PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Maintenance

Pages : [1] 2

larrieance
8th Apr 2013, 07:05
The place to discuss any ongoing maintenance and related issues.

Edited by: Grimoire

---

how long this state ongoing?

member_10693878
12th Apr 2013, 01:37
Is it still undergoing maintence - I cant finish the download ?

member_10693878
12th Apr 2013, 01:46
Is site down for maintence, I cant down load game completly says maintenance for last 2 days ??

Grimoire
12th Apr 2013, 03:00
Which game/service?

[SQUARE ENIX Support Center] support.na.square-enix.com/?utm_source=f... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/?utm_source=footer)

larrieance
12th Apr 2013, 03:05
Which game/service?

[SQUARE ENIX Support Center] support.na.square-enix.com/?utm_source=f... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/?utm_source=footer)

Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn

I think one hour again http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-sealed.gif

member_10294122
13th Apr 2013, 23:51
how do i even download? I login the beta forum and it says disabled by admin? trying to get in since 9 hours after email was sent everyday. When I log in everything i click takes me back to the login. So frustrating,,,

larrieance
14th Apr 2013, 10:47
beta test has been ended

maybe this trade must be close too, thanks for ur answers http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Nagisachan
14th Jun 2013, 07:02
I have this error like this page when I start the game.

frontier.ffxiv.com/beta3/eula.html?lang=... (http://frontier.ffxiv.com/beta3/eula.html?lang=en&region=2)

After that I can't click "Next" to go to next page.

What should I do?

Error = "HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)"

Grimoire
14th Jun 2013, 08:11
Contact [FFXIV Customer Support] support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i... (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1)

member_10831121
14th Jun 2013, 10:41
Contact [FFXIV Customer Support] support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i... (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1)

Im experianceing the same issue, and have uninstalled and reinstalled the clinet with no result

Fubar4585
14th Jun 2013, 22:40
I keep getting this when I try to DL the beta. I see people playing so what gives?

dazedzombie
14th Jun 2013, 23:13
no clue ... currently downloading it myself now...\

Fubar4585
14th Jun 2013, 23:56
I think it's abug. : /

This really sux because it seems rare and will probably be a while before this gets fixed.

sora_heart
15th Jun 2013, 00:36
Alright, after working on this for nearly 4 hours, I have finally figured out all the way to solve this issue and have narrowed it down! If you are unable to link your accounts and get passed the screen all you need to do is the fallowing:

1) Create or get access to a second account on your PS3

2) Turn On Cookies on your internet browser on PS3 (Hitting triangle and going to tools, cookies, Allow)

Once you do these, log into the alternate account and enter you Sqaure ID and Beta Key, which should then take you to the acitivation page and ask if you are sure you want to link the two accounts. Instead of hitting yes, hold down the PS button on the controller and quit back to the XMB Menu. From there, log out of the alternate account and log into your main account, making sure you have your Cookies On and Javescript On, then go back into the game, enter your Square ID, accept that the account mergance, and bomb, your game should start installing the game!

Mine is currently downloading and this has seemed to fix the issue for me and everyone else who has been having trouble getting this game to load up properly. I hope this helps everyone else and have fun playing the game :)

sora_heart
15th Jun 2013, 00:44
I think it's abug. : /

This really sux because it seems rare and will probably be a while before this gets fixed.

Turn on cookies on your PS3 internet browser (hit triangle, select tools, cookies, allow) and make sure Javascript is turned on. This should fix the issue. Have fun in the beta :)

pheonixblack
15th Jun 2013, 00:45
Sounds complicated, ya sure logging in isnt part of the beta test? hah

sora_heart
15th Jun 2013, 00:49

LOL! I know the feeling. Been trying this for hours, but I am so happy I got it to work. Some people are reporting that all you need to do is allow cookies on your PS3 Browser, but IDK if it was just that, so I just put how I did it.

BTW, you want to add eachother over PSN? My user name is therealagent81. Would be nice to have guys to play the game with once I get it downloaded :)

pheonixblack
15th Jun 2013, 00:54
Sure, my PSN is Cimaira. and hah I always thought cookies were bad, everything I knew was a lie, this must be the Matrix.

TronChris12
15th Jun 2013, 01:11
Turn on JavaScript and allow cookies on we browser

TronChris12
15th Jun 2013, 01:11
I mean web lol

Noctisdragoon
15th Jun 2013, 07:14

Afthis reading what Christopher wrote regarding cookies, I remembered that I had my browser's Cookies blocked. After enabling it, I finally managed to get dot download the game. Thanks a lot, man! :)

Sasuke_
15th Jun 2013, 16:22
Go to your ps3 browser and allow cookies, this will take away that maintenance screen. Have fun playing!!!!!

Ma-mashi
15th Jun 2013, 17:58
CHRISTOPHER YOU ARE A GAME SAVER or Life Saver!!!! Which ever you prefer XD Nice Avatar pic it suits the mood XD I would have never thought the cookies from the internet browser of all things. This is one for the boooks Lol

Blink7754
15th Jun 2013, 20:21
this worked! holy crap! i got me past the maintenance page!........then it crashed

Blink7754
15th Jun 2013, 20:32
but no seriously, its downloading now. yay

pheonixblack
15th Jun 2013, 20:46
LETS PLAAAYYY :D

glowingst0ne
16th Jun 2013, 19:30
i finished my download just now then i try to log in it says "undefined" then i checked "world" status it appears "maintenance" is this correct or im the one who got problem?

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 19:35
Beta is only on weekends, although I'm not sure why its not open sunday, I think its a time zome difference, or they're at church/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif.

Fubar4585
16th Jun 2013, 19:37
Agreed. I thought it'd be up until tonight but, it shut down at 2am this morning. won't be back until they announce the date to put it back up.

glowingst0ne
16th Jun 2013, 19:41
i think its GMT+8 thats why..http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 19:44
I wish I could remember what server I'm on so that we could coop when you start playing next weekend, for some reason most people wont coop, so much for the multiplayer parthttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif.

Fubar4585
16th Jun 2013, 19:46
I also wanted to coop. All my buddies were spread out or in different starting areas.

FYI I'm in Ul'Dah and lvl 12. lol. that's my highest lvl toon.

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 19:52
I also wanted to coop. All my buddies were spread out or in different starting areas.

FYI I'm in Ul'Dah and lvl 12. lol. that's my highest lvl toon.

