PDA

View Full Version : Chris just drop us a hint!!!

kongg
4th May 2003, 01:46
I am sick and tired of the rumours and heresays floating ard the net regarding SR3. Pls chris, just tell us if there is any truth in all these.

The Amazing Rando
4th May 2003, 03:23
Dude, that's enough of this. We'll hear it when we hear it. Chris isn't gonna say anything until he gets the ok to do so. I think he likes his position. On top of tha-It's the Weekend. He's at home, not working. We've had enough threads, enough sites talking about it going to be at E3, enough mags that are gonna have coverage. You're sick and tired of the rumors-fine. I'm sick and tired of the million threads about it.

Riovanes
4th May 2003, 03:31

This isn't even worth my time anymore. Will you people PLEASE learn some god-damn patience and just WAIT?!? Christ. What the hell do you people do when you actually have to physically wait on something? Do you pollute the air around you with constant cries for sneak peeks? ...Wait... Don't answer that.

I'm done here.

BAH!!!

Umah Bloodomen
4th May 2003, 03:34
I am getting flashbacks of the LOK-online game and LOK-movie threads. :p

The Amazing Rando
4th May 2003, 03:39
At this point, if I were a mod, I'd be putting out a new "no more of these threads" rule, which consequently would lead to the deleting of many threads and the banning of half the population of the forums at this point-as they all would fall into that category. And I wouldn't even let ex post facto stand, so whoever I choose who had already made one would be gone. Furthermore, I would use your ISP # and registered name to place a new law preventing you from buying the game, just for annoying me.

A guy can dream, can't he...

blincoln
4th May 2003, 04:13
I don't think there's anything wrong with enthusiasm for the game, but it should be obvious that Chris can't reveal extra secrets.

Lady Kreliana
4th May 2003, 05:00
Some people just aren't masters of the obvious. :D

Umah Bloodomen
4th May 2003, 05:25
Rando, you really don't want to know how many threads like this have been removed already. :rolleyes:

You'd think that aspect of the TOU would be adhered to as well. (As far as recreating deleted threads). :p

The Amazing Rando
4th May 2003, 05:29
Actually, just looking around I've noticed a bunch of issing threads. Actually, I don't think I'm missing them, but they're unaccountable for. I still think my idea would be more effective, and fun.

This place seriously needs the equivalent of a night crew/shift of janitors to take care of it once everyone else leaves. If Grey Mouser ever needs to sharpen his claws, he can feel free to just visit here every weekend between now and the release of the game, as I'm sure it's gonna be more of the same.

Riovanes
4th May 2003, 12:26
I have a feeling I might just garrote most of them before Mouser ever gets a chance to get over here. People who insistently badger a topic to death online and consider themselves pundits-to-be in this realm are much the same in life - and I believe it would be to the benefit of the Gene Pool Diving Team if they were removed on a more or less permanent basis. Less chance of cracking your skull on the shallow end when you dive in and all that.

BAH!!!

Chris@Crystal
5th May 2003, 19:42
Hey,
I wish I could shed some more light on this upcoming SR3 game, but I have not been given any official announcement about the game from Eidos and thus am not at liberty to chat about the game. As soon as I am given permission, you can ask me all the questions you want.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

fneh
5th May 2003, 21:43
cool. thanks chris.

saying we can ask all the questions we want is just ASKING for trouble! I could keep you busy for hours by myself!

The Amazing Rando
6th May 2003, 00:21
Originally posted by fneh
cool. thanks chris.

saying we can ask all the questions we want is just ASKING for trouble! I could keep you busy for hours by myself!

No, you can ask, you just can't expect much in the way of answers. He's not really gonna be able to discuss the upcoming "Legacy of Kain: All Will be Revealed in Time" game. I knew Defiance was just a working title.;)

Umah Bloodomen
6th May 2003, 01:04
Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
Hey,
I wish I could shed some more light on this upcoming SR3 game, but I have not been given any official announcement about the game from Eidos and thus am not at liberty to chat about the game. As soon as I am given permission, you can ask me all the questions you want.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Do you mind if I quote this in future threads? ;)

fneh
6th May 2003, 09:49
Originally posted by The Amazing Rando
No, you can ask, you just can't expect much in the way of answers. He's not really gonna be able to discuss the upcoming "Legacy of Kain: All Will be Revealed in Time" game. I knew Defiance was just a working title.;)

can I ask what makes you think defiance is a working title? SR3 was the working title...

Vampmaster
6th May 2003, 11:54
It was a joke. "All will be revealed in time" is just what Chris always says when he's asked something he's not allowed to answer or doesn't know.

Chris@Crystal
6th May 2003, 18:55
Hey all,
So the secret is out. The upcoming SR game will be called LOK: Defiance and is scheduled for a Winter release. It really is looking amazing and we plan to have a demo of it at E3. At this time, the name is final, it is not just a working title. You will play as both Kain and Raziel throughout the course of the game. As you know there are certain things I will not be able to talk about concerning the game, but if you have questions, go ahead and ask and I'll see what I can do. I will not reveal the story to you.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

blincoln
6th May 2003, 19:20
*does a little dance*

Raz
6th May 2003, 19:22
This is great news indeed! :D

Chris, d'you mind if I ask a small question regarding the, as of yet, unofficially confirmed "chapter system" which may feature in this game? Basically, I was wondering if the chapter system will be similar to Blood Omen 2, along the lines of "Chapter One: The Slums", "Chapter Two: The Smuggler's Den", "Chapter Three: The Lower City" etc., or if the chapter system will be seamless. For example, the player takes Raziel into a room and is locked in, unable to escape. Then the player will begin the next "chapter", gaining control of Kain, who has to find a way to free Raziel...

Anyway, I'm not expecting a definitive response, I was jus' wondering... ;)

fneh
6th May 2003, 20:57
yeah. I'd really like to know that too. Also, in PSM in said that it's CDs second time using this engine. So unless that means BO2s engine it was wrong right? What game is the engine based off?

blincoln
6th May 2003, 21:02
Unless something has changed drastically, it's the SR2 engine.

Vampmaster
6th May 2003, 21:20
Hopefully that means the controls will be 2D (controls from players perspective) like in SR1 & 2 as opposed to 3D (controls from characters perspective) like in BO2.

blincoln
6th May 2003, 21:27
I would assume so. Action-heavy games (DMC, Eternal Darkness, etc.) with more cinematic cameras almost have to work that way, or you end up with something clunky like in Silent Hill 2.

Umah Bloodomen
6th May 2003, 21:31
Originally posted by blincoln
I would assume so. Action-heavy games (DMC, Eternal Darkness, etc.) with more cinematic cameras almost have to work that way, or you end up with something clunky like in Silent Hill 2.

How dare you mention SH2 in my presence. **shudders** :p

blincoln
6th May 2003, 21:33
I'm still not sure how you couldn't have loved the second half of the game (despite the control scheme), but okay =).

Umah Bloodomen
6th May 2003, 21:37
I'm still not sure how you couldn't have loved the second half of the game (despite the control scheme), but okay =).

2nd half? The first half was horrible enough to make me refrain from finishing it at this point. (Well over 4 months since I started). :p It's really competing with Parasite Eve for the worst game I've ever played. LOL.

As far as my only "Defiance-related statement" (which really isn't all that related) I did enjoy what was done with the SR2 engine in SR2, and hope that it will be further utilized in the new game. I kind of like to look at SR2 as a test of the new engine, and believe that now that CD has had a chance to work with it and try new things, that we'll see an entirely different form of gameplay elements.

blincoln
6th May 2003, 21:55
You're missing out =P. The second half is all about this surreal subterranean civil-war-era prison, and a sp00ky boat ride, and some other stuff. I liked it a lot, although I had almost quit by the time I got to the bowling alley.

Chris@Crystal
6th May 2003, 22:05
About the Chapters in LOK: Defiance

I think people are afraid that this will be linear and restrictive -- i.e., too much like self-contained missions rather than the seamlessly interconnected world of the previous SR games.

You shouldn't be concerned -- the chapters are just a way to tell the game's story, alternating between Kain and Raziel. It's not like the player is funneled into and out of the chapters without the ability to explore and play the game at their own pace. The world is still interconnected, and the player can choose to revisit already-explored areas, or take as long as they want to within each chapter. For example let's say Kain plays through chapter 1 in level x. His next chapter may take place in level y, but he can return to level x if he wants to.

Basically, within each chapter the game will feel and play just like the SR games, with freedom of exploration. The only difference is that sometimes you'll be playing Kain, and sometimes Raziel. Their paths will cross over the course of the game, and their actions will affect each other, but it's not a "buddy" game -- i.e., the player won't switch between characters to have them tackle problems together.

Hope this clears things up a little.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

blincoln
6th May 2003, 22:10
Wow! That's *exactly* how I hoped it was going to work!

Chris, I know you said Defiance wasn't a working title, but if you all do decide to go with something different, may I suggest "Legacy of Kain: The Best Game Ever Made, Which Makes Everybody Want to Flip Out Like a Ninja and Kick People in the Face"?

Umah Bloodomen
6th May 2003, 22:11
Does that mean then we're going to be greeted with the *Chapter screen* which actually doubles as a load screen? :p (Like in BO2).

This sounds like LOK's rendition of Super Mario world. (Revisiting completed areas I mean). :D Do we get a Yoshi? :p

I do kind of like the mission-setup of the Thief: The Dark Project. (A nice little FMV scene prior to the beginning of each mission). Is it safe to ask if a similar technique will be applied to the new LOK game or simply one big FMV at the beginning, and in-game cinematics throughout the rest of the game as we've seen in previous installments?

blincoln
6th May 2003, 22:19
Do we get a Yoshi?

I would personally pay an extra $5 for the game if as a bonus you could unlock a giant stuffed animal undead dinosaur for Raziel to ride around on.

Omega
6th May 2003, 22:29
*does a little dance*

*follows suit*

Better start saving now then!

I would personally pay an extra $5 for the game if as a bonus you could unlock a giant stuffed animal undead dinosaur for Raziel to ride around on.

I'd pay £10 more, just for laughs of course ;)

Umah Bloodomen
6th May 2003, 22:37

I shouldn't have to pay extra because I suggested it. That would be so great. LOL I do draw the line at flower power and invincible stars though. :D

Reaver of Souls
7th May 2003, 01:15
Aww what? No invincibilty stars? Or 1 ups? Or turning into other things like a helicopter or submarine? Schucks-golly! :D

blincoln
7th May 2003, 02:55
Here's a thrilling mockup of Raziel riding Yarb-Shuggunath, Dinosaur of the Depths (http://www.thelostworlds.net/Bonus_Dinosaur-Mockup.JPG)!

After seeing this, I'm not sure how anyone at Crystal Dynamics could not put him in =).

Umah Bloodomen
7th May 2003, 03:06
Fear Raz! Muhahahaha.

Right on, Blinc!

Is it me or does that dinosaur look like it's related to the SR2 mutants? :confused: :p ;)

See, we could make it work.

EDIT: A *little birdie* just mailed me this exclusive screenshot. (http://umahbloodomen.members.easyspace.com/defiancesmw.jpg)

I am soooo psyched. :p

Omega
7th May 2003, 09:22
*does a little dance*

*makes a little love, gets down tonight...*

I forgot to say that last night. That is all.

Wait, for it not being total spam - lmao blinc, but isn't Yoshi ment to be green? Or is that one of his long, lost, un-dead 'brethren'? ;)

Omega
7th May 2003, 09:36
I'm still a little confused as to the whole chapter thing....

Will we get an individual loading screen for each chapter like BO2, or will it be the streaming-engine like the SR games?

Or, is it the chapters like BO2 with the loading screens AND the SR streaming technology within the chapters?

Just another quick question (if you don't mind :)) if your not using the SR streaming technology, why not?

Vampmaster
7th May 2003, 09:58
My guess is it will be like using the level select in SR2s debug menu only you have to do them in order. I think by level he means an area like how in SR2 you can for example visit the Elder or the forrest when ever you want but all puzzles and stuff that you've already done will stay done.

fneh
7th May 2003, 10:37
I have another question!!! (if you don't mind. It's not the easiest question to answer I'm sure)

I've heard that a PS2 and Xbox version of the game are both confirmed. I can only assume there wil be a PC version as with all the other games, but what about the gamecube? Are there no plans to release it at all?:(

EDIT---------

is there any difference between the different versions? Will they be pretty much identical or will there be graphical imporvements on Xbox or any extra goodies (like extra levels) on any specific consoles? If there was extra xbox material I'd HAVE to buy one just for this game (probably import a US one)

blincoln
7th May 2003, 17:24
Eidos doesn't seem to like to announce PC versions of the LoK games until the last minute. Up until a few months before release, there was no mention of a PC version of SR2, and when there was it was going to only be available as a pack-in with a piece of hardware.

As for graphics, I assume the XBox version will look a little nicer if only because it renders at a higher resolution. I *very* much doubt that there will be any exclusive areas on any platform though.

blincoln
7th May 2003, 19:04
Oh, Omega - Yoshi is green, but I don't have a green stuffed dinosaur, so Yarb-Shuggunath is red.

Chris@Crystal
7th May 2003, 19:16
Hey,
At this sime I am only aware of the team working on an XBox and a PS2 version of the game. Although a PC version has not been announced, we normally port our games to the PC a short time after they are released on the consoles.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

N0V4
7th May 2003, 19:41
Oh yeah.....you better make a PC vesion....or else.

*polishes AK*

fneh
7th May 2003, 19:54
AK? you americans and your guns.......:rolleyes:

and didn't you read? Chris basically SAID it's coming to the PC in his reply. He just didn't mention a gamecube version:(

blincoln
7th May 2003, 19:58
Even if there is no PC version, by the time the game comes out the PS2 and XBox will both be down to $150 or less. That's less than buying a new video card, and it means you don't have to worry about driver issues and all that crapamoley.

I suspect that the performance of BO2 on the Gamecube may have put a damper on Eidos' enthusiasm for it. I could easily be wrong though.

N0V4
7th May 2003, 20:19
Blin...you got a nice point there EXCEPT!

I need a new 3d-card for playing Star Wars Knight of teh Old replubic and Star Wars Galaxies anyways.

Yeah, Star Wars...my 2nd love.

I dont need to say whats my first do I?

*wishes he had fangs and eternal life*

blincoln
7th May 2003, 20:28
Great! You can sell your old one at put the proceeds toward a console :p.

N0V4
7th May 2003, 20:31
Seriously now.
Who would buy an ATI Rage Fury 128 Pro?
I mean....for how much?
5 cents?

blincoln
7th May 2003, 20:32
Okay now I feel genuinely sorry for you =).

Omega
7th May 2003, 23:20
*glares at his in-built 'card'*

*sniffles*

I need money.

jesta
8th May 2003, 00:41
OOoooo i wish they would put all the versions out together otherwise i will have to stay away frome the forums for a while so i dont spoil the game for myself too much.
and another advantage of the pc is that we can download patches to corect any glitches that may pop up in the game.