PDA

View Full Version : ID Linking not working as intended

member_10085059
23rd Jun 2012, 17:04
So I recently filled out my profile completely, adding links to my facebook and twitter, and my XBL, PSN, and Wii friend-code. After entering them all, however, I noticed that if you have all these options filled out, people viewing my profile are unable to see all 16 digits of my Wii friend code. It cuts off the last 3 numbers from view. So perhaps this could be fixed?

Also, I would love to see an additional spot made for 3DS friend codes, since Nintendo has different codes for every system that they put out, and SE has released several 3DS multi-player games now.

Just some suggestions. :)

amberfire365
23rd Jun 2012, 22:25
Steam would be nice also to have.

Silvercube
24th Jun 2012, 19:55
dxgirly's suggestions are great.

3DS Friend code spot on profile would be awesome (especially since Heroes of Ruin is coming out soon).

Popcicle
25th Jun 2012, 02:05
Thanks for the feedback and pointing out that bug! I'll try to get this fixed very soon.

mike4fantasy14
20th Nov 2012, 03:23
I had Sleeping Dogs and Hitman Absoulte. I tried to link for Steam but it goes to EU.square-enix.com, I unable see for NA.square-enix.com to input link. I would appreciate if it will automatic (register to account).

Anyone have comment to share on this? any thought?

member_10362606
1st Apr 2013, 10:50
The profile I'm posting this with is one I would like to keep if possible, but I can't access any Square Enix account that's linked with it. When I go to "forgot your ID or password?" and enter the email that my members profile shows, it says "There is no Square Enix account registered with this e-mail address." Isn't the members profile and Square Enix account supposed to have the same email?

I just want to be able to log in to a Square Enix account that's linked to my profile so I know everything is set-up correctly. If I have to end up deleting everything, I would like to know if I would be able to re-register the games I currently have registered on my profile to a new one? I would also like to know if I would be able to re-use the e-mail address that my profile has right now?

Grimoire
1st Apr 2013, 11:01
Submit a report of your issue to [SQUARE ENIX Account Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=496&la=1)

velchivz
1st Apr 2013, 13:54
I have the same freaking issue. Did you find a fix?

zingodude
10th Apr 2013, 14:12
Xbox Live Gamertag and PSN ID account linking under update profile not working as intended. Usually when linking account, it is required that user signed into respective platform, much like Facebook account linking pop ups. As such, the account linking for both Xbox Live Gamertag and PSN ID is missing which cause a lot of account linking problem thread coming out in the forum.

The European member site has done it correctly. The NA member site missing this functionality (or broken). Could we please get a status on when this will be fixed?

Grimoire
10th Apr 2013, 14:26
File a report with SQUARE ENIX Customer Support (http://support.eu.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=612&la=2).

FULLMETALSPARK
16th Jun 2013, 15:11
The profile I'm posting this with is one I would like to keep if possible, but I can't access any Square Enix account that's linked with it. When I go to "forgot your ID or password?" and enter the email that my members profile shows, it says "There is no Square Enix account registered with this e-mail address." Isn't the members profile and Square Enix account supposed to have the same email?

I just want to be able to log in to a Square Enix account that's linked to my profile so I know everything is set-up correctly. If I have to end up deleting everything, I would like to know if I would be able to re-register the games I currently have registered on my profile to a new one? I would also like to know if I would be able to re-use the e-mail address that my profile has right now?

Where you ever able to fix that problem because I am having the same problem?

member_10362606
17th Jun 2013, 02:53

Where you ever able to fix that problem because I am having the same problem?

I've contacted support through email and through live chat. I had some related problems fixed, but in the end they said I needed to go though phone support for the main problem. By that point though, I was already tired of dealing with support so I've been putting off the main problem, but I definitely plan to come back to it.