Hah I'm in Gridania, lvl 5, but I was just testing out classes, so that why I'm so lo......solo......so low/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

ssj5gotenks2099
16th Jun 2013, 20:35
well thats pretty lame i didnt know it was weekends only -.-

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 21:06
Yea it sucks, but DC Universe Online and Dust 514 are free to play and free to download on PSN.

glowingst0ne
16th Jun 2013, 21:34
but lets look forward what square enix can do..maybe they will let us play this weekdays also..xD

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 21:49
but lets look forward what square enix can do..maybe they will let us play this weekdays also..xD

Don't play with my heart man./tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

Andres_Beoulve
16th Jun 2013, 21:49
There's a lot of ppl saying that we can play only in weekends, this weekend I downloaded the game, then came to visit my GF, and re-downloaded the game in her Ps3, When was finished, all the worlds were "off line" :c So I did not get to play the beta that i was waiting since december :c

Mogkii
16th Jun 2013, 22:06
i was dissapointed it wasnt the whole weekend got my healer up to level 15. im on catuar server name is pound cake if anyone wants a party. only complaint i had for the beta was the massive lines for the main story quest my husband and i had to wait over an hour in line just to do a quest.

komodozsiik
16th Jun 2013, 22:19
I am on PS3 and on Behemoth so if anyone wants to play with me sometime my in game name is Midori Komodo and my PS3 tag is Komodo_IZ_SiiK.

yeah I hope this isn't only weekend or that is effing stupid but yeah I seen maintenance is going on and was like wttffff

pheonixblack
I don't know if its just me but I think the environmental graphics suck, I had to turn the gamma all the way down just to make it look better.

glowingst0ne

Don't play with my heart man.

im not dude coz we all want to play even its weekdays..hopefully..xD

zigma312
16th Jun 2013, 22:23
so has it been confirm if its only weekends? or that wat ppl are just saying

bioshade2
16th Jun 2013, 22:24
I am on PS3 and on Behemoth so if anyone wants to play with me sometime my in game name is Midori Komodo and my PS3 tag is Komodo_IZ_SiiK.

yeah I hope this isn't only weekend or that is effing stupid but yeah I seen maintenance is going on and was like wttffff

also on behemoth and still trying to figure out chat and partying on the ps3, name is Kitsune Sith if ya want to party

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 22:26

Don't play with my heart man.

im not dude coz we all want to play even its weekdays..hopefully..xD

Hah yea, but atleast I just found out that DCUO and Dust 514 are free MMO's on PSN, so I'll try those out aswell.

zigma312
16th Jun 2013, 22:28
i try out dust and i be honest didnt really like it

ivelis86
16th Jun 2013, 22:29
Come on Square Enix let us play Weekends and Weekdays...i dont have the weekends off and i want to play!! Please leave servers up for ppl like myself on the weeksdays.

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 22:30
i try out dust and i be honest didnt really like it

What didn't you like?, and how long did you play?, I hated FFXIV for the first 10 hours I played it.

zigma312
16th Jun 2013, 22:31
like for about 2 hours and i justquit and unistall it. seem too laggy

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 22:37

Ah thats not long, had I given up on FFXIV that earily I would have thrown away a great game, but you could be right, its 50/50, I guess I'll find out.

glowingst0ne
16th Jun 2013, 22:37
Come on Square Enix let us play Weekends and Weekdays...i dont have the weekends off and i want to play!! Please leave servers up for ppl like myself on the weeksdays.

hahaha..agreed..xD

zigma312
16th Jun 2013, 22:39

hahaha..agreed..xD

i agreed too got home wanting to play and nothing was getting worry it was my internet or something

zigma312
16th Jun 2013, 22:40
Hah yea, but atleast I just found out that DCUO and Dust 514 are free MMO's on PSN, so I'll try those out aswell.

i played DCUO also i spend lots of money there but too slow to level thats why i didnt play it anymore..
[/quote]

i play DCUO too but damm it drags to update if u download it for the first time still have to charaters wont be surprise if they long gone lol

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 22:43

i played DCUO also i spend lots of money there but too slow to level thats why i didnt play it anymore..

i play DCUO too but damm it drags to update if u download it for the first time still have to charaters wont be surprise if they long gone lol

[/quote]

If whats long gone?.

SoulEaterQUEEN
16th Jun 2013, 22:46
I heard it is only weekends too, and I think my friend was saying that all info is on the tester forums so I might as well check it out. I am playing on Behemoth as well. Character is Ryder Hachiko, and I only got to level 4 because I barely played. I tried Archer out!

:)

PSN: SoulEaterQUEEN

I'd love to play with you guys!

zigma312
16th Jun 2013, 22:47
my charaters since i deleted everything that had to do with it was taking up too muchs space

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 22:48
Crap why is everyone on Behemoth?, when phase 4 comes and they erase my character I'll go on behemoth with the new guy I make.

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 22:49
my charaters since i deleted everything that had to do with it was taking up too muchs space

Oh ok.

Sonicfayt
16th Jun 2013, 22:50
Tell you right now, DCUO and Dust 514 do not compare to the amount of fun I was having in ARR beta. I wish they could of left the servers up longer.

zigma312
16th Jun 2013, 22:50
Crap why is everyone on Behemoth?, when phase 4 comes and they erase my character I'll go on behemoth with the new guy I make.

lol im also on bahemoth

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 22:52

lol im also on bahemoth

Hate you/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 22:52
Whats ARR?

glowingst0ne
16th Jun 2013, 22:55
Whats ARR?

ARR=A REALM REBORN /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

Sonicfayt
Whats ARR?

What does FF even mean?

GoJapanese
a realm reborn you non FF player

Paladin_Locke
16th Jun 2013, 22:56

If you were complaining about lag on your PS3 version of the beta, you have internet problems my friend. I was running in FATE's of 50 to 100 people and I didn't even see a stutter. You can't blame SE for that. If you uninstalled it, you're just missing out on a fantastic game. However, if your internet is truly to blame, then you probably wouldn't be able to play it anyhow.

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 22:56
Oooooh, sorry I forgot about that part, Final Fantasty games usually dont have extra words.http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 22:58

If you were complaining about lag on your PS3 version of the beta, you have internet problems my friend. I was running in FATE's of 50 to 100 people and I didn't even see a stutter. You can't blame SE for that. If you uninstalled it, you're just missing out on a fantastic game. However, if your internet is truly to blame, then you probably wouldn't be able to play it anyhow.

He was talking about Dust 514/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

zigma312
16th Jun 2013, 22:58

to let u know i got good internet and i wasnt talking about final fantasy if u look and read i was talking about dust

Fubar4585
16th Jun 2013, 23:00
Didn't even waste my time on dust. Not my thing. However it does suck that there's no more game time for a week. Guess it back to playing Injustice, FFIX, and FF Tactics

Paladin_Locke
16th Jun 2013, 23:00

Yeah, a lot of people from this forum decided to roll on Behemoth. I'm on Gilgamesh however. LVL 16 Lancer - LVL 14 Carpenter - LVL 8 Botanist.

Character name is Kayn Lionfire if anyone wants to look me up. I doubt anyone else is on the same server though. Either way, I'm probably going to stay with the same character name and server starting in phase 4. Unless one of my RL friends has a reason for us to start on some other server.

Fubar4585
16th Jun 2013, 23:02

Yeah, a lot of people from this forum decided to roll on Behemoth. I'm on Gilgamesh however. LVL 16 Lancer - LVL 14 Carpenter - LVL 8 Botanist.

Character name is Kayn Lionfire if anyone wants to look me up. I doubt anyone else is on the same server though. Either way, I'm probably going to stay with the same character name and server starting in phase 4. Unless one of my RL friends has a reason for us to start on some other server.

Brett, you owe me 5 bucks. lol

zigma312
Didn't even waste my time on dust. Not my thing. However it does suck that there's no more game time for a week. Guess it back to playing Injustice, FFIX, and FF Tactics

i hear u man injustice and the last of u for me till i can play it some more

GoJapanese
phase 4 on july, but unknow date

Paladin_Locke
16th Jun 2013, 23:04

Brett, you owe me 5 bucks. lol

I do? What for? lol I'll give you 1 gil in game, but you probably aren't on my server :P

santanathagod
16th Jun 2013, 23:05
Everyone knows behemoth server is where its at even doe I feel like it be to pack in that server and eventualltow ill become to crowded that why I went with the diabolos server has lot of ppl and runs really well

Fubar4585
16th Jun 2013, 23:06
Lol. Well I have been looking for people who actually want to roll in a party so I may switch. Not to mention my guy looks utterly retarded anyway. Think I went to the wrong armor vendor. Might be worth 1 gil eh?

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 23:10

I almost went on Gilgamesh because of Fate/Zero anime /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif, I'm on a server that I cant remember the name of because I made 5 different characters.

Paladin_Locke
16th Jun 2013, 23:11
Lol. Well I have been looking for people who actually want to roll in a party so I may switch. Not to mention my guy looks utterly retarded anyway. Think I went to the wrong armor vendor. Might be worth 1 gil eh?

Switch servers? What server are you on now? Which would you be going to?

Fubar4585
17th Jun 2013, 02:14
I was on Behemoth. But I was thinking of getting on one that may or may not be a little less busy.

Andres_Beoulve
17th Jun 2013, 03:23
Well I think that there's nothing else than waiting to next weekend :C

Noctisdragoon
17th Jun 2013, 04:20
So the Beta's only playable during the weekends? :( I'm on the Leviathan server.

member_10454670
17th Jun 2013, 09:55
So the Beta's only playable during the weekends? :( I'm on the Leviathan server.

The schedule used this past weekend was Friday 2 a.m. PDT to Sunday 2 a.m. PDT. This coming weekend will likely follow suit. Yoshi-P has mentioned that the later stages of the P3 beta (Read: weekends 3 and 4) may be somewhat longer.

Although I believe it is un-confirmed, there are a lot of rumors that phase 4 of beta (considered to be open beta) will be "24/7".

Paladin_Locke
17th Jun 2013, 10:08

The schedule used this past weekend was Friday 2 a.m. PDT to Sunday 2 a.m. PDT. This coming weekend will likely follow suit. Yoshi-P has mentioned that the later stages of the P3 beta (Read: weekends 3 and 4) may be somewhat longer.

Although I believe it is un-confirmed, there are a lot of rumors that phase 4 of beta (considered to be open beta) will be "24/7".

I'm not sure there will even be a fourth week of phase 3. Take a look at the beta roadmap. It states there that phase 3 will be "1 - 3 weeks" so a week 4 seems unlikely. Not impossible though. I would guess that the third week will probably last longer than the 2 days we had this last weekend. Then they'll take a week or two before opening it up for phase 4.

Phoenix327
17th Jun 2013, 10:11
do i have to re apply after this phase is over to test the next phase?

Phoenix327
17th Jun 2013, 10:11
do i have to re apply after this phase is over to test the next phase?

member_10454670
17th Jun 2013, 10:12

I'm not sure there will even be a fourth week of phase 3. Take a look at the beta roadmap. It states there that phase 3 will be "1 - 3 weeks" so a week 4 seems unlikely. Not impossible though. I would guess that the third week will probably last longer than the 2 days we had this last weekend. Then they'll take a week or two before opening it up for phase 4.

This is true although I thought I recalled Yoshi-P saying P3 would be "about a month". Though 3 weeks certainly fits the "about" description. Either way, hopefully we'll get a bit more time in. The servers were incredibly stable after the initial character creation/login blitz friday morning.

Edit: The comment from Yoshi I thought I heard was from E3. This could just be a case of wishful thinking.

Fubar4585
17th Jun 2013, 10:13
Next phase is Open Beta. No beta invite will be needed.

demyxx
17th Jun 2013, 10:17
I wonder if they will treat the OB like official...Will there be voice's by then? Arc/Summ/Schloars to test out?

member_10454670
17th Jun 2013, 11:00
I wonder if they will treat the OB like official...Will there be voice's by then? Arc/Summ/Schloars to test out?

VA will be in at launch and is only planned for the main storyline quests so far. Also I believe they are NOT planning to implement ARC/SCH/SMN by P4, though why I'm not sure. I would post official statements but am having trouble finding them and am at work, sorry.

Zephyrchaos
17th Jun 2013, 11:28
Weekends only :( ah man this means I have to do school work...

Noctisdragoon
17th Jun 2013, 18:56

Alright, thanks for the info, Rhuvian. :)

zulianaSynixiakovaskyalona
18th Jun 2013, 00:59
i finished my download just now then i try to log in it says "undefined" then i checked "world" status it appears "maintenance" is this correct or im the one who got problem?

got the same problem and hell the game need companion that can made by talking to npc and start recruiting them, and train animal to fight with you

zulianaSynixiakovaskyalona
18th Jun 2013, 01:00
also did they fix that glitch at gladiator glitch at the gladiator guild i yelled it across the plaza.

Paladin_Locke
18th Jun 2013, 02:13

got the same problem and hell the game need companion that can made by talking to npc and start recruiting them, and train animal to fight with you

Aside from the obvious complaints that you can't play the beta since it ONLY TAKES PLACE ON WEEKENDS (I wonder how many people are really going to stay uninformed about this), why the hell would they just randomly let you make a combat companion? The game need no companion by talking to NPC. It's already easy enough. Besides, it's already been stated that we'll get companions at some point, but I'm pretty sure you'll have to earn it. I know, the earning thing is scary to many people. It will work out though, I promise.

MidAirMan
20th Jun 2013, 19:31
I am also having this problem.

snowdroid
20th Jun 2013, 20:04
...Did you try moving the mouse/cursor to the lower-left corner and clicking on the box to agree with the above statement?

GoJapanese
21st Jun 2013, 04:53
im still getting white screen maintance after i link my account on the beta, anbody please help!!!!!

member_10520254
21st Jun 2013, 04:59
Its probably still running late, im having the same issue, as well as a few others, give it a little more time.

GoJapanese
21st Jun 2013, 05:05
ok, thanks mystic, i do rally wanna play, lol, my friends are on too, lol, i be just to link account since tuesday, and all i be getting is a white screen maintance, after i link my account on the beta, lol, btw i live in the east cost NA, do you know how long?

member_10520254
21st Jun 2013, 05:11
Not sure, people are playing it atm, not sure whats the issue, ganna go to sleep and hope its up in 5 hours XD

GoJapanese
21st Jun 2013, 05:17
err..... just wanna know if east cost is still on maintance

member_10520254
21st Jun 2013, 06:29
i have 3 friends playing on west and east cost, ps3, and still says matience for me... -.-

member_10231622
21st Jun 2013, 17:56
I'm still getting maintenance screen.

member_10823488
27th Jun 2013, 19:15
square enix sent me the beta key of the ffxiv and i was so exited about it. i downloaded the game but it says that wait until nex beta to play.

i really want to know when can i play, if someone have the schedules of the servers or the beta is aldeady closed.

Please Help me Guys.

member_10322151
27th Jun 2013, 19:19
Calm down and use the search function. Beta periods are on weekends.

timrsings1
27th Jun 2013, 21:09
Seroiusly? It's only playable on weekends? That's my most busy times for the last and next 5 months. If Square-Enix wants some of us to participate, they need to make it an open ended beta because they won't get anything out of me if they just keep it to weekends.

lvnglegnd
27th Jun 2013, 21:11
I can log in on the beta but the the PLAY button isnt lit up and i cant play it

lvnglegnd
27th Jun 2013, 21:15
So i logged in on the beta...but after i log in and i click PLAY nothing happens...

joseph275
6th Jul 2013, 13:57
I was selected to be a beta tester for FFXIV: ARR on the playstation 3, and yet every time I try the initial login procedure and enter my 20 digit code, I'm told the I cannot continue due to the service being unavailable because of maintenance. Does anyone have any info that can possibly help me or anything that can point me in the right direction? I live in the USA; CA to be exact.

joseph275
6th Jul 2013, 16:42
Any one else experiencing this as well?

joseph275
6th Jul 2013, 17:20
Nvm I just had to enable my cookies

cHRONAGE01
6th Jul 2013, 21:58
if your are having the same problems i was with the maintenance Page when you either Register for an account over the Playstation or if you have an account and were trying to link your Sony Entertainment network account with your Squar Enix account or any other reasons and just kept getting a maintenance page like me well i know its very frustraiting it took me forever i called Sony Called squar enix filed it by email untill finaly got an answer from the support and all you need to do is go onto your playstaion then go to internet browser on your playstaion when in your browser press triangle go to tools press right on the D-pad and make sure your java script is on and your Cookies are enabled and Delete your cookies and your Catch the get out of that go into your game and give it another try and your problem should be solved mine was my cookies werent enabled Good Luck and please pass on this to others let them know how they can fix it because i know how it feels... it sucks getting in the beta and getting ready to play but cant. Thank you.

Sorrior
6th Jul 2013, 21:59
I feel that while i may be necroing i shopuld mention that i had this exact same error just earlier today.

Grimoire
7th Jul 2013, 03:22
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

WoolySkywalker
8th Jul 2013, 11:03
I was selected to be a beta tester for FFXIV: ARR on the playstation 3, and yet every time I try the initial login procedure and enter my 20 digit code, I'm told the I cannot continue due to the service being unavailable because of maintenance. Does anyone have any info that can possibly help me or anything that can point me in the right direction? I live in the USA; CA to be exact.

The Beta is only open on Fridays and Saturdays, so try putting in you code on one of those days. I got the e-mail on a Friday, downloaded the game that night and started playing on Saturday. You might want to wait until Phase 4 (open beta) because I'm pretty sure there's only one weekend of Phases 3 (closed beta) left. Which would be the weekend you try to download the game. All characters will be deleted to free up space on the servers. Phase 4 characters will not be deleted. So I would wait, so you can take your character from Phase 4 into the actual game. I'm sorry you didn't get in to the Phase 3.

gameover2499
8th Jul 2013, 12:03
yea eric is right and i believe they will be a week or two break between the end of phase 3 and beginning of phase 4, so you can play it this weekend from friday at 5 am to 5 am sunday.

ExHumor
8th Jul 2013, 13:07
My, my... People should really notice the "POST DATE" on forums before posting such... "appropriate" responses let's say...

Majestyc1k
19th Aug 2013, 19:08
The FFXIV launcher says its still in maintenance. Any word on an ETA? Couldn't find anything on the forums or FB.

Maighdlin
19th Aug 2013, 19:09
The FFXIV launcher says its still in maintenance. Any word on an ETA? Couldn't find anything on the forums or FB.

I believe the beta ended.

Dray42
19th Aug 2013, 19:10
Indeed, beta has ended. You can check out http://xivstatus.com/ for some countdowns to early access and the official launch.

Majestyc1k
19th Aug 2013, 19:23
Yea, once I woke up I realized that.

Bad-Habit
21st Aug 2013, 22:51
redeemed early access etc, got the file download, when i run the updater and launcher it says down due to maintenance, shouldnt this be online so we can download it and get ready for the launch ? any1 else having the same problem

cwlee85
21st Aug 2013, 22:55
redeemed early access etc, got the file download, when i run the updater and launcher it says down due to maintenance, shouldnt this be online so we can download it and get ready for the launch ? any1 else having the same problem

You're not alone. Like you, I have redeemed my early access and installed the launcher. When I run it, it says its down for maintenance also. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

DeviantWolf
21st Aug 2013, 22:57
im getting the same thing here as well

Mashr2010
21st Aug 2013, 22:58
This issue will be resolved a day or two before Early Access starts. The Launcher is in Maintenance mode as the patch needed for Early Access is not ready to be distributed and the game itself is under Maintenance for fixes from the Open Beta. It will be resolved though, so don't worry.

Bad-Habit
21st Aug 2013, 23:00
Well aslong as im not the only one then im worry free :) , thanks for taking the time to reply guys and hopefully see you in game EARLY

Syraanix
21st Aug 2013, 23:39
Where did you get the download client. I have the game in my list of games, but don't see a place to download the client.

AngelPhoenix77
21st Aug 2013, 23:39
oh good, im glad it wasn't just me :) was trying for a few hours to get it to patch on my pc

Amcathra
21st Aug 2013, 23:49
Where did you get the download client. I have the game in my list of games, but don't see a place to download the client.

EU - Download the Game (http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/eu/)
NA - Download the Game (http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/)

If you have the BETA 4 client installed:
Note: if you took part in the Final Beta test of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, you will not need to download the game client again. You just need to patch it once the launcher is done with maintenance

Passed
22nd Aug 2013, 02:42
Hi All,
I have registered my preorder and added my Game code to be able to play for the early launch.

I downloaded the client, which seems to be just the launcher, which I did expect. When I run FFXIV the launcher loads, and I assume it should start the 20gb download at this point. Instead, I get a splash screen saying Maintenance.

Is this expected?
Will the download start sometime soon?

Thanks
Passed

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 02:43
This is normal. The client should be out of maintenance mode by Friday, the day before Early Access starts.

Passed
22nd Aug 2013, 02:45
This is normal. The client should be out of maintenance mode by Friday, the day before Early Access starts.

Thanks Mashr,

Your quick response is appreciated.

Mallust
22nd Aug 2013, 02:46
What Mashr2010 said is correct. But expect some delays always happens with online games.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 02:49
Thanks Mashr,

Your quick response is appreciated.

You're welcome! :D Glad I can help! Depending on how many people are trying to download the patch, your download speed "may" not be optimal, so my suggestion would be to start the download when you can. The patch is usually available around 2am PDT/5am EDT/9am GMT.

DeathLotus
22nd Aug 2013, 03:17
Man I hope they're not serious about opening up the patcher to download the whole game on Friday... They are having problems with server loads as it is... I don't like doing things last minute. If something happens, fingers crossed, then there may be a delay for some of us on early access. They need to allow the updating tomorrow so our download speeds won't be 40 kb/s on Friday.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 03:21
Man I hope they're not serious about opening up the patcher to download the whole game on Friday... They are having problems with server loads as it is... I don't like doing things last minute. If something happens, fingers crossed, then there may be a delay for some of us on early access. They need to allow the updating tomorrow so our download speeds won't be 40 kb/s on Friday.

For the most part, the patching process of the game has gone without issue, despite how many people patched for the Open Beta. Some people reported slower speeds than normal for them, but nothing was drastically slow from what I saw being reported so the patching process should be fine.

Thesourcez
22nd Aug 2013, 03:27
I say start downloading today...why squeeze everyone into one day before the release....it will be so much server load.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 03:30
I say start downloading today...why squeeze everyone into one day before the release....it will be so much server load.

The game is still being fixed and adjusted from bugs and feedback that was received during the Open Beta. The patch for the rest of the game content needs to be made to reflect any changes that were done in this period to eradicate major bugs from being in the Release and Early Access versions of the game.

Belatucadros
22nd Aug 2013, 03:31
I'm on ps3 and was given my early access code (twice, I might add) through email. I wanted to put it in to see if I could at least start the download but instead, faced with this message.

'Code maybe entered incorrectly or maybe expired'

I checked and rechecked the code to make double sure when I plugged it into my PSN and everything was dead on, yet I was still getting that pop up every time I tried it. I'm a bit worried, but I had a feeling it had something to do with all the craziness that's been going on. I just hope my code is not expired, because that would be a bummer.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 03:33
I'm on ps3 and was given my early access code (twice, I might add) through email. I wanted to put it in to see if I could at least start the download but instead, faced with this message.

'Code maybe entered incorrectly or maybe expired'

I checked and rechecked the code to make double sure when I plugged it into my PSN and everything was dead on, yet I was still getting that pop up every time I tried it. I'm a bit worried, but I had a feeling it had something to do with all the craziness that's been going on. I just hope my code is not expired, because that would be a bummer.

This is a known issue currently. You will need to contact support and see if they can help you, or at least ensure that they know that you have been affected with this issue when they release a fix. Theoretically you will still be able to use that code, just not yet, or they may send you a new code if that is what is deemed necessary.

Huli22
22nd Aug 2013, 08:08
Thanks for this thread(I would made one otherwise...) for clearing up the download process. Lets hope the upload servers won't burn tommorow.

AngelicPikachu
22nd Aug 2013, 08:13
If we was in beta we don't need to re-download it right? I just wanna be sure ^^ cause I still have it on my computer from Beta 4

Amcathra
22nd Aug 2013, 08:19
If we was in beta we don't need to re-download it right? I just wanna be sure ^^ cause I still have it on my computer from Beta 4

If you where in Beta 4, you just need to patch the game (around 10gig patch with soundfiles etc). If you don't want to download the patch, you can download the full game which has already been patched game at:

RichardLuciano91
22nd Aug 2013, 09:34
MAINTENANCE??!!! JUST MADE A NEW ACCOUNT TO WORK WITH THIS BOGUS CRAP AND THERE IS MAINTENANCE AT A TIME LIKE THIS RAGGGGEEEEEEEE CAPS RAGEEE

:) Where can I find maintenance information?

Falconreaver
22nd Aug 2013, 10:49
If you where in Beta 4, you just need to patch the game (around 10gig patch with soundfiles etc). If you don't want to download the patch, you can download the full game which has already been patched game at:

Those links are only for the launcher, when they are ready which will probably be tomorrow you will be able to run the launcher then download the game/patch.

madtrojan
22nd Aug 2013, 11:17
Client is now live and currently has allowed me to update for live version. Now says I'm ready for head start please wait till it launches

PoppaDoc
22nd Aug 2013, 11:21
If you where in Beta 4, you just need to patch the game (around 10gig patch with soundfiles etc). If you don't want to download the patch, you can download the full game which has already been patched

wow..."10GBs"?!?? the "patch" is bigger than the actual client?! (mine was 6.5gb~)

Falconreaver
22nd Aug 2013, 11:24
My launcher no longer has the down for maintenance page, can log in and i get a:

"Please wait until the start of the early access period or official launch to access the game."
above the play button.

Amcathra
22nd Aug 2013, 11:31
Those links are only for the launcher, when they are ready which will probably be tomorrow you will be able to run the launcher then download the game/patch.

Didnt know that. I only know that the full release is about 18-20gb large. But if you have the Beta4 client, there is just a patch to finish it, around 10-12gb. I used that link the same day i got the early access email. Downloaded 2 files, 1 for 7335mb and one for 12311mb

EDIT:
I had beta4 client, but I had uninstalled it before i knew that only had to patch it. So I had to redownload it all =(

shadowburg
22nd Aug 2013, 16:18
hey, i had that yesterday, same message about maintenance.

today when i go in the launcher it pops up a straight black screen and gives me an error code

"a system error has occured:-2146697211
http://frontier.ffxiv.com/arr_win/index.html?rc-lang=en=us"

uninstalled the launcher and game, reinstalled and got same thing.

any ideas?

thanks

Amcathra
22nd Aug 2013, 16:23
The language files seems to be missing from the target server. This could be due to maintenance. I suggest waiting a couple of hours then try again. Others have had same issue with german and french language, but your the first i've seen with english. Some have reinstalled and it worked for them, but others havent been so lucky.,

I do suggest uninstalling all beta launchers then reinstall the new one.

shadowburg
22nd Aug 2013, 16:33
ya i never played any beta, so this is my first download.

i did uninstall all and try again, cause just yeasterday it was at least giving me the maintenance message.

thanks

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 08:20
Hey everyone,

So last night I'd thought I'd load up the launcher to see if there was an update (on the wifes profile) and there was a 9mb update for the launcher and then some new service agreements to accept but no big update yet, so I came out of the launcher.

Later in the night I decided to do the same on my other PS3 on my account, did the launcher update fine and then I got a message that I need to register the game serial that comes with the box to play and I was like WTF!

So I decided to check my PS3 account management>transactions>services which I had done previously after using EA code so I knew it did say early access. However when selecting the PS3 account management it said 'Currently unavailable due to maintenance' even though I was signed into the PSN ok.

So does this mean that if the PS3 account management system ever goes down then we won't be able to play even if we're signed into the network? Obviously the game is checking to see if we are authorised to play but if it cannot receive the info due to the PS3 bit being down I gather we're up poop creek without a paddle! :(

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 08:39
Hmmmm very interesting question, though I can't see it being a common downtime it may cause a bit of a problem if that is the case. Well this one has me stumped, great question indeed.

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 08:42
I've had a look on the Lodestone forums and quite a few people were talking about this, no-one seems to know much other than it didn't work when PS3 account management was down for maintenance and it works when it's not lol

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 08:43
Okay it would appear that sony did in fact do a maintenance to fix some issues with FF 14, so it would appear you don't have much to worry about. Anyway this is the thread where I found the info: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=5005

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 08:46
I've had a look on the Lodestone forums and quite a few people were talking about this, no-one seems to know much other than it didn't work when PS3 account management was down for maintenance and it works when it's not lol Yeah I see how it could be a potential problem for console users. But since this is a Sony problem and not an SE problem I can't imagine people would get compensation for such forced downtime.Unless of course SE have an arrangement with Sony for it.

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 08:47
Can't view that page from work PC but cheers for finding the info. Hopefully this won't really be an issue because that's the first time I've seen the account management down but that said I don't go in there much lol
Let's just hope no-one takes the PSN down for 2 months again! (did I just jinx it?! lol)

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 08:49
Yeah I see how it could be a potential problem for console users. But since this is a Sony problem and not an SE problem I can't imagine people would get compensation for such forced downtime.Unless of course SE have an arrangement with Sony for it.

Sony would be getting gang banged from the rear if they has severe downtime resulting in people not being able to play a subscription game like this, a free copy of LBP ain't going to cover it this time lmao

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 08:51
Sony would be getting gang banged from the rear if they has severe downtime resulting in people not being able to play a subscription game like this, a free copy of LBP ain't going to cover it this time lmao Very true hahahaha , in fairness to Sony though, they have very minimal downtime anyway ( I'm a ps3 user myself ) so unless something bad happens on their end I can't see it being too big of a problem,but a problem non the less.

Ravittsu
23rd Aug 2013, 08:51
Sony would be getting gang banged from the rear if they has severe downtime resulting in people not being able to play a subscription game like this, a free copy of LBP ain't going to cover it this time lmao

lmaoo so true.. instant switch to xbox if that **** were to ever happen again

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 08:53
I ended up replaying old classics like Secret of Mana and Xenogears on my PSP :D

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 08:59
:D while I've been waiting for early release I've been play FFX and FFX-2 ( love those games ) attempting to get 100% on 1st play through on FFX-2. Very time consuming but that's 1 thing I've not done so it's keeping me busy :P

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:03
:D while I've been waiting for early release I've been play FFX and FFX-2 ( love those games ) attempting to get 100% on 1st play through on FFX-2. Very time consuming but that's 1 thing I've not done so it's keeping me busy :P

I'm waiting for the HD release of those, I'm a trophy whore lol, I actually never finished X-2, yes I am ashamed lol

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 09:05
I'm waiting for the HD release of those, I'm a trophy whore lol, I actually never finished X-2, yes I am ashamed lol hahaha yeah I'm waiting for those too, the last progress report I read on them,they were nearly finished so hopefully it's later in the year :) and SHAME ON YOU!! I can't talk to you now....... lmao

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:08
I had a cough *suspicious* version on my PS2 (due to the long delay from the US to EU release, seriously it takes 4-6 months to add a few vowels?!)
I then bought an original for my Phat PS3 but I think XIII came out so never got round to finishing it,

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 09:12
I'm also ashamed.... I never finished XIII :( this was due to other reasons though and not my dislike for it.

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:16
Ah-ha! Your shame cancels out my shame so we're both Shameless! Does that make me Frank Galligher? lmao

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 09:21
hahahaha I guess it does xD

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:23
If that's the case then can I borrow a tenner for a pint and 2 E's? lmao

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 09:25
" I had to wait 4 hours at A & E 'cause of someone queue hopping! Who cares if he was shot? He shot HIMSELF. Some people are so selfish." that line slayed me lmao!!

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:27
Lmao :D

BlazingEagle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:46
Ever since Wednesday I keep trying to register an acct and what not but I keep getting this page that says it's under maintenance. Am I the only one getting this or are there others out there, experience this deep deep wound to the gaming heart?

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:47
Is this in reference to the SE account management website or on the launcher?

BlazingEagle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:51
SE Account Management.

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:53
What's the website address you're using? I can access this: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account
This is the log on page but also has a register new account button on the right hand side

BlazingEagle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:56
Yeah. That one. I keep getting a "service is unavaliable due to maintenance. please try again at a later time." page. Starting to piss me off a bit...

BlazingEagle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:57
But when I log onto this one: http://na.square-enix.com/us/ It works just fine.

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 10:00
Yeah. That one. I keep getting a "service is unavaliable due to maintenance. please try again at a later time." page. Starting to piss me off a bit...

Very strange, that page loads fine for me. Sorry I can't be much more help. Have you tried a different browser or clearing your cache?

Anheas
23rd Aug 2013, 11:19
I would suggest you clear the cache from the browser.

If you are using Chrome go to settings,Show Advanced setting and click Clear Browsing Data.

Drasken
24th Aug 2013, 21:48
Looks like I get to be a Square Enix intern for the weekend.

At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance. During this period, the Worlds listed below will be unavailable.

As we previously announced on the “Regarding the Instance-Related Issues (Aug. 24)” announcement, we will be conducting maintenance to address the issue wherein players are unable to access instances.

While we previously stated that we will be optimizing the servers prior to the emergency maintenance, we will require additional time to also implement counter measures to decrease the load on the servers.

While we estimate the time frame of the maintenance to be around two and a half hours, we will do our best to complete the maintenance as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 24, 2013 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Worlds]
North American/European Data Center Worlds
- Adamantoise
- Balmung
- Behemoth
- Cactuar
- Cerberus
- Coeurl
- Diabolos
- Excalibur
- Exodus
- Faerie
- Gilgamesh
- Goblin
- Hyperion
- Lamia
- Leviathan
- Malboro
- Midgardsormr
- Moogle
- Odin
- Phoenix
- Ragnarok
- Sargatanas
- Shiva
- Siren
- Ultros

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 21:49
Thanks Drasken. Sad how players are the ones helping other players get through this and not SE themselves.

Brojam
24th Aug 2013, 21:58
Big queue times incoming, I think SE underestimated the NA/EU interest in the game...

TinSparrow
24th Aug 2013, 22:02
Come on SE, get it together already.

Cloud13
24th Aug 2013, 22:04
you got it wrong Drasken its from 3:00pm PDT TO 00:30 PDT !!!

Nangasaur
24th Aug 2013, 22:05
Question: Why do the JP servers not have any of these problems?

View_Ryuuzoku
24th Aug 2013, 22:16
Damn, well back to watching anime.

Lukums
24th Aug 2013, 22:18
When did the ******* servers go down? And how long on their 2.5 hr maintenance is remaining. ******* Bull ****. Hit level 22 and now waiting... zzz

Lukums
24th Aug 2013, 22:18
Also Japan doesn't have issues because their all Asian as if they would screw each other over, Priority. Standard.

Drasken
24th Aug 2013, 22:21
So, if the close of 1.0 coincided with the Calamity that ended the world, does this mean this new problem is the work of the Beast Men? I'm looking at you Sahagin! FFXIV is an alternate reality game! Best world event ever.

Ripsco
24th Aug 2013, 22:23
I just woke up from a power nap and tried logging in... Until I read this I thought I might have gotten hacked lol

Lukums
24th Aug 2013, 22:31
You know why this is so fail.

8 hours 30 minutes ago they announced that there was issues with quests/dungeons/instances. Why not take the server down then?

No Let's wait 9 hours - basically and take the servers down during peak time. How ******* bad do you guys want to be. I knew there would be issues during launch but way to drop the ball on this one.

... also... Wtb a real staff member posting updates not some random. k thx.

Kiritos
24th Aug 2013, 22:51
Thanks Drasken. Sad how players are the ones helping other players get through this and not SE themselves.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Brojam
24th Aug 2013, 22:52
They did take the servers down earlier and it didn't fix the issue which is clearly overloaded servers.

Azusa-chan
24th Aug 2013, 22:52
good start so far

Swiftray
24th Aug 2013, 22:55

Do you really think this is the Main priority?
They announced this in the Launcher, everyone can easily see it ...

They have a lot to do, i dont want to be a person who works there hardly and fast as i can and hear only "qq ure so bad there, nothing happens" from the Community.

Zmoney03
24th Aug 2013, 23:42
the maintenance thats taking place right now what time will it be over if your playing in Georgia its 7:42pm now

Swiftray
24th Aug 2013, 23:45
in addition: here a scene from FF XII if youre bored

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcanwmA0C8I

Ripsco
24th Aug 2013, 23:46
the maintenance thats taking place right now what time will it be over if your playing in Georgia its 7:42pm now

In about an hour and 15 minutes it should be back up according to the first post.

xXShiroXx
24th Aug 2013, 23:48
43 more mins guys

Dominov
24th Aug 2013, 23:54
13h waiting for play whit my friends in one fck server can't create any character 25$ for this? and u are working on instances good job... this is a horrible service.

Zmoney03
25th Aug 2013, 00:03
so it should be up at 8:30pm or 9:00pm?

Zmoney03
25th Aug 2013, 00:23
so its over at 9:00

Cloud13
25th Aug 2013, 00:24
servers are up again

Azghard
25th Aug 2013, 00:37
no they arent... just JP is. They have anti tsunami protection, so even server cant get down

archy1985
25th Aug 2013, 00:50
hey men can you PLEASE help me? i didnt get my early access code and i pre ordered 2 days ago.

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 02:06
hey men can you PLEASE help me? i didnt get my early access code and i pre ordered 2 days ago.

A lot of people are having that problem, and a lot of them have been waiting much longer than two days (I have seen some that have been waiting since July.) I saw on Square's site that they are sending out access codes every 15 minutes, but to be patient. There are a lot of people in line. Also, they probably have a majority of their support staff working on the current maintenance which affects all players, and will address more individual issues once that is taken care of. All you can do is submit a ticket on their support page and then wait.

Back to the topic of the thread, has anyone seen any updates about the servers? I saw on the twitter feed a few hours ago that maintenance was finished earlier than expected, but arrstatus.com is still showing the NA/EU servers down, and I have not been able to access the world list.

Lukums
25th Aug 2013, 02:15
Hello.

I don't know why Square Enix fails to much, this was there time to get something right.

No idea why we rushed to play on the head start or even paid for this game.

They took the servers down for EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE which fixed NOTHING.

The story line quests still bugged the duty finder still bugged.

Why take the servers down when you DIDNT FIX ANYTHING.

So ******* annoying.

Great so servers will be coming down again because you asian morons couldn't fix **** the first time.

G ******* G.

Swiftray
25th Aug 2013, 02:55
Hello.

I don't know why Square Enix fails to much, this was there time to get something right.

No idea why we rushed to play on the head start or even paid for this game.

They took the servers down for EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE which fixed NOTHING.

The story line quests still bugged the duty finder still bugged.

Why take the servers down when you DIDNT FIX ANYTHING.

So ******* annoying.

Great so servers will be coming down again because you asian morons couldn't fix **** the first time.

G ******* G.

Troll?

That isnt true. I had Error 90.000 and after the Maintenance i could login and finish the Legacy. So the Maintenance was a success.

Lukums
25th Aug 2013, 03:09
Troll?

That isnt true. I had Error 90.000 and after the Maintenance i could login and finish the Legacy. So the Maintenance was a success.

If you knew what I was talking about, maybe you'd understand.

They had announced in the game that there are KNOWN issues to them in regards to duty finder/quest line - story quests progression.
We can't progress through the game because of these issues which still aren't working from 13 hours ago. Doesn't make sense to me.

KalumAFC
25th Aug 2013, 03:52
It's early access, things like this happen. Instead of *****ing like little girls. Go outside, play a different game, go to sleep, watch something on Netflix or TV and come back tomorrow.

Kagetoma
25th Aug 2013, 04:09
"At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

*Please refer to the link below for details regarding the maintenance.
http://sqex.to/Bbf

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 25, 2013 from 12:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. (PDT)

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn"

Mallust
25th Aug 2013, 04:25
I"M so sick of people standing up for Fail Launches in this day and age they should plan for very high incoming of people not make excuses that our servers cant handle the piece of **** game. This game well not last and it is 1.0 all over again. FAIL.

Mallust
25th Aug 2013, 04:31
And it still wont fis a damn thing cause their servers cant handle more then a hundred people on them. Worst GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED and it will go right where 1.0 went in the garbage and offline.

KalumAFC
25th Aug 2013, 07:14
That's the problem. You can't anticipate stuff like this. If you "overprepare" your servers and don't get as many people as you thought, then it costs more in server costs and the profit margins go out of whack. Under prepare and this happens. It's much safer to under prepare and then upgrade the servers when needed.

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 07:34
That's the problem. You can't anticipate stuff like this. If you "overprepare" your servers and don't get as many people as you thought, then it costs more in server costs and the profit margins go out of whack. Under prepare and this happens. It's much safer to under prepare and then upgrade the servers when needed.

That's also part of the reason for early access after the beta tests. Slowly adding more and more players, finding their limitations, and upgrading from there.
If you want to play with no bugs, wait a month or two, then log in. If you come in right at or before launch time, expect issues.

Kiritos
25th Aug 2013, 14:40
Well as we all know....down again :( I didn't see an ETA on how long it'll be down though, anyone know?

MelvilleMortis
25th Aug 2013, 14:41
Did it just say so in game?.. because most of us cant even get that far, all we get is error messages 8D

Kiritos
25th Aug 2013, 14:43
Well I should be more correct, i'm assuming another server maint down time since all the worlds are down. I don't think any of us had a warning :( so I didn't know if SE notified anyone anyway, or just decided to take it all down in the middle of the day....again...

MelvilleMortis
25th Aug 2013, 14:44
They still seem to be online.. I wish they would just update their damn twitter already.

noob45
25th Aug 2013, 19:08
2013/08/25 14:00 Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 25): Follow-up
We are continuing to limit the number of logins following the emergency maintenance on Aug. 25, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. We will continue to control the number of logins to prepare for the upcoming user influx that we expect during peak hours. If you are currently unable to login, please try again at a later time.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment.

2013/08/25 13:00 GM Petition Service Technical Difficulties (Aug. 25)
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the North American GM Petition Service due to a network maintenance. The issue is currently being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

The European GM petition service is operating as normal and users may still place GM calls for urgent issues. However, please be aware that there may be significant delays until these GM calls can be answered.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 25, 2013 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
- North American GM petition service for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn is unavailable.

[Cause]
Network maintenance

[Affected Services]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn GM Petition Service

2013/08/25 12:09 Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 25)
After the emergency maintenance on the North American/European data Worlds which was conducted from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 25, to confirm the optimization of the matching server for the Duty Finder, we will be limiting the login more than usual. We will be relieving the limitation gradually as we see oversee the status.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may caues, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment.

2013/08/25 11:59 Recovery from Several Worlds Login Difficulties (Aug. 25)
During the following time period, players were unable to log into the North American/European data center Worlds on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

We are pleased to announce that the issue has been addressed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 25, 2013 from 6:39 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
Unable to log into several Worlds on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

[Affected Worlds]
- Adamantoise
- Balmung
- Behemoth
- Cactuar
- Cerberus
- Coeurl
- Diabolos
- Excalibur
- Exodus
- Faerie
- Gilgamesh
- Goblin
- Hyperion
- Lamia
- Leviathan
- Malboro
- Midgardsormr
- Moogle
- Odin
- Phoenix
- Ragnarok
- Sargatanas
- Shiva
- Siren
- Ultros

2013/08/25 11:32 Several Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 25): Follow-up
The emergency maintenance that is currently underway on several Worlds is now scheduled to end at approximately 9:30 a.m. (PDT) on Aug. 25, 2013.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for our customers and thank you for your patience.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 25, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. (PDT)

[Affected Worlds]
- Adamantoise
- Balmung
- Behemoth
- Cactuar
- Cerberus
- Coeurl
- Diabolos
- Excalibur
- Exodus
- Faerie
- Gilgamesh
- Goblin
- Hyperion
- Lamia
- Leviathan
- Malboro
- Midgardsormr
- Moogle
- Odin
- Phoenix
- Ragnarok
- Sargatanas
- Shiva
- Siren
- Ultros

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 19:15
Thank you for posting this! I think a lot of the anger coming out in this forum is from people who can't find information anywhere else, and since SE isn't active here they think they are just getting ignored and not being given any information on what is happening.
All we can do is keep posting positive things and updates for people who don't know where to find them and hope that once everyone gets in-game this will turn into a more useful forum.

noob45
25th Aug 2013, 19:18
These updates are copied and pasted from the login screen for FFXIV. Of course players who can't download the client won't be able to see these updates, but those of us who have the client and are waiting on their servers to come back up have access to this information.

Gipetto
25th Aug 2013, 21:31
All most of us really want is for you to acknowledge that your screwing people over and that your working on finding a way to fix this royal screw job. Because right now your technically stealing from us.

Marzbarz85
25th Aug 2013, 21:47
all i want is for them to fix b4 release but an update would be nice to

Aeromoth
25th Aug 2013, 23:23
Oh they aren't completely ignoring us. We are getting all those little lovely "were sorry and please be patient" messages on the main site. But last I checked that's about the same animal. They really need to get their collective acts together. They also seriously need to do something to make it right to all the NA/EU customers. Since last I checked breach of contract was sort of a no no.

Crumdum
26th Aug 2013, 04:05
We will be performing maintenance at the following date and time in order to address login issues being experienced on Worlds hosted on the North American and European datacenter.During this period, players will be unable to log in to the Worlds listed below.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 25, 2013 from 9:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. (PDT)

[Affected Worlds] - Adamantoise
- Balmung
- Behemoth
- Cactuar
- Cerberus
- Coeurl
- Diabolos
- Excalibur
- Exodus
- Faerie
- Gilgamesh
- Goblin
- Hyperion
- Lamia
- Leviathan
- Malboro
- Midgardsormr
- Moogle
- Odin
- Phoenix
- Ragnarok
- Sargatanas
- Shiva
- Siren
- Ultros

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the North American Square Enix Support Center. The issue is currently being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 25, 2013 from 12:30 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
- Assistance from the Support Center is unavailable.

[Cause]
Under investigation

GoldX18
26th Aug 2013, 04:31
Thank you, nice to see a helpful post for once

Crumdum
26th Aug 2013, 04:48
No worries! If you go to finalfantasyxiv.com and log in, you can see the notices on the left hand side of the screen. They've also talked about how they've limited the log ins for maintenance a few times:

"As we previously announced, we are continuing to limit the number of logins in order to address the high server load. We are slowly lifting the login restriction, so if you are currently unable to login, please try again at a later time.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment. "

Crunchyblack21
26th Aug 2013, 04:59
Ok good, they are fixing the servers. What about people stuck with no code or an invalid code.

Do they ever plan on addressing these people? At least let us know where we stand and when we can expect code delivery and or invalid codes to be redeemable. Ive gotten verification from GMG that the code I have is valid and for my region...

Does anyone at SE plan on addressing all the people who paid and got no redeemable code?

Demi__God
26th Aug 2013, 05:11
It is back up yet?

Nangasaur
31st Aug 2013, 01:04
So, while I was sitting there playing the 1017 game like I have all afternoon and evening...eventually I get the message about not being able to retrieve character data, etc.

I eventually make my way to the other forums, and apparently everyone who WAS playing, got a message in-game half an hour ago that the servers were going down immediately for emergency maintenance.

Yet, there's NO message on the Lodestone. No message here. No message on the launcher. And the launcher even says the NA/EU servers are all online currently! What the heck?

This is some serious, serious mismanagement of customer relations and support.

Kiritos
31st Aug 2013, 01:06
So, while I was sitting there playing the 1017 game like I have all afternoon and evening...eventually I get the message about not being able to retrieve character data, etc.

I eventually make my way to the other forums, and apparently everyone who WAS playing, got a message in-game half an hour ago that the servers were going down immediately for emergency maintenance.

Yet, there's NO message on the Lodestone. No message here. No message on the launcher. And the launcher even says the NA/EU servers are all online currently! What the heck?

Sounds about right, lacking of everything and not being able to log in at all the past 2 days...

Paleoak
31st Aug 2013, 01:07
I agree, something must be up. Can anyone find and link a forum post somewhere?

VanishingPuppet
31st Aug 2013, 01:08

Yeahhhh I think Lodestone is down, I can't log in. I got the maintenance with no explanation as well, played for about ten more minutes and got canned. I think the Stone has been down since this morning and it has something to do with the subscriptions linking to the accounts (like your characters and everything being on Lodestone) so they have to fix it.

xaiobaicai
2nd Sep 2013, 16:32
http://postimg.org/image/63kpchi4b/
less than 2 weeks... so much actions and promises but none resolved... /joke

Swiftray
2nd Sep 2013, 16:45
http://www7.pic-upload.de/02.09.13/pd2in9lppm9e.jpg (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-20604251/srsly-no-way-2.jpg.html)

midnightsnow
3rd Sep 2013, 05:13
why are you bumping up the JP server maintenance when NA/EU servers are MUCH worse do you favor them that much

Esperkinz
3rd Sep 2013, 06:03
Obviously not if they had to move the update ahead a full day. Just relax the maintenance will be done tomorrow, and than hopefully we can all be happy.

firespark77
3rd Sep 2013, 06:10
SE may release games globally,but they are a japanese company.They have more of a loyalty to them,besides if they focussed only on NA/EU the japanese people would be saying why aren't you working on our servers or something like that.But yeah i see your point and as esperkinz says hopefully once it's done we can all be happy.

TheRealKraggy
3rd Sep 2013, 06:30
why are you bumping up the JP server maintenance when NA/EU servers are MUCH worse do you favor them that much
What do you expect them to do in the NA/EU server farm right NOW? This JP maintenance is to fix widespread 90000 errors which we are not suffering from to such a large extent, it is NOT adding the new servers.

So quit whining about SE's JP favouritism, there is NOTHING that SE can do on the NA/EU servers TODAY!

xlostsoulsx
3rd Sep 2013, 07:23
Hi all,

Does anyone know what time does the maintenance start? I live in Australia. Apparently, in US it starts at 5pm to 3am. What time will it start in Australia?

Hippy_Pickle
3rd Sep 2013, 07:52
Do you mean for the all world maintenance on the 4th? If so it's 00:00 till 10:00 (GMT) or 1am till 11am UK BST which I think converts to 10:00 till 20:00 (10am to 8pm) AEST. I based it on the Sydney timezone as wasn't sure if there are several in Aus.

Hope this helps :)

Teadax
3rd Sep 2013, 08:12
That's a lot of CAPS right there, lol.

xlostsoulsx
3rd Sep 2013, 09:03
Do you mean for the all world maintenance on the 4th? If so it's 00:00 till 10:00 (GMT) or 1am till 11am UK BST which I think converts to 10:00 till 20:00 (10am to 8pm) AEST. I based it on the Sydney timezone as wasn't sure if there are several in Aus.

Hope this helps :)

thanks for that! Guess i will play hardcore. lol

Hippy_Pickle
3rd Sep 2013, 09:08
No probs mate, it does seem that with the different timezones this maintenance hits many regions in prime time doesn't it? Whereas for us here in the UK it's early to mid morning, and people are saying SE favour the JP servers more but this works out good for UK and EU gamers for a change! Fingers crossed it solves most if not all of the difficulties and people can start really enjoying the game :)

xlostsoulsx
3rd Sep 2013, 09:14
Yeah. There are a lot of complains about people trying to get in the game but keeps getting error. lol

Nangasaur
6th Sep 2013, 02:56
...I figure it was safe to zone to a different part of the city I was in. Nope. Error 90000!

Now when logging in, it's perpetual 1017 error on the login server. Not the game server...the LOGIN SERVER.

What, exactly, did this 5-minute maintenance supposedly fix for world congestion? Oh, that's right. If people can't login, there's no world congestion!

TheHolyPug
9th Sep 2013, 10:14
Well after wed. maintanence i would say things were a lot smoother. But today (Sunday) i was having DC issues off and on all day. I was getting the 90000 error, i was getting the NA/EU servers not coming up, etc etc. Was anyone else unstable on Sunday too?