PDA

View Full Version : Bug with Barbarian Hunters in forests

Random
15th Apr 2003, 01:59
In case Pyro plans on patching more than just the network stuff, I think this needs to be fixed. I've noticed it in a couple of campaign missions.

When Hunters are waiting in forests, there's a bug when certain troops enter the forest and are attacked by them. For example, my German Cavalry ran into some Hunters and when they were attacked, both cavalry and Hunters froze. I think the cavalry was actually 'dead', but they still appeared on the screen and I could select them. I could also still see the Hunters, but other troops would not attack them if ordered. This same bug happened with a wolf scout too: My wolf ran straight into a group of Hunters and then froze, so I couldn't 'recall' him. Even an over-flying hawk froze in mid-air after he was shot by archers.

I didn't have this problem when I entered the forest with Praetorians though; they fought with the Hunters like they would any other unit.

There's also a problem with the Hunters themselves: Sometimes they get stuck and look like they're having spasms.

The best solution for this is just to steer clear if you see Hunters, but you might lose a wolf scout while looking for them....

Mark OHearn
15th Apr 2003, 02:33
Had the thing happen with the wolf scout.

As far as other troops not being able to engage in combat, is it possible that the hunters were hiding - I'm not sure if the other player is allowed to see them when they are hiding or not.

The hawk thing must have been weird :)

Athos
15th Apr 2003, 05:09
Yeah I lost my wolf in "he who dares" mission...wasn't too happy about that...

Spaceknight
15th Apr 2003, 15:23
Hey Fellow centurions,

Thanks for posting this, I will pass this through the proper channels.

Rom

Spaceknight
15th Apr 2003, 15:47
Ave my fellow warriors,

This should be adressed in the new patch.

thanks for pointing this out.

Rom :D

Athos
15th Apr 2003, 19:48
Ah good to see we have some input in these matters :)

Spaceknight
15th Apr 2003, 19:58
When Spaceknight is involved, everybody wins!

ROM

SHADOW_PRAETORIAN
17th Apr 2003, 08:45
Yo One More Thing, I What To Be Able TO Kill My Own Units and to have Better Diplomacy.

Athos
17th Apr 2003, 20:45
What do you need diplomacy for?
I'm just asking as this would be an odd game to have diplomacy in.

SHADOW_PRAETORIAN
19th Apr 2003, 00:34
Well I mean to be able to change teams In Game.