EVE i & ii?

cosmonautcowboy
17th Apr 2013, 13:56
I've been wanting to go back and play Parasite Eve I and II, and I'm wondering if anyone wanted to suggest what the best way to do that is. I have a PS2 and a PSP, so my options are to get the original PSX discs and play em on the PS2, or download the games from the Playstation Network (which would be cheaper by far) to the PSP.

I'm just not sure how they'd control on the PSP, most games that were designed for the thing have pretty cumbersome controls, I find, given that the one analog stick and d-pad are on the same side of the device!

heero2001
14th Aug 2013, 02:47
I've been wanting to go back and play Parasite Eve I and II, and I'm wondering if anyone wanted to suggest what the best way to do that is.* I have a PS2 and a PSP, so my options are to get the original PSX discs and play em on the PS2, or download the games from the Playstation Network (which would be cheaper by far) to the PSP.

I'm just not sure how they'd control on the PSP, most games that were designed for the thing have pretty cumbersome controls, I find, given that the one analog stick and d-pad are on the same side of the device!

I never played Parasite Eve II, but for PE I, I can assure you that the lack of a second analog stick is not a problem. There are no camera controls (all fixed camera in PE I), and the game is not a shooter (more like a RPG, with menu based battle system). I say at least get PE I on PSP.

mike_ptbr
14th Aug 2013, 21:22
I also recommend you to get the PE 1 & 2 and play on PSP the game looks much more beautiful on PSP :)

Squall-Nathan
16th Aug 2013, 17:58
I borrowed the PS1 discs from a friend. It just felt more satisfying to play on a larger screen. That being said, 3rd Birthday was great on the PSP so its predecessors should be as well.

Hippy_Pickle
3rd Sep 2013, 12:38
I've always found that playing old PS1 titles is much better on a PSP because putting it on a big HDTV doesn't really do it justice. Even with the PS3 upscale it doesn't look great but it looks a lot smoother on the PSP screen.

Damn, I really want to go play PE1 now after reading this lol