PDA

View Full Version : No TS3?

spanks
24th Apr 2003, 20:16
Could this preclude a TS3?

---------------------
In a news story by C&VG they state that Free Radical are working on a third-person action stealth game for all the next-gen consoles.

One of their sources stated "It's a third-person action title with a bit of stealth in there - it'll be a huge departure from TimeSplitters but is shaping up to be amazing." so this new game may not be another TimeSplitters game but it looks as if it will be similar.

Eidos who handled the two TimeSplitters games are not handling this one, and it is believed that a major publisher will be handling it. More details will be announced at E3.

Source: Computer and Video Games

digit
25th Apr 2003, 03:06
I think this means Free Radical will not be working on TS3 right now. They will in the future, but, dammit, ARGH!

Unless Free Radical has a lot of people working for them, I guess TS3 is fogged up on the horizon :(

Dam!

(Yes, dam as in the Hoover Dam)

Reaperbot
25th Apr 2003, 09:00
I think it's better that they're actually doing something different from Timesplitters.

Making sequels all the time is lame.
How about some new original games!:D :D :D :D :D

Century Bot
25th Apr 2003, 10:58
I agree.

Timesplitters was great.
Timesplitters 2 was fantastic.
I think we are all expecting TS3 to be an improvement on TS2 to the same degree as TS2 was to TS1. However, we all agree TS2 was near perfect.

I think a TS2/Halo beater will not come from the Timeslitters stable but some where else! Don't ask me where. TS3 would have too much baggage as a sequal to keep it fresh.

Obviously TS-Online would be a different scenario!

spanks
25th Apr 2003, 14:47
Originally posted by Century Bot
... we all agree TS2 was near perfect. Don't get me wrong, I'm possibly TS2's biggest fan. However I think there are SO many SIMPLE things that they could do to improve it:

#1 - even without online play, supporting online map exchange would add huge replay value.

#2 - upgrade the mapmaker with a few of the simpler suggestions form this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9623) . (If you want users to provide quality content, they need a quality tool.)

#3 - Add a few of the more obvious omissions in terms of multiplayer scenerios (king of the hill etc ...), and set up the custom arcade menus to allow for combined modes.

#4 - Create a bunch more challenges for the Arcade league and add an assault mission for all existing maps.

#5 - Add "fix aim to center" in the preferences menu. This isn't a big issue for me, but I have seen other forums LITTERED with complaints about this. I really believe this cut TS2 sales in half.

Of course, online play would be great ... however I don't think it qualifies as a simple thing. Neither does a new story mode.

AB-109
25th Apr 2003, 17:56
I dont see upgrade to mapmaker working on all consoles, probably just the xbox which would mean that the xbox version would be the best one and then everyone would start getting it on xbox and thats not fair :mad:

Ab ^_^

spanks
28th Apr 2003, 19:34
Originally posted by Reaperbot
I think it's better that they're actually doing something different from Timesplitters.

Making sequels all the time is lame.
How about some new original games!:D :D :D :D :D If you want something different, have you considered buying a different game from a different developer?

Personally, I think videogame sequels are a good idea. Many of them improve upon their predecessors. Free-Rad has a proven record for making an excellent FPS. No other development team is going to handle the Timesplitters franchise as well.

Originally posted by AB-109
I dont see upgrade to mapmaker working on all consoles, probably just the xbox which would mean that the xbox version would be the best one and then everyone would start getting it on xbox and thats not fair :mad:

Ab ^_^ I have no idea why you would think that ... anyway, the point is mute because it looks like we won't see TS3 at all.

CaptainAsh
28th Apr 2003, 20:05
I think they should add more options to multi-player games...like there should be a team elimatanion round....and some more guns....What happend to the M16!?

Reaperbot
29th Apr 2003, 04:08
Originally posted by spanks
Personally, I think videogame sequels are a good idea. Many of them improve upon their predecessors. Free-Rad has a proven record for making an excellent FPS. No other development team is going to handle the Timesplitters franchise as well.

Ok well I really hate it when I buy a game and then the sequel comes out 1 year later! If a developer makes a really good game I like, I'd like if they made something different that I can enjoy rather than make sequels that reuse ideas.