PDA

View Full Version : camera alarms

Chiefdreams
3rd May 2003, 14:02
Is there a tutorial for the face camera alarms. I searched TTLG and Dromed Central but I can't find one.

Apache
3rd May 2003, 17:59
The alarm is setup the same way as a normal push the button alarm..but leave out the button..link the camera to the Alarm Marker with a control device link.

Chiefdreams
3rd May 2003, 19:02
Thanks Apache

Apache
4th May 2003, 00:16
You are welcome..I just wish more people would use this forum..I liking answering question and helping..:D

Chiefdreams
4th May 2003, 02:54
Does the tutorial show how to make the face go back and forth?
I can't find the faces either so I guess I'll have to use a plate or something and add model shape or something.

R_Soul
4th May 2003, 15:12
The cameras are Creature > Robot > Cameras > SecCamera2

They will already be looking from side to side. If you want to change how much it rotates, or how fast, open its properties and click on Add > AI > Ability Settings > Camera: Parameters.

There are two easy ways to find objects. The find_obj command, but you have to know the full name for it to be of any use.

If you go into a level that uses the object you're looking for, select it and in the buttons at the bottom of the Dromed window, click on Class. It brings up the Object Heirarchy with the objects archetype selected, then you can make a note of where it is.

Chiefdreams
4th May 2003, 20:26
Hey thanks. That sounds handy.

Caradavin1
7th May 2003, 00:17
Do you have that problem, Chiefdreams? It happened in my Maguire Part 1 FM. Just wondering...