PDA

View Full Version : My NEW PRAETORIANS fansite!!!

nitroace30
24th Apr 2003, 07:55
Well i was getting really angry that their was no praetorians fansites out their. So i decided to make my own-dont laugh its just a basic page-i havn't nearly even started it yet. I used HTML code to create it. ANY HINTS FOR MY SITE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I was thinking the site could promote the game-so pics, reviews, and other stuff that people can think of. I was even thinking of using a forum.

DONT LAUGH IM NEW TO WEB SITE BUILDING!!!!!!!!!LOL.OK HERES THE URL TO MY SITE----------- (http://www.geocities.com/nitroace30/PRAETORIANS.html)

nitroace30
24th Apr 2003, 10:07
Ok ive changed my sites URL-so its easier so remember here it is.

www.praetorians.ohgo.com

there it is short and sweet!!!

Centurion
24th Apr 2003, 13:06
the review section didnt work for me :confused:

~Cent~

silvercue
24th Apr 2003, 22:26
My only advice would be to change the background/text colour combination. Yellow on red is rather angry looking and not easy on the eye for reading.. :)

Athos
25th Apr 2003, 00:20
Good job nitroace, you took the initiative and got something done yourself.

While it is a basic site (don't worry you'll get better at it) it is a site.
I am surprised at your tenacious desire for a fan site, a desire that drove you to build one right away since there wasn't one.

And yes, a forum would be a great idea.

nitroace30
25th Apr 2003, 00:58
Thanks alot-i did all that in 1 night. About the review section its finnished, ill just xhnaged the color combo to black and white-also ive added a tips and strategy page-but this wont be done for a while.

A PROPER FORUM WOULD BE AWESOME-ITS JUST THEY ARE SO HARD TO INSTALL.

nitroace30
25th Apr 2003, 01:55
JUST UP-DATED THE SITE-AND DID WHAT YOU GUYS RECOMENDED WITH THE COLOR COMBINATION. IM STILL TRYING TO GET A FORUM THOUGH-MIGHT TAKE A WHILE---PROGRAMMING IS ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU A HEADACHE!!!!!!!!

Athos
25th Apr 2003, 03:53
Is it me or is the Blue on grey look a little harsh on the eyes?
(Or is that black, just seems very light to me)

nitroace30
25th Apr 2003, 10:27
Hmmmmm-ill find out how to change it-changing link colors is different from normal font........

Mark OHearn
25th Apr 2003, 19:17
I agree, great effort Nitroace30. You took the iniative and created a site that if other gamers visit and contribute to will only get better.

The above comments stand completely on their own, the following comments are separate and don't intentionally consistute a "but."

I have been playing video games for years, and nothing has grabbed me like this one. While there my be superior games out there, this one is just plain fun. Fun despite its repetition and simplicity; despite its lack of depth and addons (i.e., multiple player maps and map editor, and somewhat limited troop movement formations and tactics).

Are we kidding ourselves with fansites? I really hope not, but honestly can't see me playing this great game in the distant future. Once I'm done the campaign (almost there), and a few more games online, I suppose I'll be looking for the next RTS (Rise of Nations ?), and build some larger cities in SimCity 4.

That is, if I can get some counselling to deal with my 2-month addiction to this game called Praetorians :)

prefect
25th Apr 2003, 22:18
id help you/install the forum, or use my server for it.

prefect
25th Apr 2003, 22:22
also, www.dynamicdrive.com has a lot of good stuff to "jazz" it up. dont go overboard though.

Entity
25th Apr 2003, 22:30
yes, i totally agree with the others, a fansite with all our help would be supreme. one thing i think you could put in is unit stats + time it takes to create units (i.e. a race/unit page)

nitroace30
26th Apr 2003, 02:14
WOW i wasn't expecting this much feedback and support-i said to my self 2 days ago. IM gonna make a PREATORIANS fansite. Id made previous sites which were crap but this one seems to be working out. I agree with all your statements especially about everyone contributing. It is after all a FANSITE-let the fans create it. Im good with the game basics. But i need help with the TIPS and STRATEGY SECTION. Please email me with all your ideas. I really need help. nitroace30@hotmail.com

REGARDS DAVID.

nitroace30
26th Apr 2003, 11:48
MY SITE NOW HAS A WORKING FORUM-NO CRAPPY MESSAGE BOARD-----WHAT R U WAITING FOR----START POSTING.

www.praetorians.ohgo.com