PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Chris@Crystal
18th Apr 2003, 18:57
Lets try this again...

Does anybody know a good site where there may be a Review on X2 Wolverine's Revenge? The game is supposed to be out any day now and the sites i usually go for reviews (Gamespot and Ign) don't have em yet.

warpsavant
18th Apr 2003, 23:30
Who cares about a review, its Wolverine. Just buy the game(or make your parents buy it). If you like short Canadian's with claws who are ninjas and totally kick ass and can't die this is the game for you!

Reaver of Souls
19th Apr 2003, 00:16
You forgot, it's short HAIRY Canadian's, lol. :D

As usual, a few people have reviewed it at the Electronics Boutique website (ebgames.com) but those are customer reviews, not professional.

Chris@Crystal
19th Apr 2003, 01:30
Here are some reviews I found:

PS2 -- http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/22231.asp
XBox -- http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/22233.asp

Umah Bloodomen
19th Apr 2003, 01:33
Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
Here are some reviews I found:

PS2 -- http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/22231.asp
XBox -- http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/22233.asp

Sure, just take the fun out of people using a search engine for themselves. Good job, Chris. :p ;)

EDIT: Do you come with a pentium 4 and how much are you? I've always wanted the ButterflyLord2004 model computer. :p

warpsavant
19th Apr 2003, 18:34
Fourty-eight hours to avenge your past. Fourty-eight hours to save your life. The time has come to meet your makers at Weapon X™. Uncover the past of Wolverine, the X-Men's™ most dangerous mutant in X2 Wolverine's Revenge. Utilize stealth tactics and your mutant abilities to find which of your enemies from the past is behind a deadly virus that threatens your future. It's the adventure of your life.

I just got this in some Playstation email. When I first read about this game I thought it had some potential. I guess I'll have to check out the reviews now.

Kain's Ancient Blade
19th Apr 2003, 22:13
just got this in some Playstation email. When I first read about this game I thought it had some potential. I guess I'll have to check out the reviews now.

I bought it. It suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
sssssssssssssssss

Chris@Crystal
21st Apr 2003, 18:47
Originally posted by Umah BloodOmen

Do you come with a pentium 4 and how much are you? I've always wanted the ButterflyLord2004 model computer.

I'm actually still the 1972 model, although a bit slower it is always worth it in the end. Unfortunately these old models are never for sale ;)

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Matthew
21st Apr 2003, 21:08
If You're NOT a Marvel fan ... DON'T buy it.

If You ARE a Marvel fan ... CONSIDER buying it (maybe lend from a friend or something and at least TRY it)

If You are a Marvel fan who thinks that Wolverine's the coolest ... BUY it.

That sums it up.

I myself am a very avid Marvel fan, collecting comic books since I was a little tyke. And my favourite character just happens to be Wolvie.
So I GOT the game. From a friend. :) And I like it really much. Maybe I'm being too optimistic because I didn't spend much money on it.

But anyway, if You're seeking for some Wolvie slashing, sneaking, fightning action then You should consider this game.

Very nostalgic.

- Matthew

Umah Bloodomen
21st Apr 2003, 22:02
Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
Originally posted by Umah BloodOmen

I'm actually still the 1972 model, although a bit slower it is always worth it in the end. Unfortunately these old models are never for sale ;)

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

I've always been a big fan of retro-equipment. ;)

Never say never. That's why God invented Ebay you know? LOL. :p

Kain's Ancient Blade
22nd Apr 2003, 03:47
I am a marvel fan Matthew, actually i'm a comic fan, i like reading comics, i hope to release my own books and comics some day. but even though i'm a fan of comics( despite the artwork going down hill,) i did not like the game at all, it seemed to rushed, and full of glitches.

I hate glitches. Lets hope i can get my money back, or store credit from best buy, considering it didn't come with free Xmen movie tickets.

Riovanes
22nd Apr 2003, 04:28
Best Buy, as corporate policy, does not exchange, return, or in any way refund software, movies, or music, except to swap a defective item for a working unit of the same type. I found that out the hard way. You're pretty much SOL, bud.

BAH!!!

blincoln
22nd Apr 2003, 09:19
I actually prefer that type of policy. Otherwise they either end up putting used merchandise back on the shelves as new, or passing the cost back to the customer.

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Apr 2003, 00:04
Circuit City and I believe Comp USA have similar policies as well. I don't really blame them for the reasons Blinc stated. Also, they do their job of notifying the customer on the little receipt brochure thing they igive out at the time of purchase so it's not like you can argue that you didn't know about it.

It pays to read the receipt now and then. :o

The Amazing Rando
23rd Apr 2003, 00:32
Originally posted by blincoln
Otherwise they either end up putting used merchandise back on the shelves as new.

I kind of like that policy too. I also keep all the games I buy, even when they aren't that good, they add to the collection. :)

As for the quote, I noticed that your letter made it into EGM either last issue or the one before, blinc.

Kain's Ancient Blade
25th Apr 2003, 00:52
Best Buy, as corporate policy, does not exchange, return, or in any way refund software, movies, or music, except to swap a defective item for a working unit of the same type. I found that out the hard way. You're pretty much SOL, bud.

i got to exchange the game for Splinter Cell (which is a much better game so far). I told them i didn't get the movie tickets when i purchased the game (which i didn't) and when they gave me the excuse they don't exchange for different games, i told them they had to replace the game with one that had movie tickets. They're excuse was the first few they got didn't come with them. They told me to go to the city if i wanted the movie tickets. I told them i wasn't going to the city to exchange it and that it was their responsiblity to either replace the game with one that had tickets, or let me exchange it for something else. so i got to exchange it for something else. Yesssssssssssssssssssss
ssssssssssssssssss.

Reaper007
25th Apr 2003, 07:53
i got the game, so far only got as far as kicking sabretooths ass for the first time. i'm surprised gamespot gave the PC version a 5.7:

gamespot review (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/x2wolverinesrevenge/index.html)

the only bad thing that really bothers me is the graphics, i know my card can do better but the game wont let me go higher then 1024x768 at 32bit. real annoying, i hope they come out with a patch to fix it.

Reaper007

Kain's Ancient Blade
27th Apr 2003, 16:11
anyone played splinter cell yet?

Embla
27th Apr 2003, 17:22
Originally posted by Kain's Ancient Blade

Yes, I`ve got the X-Box version. It`s really good, but I have never been dying so many times in a game before! :D

Reaper007
27th Apr 2003, 19:56

yup, i've been playing the PC version. very good game, i'm at the part where i have to destroy a truck carrying nuclear waste i think the second to last mission. there is only one prob with the game, it tends to get a little repetative. but over all great game and worth the money.

Reaper007

tyrus
28th Apr 2003, 02:53

Yep. I have the Xbox version. I got it for Christmas, beat it in a few days and have recently picked it up again.

You don't die nearly as much with patience. And it's a little easier the second time around when ya know what to expect.

I'm looking forward to Kola Cell, another mission. I don't have LIVE, but it's supposed to be on the CD for the June issue of OXM.

Michael Ironside (who does the voice of Sam Fisher) is the MAN! Ya gotta love that gruff, I'm Solid Snake's lost brother voice. :D