PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see blood in Free Radical's next Timesplitters game?

digit
28th Apr 2003, 00:46
Would you like to see blood in Free Radical's next game?

I personally would not. It would not fit the cartoonish theme of Timesplitters. It would probably boost the rating up to Mature if they had the blood like in Perfect Dark (In Goldeneye they were just stains, but what's the point? Blood is there to let you know that you hit them, in my case.).

There should be like a beep or something like in Quake III when you hit someone (only in multiplayer) so you know you've done damage.

CaptainAsh
28th Apr 2003, 02:27
Nah,it would ruin the fun feeling in it...I don't really like gore when I think about it..only in fighting games ;)

Reaperbot
28th Apr 2003, 07:16
Nah, doesn't need it!
Heaps of first person shooters are cool without it!
Battlefield,MOHAA,JK2.
Anyway if they did, it would end up in the to be blamed pile by the anti-games parents. DAMN THEM!

Capt_Snow
28th Apr 2003, 07:57
I would not like to see blood for the same resons you guys state especialy the rating

P.S Someone who can change my vote from it should be a option to no please:D

DrkSnpr14
28th Apr 2003, 13:05
I think it should be an option at least. But, on the other hand, they may not get the T for teen rating then. Perfect dark, which got an M for mature, I think went overboard with the blood. Goldeneye, I believe had the right dose of blood. You could see it, but there wouldnt be pools of it around dead bodys.

Reaperbot
29th Apr 2003, 04:15
Wasn't perfect dark released in the same year Timesplitters 1 was released?

If it was, the ppl form FRD would have left RARE by then explaining the blood!

Iiro
29th Apr 2003, 04:23
Originally posted by Reaperbot
Wasn't perfect dark released in the same year Timesplitters 1 was released?

Nope.

drako the duck
30th Apr 2003, 03:27
Blood would be nice but they shouldent overdo it. There should be stains wherever you walk and then people would be able to find and track you down,that would be interesting,thats all.

Rare
30th Apr 2003, 23:21
If blood was put in I think it should be an option. Bloods okay, but only in moderation, just like Goldeneye. And I think they went too far in PD too.

TimeSplittersDude
9th Jun 2003, 19:23
I don't think TimeSplitters needs it it is fine the way it is. If it was rated Mature (i am 12) I wouldn't be able to play it. Plus... WHY? The action is soo fast in timesplitters anyway I dont see how you would see it. TS2 is the fastest gameplay in any game i've seen!

Rare
9th Jun 2003, 20:42
Blood would be nice to see if someone was camping and you would see a big stain (not oozing blood but enough that you would see a trap) and you could avoid it or lob a frag granade in and blow his/her arse to kingdom come.

Ahh...the satifaction of know that there is one more menace out of his/her misery. It would come in handy if the game was online. Other wise it should be off. And if they had it in it then it should be default off.

Hank Nova
10th Jun 2003, 19:08
whenever you go near someone they should explode with blood and guts and there should be blood all over the level after that.

the non-sarcastic answer is no

GST_10%
30th Jun 2003, 00:39
Only to the extent of stains, as in Golden Eye, just so you know where you've taken damage and who's been shot the most. I should be an option though, since most of you are young and don't like it. I could still play it either way.

ex-ion
30th Jun 2003, 18:04
hmm, I personally think this is all fuss about nothing... there should be an option fr blood- perhaps so that it splatters slightly on walls when you shoot people- like the paintballs

UndeadPriest
20th Jul 2003, 13:13
NO!!!But it could be an option.Some Players like to see blood.:confused:

Captin Snow
20th Jul 2003, 20:51
Come to think of it, I've never noticed there wasn't any blood in TS2 before reading this. But now that I think about it, the way the graphics are it'd be better without blood. But if they were to change the graphics (which I wouldn't want them to) yeah, there should be puddles of blood and guts. And certain weapons would make the blood fly onto the camera like the chainsaw in GTAVC. And you should be able to cut out their small intestense and strangle them with it until they're almost dead then stop and cut off one of their legs and beat them over the head with it until their unconscience then sew their legs in their arm sockets and their arms in their leg sockets so when they awake they wont be able to hold their weapon to defend themselves while a pack of hungry wolves rush in and tear them apart limb by limb becuase you didn't do a good sewing job. Then when the wolves are done with their dinner take the bones of the victim and beat the wolves with them until they're dead, eat the meat, and take their corpses and hide under them to discuise yourself from other people with Shotguns. And once they run past you jump up and scare the living hell out of them, grab their shotgun, and blow their head off with it and watch their brain splatter all over the camera and walls as you stand in a 4 inch puddle of blood and win the silver metal for originality. I don't know though, it may get a Mature rating for that, I doubt it though.