Something must have messed up in the system to cause my members profile to disconnect from my Square Enix account. The problem seems quite bizarre. I now have 2 members profiles and one Square Enix account. The members profile that I've had (and the one I want to use as my primary) is seemingly not connected to any Square Enix account, while the other members profile that I don't want is connected to my Square Enix account. If my members profile was relatively new, I might have just gave it up and stuck with the new members profile that created itself...but my members profile already has registered games and accumulated points that I do not want to give up.

member_10362606
17th Jun 2013, 03:01
I am confused about this. I have an account for FFXIV I can login to the support page of square enix. I can login to the beta. But It says my account doesnt exist on square enix. I just made this account to post on here about it. I am so confused as to how to link them. I would like to pre order ffXIV Collectors on the account that already has it. How do I do that. I have contacted support and its been 2-3 days and they have not gotten back to me yet.

Your members profile is supposed to use the same login information as your Square Enix account. It's clear though that some people are having problems with the relationship between the members profile and the Sqaure Enix account. I just wish this was all a simple unified system...the current way just seems convoluted and confusing.

Grimoire
17th Jun 2013, 03:21
[Members Rewards Announcement] na.square-enix.com/squareenixmembers/go/... (http://na.square-enix.com/squareenixmembers/go/article/view/262403/members_rewards_announcement)

[We are currently undergoing unification with the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site.

What this means is a migration of user information for all of our North American Square Enix Members to the Square Enix Europe’s Registration system. This will allow for users from both regions to utilize a single sign-in for Square Enix features and programs. We will follow up with the necessary processes related to this migration in the coming months.]

Anticlause22
22nd Jun 2013, 13:36
I'm kind of having a similiar issue. I tried logging into to SE Membership with me SE Account credentials, like support says your supposed to, but every time I tried it said my password was invalid. So there whole "Just log in with SE Account if you already have one" think is BS, because that doesn't work. Tried contacting tech support but knowing SE I doubt I'll get a response. I made this account just using same credentials and e-mail adress just to see if it would be all "Hey, you already have one!" but no, it made a new members account that doesn't think I own any of the products that I own.

iamkillnu
22nd Jun 2013, 13:45
i been having a problem when trying to log in i registered my account have it all set up but when i log in it just goes to a maintanance page and wont log into the game how do i fix this i want to play so bad but cant get on really frustrating.

member_10142942
28th Jun 2013, 07:15
I have a related issue, I think. I can't get my SE MEMBERS profile email address to match the one on my SE Account. When I click on the link that says "Change Email" right next to the email address field in my SE MEMBERS profile, it takes me to my SE Account page where I'm assuming they want me to change my email address. I'm also assuming that both accounts are connected but when I change the registered email account in my SE Account, the SE MEMBERS profile email address does not change. I've tried a few times but the SE MEMBERS profile email address does not change no matter what I change the SE Account email to. What does change, is the email account I have to use to login to the SE MEMBERS account.

Not sure if this is a bug in the website but I have to see if I can get the SE MEMBERS website to generate some kind of notification email to see which email account it sends it to, the one that seems to be stuck in SE MEMBERS account profile or the one that's registered in my SE Account.

Swordsman121
28th Jun 2013, 07:33
I have a related issue, I think. I can't get my SE MEMBERS profile email address to match the one on my SE Account. When I click on the link that says "Change Email" right next to the email address field in my SE MEMBERS profile, it takes me to my SE Account page where I'm assuming they want me to change my email address. I'm also assuming that both accounts are connected but when I change the registered email account in my SE Account, the SE MEMBERS profile email address does not change. I've tried a few times but the SE MEMBERS profile email address does not change no matter what I change the SE Account email to. What does change, is the email account I have to use to login to the SE MEMBERS account.

Not sure if this is a bug in the website but I have to see if I can get the SE MEMBERS website to generate some kind of notification email to see which email account it sends it to, the one that seems to be stuck in SE MEMBERS account profile or the one that's registered in my SE Account.

Sounds like linking accounts is NOT the way to go with this site. I'm currently signed in to this site thru my FB account and now that I need an actual SE ID to play FFXIV I might need to just create a new account. If so, oh well.... :(

member_10142942
28th Jun 2013, 07:41

Sounds like linking accounts is NOT the way to go with this site. I'm currently signed in to this site thru my FB account and now that I need an actual SE ID to play FFXIV I might need to just create a new account. If so, oh well.... :(

You might still have to link the accounts. Its the only way to register your purchased games, get points, and in the future, get achievements.

