PDA

View Full Version : Digit, I have a question about your Robot Factory strat...

RedXevious
3rd May 2003, 20:25
First off, thanks sooooooo much for your Robot Factory strat!! :D ;) :D I'm doing great, and I would have NEVER thought to bring all the big bots back to the scanner thingy. There is only one thing that's still holding me back... the walking gun turrets. The fixed gun turrets are easy to destroy, but the walking ones are a pain! I can't lead them back to the scanner cause' it does VERY little damage to them, even if I use an Autorifle's bomb on it before it steps into the beam, it still won't die! And it's shots do ALOT of damage in Hard!

So what's the best way of going about destroying them? The best way I found was shooting them with a Autorifle bomb, then shooting them with another bomb, then I'll shoot them with the Scifi handgun untill then die. Remember, I only have 8 bombs, (from next to the switch that opens up the bridge) but seeing as how I don't need them for anything else, (since im leading everything back to the scanner thingy) I feel it's safe to use 'em on the walking gun turrets. Am I wrong to do this? I could really use you help... thanks!

--------------------------
5 Gold
61 Platinum
- 97.6% Complete!
--------------------------
Arcade awards: 25
Top Shot best: 1:10.9
NGC-Elites ranking: 80th

digit
4th May 2003, 03:02
Well, you know how you destroy the regular trashcan things? You shoot their guns. Well, the same thing with the walking ones, only they're a little stronger. I'm not up to Robot Factory on Hard yet, sadly, so I don't know how strong they are. But remember their weakpoints...their eyes.

Oh, yeah, another pointer...Extreme stealth. I see this level as a puzzle level, because it takes a lot of thinking if you want to make it to the boss with full health. I mean a lot of thinking. When I completed Robot Factory on Hard, it took me half an hour. Of thinking.

AB-109
4th May 2003, 08:01
Try and fight them in a long corridor and then just stand in the middle shooting at thier heads then when they shoot strafe to the left/right to dodge and then go bak to the middle and carry on shooting.

Once you go past the bit where you controll the camera-gun (the 2nd one, not the one you use to blow up the node) then you can lead everyone back to that room and shoot thier feet before they walk throw the door which means they cant shoot your camera.

Ab ^_^

RedXevious
4th May 2003, 18:51
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just completed it now!!!! :D :D :D
I've finnally completed the second hardest level in the game! (the hardest is Top Shot, of course) I would like to say a *VERY SPECIAL* thanks to these two people...

digit - for telling me about leading bots back to the scanner, and helping me out!

Funkytoad - (not a member of this forum) for his HUGE guide on beating Robot Factor on Hard!

Thanks guys! If if wern't for you, I wouldn't have gotten the RetroRcer cart, the Site level, or the "Infinite Ammo" cheat!! (Not to mention the cool 100% complete!) So thanks so much!! :D

AB-109, the strat I used was to go through the whole level MGS style. Which means I just never ran into a room and started shooting everything I see.... I took my time... (1 and a half hours!!) and saved my health. When I got to the machinist, I had only one sliver of health left (less than 10%) :eek: :eek: It's true, but I also had a full bar of armor that I just picked up... Remember to stay in the corner of the alcoves in the room. Then the machinist WON'T be able to touch you! (giving you complete freedom to kill him!)

I also finished Space Station after that... (compared to Robot Factory, Space Station is a walk in the park!) Bringing me up to 100%! Yes!!! Now just five more plats, and the game will be complete!

Thanks again for all the help!! :D

----------------------------
5 Gold
61 Platinum
- 100.0% Complete!
----------------------------
Arcade awards: 25
Top Shot best: 1:10.9
NGC-Elites ranking: 80th

Mathias1
24th May 2003, 19:06
do you have the address for the walkthrough for robot factory on hard from funkytoad as i could really do with it as the level is fairly difficult.:)

AB-109
25th May 2003, 12:15
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/timesplitters_2_robot_factory_hard.txt

goodluck

Ab ^_^

e_mcgoey
26th May 2003, 17:07
Doesn't work, unfortunately. Maybe because it was truncated? Try pasting this into your browser. I don't know if it will work, but give it a shot.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/timesplitters_2_robot_factory_hard.txt

AB-109
26th May 2003, 18:12
It's cos GameFAQs dont want people linking stuff right to the faq but you can use this link and then click on the faq at the bottom.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/game/30901.html

Ab ^_^