PDA

View Full Version : This would be cool

digit
1st May 2003, 00:04
I'm getting worried with TS2. It's only May, and some people have all their plats, and most of us are working out way there. Sometime this game is going to get old, unless we find better people to beat up.

So I got this...idea.

What if in TS3 you could download new maps, challenges, and stuff off the net? Wouldn't that be awesome? Once Timesplitters goes online they should give way to a whole community and all this buzz, like CS. People could make full maps (not just with MapMaker), and maybe some people at Free Radical could stew something up now and then, like an official new multiplayer map or a new set of challenges, or an "Impossible" league...

Heh! Impossible League. First challenge is set in Ufopia, and the goal is to get 10 kills. To get Platinum, you must do it in 8 seconds. For Gold, 10 seconds. For Silver, 13 seconds. For Bronze, 17 seconds.

Although this whole online thing would be impossible. I don't know of any system that's capable of downloading and uploading maps and stuff. I think Xbox has something like a hard drive, but then it wouldn't be fair for PS2 and GameCube, unless they released something like a MEGA memory card, with like 200 MB, or a MEGA memory stick.

Just more wishes :rolleyes:

Reaperbot
1st May 2003, 03:56
Originally posted by digit
I'm getting worried with TS2. It's only May, and some people have all their plats, and most of us are working out way there. Sometime this game is going to get old, unless we find better people to beat up.

So I got this...idea.

What if in TS3 you could download new maps, challenges, and stuff off the net? Wouldn't that be awesome? Once Timesplitters goes online they should give way to a whole community and all this buzz, like CS. People could make full maps (not just with MapMaker), and maybe some people at Free Radical could stew something up now and then, like an official new multiplayer map or a new set of challenges, or an "Impossible" league...

Heh! Impossible League. First challenge is set in Ufopia, and the goal is to get 10 kills. To get Platinum, you must do it in 8 seconds. For Gold, 10 seconds. For Silver, 13 seconds. For Bronze, 17 seconds.

Although this whole online thing would be impossible. I don't know of any system that's capable of downloading and uploading maps and stuff. I think Xbox has something like a hard drive, but then it wouldn't be fair for PS2 and GameCube, unless they released something like a MEGA memory card, with like 200 MB, or a MEGA memory stick.

Just more wishes :rolleyes:

Well there's a hard drive coming for the ps2 just for online games and downloadable stuff so um........reject the gamecube! Just kidding. Well you could always use that newer version of the gc memory card. It would work I guess.

They should also have a buddy list as well and a online game rankings thing.

DrkSnpr14
1st May 2003, 19:28
I cant wait to have anoyone of you in my cross hairs....

Rare
4th May 2003, 22:27
Originally posted by DrkSnpr14
I cant wait to have anoyone of you in my cross hairs....
Just remember that if there in range, so are you.