PDA

View Full Version : I'm not boasting, just curious...

digit
23rd Apr 2003, 15:25
I've been wondering why everyone thinks Siberia is extremely horribly terribly hard on Hard difficulty. I played the demo once, then when I got the game played Siberia on Hard and completed it in like 2 to 3 tries.

All it takes is extreme stealth. Running in Rambo style is not a good way to treat a soldier with a silenced pistol and going up against fifty Russians. (I've played too much Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell).

Come to think of it, I completed Robot Factory on Normal the other day, and I was just stealth all the way through. I did it with my little brother, hence the level took 1 hour 15 minutes instead of the usual half hour estimated. We tried to do Chicago together and we never did it, took us about an hour just to get to Big Tony, on 1 health, and we gave up. But I did it on single and it didn't take me fifteen minutes.

Ya know, co-op is a lot harder than single, in my opinion.

DrkSnpr14
23rd Apr 2003, 15:30
All to true. The key to Siberia is NOT to Rambo. You need Solid Snake here ladies and gentelmen. I tried to Rambo my way through on hard, and got knocked on my ass so fast my head spun!:rolleyes:

Iiro
23rd Apr 2003, 16:04
I hate Siberia because of those annoying zombies..

DrkSnpr14
23rd Apr 2003, 18:47
Another good point. Zombies really suck. They're annoying and some of them gross. Those feeder zombies, you know the ones with the blood all over their mouths and hands, thats just discusting. It's funny shooting them in the head though. You know what I'm talkin about. If you somehow havn't yet, do it for a cheap chuckle.:D

AB-109
23rd Apr 2003, 19:22
Having trouble with zombies? want an easy salution?
mines are your friends ;)

Just throw a mine onto a zombie and he'll turn around and take it with him and the rest of the zombies than bam or you can use a flamethrower for the same effect!

Ab ^_^

tangers75
23rd Apr 2003, 19:26
The thing that annoyed the hell out of me on Siberia Hard was the fact that I could get to the end with full life and half armour (which is the maximum you can get to the end with) and then get unceremoniously paggered by the gunship and special forces :mad:

However Siberia Hard is a distant memory and a walk in the proverbial park compared to Atom Smasher Hard.

Yes, laugh loud and long people... I am *still* stuck there :(

DrkSnpr14
23rd Apr 2003, 19:26
Holy crap! I didnt even think of that. They do do that to. You are a genious AB-109.:cool:

Capt_Snow
24th Apr 2003, 00:34
2 things i want to point out.
1) i used the incresinly usless silenced pistol
2) thats water mellon juice on the feeder zombies

digit
24th Apr 2003, 01:05
True dat

Iiro
24th Apr 2003, 04:24
Yeah. The mines work quite good on the zombies.

DrkSnpr14
24th Apr 2003, 14:25
Is it really water melon juice? I guess that may make some sense, them being "feeder" zombies and all. But I thought zombies liked to munch on the living. :D

digit
24th Apr 2003, 14:59
If you look in your Gallery in the Player Options then look at the Feeder Zombie's profile (if you've unlocked him.). The profile mentions that "those stains are mostly watermelon juice."

This is so they wouldn't get a rating for blood in the game (I guess? Probably just trying to be funny.).

DrkSnpr14
24th Apr 2003, 15:20
Ooooh I see. Well first of all, I haven't got around to getting a gold in the zombie challenges yet. I really hate the zombies, and can really live without unlocking them. And yeah, that has to be watermelon juice for them to get a T for teen rating.:rolleyes: didnt think of that. (but we all know it's blood)

digit
25th Apr 2003, 02:41
Speaking of zombies, what score do you need to get Platinum in Behead the Undead? I've got 65000, and I just quit right there because I got bored.

I've got Platinum on the other two zombie challenges. Got them a long time ago. I was damn happy with the Platinum suddenly popping up for Day of the Dammed. I tried to complete it with 7 tries, failing every time, then suddenly on the 8th try I got PLATINUM:D Fabulous.

drako the duck
25th Apr 2003, 03:11
fight off the undead=140,000
sergios last stand=35,000
day of the damned=25,000

that should help

DRAKO

digit
25th Apr 2003, 03:16
And how did you get these exact numbers?

drako the duck
25th Apr 2003, 03:52
i got the plats

drako the duck
25th Apr 2003, 03:54
and a littel help from game faqs

Century Bot
25th Apr 2003, 11:08
Thanks for the tip re: using mines or F/thrower on zombies - I'll be trying that!

I have another tip - for the dam, which you may already know, to deal with the zombies what come once you release them by accessing the disc. In the area outside the computer room is the area with the generators, if you go up the set of steps furthest from the mine area (not the stairs that take you out of the room)you can walk round to the left onto a wall upon which the zombies can not get. All you then need to do is shot them in the head with the pistol as they come up the stairs - saving valuable ammo.

I completed the Dam on Hard last w/e. This w/e I'm off to the windy city!

DrkSnpr14
25th Apr 2003, 20:27
I used that one two Century Bot. The zombies really are very stupid, or maybe really hungry... :eek: