PDA

View Full Version : Secret of Evermore

member_10000903
8th Jun 2012, 11:53
I am one of those rare breeds that actually rewlly, really enjoyed Secret of Evermore with its pretty unusual story, the bond between man and dog especially, along with the look and feel of the game. Are there any others like me out in the world?

8th Jun 2012, 13:14
If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure this was one of those games that caught my eye at the store countless times, but I never actually bought or rented. Later on when I got older and internet became a thing people seemed tro think the game wasn't very good, so I never went back to it. But every once in awhile I see someonen who thought it was awesome.

How's the gameplay like, or what more specifcially did you like about the story/characters/world?

member_10000903
8th Jun 2012, 14:15
If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure this was one of those games that caught my eye at the store countless times, but I never actually bought or rented. Later on when I got older and internet became a thing people seemed tro think the game wasn't very good, so I never went back to it. But every once in awhile I see someonen who thought it was awesome.

How's the gameplay like, or what more specifcially did you like about the story/characters/world?

The gameplay was very much Secret of Mana-esque that starts off with this 1950's vibe, then turns into this time travelling scenario that gets more and more surreal later on. I liked the story, the hammy dialogue, the crazy events in the game, and the music was pretty good. Granted, it may not be as memorable as Secret of Mana, but it was so different that I latched onto it more.

tiaeltaru
8th Jun 2012, 14:33
I loved Secret of Evermore, maybe moreso than Secret of Mana for it's quirkiness.

Wish it would have released on the Virtual Console here.

member_10803802
10th Aug 2012, 17:39
So I was unpacking some old stuff and my game and box for the old SNES title The Secret of Evermore fell out. Then I remembered how much I loved the game. I'm also surprised being a square game there's no forum for it... and the first for the american team... Now I'm curious if anyone else loved it as much as I do?

Then it hit me, they're releasing all these old games again, and why hasn't this one been re-released, I'd buy it day one. I also love how you can run into Cecil and Rosa in one area running a shop with the items from their adventure.

princeofkings86-226730
24th Aug 2012, 08:59
heck yeah i would buy it 2

member_10803802
24th Aug 2012, 09:52
I'm surprised no one else has replied to this. That game was full of win and I'm not sure but it may have been the first game with emphasis on the dog companion.

nick1327
5th Sep 2012, 12:53
Looking for this game is how I got onto this forum actually. Trying to find a release date, or an official confirmation/denial of whether or not it will ever be re-released, specifically on the Wii VC. Still have my old console anyway, and could order the game used for $18, but it's a shame that Square Enix doesn't want to gain access to that market yet.

j0ester
5th Sep 2012, 13:24
I'm still waiting for SoE and SoM to be downloadable to my phone aka Android. NO iOS! :(

member_10803802
12th Sep 2012, 15:31
I kno this game is awesome and is weofully undercredited and appreciated we need it now!!!!! SCREW VERSUS XIII, SCREW KH3, WE NEED EVERMORE!!!!!

member_10803802
12th Sep 2012, 15:31
I kno this game is awesome and is weofully undercredited and appreciated we need it now!!!!! SCREW VERSUS XIII, SCREW KH3, WE NEED EVERMORE!!!!!

Repoman715
12th Jan 2014, 23:20
I also love this game. Played it a ton on SNES and would play it more on ipad/3DS if it were available. If it is released on ipad I ask that it get controller support please! =D

GenLeoCristophe
6th Jun 2014, 19:11
I'm trying to get some attention here. I don't know from who, but somebody needs to understand that THE SECRET OF EVERMORE was one of the best video games Square ever made. Has this game ever gotten consideration for a sequel?

I understand that I probably could have posted this under the MANA series forum, because the engine's that ran the games were so similar. Honestly though, Secret of Evermore was a superior title. The interaction with the enemies was more challenging. The alchemy system was pure genius. Does anybody remember how bad ass blasting a flowering death with a Nitro spell was? Even better, the process of collecting the ingredients and creating the spells?

The story line was awesome, the non-playable characters throughout the game were essential, and all the secret items throughout the environments made the game endlessly fun.

Somebody! Please lobby to bring this game back. Can't we at the very least have it re-released for the Ipad or on PSN or XBLIVE!!!! bring it back!!