Swordsman121
28th Jun 2013, 08:31
Hmm well I'll see what I do with this account then

member_10142942
28th Jun 2013, 08:36
Hmm well I'll see what I do with this account then

Just make sure that when you do create your SE MEMBERS account, If you haven't created it yet, that all credential details & email accounts matches your SE Acoount or you'll have problems.

cHRONAGE01
28th Jun 2013, 12:44
i need help i need someone to tell me how i can link my Soney account to my square enix account from the computer not on the ps3 when i try to o n the ps3 i just get a maintenence page so i cant link it please help me someone

werefire100
28th Jun 2013, 13:47
not 100% on that but i believe you need to 1:click your homepage 2: go to your personal settings 3:scroll down until you see what you need. if i understand what you meen which is questionable since i've been up for 42 hours now.

Grimoire
28th Jun 2013, 17:34
Contact [SQUARE ENIX Account Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=496&la=1)

DWhite08
28th Jun 2013, 17:41
i get the same thing, i tried so many things and the support team still hasnt helped me

DWhite08
28th Jun 2013, 17:43
i had this problem for 2 weeks now

Reefah
29th Jun 2013, 15:43
Same I finnaly made it to that step and get the maint. page, and no back button? c'mon!

Gonna go try agian..

illutian
30th Jun 2013, 06:52
Be nice if there was a way to see if the two accounts were linked. Sort of like if you link your Twitter or FB account on a site it will say "Linked" or "Disconnect"; indicating you successfully linked.

Right now...I have no idea. I guess I could change the password on one account and see what happens.

But then I think to myself.

" "SqEnix Member" account doesn't show that I have FF14aRR beta access. And "SqEnix Account" account doesn't show that I have FF14aRR purchased."

*granted SqEnix Member doesn't show FF14aRR as a 'My Games' either.

chameleon2065
30th Jun 2013, 23:30
i cant even make a square enix account.. i mean i can log into the web site.. but i cant creat an account for the playonline.. i am thinking i just wasted 40$ all the links are broken or there is matince ... heck even the link they sent me in my download confermation email is broken.. not very happy http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif.. hope some one can help

esteban.sandoval.126
1st Jul 2013, 10:13
I'm having the same trouble.

I've tried since last week, when I recieved the PS3 code, and tried on week days and the weekend, but I always ended up at that Manteinance yellow screen.

I found that this error is not on everyone's ps3's, as some friends managed to log during this weekend with no problem.

Please, someone on tech support give us some help.

Also, we can't make it to "Tech Support" on the FF XIV Forum, as we couldn't create any character, and so we "can't logg-in to the Forum".

chameleon2065
1st Jul 2013, 22:20
Please, someone on tech support give us some help.

Also, we can't make it to "Tech Support" on the FF XIV Forum, as we couldn't create any character, and so we "can't logg-in to the Forum".

EXACTLY...

chameleon2065
4th Jul 2013, 22:05
HEY ALL FINALY GOT INTO THE GAME.. I had to make the acount from a differnt computer.. tech support also sugested another browser .. but what ever it was worked.. and i am in .. now my only prob is that i can not see any one in game and done know how to ajust the graphics

snow0815
11th Feb 2014, 00:13
I linked my Steam account to my SE account a couple months ago. For some reason Tomb Raider didn't get recognized/added and asks for my email address every time I launch the game, so I unlinked and relinked Steam. This worked but didn't fix the Tomb Raider issue. Now I can't even see the Steam link option any more for some idiotic reason, just shows Xbox, PS and Facebook as options.

KARN1V0R3
1st Mar 2014, 22:26
After I received my confirmation that I was a member of the Square-Enix website via email I went into my profile and tried to link to my Xbox One Gamertag/account. Unfortunately when I opened up "Thief" and went to open SQUARE-ENIX I received an error message saying "Your account does not have online privileges". Not sure if this was an error on my part, I went back into my Profile and un-linked my Xbox gamer tag then waited a day and linked my gamer tag again. I am at a loss if anyone knows what to do I would welcome your advice! Thanks!

xvMaKavelivx1984
3rd Mar 2014, 11:43
I also have the same problem. The one difference I had was when I tried to link my square enix account to xbox live I got a message coming up on the website that it did not have a valid security certificate. I am not sure if was just me or has this happened to any one else.

Kaylar
16th Mar 2014, 16:35
hi

i'v got a problem when i try to link my playstation network acc to square
i get this : Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete.

got no idea what it means . psn acc is all good and running

any ideas?

MaleficusXIII
17th Mar 2014, 12:38
hi

i'v got a problem when i try to link my playstation network acc to square
i get this : Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete.

got no idea what it means . psn acc is all good and running

any ideas?
Same... -_-

ralahinn1
18th Mar 2014, 16:08
Add me to this train too...

fizux9
19th Mar 2014, 01:09
Same issue. Sent an inquiry to SE tech spt -- no reply.

Gisor90
19th Mar 2014, 13:33
I have this issue as well. Problem is related to Square Enix since linking to other platforms works perfect (e.g. uplay or rockstar sc). I tried to contact the chat support but the person was very unpolite and refused to help.

fizux9
19th Mar 2014, 14:16
Same issue. Sent an inquiry to SE tech spt -- no reply.
I just got an email back from SE requesting that I go to the XMB bar, and enable cookies & java.

I didn't realize my computer or the android app had an XMB bar.

MisterTre
19th Mar 2014, 15:03
Same issue here-.-

Gisor90
19th Mar 2014, 16:58
I just got an email back from SE requesting that I go to the XMB bar, and enable cookies & java.

I didn't realize my computer or the android app had an XMB bar.

Well, in the XMB of my PS3 system is no such option(s). Though, I can activate java script and cookies in the PS3-Browser Menu (java script and java is not the same!). Could you quote/excerpt, whats said in the mail?

The response I got to my mail was the following:
"We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with linking your PlayStation Network account to your SQUARE ENIX Members account. We are currently investigating the issue and at the moment all we can recommend is that you try again later.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused but if there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us again."

fizux9
19th Mar 2014, 18:14
Yes, the email referenced opening the browser and hitting the triangle button to access settings for JS and cookies, but I summarized quite a bit to get to the point that I don't think a human spent more than 15 seconds on the issue before pasting a response. They certainly didn't understand that I was trying to use their android app or my PC, or realize that the account-linking screen on their website is not available from the PS3 browser.

I just got a similar follow-up email indicating that their "head office" is now on the case. I guess the CEO must be a coder...

Here is the most recent email:

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear of your issues linking your PSN account to your SQUARE ENIX Members account.

We have been made aware of the issue and our head office are currently investigating this to find a resolution and we hope to have it resolved shortly.

We can only advise trying again later and you should then be able to link your accounts without further issue.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

junoyap
19th Mar 2014, 22:17
hi admin/mod

i was trying to link my PSN/PS3 account to the site, however it did not allow me, i believe there is a bug or and error.

Dale512
20th Mar 2014, 01:59
Almost a year since the initial post in this thread and the issue is still around. I have tried the things listed here (little that there is) and also have the same issue.

fizux9
20th Mar 2014, 10:17
I got another support email. Here it is, hot off the press...

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear of your issues linking your PSN account to your SQUARE ENIX Members account.

Please advise you try again and let us know if the issue persists.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

So I tried again, and guess what? It still didn't work.

Gisor90
20th Mar 2014, 13:53
Same here, no update from my side.

fizux9
20th Mar 2014, 17:35
I got an e-mail back from SE tech spt indicating that my support ticket had somehow been opened in the EU spt ctr, but I have an NA acct, so I was instructed to open a new ticket. I did that.

I also called SE down in SoCal. They told me to create a new dummy SE acct and try to link that. The dummy account didn't work either.
SE then told me to contact PSN, which I did. No issues with the PSN account, and PSN spent about half an hour unsuccessfully trying to troubleshoot the linking issue. One of the things PSN had me try was logging into sonyentertainmentnetwork.com via computer to verify that my PSN account worked (it did).

The PSN support person indicated she has had this problem arise multiple times with SE linking, and as far as she knows, it was always an issue on the SE side. My SE tech support phone rep indicated he has not seen this issue before.

Maybe if they get enough direct calls on this issue, they will be appropriately motivated to find a solution.
PSN / SCEA Tech Spt: (866) 466-5333
SE Tech Spt: (858) 790-7529 (9am-5pm PDT)

SolemnDream
23rd Mar 2014, 17:25
I have this problem too. Can't link my Square Enix account with my Playstation Network account.

"Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete."

fizux9
23rd Mar 2014, 20:29
I have this problem too. Can't link my Square Enix account with my Playstation Network account.

"Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete."
Welcome to the club! You will find others to be very supportive, and we have a holiday party every year.

theshahrul
24th Mar 2014, 11:24
Me and my friends just bought final fantasy 14. So we thought we wanna have fun playing online. And so we stumble with this linking account problem. Its been a week now. We check our psn accounts, and it seems fine. I had no idea "your psn account may be incomplete" like wtf? This problem must be solve. Since we heard about the ps4 beta, we can play at ps4 in the future. Just because of the minor faulty at the website, the whole game was like useless.

fizux9
30th Mar 2014, 05:43
Anyone have any updates or (hopefully) success stories?

theshahrul
30th Mar 2014, 11:06
Nope. I check almost everyday. Still the same. Haiz..

Squanderdalfast
4th Apr 2014, 16:45
This problem persists.

Here is one solution someone found:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/678051-final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/68621404

Also try filling out this form:
https://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=68223

Thanks for posting the SE support # @fizux9

SkyJin
9th Apr 2014, 14:43
I cannot seem to link my PSN account to my Square-Enix account. I know my account is working and I can sign in on the official Playstation site with my PSN account.

What I get when I try to link my account is this: "Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete."

As I said, there is nothing wrong with my PSN account.

theshahrul
10th Apr 2014, 14:22
Same here. Almost a month. Haiz.....

AMITYH
11th Apr 2014, 22:11
i cant link my enix account to my psn account it gives an error.

i registered the keys on this account and redeemed the code in the ps store.

Does anyone knows what to do because i cant play final fantasy reborn on ps4 now...

thank you

AMITYH
12th Apr 2014, 12:41
please help me

weng_weng_21
12th Apr 2014, 13:00
Hi,

If we are not able to link our psn account with square-enix, how can we play ffxiv on ps4?... I am having the same issue with linking the SE account to PSN and the message kept coming up "Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete."

Thanks

stevviiieeeeee
12th Apr 2014, 13:23
i played the realm reborn beta on this account ... now i bought the full version for ps4
i enter all the codes on the square enix and psn account.
but i cant link the accounts ? so i cant play .

i mailed the support team and they answer me with 2 auto messages emails.
if this didnt work i had to call them... im from europe im not gonna call to america for support...

this is insane , such a bad service :thumb:

SaveYourBreath
12th Apr 2014, 14:16
I am in the exact same situation as the above post ... same account, all codes entered (product register and redeem code on the PS Store) and all I get when logging in is 'No valid service account', so I tried linking my account via the Square Enix website with my PSN ID and I get 'Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete'....

So much for a pre-order and "Early Access" ...

AMITYH
12th Apr 2014, 15:10
i also have the same problem ...... if someone knows please help us

SaveYourBreath
12th Apr 2014, 16:51
I would also like a known fix to the above post, as until this is fixed how am I meant to be able to play the new FF on PS4 ?

DeVoke
12th Apr 2014, 23:52
I just want to play my game it won't link to psn and Idk what my ffxiv member ID is all I have is an email and it doesn't fit that line and when I use the forgot password tool they say my account doesn't exist but it does because I'm on it now... I'm sad

Squanderdalfast
13th Apr 2014, 15:07
You've got to call:

PSN / SCEA Tech Spt: (866) 466-5333
SE Tech Spt: (858) 790-7529 (9am-5pm PDT)

d0g_74gz
14th Apr 2014, 09:13
I am having the same problem got a bunch of other stuff sorted through customer service and ended with "link your account through your ps4 system as you cannot do it online" as of yet i have found no way to link off my ps4 system and i am just stuck at the login screen telling me ID or password is incorrect =\

Ivansahe
14th Apr 2014, 11:50
I have the same problem

Ivansahe
14th Apr 2014, 11:59
I can,t link my square enix acount, i reviven this Message :Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete. I have collector's ediciĆ³n, plz help me

Iituskainen
14th Apr 2014, 12:10
Same, bought the game from PSN and can't now link the accounts.
I actually already linked them during the beta test but the linking is not showing in my SE account information.

