PDA

View Full Version : something I was missing...

willow
22nd Apr 2003, 08:30
Something truly unique happened the other day. I picked up a pencil and decided to draw a picture.
This occurrence may not seem strange to you, but it was to me. You see I hadn't created an original piece of artwork for the sheer sake of creating art... for the joy of it in quite some time... probably a few years.
Since High School the only art I've done has been for class, a commissioned piece and/or business related or as a present of some kind.
It feels odd to just draw something... I think tomorrow I'll do a new watercolor painting... just for the hell of it.

It feels as if I'm stretching into my skin... kinda like I've been asleep for a time and forgot about the use of my hands and creativity.

It was a bit rushed but here she is.
http://www.justplaywiththem.com/images/firstart.jpg

hippiechk
22nd Apr 2003, 14:34
I know the feeling. Ironically, I too recently picked up a pencil for the first time in years, just for the hell of it.

Your drawing is quite good. I love the huge grin. Keep up the good work and share more of it. Mine is not done yet. But I'll be sure to share it when it is.

Sarah
22nd Apr 2003, 15:38
Oooooo
Quite good; but I have the oddest feeling of Mad Magazine for some reason... It's just so hard to find time to goof-off these days, and time seems to be speeding up horribly. It just doesn't seem fair: In school, time inches bye, while you want it to speed up; once you finally get out of school, and have money and means to do stuff you want, the time decides to run away.

Esoteric
22nd Apr 2003, 16:52
Excellent sketch, willow. *grin* I think I like the sitting one... seems like it might be a difficult pose though. :) I like it, great style!

Preacher
23rd Apr 2003, 01:20
WTB!? o_O

Nice, but freaky...

warpsavant
23rd Apr 2003, 05:52
I think she needs some pants.

Riovanes
23rd Apr 2003, 21:32
I think that critter's asexual, Warp... No organs means no need for clothing.

Mos' spiffy, Willah-dee. Glad to hear you're waking up some.

BAH!!!

warpsavant
24th Apr 2003, 03:46
Asexual critters need pants too, especially the one on the right. :)

Umah Bloodomen
24th Apr 2003, 03:53
Originally posted by warpsavant
Asexual critters need pants too, especially the one on the right. :)

Wanna go in with me on pioneering the latest wave in worm fashion? :D :p

Apocrypha Roxy
2nd May 2003, 01:35
Pants... :D

(Hehehehehee)

Awesome drawing, Willow. I have a feeling your sitting little friend is happy to be in it's birthday suit...

'Air it all out!' :p

hippiechk
2nd May 2003, 03:08
Hey Willow! Why don't you come and post your stuff in the Community Art Gallery (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16050) I created for all to share? It'd be great to see you there.

willow
2nd May 2003, 09:02
Well I do appreciate the offer very much hippiechk but unfortunately I do not have much work that I've done outside of work or school related activities. I won’t show work that has been commissioned because it's not a creative vision of my own; it's merely a representation of someone else’s idea through my hand (also why it's extremely rare for me to do fan work).

I'm also very leery of placing work in community galleries because things usually very quickly turn into some form of quazi competition... too many clashing egos... I've been competing in art my whole life... I'm trying very hard to just enjoy it now. So I'll have to humbly decline. But thank you anyway. I do appreciate it.

You're all very good artists and I have enjoyed going over all the work that has been posted already. Keep up the good work.

And thank you all on the compliments, this new way of thinking is rather large for me.