PDA

View Full Version : My one request for the next game*

blincoln
3rd May 2003, 01:16
I hope that if Kain is playable and wields the Reaver, it makes a sound something like this (http://www.thelostworlds.net/Reaver_Scream.wav) =).

* other than playable versions of the deleted areas from SR1, complete soundtracks to all the games in Ogg Vorbis format, a 200 page full-colour hardbound book of concept art, and documentation on extracting all the contents of bigfile.dat =P

Umah Bloodomen
3rd May 2003, 01:18
Right on, Blinc! I saw you make mention to this over @ NR. I totally loved that sound in BO. The noise just makes the reaver that much more intimidating. :D

blincoln
3rd May 2003, 01:23
I know! It's like you can hear the souls of all its past victims crying out, or something.

I had it as my answering machine message for awhile, but it just confused people. I got messages like "is that a recording of a tiger inside a box?" and "uhhhhhh.... [click]."

Edit: The wav on my site was actually tweaked a bit to give it more dynamic range, since the sample in BO is something like 8-bit, 11KHz. In case anyone is paying attention to that kind of detail.

Umah Bloodomen
3rd May 2003, 01:26
The sound works well as you're slashing through enemies and their corpses go flying in every which direction. :p

People have a hard time with that answering machine concept, I tell you. :p

The Amazing Rando
3rd May 2003, 02:25
Yeah. That is what it needs. That was such a great sound effect. I would love to see the old badass reaver.

Omega
3rd May 2003, 03:00
Hmm, that sounds like a steel mill going bust!

Heh... anyhow.

* other than playable versions of the deleted areas from SR1, complete soundtracks to all the games in Ogg Vorbis format, a 200 page full-colour hardbound book of concept art, and documentation on extracting all the contents of bigfile.dat

Hell yeah, though why Ogg? I mean, MP3 is good and all. You've mentioned this on your site - but whats with the big deal between ogg and mp3?

They both seem the same size and quality...

blincoln
3rd May 2003, 03:02
I like the way that Oggs sound better, and I like that the format is royalty-free.

Albion
3rd May 2003, 17:18
Id like to see "Vae Victus!" back aswell, I dont care how its supposed to be pronounced. Right or wrong, lets just have it like it was before...

Vampmaster
3rd May 2003, 17:53
Raziel should have battle cries too.

jesta
3rd May 2003, 19:36
ok but what could Raziels Battle cry be?
Any one got any Ideas :confused:

Valaquen_
3rd May 2003, 19:43
Uhhhhhhhhhh... how bout:
"this is for my mother *whacks enemy* my father,* whacks enemy again* my brother * whacks again*... and this ...is for me! *floors enemy and takes its soul

fneh
3rd May 2003, 19:53
how about "why are YOU attacking me????? everyone is out to get me and I won't work out why until the next plot twist!!!!"

Valaquen_
5th May 2003, 14:57
ha, or how about:
*after being hit, Raziels wipes blood from face, looks at it, looks at the enemy, then does a Bruce Lee!*

Umah Bloodomen
6th May 2003, 00:55
Raziel's battle cry should be: I am Raziel MacLeod, of the Clan MacLeod... :p

EDIT: I can spell really. LOL. Minor spelling adjustment

jesta
6th May 2003, 19:49
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
Raziel's battle cry should be: I am Raziel MacLeod, of the Clan MacLeod... :p

Well he is Imortal :D
Let's hope he dont lose his head :p

Lady Kreliana
6th May 2003, 23:29
I also have to agree. I miss the reaver scream. :)

Omega
7th May 2003, 09:39
Originally posted by jesta

A Xena Warrior Princess-esque war cry.

Nuff said.

L_Master562
7th May 2003, 13:11
But it should have the same drawbacks to use like in Bo1 over Bo2's more dormant reaver. The reaver was great sounding as well. Vae Victus is classic, so yeah, I hope it would return.

fneh
7th May 2003, 13:27
well the thing is the reaver is kains only weapon apperently so not being able to use magic weilding it would be kinda pointless him even having magic. Also I would expect kains reaver to be less powerful than raziels because of the upgrades and such. who knows.

Valaquen_
7th May 2003, 17:43
Hey uhhh, does anyone know if its the Blood Reaver or the Soul Reaver that Kain wields?
In the article it only says two different incarnations of the Reaver blade.
Since Raziels incarnation eats souls, wouldn't it be fitting if Kains took in blood?

Lady Kreliana
7th May 2003, 17:53
I think it's the Blood Reaver. The article said that for their weapons to grow stronger, they need to feed as well. I could be wrong though. :)

Valaquen_
7th May 2003, 17:57
I hope so, the Blood Reaver was incredibly powerful, wonder if they've given it a weakness like the wraith blade

Chris@Crystal
7th May 2003, 19:22
Hey,
In LOK: Defiance, both characters are armed with an incarnation of the Reaver -- Raziel with the Soul Reaver wraith blade, and Kain with the "Blood" Reaver (it's not the Soul Reaver, because it's still an empty vessel -- Raziel's soul is not in the blade).
Hope that answers your question.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

blincoln
7th May 2003, 19:29
Raziel's soul is not in the blade

Hah! A thousand theories die a quick death =).

N0V4
7th May 2003, 19:40
LOL!

Man, I got flashbacks from 1996 when I was playing BO.....I used to say that was teh sound of a 1000 virgins screaming in agony when you swing the blade :D

Who knows....maybe it is :eek:

Omega
7th May 2003, 23:23
Originally posted by blincoln
Hah! A thousand theories die a quick death =).

999 are mine - so be quiet! ;) :p

L_Master562
7th May 2003, 23:29
....I totally agree. I thought it was the sound of all the victims of the Reaver beforehand screaming as their souls were eaten away at for eternity. 1000 virgins in their would coincide with all the people I've killed through Bo1 over the years and it was fun killing people for the sake of it.

jesta
8th May 2003, 00:21
Just love the twists and turns this game is turning.
So Raziels soul is not in the physical blade sugesting to me that Raz and Kain will have to find another way to change the time line.
so we have a Paradox and Raziel's final words from sr2 look even more gloomy to us now unless we could find some other soul stealing entiety to put in there like the elder god perhapse, now that would be poetic irony wouldent it:D

well what ever hapens it seems to be following what Mobius said about plunging the fate of planets into chaos. :p

willow
8th May 2003, 00:43
Originally posted by N0V4
LOL!

Man, I got flashbacks from 1996 when I was playing BO.....I used to say that was teh sound of a 1000 virgins screaming in agony when you swing the blade :D

Who knows....maybe it is :eek:

man... and I don't think I could even find 1000 virgins if I tried.

warpsavant
8th May 2003, 01:38
Someone should put all this stuff Chris is saying about the game in one place!

Chris@Crystal
8th May 2003, 01:53
Well... if you all would just ask your questions in one thread it would make it a bit easier for me too. ;)
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Sire
8th May 2003, 04:40
seems we need an "Official ask Chris about Defiance" thread.

Umah Bloodomen
8th May 2003, 04:43
I am sure that the questions will be merged together when Chris has some free time on his hands. Until then, I think the majority can save him the step and keep the interrogations to one thread.

I also realize we are again asking too much here. :rolleyes:

The Amazing Rando
8th May 2003, 05:33
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
I am sure that the questions will be merged together when Chris has some free time on his hands. Until then, I think the majority can save him the step and keep the interrogations to one thread.

I also realize we are again asking too much here. :rolleyes:

I don't see why you even bothered with that, as it was a waste of type. I know it took like zero time for you, but you know that isn't even the slightest possibility.

Umah Bloodomen
8th May 2003, 05:35
Originally posted by The Amazing Rando
I don't see why you even bothered with that, as it was a waste of type. I know it took like zero time for you, but you know that isn't even the slightest possibility.

I'm entitled to humor myself. Can you tell I am that bored? :rolleyes: :p

The Amazing Rando
8th May 2003, 05:39
I caught it, it's just that it's so true (the last little remark) that it's sad.

Umah Bloodomen
8th May 2003, 05:41
Originally posted by willow

I know you could find one without too much trouble. :D

willow
8th May 2003, 05:49
*giggles to himself*

hahah well... man... holy crap...

I have one down... maybe I can use him as a sort of homing device for others.... ;)

N0V4
8th May 2003, 19:33
Originally posted by willow

Not you no! :D

Well Lets say you already found one.
(Yes 16 and still a virgin :p )

Omega
9th May 2003, 12:58
If were sharing... why not throw me in the count too.

Lady Kreliana
9th May 2003, 17:57
And me. So that's what, 3 so far?

N0V4
9th May 2003, 18:53
see, thats ONLY 997 to go.

Angel of Music
13th May 2003, 05:00
I'm 21, NOV4, and I make 4. But to the humor at hand:

Well he is Imortal
Let's hope he dont lose his head

Yeah, I can see a whole rehashing of the Arthur/Black Knight duel played out with Raziel and some random enemy.

*Swipe**Raziel's head falls off* Raziel: "Right! I'll do you for that!"

Evelin The Winged
13th May 2003, 08:03

To be a little serious...lemme think...
How about something similar to what Arthas say's? (Warcraft 3) Like:
'Your pain shall be legendary!' or 'You will know endless torment'

Or how about-- "Die, scum!"

*shrug's* Well they are ideas. =|

Vampmaster
13th May 2003, 11:52
How about:

"Hypocrytes"
"Arrogant human"
"Parasite"

ZeNeR
13th May 2003, 12:49
How about a classic from Monty Python's Holy Grail?

"Bloody peasant!" :D

Evelin The Winged
13th May 2003, 15:14
"Arrogant human" sounds good.
...But how could humans be parasites? That would work well with monsters though.
How about, "Incompetent fool!"

Vampmaster
13th May 2003, 16:17
Yeah, I meant for the monsters.

vampire of balance
15th May 2003, 11:50
Hi, I'm new here but I'm old LoK fan. I think Defiance will be a great game.
So here is my first post
ontopic: Did you remember Drakan, a great '99th game. There was a sword similar to BloodReaver called Mourn Bringer and when you swing it you can hear voices of thousands souls screaming from underworld. I loved that sword, and I would love BloodReaver in Defiance if Crystal make it scream.

Evelin The Winged
15th May 2003, 15:46
How coul the Blood Reaver has souls screaming from it? It doesn't devour souls!

vampire of balance
16th May 2003, 06:01
Originally posted by Evelin The Winged
How coul the Blood Reaver has souls screaming from it? It doesn't devour souls!
Not from it. Just all BR victims are warnig the next one:coool:

Lady Kreliana
16th May 2003, 06:23
Originally posted by ZeNeR
How about a classic from Monty Python's Holy Grail?

"Bloody peasant!" :D

No, no, Raziel would go, "nee!"

ZeNeR
16th May 2003, 11:52
Originally posted by Lady Kreliana
No, no, Raziel would go, "nee!"

*Slaps Lady Kreliana with shrubbery* :)

Too bad that Raziel can't wield a herring... :D

chemicalflava
18th May 2003, 03:40
AHAHAHAHAHA!

Can you say, "PC Hack?"

About the Blood Reaver... In one of the screen shots, the trail that the Blood Reaver leaves behind is red (i.e. the color of blood).

Also a few of the screenshots appear to be in a snowy castle location. This would appear to be Malek's Bastion. My theory is also furthered along by the enemies in this area, which appear to be the "ghost magic Sarafan warriors" created by the machines in Malek's Bastion (BO1 players know what I'm talking about).

And if Raziel can only shift to the material plane by possessing a dead body, than why do the screen shots show Raziel battling enemies? (I'm guessing its a "pre-release type thing")

ALSO!
The Matrix Reloaded is a really really really good movie and people should go see it.

Future's Scribe
18th May 2003, 04:49
I have seen a few references on this board to the game taking place during the BO time frame. Is this something confirmed? To me, it makes more sense to pick up from the end of SR2 and go back since Kain talks about restoring the pilars to their righteous owners, the vampires.

Edit: Takes the shubbery from Zener and plants it in the ground saying "This shubbery isn't going nee where."

10 Points, that mean absolutely nothing, if you can tell me what that's from.

Future's Scribe
18th May 2003, 04:57
Just love the twists and turns this game is turning.
So Raziels soul is not in the physical blade sugesting to me that Raz and Kain will have to find another way to change the time line.
so we have a Paradox and Raziel's final words from sr2 look even more gloomy to us now unless we could find some other soul stealing entiety to put in there like the elder god perhapse, now that would be poetic irony wouldent it:D

well what ever hapens it seems to be following what Mobius said about plunging the fate of planets into chaos. :p

That would be a terrible paradox. Raz would die, since the blade broke in SR since it couldn't eat itself.

Vampmaster
18th May 2003, 12:31
chemicalflava, I think Raz will warp the flesh of his enemies into his own appearance.