RenegadeR109
20th Jul 2003, 21:07
no blood sucks major ass its crap and i mean really crap just doesnt add any effect to the game just raises the age rating

woknokmokpok
22nd Jul 2003, 14:49
I don't think it matters either way. I personally could do without it. I however would like to see the game engine changed to a realistic one.

tm4689
25th Jul 2003, 11:36
who needs it?

IanZL
28th Jul 2003, 05:01
Thought I would be in the minority, but no, I don't think its neccesary. I think it would take away from the charm of the game actually. I mean you've got Red Faction if you want to see bits of people, lets keep TS decent and light-hearted.

Captin Snow
11th Aug 2003, 17:23
lets keep TS decent and light-hearted

Haha, yeah, light-hearted. Lets throw some more miniguns in there as well. I don't see the problem with censors today. It's ok to shoot people, as long as blood doesn't come out. And what's the deal with cuss words too? I bet if they didn't censor all those words they woulda blown over in 10 years like "Groovy" and "Dynomite" did in the 70's.

Captian_Shadow
18th Aug 2003, 23:34
Time Splitters will be good with out blood and I'am 11 :eek: I'am not allowed to play m. About that light hearted stuff We don't need that we need quote a pink fluffy game. NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WE DON"T NEED THAT! Niether blood. Time splitters is good.

robofishzombie
18th Aug 2003, 23:41
Originally posted by Captian_Shadow
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WE DON"T NEED THAT! Niether blood.
I think that's a good summary of this thread.

Thunder
1st Sep 2003, 14:43
why put blood in a game. ok some people think it's cool but I don't care TS2 rullezz with of without blood :D

tangers75
15th Sep 2003, 11:31
I don't think your Mum would be very pleased if she heard you talking like that.

After all, she holds the previous world record in that department at 263.

ModEdit: Housekeeping.. ;)

axel
19th Mar 2004, 16:14
I think that there's a better way for those who want to have blood in TS 2 by avoiding TS to become the target of anti-violent games leagues:

you should have in the option the choice of impacts' color:

Yellow (the normal color when you shoot a character),or...Red,simply:)

that's the better mean to avoid TS to be classified as violent game I find:)

"But if they were to change the graphics (which I wouldn't want them to) yeah, there should be puddles of blood and guts. And certain weapons would make the blood fly onto the camera like the chainsaw in GTAVC. And you should be able to cut out their small intestense and strangle them with it until they're almost dead then stop and cut off one of their legs and beat them over the head with it until their unconscience "

a player that really wants to play a bloody FPS should buy "Soldier of Fortune 2" instead of TimeSplitters :p

Axel

spoondude22
31st Mar 2004, 03:54
timesplitters doesnt need blood, it's supposed to be a cartoony kind of game. plus, less people would play it because of the rating. i am 12, but i can still play M games. blood would take the soul out of timesplitters....:cool:

Muskrat
12th Apr 2004, 21:20
I honestly think that by focusing on blood and the 'realism factor', Timesplitters would lose something. ..better to stick to what it does good, and make it better as well as improving some other areas. Blood is an unnecessary addition...

grndtheftaut0
12th Apr 2004, 22:15
Ach this thread is back again? Back or not back i guess the important thing is that a fellow 'splitter shared his/her opinon. Since this is back im guilty, i would like to see blood. Blood not gore. I mostly play games like GTA, Halo, Mortal Kombat, UT and if anyone has played those they know what i mean. The "amount of blood" in Halo in my opinion a good amount. UT level blood may be too much and take out the unrealisticness, then again monkeys w/ shotguns... . Any way an opition would be Great.

I just like the feeling you get when you rip the spine out of an opponent in the "Final Round" of Mortal Kombat or the blood spewing out after a headshot in UT.

Dont want any one to get grossed out. ;)

Switchblade 69
16th Apr 2004, 11:59
It's gotta be an option, but I think that the game is perfectly fine without blood and gore.

Hupie
18th Apr 2004, 13:12
no blood, not in this game. Or it must be unrealistic, like the rest of the game. Like a big red splash or something but no 'blood-explosions'. It just wouldn't fit in the game.

The Machinist
6th May 2004, 21:26
Yeah, excessive blood wouldnt be very good. Personally, i could live without it on Timesplitters, but then again the "option" to turn it off and on is a good idea. And iff you turn it on the stains should be like the ones you get on Hitman 2 Silent Assasin, that are not "excessive" (people who have played this will know what i mean). But after all, the stains could vanish like the bodies / bullet holes after a while.