ISAVAGEI
14th Apr 2014, 15:04
already tried everything and is always "Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete" But my Psn account is ok.. Already losing time on FFXIV

ISAVAGEI
14th Apr 2014, 15:05
Same Here.

InkDrops
14th Apr 2014, 21:48
Is it just me or is the Square Enix customer service terrible? There's like 3 other forums about this same problem but no solutions that I've found.

Along with this problem, I can't log into A Realm Reborn because my ID is "incorrect" as is my email and password, all of which are correct. When I tried to use the "Forgot ID/Password", it tells me there is no account that uses the email that my account is registered on. There's nothing in the support(that I've seen) to help with any of this. What's the point of them even having a "support"?

G1Grimlock
14th Apr 2014, 22:47
i had that problem i tried to unlink my psn account from this account now it wont link it says the same thing and obviously customer support doesnt give a **** about it i tried having them email me a link or something but the ******s are tards that dont speak english well enough to ******* help so **** them and this forum and the company itself i wont be spending another dime on this pos of a company every again

SacramentoSeth
15th Apr 2014, 00:34
Same issue here, $60 download from the PS4 and i can't get past the login menu.

Iituskainen
15th Apr 2014, 02:42
I had the same issue. The linking is not working cause you have been linked already during beta test (or so I assume as that was my case).
The reason why the game gets stuck in the beginning is the PSN bought version not working. Check the Lodestone News and contact support.
I did so yesterday and finally got new promotion code this morning that solved the problem.

Iituskainen
15th Apr 2014, 02:44
If you bought your FF14 from PSN store the problem is not in the linking accounts. The true problem is the PSN bought version not working properly. Contact SE support (as I did yesterday) and they will send you new promotion code for PSN.
Got mine this morning and its working now.

Eskikilic
15th Apr 2014, 07:45
Same problem , enix is blaming sony for this . The Support told me to wait for update on Sony. :/ Really lame . Why the **** do you need to link your account .
Just make a login page thats it , but no they wana play the hard why. They failt the game on 1.1 and now with this bull**** come on we are not paying every month for **** crap.

smeek14
15th Apr 2014, 09:45
SAME HERE!!!

Forestfee
15th Apr 2014, 11:38
same problem here.
cant link my new created account with my psn...

when i want to start the game there is an old unused square enix id in the field where i want to insert my new one. but i cant change that field?!?!
why? come one... this cant be so hard. have i now spent the reg key for an old unused account???

i mean i had no chance to do it better. inserted the disc... patched... and cant fill my account settings

xchaos49x
15th Apr 2014, 19:38
same here, "login failed, incoplete psn account" i got tired after 30 mins and tried it one again today, nothing. do this forum has any moderators who can maybe contact this lovely support team to fix this up?

Hit4brains_
16th Apr 2014, 11:47
Forestfee ... I have the same problem, I have a old enix user name in the box and I have no option to change it, and I can't retrieve it because it says the email I use doesn't exist anymore?

Mosster
16th Apr 2014, 13:34
Same problem hit4brains

Chuckfargo
16th Apr 2014, 22:37
fix--there is a seperate registration code on the back of the manual inside the case. you input that code on the playstation plus redeem code. after a frustrating 3 hours this worked like a charm!!

travis2288
17th Apr 2014, 04:19
es wont link to my psn it keeps saying that i Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete. wtf i have an up to date playstation plus subscription... all i was to do is play ff

fizux9
18th Apr 2014, 23:10
Here is the most recent communication from SE:

Regarding your request for account support. Please find your answer below.

Unfortunately that service is not available at this time. *Suggestions from our customers are always valued. *While we cannot guarantee implementation we will surely pass this on to the developers.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

I don't think they realize or care that this is required to use the advertised features of their product.

boodles9ers
19th Apr 2014, 15:02
fix--there is a seperate registration code on the back of the manual inside the case. you input that code on the playstation plus redeem code. after a frustrating 3 hours this worked like a charm!!
I don't know why the hell they would put the code on the back of the book but thank you so much for this! You seriously are a life saver!!

UnionJackHunter
19th Apr 2014, 20:18
I had the se not linking to psn.........I solved this by linking it through tomb raider which is also a square Enid game. I clicked on the se link on the main menu and it worked.

AMITYH
23rd Apr 2014, 13:58
i had the same problem... i have no idea what i did .. but i got the link your psn account email in my spam folder.

Jetstorm
24th Apr 2014, 00:44
I Just got my problems fixed. First I tried to link my accounts through an other SE game: Tomb raider. That worked. But not sure if that was the solution.
Stupidly enough I forgot the fact that I had 2 codes in my package. 1for Square Enix and one for the Sony entertainment network. Without the last one, you wont be even able to start the disc. Eventually in game, I will ask you to log in en eventually link the accounts. That worked for me!

Monahanre
24th Apr 2014, 03:46
I setup an account on here before i went onto the ps4, linking the account on here before i linked it to my ps4, now it wants a 1 time password device and i cant seem to link it back. what do i do?

theshahrul
25th Apr 2014, 02:51
Yup. It works! I use the tomb raider game method to instant link for psn account to SE account. But now I got a new problem. My promotion redeem code its not working, it said "it may be invalid". Has anyone had this problem??. Help!!!

Lheana
25th Apr 2014, 19:26
Hello
I bought Nosgoth on Square Enix and i linked my Steam account to my Square Enix account. There was no problem but now I can't play the game because I doesn't have it on my Steam account. Does anyone know what to do now? (Sorry for my bad English, hope you understand my problem.)

lshadowphoenixl
25th Apr 2014, 22:08
OK GUYS! AFTER DAYS OF HAVING THE "Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete." PROBLEM I GOT AHOLD OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FIXED IT! THIS IS THE STEPS I TOOK.

1 - Open a non chrome browser (i.e. or firefox) and go to accounts.square-enix.com log into your account (dont worry about 1 time password leave it blank) and if you are able to log in than you are good to go. take a VERY GOOD LOOK at what your SE account name is because they change it up for whatever reason (mine was lshadowphoenixl and they changed it to lshadowphoen1)

2 - open FFXIV - ARR and go through the steps. hit the next button and continue on through, type in your information EXACTLY as it appears on the accounts.square-enix.com

Next it will ask you to link your ps3 to SE, make sure all the account information is correct as you cannot go back and change this info. finish out the last few steps (you may get a "lost server connection" error, if so just start over again until it goes through. once you complete the steps it should bring you to the download screen and youll be good to go!!!

i hope this helps people out! if you hve any questions feel free to message me and ill try and help as best i can. hope to see you all in the realm!!!!

lshadowphoenixl
25th Apr 2014, 22:10
OK GUYS! AFTER DAYS OF HAVING THE "Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete." PROBLEM I GOT AHOLD OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FIXED IT! THIS IS THE STEPS I TOOK.

1 - Open a non chrome browser (i.e. or firefox) and go to accounts.square-enix.com log into your account (dont worry about 1 time password leave it blank) and if you are able to log in than you are good to go. take a VERY GOOD LOOK at what your SE account name is because they change it up for whatever reason (mine was lshadowphoenixl and they changed it to lshadowphoen1)

2 - open FFXIV - ARR and go through the steps. hit the next button and continue on through, type in your information EXACTLY as it appears on the accounts.square-enix.com

Next it will ask you to link your ps3 to SE, make sure all the account information is correct as you cannot go back and change this info. finish out the last few steps (you may get a "lost server connection" error, if so just start over again until it goes through. once you complete the steps it should bring you to the download screen and youll be good to go!!!

i hope this helps people out! if you hve any questions feel free to message me and ill try and help as best i can. hope to see you all in the realm!!!!

lshadowphoenixl
25th Apr 2014, 22:40

SchwererGus
26th Apr 2014, 03:43
My problem is that I'm trying to link SQE and PSN to get hold of the FFXIV: ARR pre-order items. I've owned the collector's edition of FFXIV since it first came out, meaning I got to have ARR for free. And at the time I didn't quite have the funds to pre-order the PS3 version so I missed out on those items. PS4 version rolled around and I managed to acquire a code. Redeemed it on PSN and figured I just had to jump through a hoop or two to get it linked and get my items. Then I come to find out the whole website link thing has been down for MONTHS (and it seems to be entirely SQE's end from what I hear.) I tried to have a friend log in as me through his PS4 to link it but it sounds like you can only have one PSN account per system... Then I tried to have another friend log in as me through her PS3 and according to her each PSN user needs an entire registration code/GAME COPY so she couldn't log me in either. Seeing as I don't own Tomb Raider or anything either I'm wondering what I can do... I really want my stupid digital fake hat and cat doll. :(

UnknownFact
3rd May 2014, 04:37
Let me join the party.

The game on my PS3 doesn't let me input the SE ID, it's grayed out, but fixed. I type the password exactly as I type it on my PC and it doesn't let me in. However it works fine on my PC... Thing is, I can't link the accounts because I get this message, and I assume that's why it doesn't let me in on my PS3.

Will try some of the things posted here now.

edit:

This problem persists.

Here is one solution someone found:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/678051-final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/68621404

Also try filling out this form:
https://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=68223

Thanks for posting the SE support # @fizux9

Eh, I can't really fill out that form because their support is having Technical Difficulties, and in the other link... what Data Center!??

Seven_Souls
8th May 2014, 02:23
so i made an accoutn then linked my facebook acc and it just deleted myt first acc. like i cant even get on it. and now i have a new name... i cant play final fantasy because my acc had it but now its not even registered on my acc... is this just happening to me because it wont even let me use my acc to access any other type of sq enix sights.,. like log into the final fantasy sight.

Dano42069
11th Jun 2014, 03:22
Why do I continually get the same message that I cannot link my PSN and Square Enix accounts. I keep getting this message.."Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete."

I have tried linking from my PC and from the PS4 itself.
What the hell is going on???

StarlitSunshine
21st Jun 2014, 18:52
Why do I continually get the same message that I cannot link my PSN and Square Enix accounts. I keep getting this message.."Account linking failed. This may be due to your PlayStation Network account being incomplete."

I have tried linking from my PC and from the PS4 itself.
What the hell is going on???
Exact same problem here too. My Xbox account linked successfully though.

Tried the suggestion about putting the code at the back of the manual into the redeem code place on the PlayStation. Didn't work.

Xx-Slayer-xX
28th Jun 2014, 09:22
Tried to do it many times
Didnt work

Says:May be due to incompletion of my PSN account
I know its complete

I registered my FF XIV code btw.

Thx in advance

AkiraJr94
28th Jun 2014, 10:52
I am having the same issue, by where I constantly get the "...may be due to incompletion of PSN account" error message.

Kambochian
2nd Jul 2014, 18:51
HERE IS THE SOLUTION :

YOUR DISK HAS 12 DIGIT CODE. REDEEM THIS CODE IN YOUR PS4 AND CLICK OK. IT WILL OFFER YOU FF14 PACKAGE AND YOU CONFIRM THIS.
THEN START FF14 AND THE GAME WILL ASK YOU FOR YOUR ENIX ACCOUNT. ENTER USERNAME AND ENIX PASSWORD, SKIP BLANK FOR ONE-TIME PASSWORD AND CONTINUE. IT WILL ASK YOU TO LINK PSN ACCOUNT TO ENIX ACCOUNT AND CLICK OK AND CONTINUE.
THIS SIMPLE.

pauloslash
26th Jul 2014, 19:31
Tomb Raider acquire by Steam I tried to link the game with the square enix account I received the email to complete registration, to the finishing the game is not tied :confused: