PDA

View Full Version : Lemming of the Century?

An0maly
14th Apr 2003, 23:35
Last night my friend and I Playing a bit of Deathmatch on the Chasm level with all bots in the Recommended set included, and with the Recommended Weapon set, at Normal difficulty. We came 1st (20 kills) and 2nd, and as we looked at the rankings, noticed that Jebediah Crump came 2nd last on -740, and Reaper Splitter came stone-cold, motherless, absolutely 100% totally dead last on -1390! How can someone die that many times in 7 minutes? :D

Michael.
Stuck on Robot Factory, but now working through Elite League :)

Capt_Snow
15th Apr 2003, 08:47
I dunno but sometimes in an elimation mode in the Chasm guys that are meant to be dead by falling of the bridge are undefeatable but they are dead

RedXevious
15th Apr 2003, 11:47
Same thing happened to me yestarday with Crump at -1361. This always happens on the Chasm level when playing against bots. I don't know why it happens... I think maybey it could be a small bug where the game mis-reads how many times a bot dies. I certainly know it's impossible to kill yourself THAT many times in 7 minutes! So don't sweat it, it's one of the many weird things in TS2! ;)

-----------------------------
12 Gold
54 Platinum
- 90.4% Complete!
-----------------------------

"My fists still have your blood on them!" - StreetFighter 2

Century Bot
15th Apr 2003, 17:00
Maybe there's a bot spawn point over the chasm - so the bots keep spawning and dieing right away. Bit this would give you only a couple of hundred frags in seven minutes!..?

DrkSnpr14
15th Apr 2003, 19:29
I had that happen to, but with some other bots. I cant remember which ones, but that doesnt matter. I think There might be a spawning glitch, and they keep restarting at the bottom of the pit in the middle. I was playing in there once and saw the gingerbread man down at the bottom. He didnt move or respawn for the whole game. I was in a 15 minute death match, and he was there the whole time. At the end he had like - 1500 or something. Weird! :confused:

Capt_Snow
16th Apr 2003, 10:55
If you dont want this happening use score methord kills

Rare
17th Apr 2003, 01:32
Was 'Kill/Loss' on? It could be that you killed him and he dyed that many times. Its a long shot, but unless its a glitch, this could be the only reasonably good idea.

AB-109
17th Apr 2003, 11:54
Originally posted by DrkSnpr14
I was playing in there once and saw the gingerbread man down at the bottom. He didnt move or respawn for the whole game.

In that case it might be that the death counter for that person just keeps counting since the person is still at the death trigger point thingy.

Simple enough glitch. Seems to happen to most things I make with triggers :(

Ab ^_^

Capt_Snow
17th Apr 2003, 22:24
A strange glitch happened to me 5 munutes ago

I was playing a flametag and this guy just died but was just laying there. i gave him the flame and he kept it
maybe this ts what happens at the chasm

DrkSnpr14
22nd Apr 2003, 19:33
Originally posted by Capt_Snow
A strange glitch happened to me 5 munutes ago

I was playing a flametag and this guy just died but was just laying there. i gave him the flame and he kept it
maybe this ts what happens at the chasm

If you pass over someone who has died and is on fire like that, you get the flame because they havn't respawned yet. Same difference if your on fire giving it to them. The person hasnt respawned yet. So if you see a flaming corpse, dont step on it.
:D

Capt_Snow
23rd Apr 2003, 00:07
The fella did NOT respawn and gained flametime

DrkSnpr14
24th Apr 2003, 14:45
Was he in the pit in the chasm level? Or did he just stay down.:confused:

digit
24th Apr 2003, 15:17
That happened to me. I saw this one guy fall off and I hit SELECT and saw the score for them dropping like mad! We're talkin' 100 deaths a second.

Capt_Snow
26th Apr 2003, 11:41
the fella was just staying down. I got some dual sbps and shot him and it sounded realy funny.:p

drako the duck
30th Apr 2003, 03:56
How do you get a lemming

An0maly
30th Apr 2003, 04:18
Play an Arcade Custom game, and kill yourself more than any other character in the game kills themselves. Facing a wall with the Rocket Launcher or Homing Launcher will do it. :)

Just to be tricky, you could try throwing a Timed Mine up in the air so it lands on your head... :D

Michael.
Still on whatever I was on last time...Double Bill is very frustrating! :mad: