PDA

View Full Version : And yet again more problems...

Dark Fire
25th Apr 2003, 13:47
Am I doomed to run FF7 in software mode? I'm using a GeForce 4 Ti 4400 and my OS is Windows 98 SE. I've tried the FAQ's help on by using the Riva patches, but those did not help. Is there any other patches that I can use? Oh, I'm using the latest Detenator drivers, and I've tried using Riva Tuner, but I don't have a clue on what I'm doing on it.

Thanks for any help!

Rengar
25th Apr 2003, 14:28
It should work....

By just coping the FF7config.exe from the patch, selecting Hardware mode, and then play. don't select any of the Riva stuff.

The 8 bit pallet test should say PASS, before you do all of that.

Dark Fire
25th Apr 2003, 22:26
I tried that, with the patch, and all of the things on the side bar say FAIL, except for 8-bit palletted textures, that just has ---. I am using DirectX 9, which I forgot to mention. Maybe that has something to do with it? Well, the Hardware mode isn't available as an option to select, and the nVidia box is greyed out, only the TNT and 128 radio options are listed. :(

Rengar
28th Apr 2003, 15:23
It's probably the DX9, then....
Maybe Nvidia doesn't have a DX9 compatible driver yet. Your either have to wait until they release a more compatible driver, or reinstall windows.

Or maybe.....is your Direct3d Acceleration disabled. It's been a while, but somewhere in DirectX there was a way to disable Direct3d. I think it was in Dxdiag, but I'm not sure. I haven't messed with that setting since, DX5.1.

Dark Fire
28th Apr 2003, 23:00
Well, it could be, because later on after posting that my directX was pretty much gone. Seriously, none of the tests worked (or passed for that matter) and nothing was running. So I went out and bought windows XP and used the XP patch, so I got hardware acceleration and I'm using the DirectX 9.0a drivers. I had a problem with Warcraft 3 too, but someone told me to find new drivers for my motherboard and now it works. That could of been the problem, but I don't care anymore, it works. :D

Sadly though the XP patch has corrupted fonts, and the creator of it is on vaction from what I hear. Oh well, can't always get everything. :p

3car
3rd May 2003, 11:45
Hi-

you say the 128 and TNT options are listed?

can you select either one?

if so, select the TNT option, click and apply.

that will set the hardware mode.

you can tweak from there.

-luck