PDA

View Full Version : Bring the Dragon Quest series to us!

LordRoto
8th Jun 2012, 00:06
I was on slime knights, that place was cool. Dragon Quest is awesome. And I had no idea that there was a forum here. And look at these Dragon Quest boards. NOBODY is here, nobody cares, no wonder square thinks this way. Well I love Dragon Quest, and I want Dragon Quest X on Wii U, and I want Terry's Wonderland on my 3DS, and heck even Rocket Slime 3. And I am going to get these boards populated, or die trying, so that square knows more people share my enthusiasum.

Prepare Square, cuz we wants us some Dragon Quest

member_10107310
8th Jun 2012, 02:12
I'm looking forward to DQX. It's been way too long since a non-handheld installment was made. I don't care what system it comes out on as long as it's sooner than later.

tiaeltaru
8th Jun 2012, 09:15
I was on Slime Knights, but not much.

Dragon Quest is awesome, definitely my favorite SE series, I love both DQ and FF but I love DQ more.

Would love to see this get more popular, give us Terry's Wonderland 3D, Dragon Quest X Wii/U, Rocket Slime 3, Dragon Quest XI.

You have the fans here SE, and Nintendo has been doing well publishing DQ here, let them publish the rest.

LordRoto
19th Jun 2012, 08:15
I guess I'll do this too.

A remake of the Original Monsters game, and a 3DS game jam-packed with monsters, almost 700 of them. We need to get this in america. Especially since we didn't Get Joker 2 Professional (And TW even has all the monsters in that) :D

So what do ya think? I just wanna know it's coming, then I'll be set. lol

tiaeltaru
19th Jun 2012, 11:10
I support this thread.

LordRoto
27th Jun 2012, 09:10
Why Nobody else D: This thread should be in the DQ board

tiaeltaru
27th Jun 2012, 12:07
I don't know, cause nobody knows the awesomeness of Dragon Quest yet, but we will spread the word!

Dragon Quest is awesome, mmkay?

member_10827409
27th Jun 2012, 12:14
um what is terry's wonderland?

LordRhapthorne2
29th Jun 2012, 11:21
THIS GAME BETTER COME OUT OR ELSE I GIVE UP FINDING A SUCESSOR TO JOKER 2 WITH ME IN IT!

LordRhapthorne2
29th Jun 2012, 11:22
Sorry about my last comment, i forgot my username isn't LordRhapthorne

edger_
5th Jan 2013, 20:34
I would like to start a thread about wanting these localized and get SE attention

edger_
5th Jan 2013, 20:36
I would like to start a thread about wanting these localized and get SE attention

stealth
6th Jan 2013, 08:35

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHA localized? oh how cute. Square USA wont localize anything anymore unless its something we dont want

edger_
6th Jan 2013, 14:07
If weshow support they will i would be willing to settle for a all digital release with only subititles and english text

Grimoire
6th Jan 2013, 21:37
[General Forum Guidelines (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

[Avoid posting the same messages in multiple forums across the board to widen the audience. In most instances, the forums are designed to reflect news and information specifically to single forums. If you feel the information is relevant somewhere else, be sure to cater that message to the different audience that might be visiting a separate forum category.]

member_10487047
6th Jan 2013, 23:28
We can only hope. Maybe Nintendo will publish the games like they did for some of the previous Dragon Quest games.

edger_
8th Jan 2013, 00:09
And i looked and did not find a thread for DQMTW thats not 5 months old

Grimoire
8th Jan 2013, 06:28
Being old does not make it any less useful. However, I was referring your original thread [Dragon quest monsters 3D Terrys Wonderland and Bravely Default... (/go/thread/view/139251/29615843/Dragon_quest_monsters_3D_Terrys_Wonderland_and_Bravely_Default_Flying_Fairy)], which you posted two minutes before this one.

edger_
8th Jan 2013, 13:43
oh well i made mutliple to try to gain awareness since on the 2013 moments thread noone seems to know this game exists

edger_
12th Jan 2013, 17:48
i hope so

stealth
15th Jan 2013, 08:07
square doesnt care about making good games, localizing them, or listening to the fans

edger_
15th Jan 2013, 17:35
I would be happy with a digital release cause then at least they wouldnt have to print copies and we get it win win

stealth
17th Jan 2013, 07:30
I would be happy with a digital release cause then at least they wouldnt have to print copies and we get it win win

That would give them less sales. i wouldnt buy it. Not worth it

Unless they can properly localize bravely default, dq VII ect

no dice

nasos_333
17th Jan 2013, 17:08

That would give them less sales. i wouldnt buy it. Not worth it

Unless they can properly localize bravely default, dq VII ect

no dice

It would be the same game, so would fine and definitly would be better than nothing we will get now

stealth
17th Jan 2013, 18:32
well we dont have to worry they arent localizing another japanese title a good non mobile casual shovelware title again

Sparringpartner
8th Feb 2013, 07:44
I absolutely agree , this game looks amazing. It will be very sad for every Dragon Quest fan to miss this game. Square please read this thread and do something about it !

Sparringpartner
8th Feb 2013, 07:48
By the way there's a petition existing about this game :

www.gopetition.com/petitions/dragon-ques... (http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/dragon-quest-monsters-3d-terry-s-wonderland-3d.html)

Sparringpartner
16th Feb 2013, 06:21
Everything is in the title , i'd like to ask to Square Enix to localize this fabulous game and to not forget the huge Dragon Quest community all over the west and Europe. Thank you very much , this game deserve a localization !!!

mathias_0
28th Feb 2013, 19:38
I would like these games very much as well. Here's hoping for some E3 announcements if not before.

the1Lashy
10th Mar 2013, 21:25
Please release this game to US x.x I am dieing of anticipation, come on Nintendo -pokes n prods-

edger_
19th Apr 2013, 13:56
They announced BDFF but ignore the two DQ games that came before it so i guess DQ is now Dead in NA :(

destruction7
19th Apr 2013, 14:26
They announced Bravely Default but ignore the two Dragon Quest games that came before it so i guess Dragon Quest is now Dead in North America :(

Why so much interest in Dragon Quest? because Dragon Quest all games at the most of the stories are very narrow minds!

Up Square Enix send their news Dragons quests for here.!

member_10162287
20th Apr 2013, 01:23
They announced Bravely Default but ignore the two Dragon Quest games that came before it so i guess Dragon Quest is now Dead in North America :(

Why so much interest in Dragon Quest because Dragon Quest all games are so Perv the most of the stories are except7 and low are dull to swallow.

Why do you keep attacking others for liking a certain game? You attacked people who said they liked FFXIII, now you are attacking someone who likes DQ games. You don't like it, fine. Don't force your opinions onto others.

You're very narrow minded, aren't you?

destruction7
20th Apr 2013, 02:00
When did i attack some....?

Look! XBOX 360 Fans vs PS3 Fans harsh posts For Kingdom hearts.

About Final Fantasy XIII is my opinion.

About Dragon quest up 7 there are cool because they are cool! Even the annoying perv villagers.

After 7 the story in special about the villains are a little ridiculous!.

Grimoire
20th Apr 2013, 06:53
A quick suggestion: Add a "I think that...", "In my opinion..." or "I personally don't..." to your sentences. That's what I always do. Also, games are just games. No need to be upset or "hate" something as trivial as that. On the contrary, games are meant to be fun. If you don't like them, then why don't you spend your time on something more worthwhile and rewarding, like studying?

So...the villains after FFVII are ridiculous, but Kefka isn't?

destruction7
20th Apr 2013, 07:37
I´m talking about After Dragon Quest new games.... no Final fantasies...

moooka
20th Apr 2013, 07:51
There's still a chance for the DQ7 announcement at E3 or later this year. I'm more intested in BDFF but I hope DQ7 gets announced soon.

edger_
21st Apr 2013, 16:12
Square Enix developing Dragon Quest Monsters 2 remake?
Square Enix trademarks Iru and Luca's Wonderful Mysterious Keys.
April 21, 2013 / 03:31 PM EDT / Sal Romano (http://gematsu.com/author/admin) (@salromano (http://twitter.com/salromano))

Square Enix recently trademarked the name “Iru to Ruca no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi” in Japan, which roughly translates to “Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys.”

Game Jouhou (http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-25222.html) speculates the trademark could be for a Dragon Quest Monsters 2 remake. Square Enix has already remade the first game, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland, for 3DS.

In 2001, Square Enix released Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Malta’s Mysterious Keys (or Malta no Fushigi na Kagi) for Gameboy Color in two versions: Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Malta’s Mysterious Keys – Luca’s Journey (released overseas as Cobi’s Journey) and Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Malta’s Mysterious Keys – Iru’s Adventure (released overseas as Tara’s Adventure).

The trademark seems to imply a remake combining both versions.

Stay tuned.

edger_
21st Apr 2013, 16:14
Square Enix developing Dragon Quest Monsters 2 remake?
Square Enix trademarks Iru and Luca's Wonderful Mysterious Keys.
April 21, 2013 / 03:31 PM EDT / Sal Romano (http://gematsu.com/author/admin) (@salromano (http://twitter.com/salromano))

Square Enix recently trademarked the name “Iru to Ruca no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi” in Japan, which roughly translates to “Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys.”

Game Jouhou (http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-25222.html) speculates the trademark could be for a Dragon Quest Monsters 2 remake. Square Enix has already remade the first game, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland, for 3DS.

In 2001, Square Enix released Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Malta’s Mysterious Keys (or Malta no Fushigi na Kagi) for Gameboy Color in two versions: Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Malta’s Mysterious Keys – Luca’s Journey (released overseas as Cobi’s Journey) and Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Malta’s Mysterious Keys – Iru’s Adventure (released overseas as Tara’s Adventure).

The trademark seems to imply a remake combining both versions.

Stay tuned.

SO this makes me even sour my two favorite DQ games are made in wonderful 3D and i will enver get to play them because they are not localized and region locks so thank you Square for showing you care nothing about your world wide fans

ghostofthewired
4th May 2013, 17:06
This is a remake of my favorite childhood game. Please localize it so i dont have to spend 400$ to get the japanese version AND a japanese 3DS. I dont even have an American 3DS but ill buy one for this game alone.

redneckpride4ever
4th Jun 2013, 22:38
Amen!

Terry202
13th Aug 2013, 02:15
Please square enix, release dragon quest monsters terry's wonderland 3D in the us and europe. Soon as it comes out I'll be buying it right away.

Zagato05
24th Aug 2013, 18:33
I am a long time DQ fan and I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything. So far 3 games have come out for the 3DS and we have got none of them. Seriously? Now with a fourth game coming out for the 3DS and one for the WiiU, I am a little concerned that we are not going to get any of them. The last game we got was the second Joker game, and that was a while ago. Seriously Square-Enix, you own so many good franchises that you are just sitting there to rot.

Firstborndragon
2nd Sep 2013, 02:49
ESPECIALLY since Joke was seriously a step back from the original monster games.

I feel cheated, I bough a 3DS specifically because I HEARD about these remakes, and was just dying to get a hold of them. But so far, nothing but more damn FF games have been announced. And seriously FF hasn't been that great since #6.

edger_
25th Sep 2013, 16:49
They are releasing yet another DQ game and no hints for the others http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/25/visit-malta-kingdom-fight-monsters-world-dragon-quest-monsters-2/ We need to show support and get these games over here

moooka
26th Sep 2013, 06:54
They should release DQ7 at least.

joshuatee
27th Sep 2013, 02:56
Please release DQ series outside japan! A lot of us are royal fans growing together with the series, not getting any of the new release DQ games make us felt betrayed!!!

joshuatee
27th Sep 2013, 03:03
what else can we do, except whining? i really miss DQ style RPG on handheld... i even considering learning japanese and get a japan version 3ds(might be faster than waiting for a US release) T_T

moooka
27th Sep 2013, 11:41
It's up to Nintendo that brought the previous few DQ titles on DS to the western audience, but they are currently working on localizing Bravely Default. I think the 3DS DQ games might get localized later.

KaboomKrusader
8th Oct 2013, 06:04
WARNING: Frustrated rant ahead. If you're the type who just prefers to silently roll over and accept getting screwed, I'd suggest not reading.

"Dear" Square-Enix.

There's a Dragon Quest forum still existent on your North American website. You have your moderators posting neat little news tidbits about anything Dragon Quest that pops up. Especially about the slew of newer games that are doing so well over in Japan. I mean, lookit all that. Japan freakin' LOVES their Dragon Quest, and they eat it up.

Well what are we, chopped liver?

Dragon Quest IX did great "over here." It was actually advertised and promoted well, its best features were appropriately hyped up, and what happened? It was a surprising success. Reviewers loved it. It won numerous "awards" from gaming publications. Scores of people still play it, almost 4 years later. There was actually so much outcry over the DQVC being shut down that you re-opened it. Does that look like a game series not worth spreading around to you? No. The Dragon Quest series obviously has a large and devoted fanbase in North America and outside of Japan in general.

Yes, I know localization is something that takes time. DQIX and the two DS Monsters Joker games each had a turnover time of about a year. But it's been at least that long now for the first 3DS games, yet there's been nothing in regards to the games seeing release outside of Japan. Even just an acknowledgment that people who want these games in English exist would be nice. But no, instead... look, Bravely Default's already got a localized English version well on its way, and that came out AFTER Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D. You can't tell me that doesn't look bad.

So what gives when it comes to these newer DQ games, huh? Do you think that all we want are over-budgeted, gritty "western" games like Tomb Raider? Or is there some rule dictating that when a Japanese S-E game becomes popular and successful enough, it's not allowed to leave Japan lest us lowly and undeserving Western white piggies get to enjoy it too?

Obviously I'm frustrated. But can you blame me? I'm a huge fan of this series. I have been ever since I first played "Dragon Warrior Monsters" on my Game Boy Pocket over 10 years ago. So it's intensely frustrating to see these games (especially the amazing remake of the aforementioned Monsters title) doing so well in Japan while so much time passes without Square-Enix NA even so much as admitting they exist. I don't care if they aren't released until 2015 or something. Just as long as I know they're coming. So say they are. Just say ANYTHING about them.

Read my lips: We want Dragon Quest. We will buy the games. With money. Do you want our money, or not?

All frustration and cynical joking aside, just understand this. I want nothing more than to own and play a shiny new version of the game that first made me fall in love with Dragon Quest as a child. Right now, my chances of ever getting to do so look very bleak. Please, PLEASE change that.

moooka
8th Oct 2013, 07:37
DQ's localization is handled by Nintendo.

KaboomKrusader
8th Oct 2013, 14:35
DQ's localization is handled by Nintendo.

It was last time, but it doesn't have to be. Either way, Square-Enix would still have a major say in it.

Grimoire
10th Oct 2013, 13:08
"You have your moderators posting neat little news tidbits about anything Dragon Quest that pops up. Especially about the slew of newer games that are doing so well over in Japan."

Why, thank you. ^_-
However, the word "moderators" should be in the singular form.

KaboomKrusader
23rd Oct 2013, 06:31
You're welcome, and duly noted.

So, Square-Enix? Still waiting on those localization announcements. If you want my money for ANYTHING, you know how to get it. I'm speaking with my wallet here — No money for you from me until it's for some "new" (i.e. "already out in Japan for over a year now") Dragon Quest software. I'd really like to grab Just Cause 2 on Steam the next time it's on sale, or Bravely Default when it's released. But if nothing Dragon Quest has been announced for North America yet when those things happen... well, then we'll both just have to miss out. And yes, I've already shown my support by buying Dragon Quest software. LOTS of it. And I want to buy more.

Like I said, I don't care if the stuff takes a long time to be translated and released, and we don't get any of 'em until 2015 or something. That's fine with me, so long as we know it's coming out AT ALL. Just freakin' say something already.

Zeether
1st Nov 2013, 03:25
I second this motion. Where the heck are the games? If it takes until the end of freaking 2014 to get VII on 3DS that's fine, but PLEASE DO NOT LOCALIZE ANY OF THE STUPID MOBILE PHONE PORTS OVER IT. I would rather eat rusty nails than play DQ on a phone, and knowing how horrible the FF ports are the DQ ones will be just as bad. And bring X over here too, even if it's only on PC.

moooka
1st Nov 2013, 07:22
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/394960805461897216

alanman178
3rd Nov 2013, 00:30
I'm feelin' a lil' "Dragon Questy". But, the games need to show up on the PS3 or PS4 for me. Also, they need to be non-MMORPG. I can keep dreaming, I guess. I'm used to it at this point.

KaboomKrusader
5th Nov 2013, 05:27
Another week, another "reminder." Personal boycott of all Square-Enix products until Dragon Quest is officially announced for North America. Let's see it happen already.

Zeether
6th Nov 2013, 20:52
I'm feelin' a lil' "Dragon Questy". But, the games need to show up on the PS3 or PS4 for me. Also, they need to be non-MMORPG. I can keep dreaming, I guess. I'm used to it at this point.
Yeah, not gonna happen. Square Enix now decided to make their Japanese division focused on mobile phone games. This means we're never getting DQ games on anything but mobile phones and maybe the 3DS.

alanman178
7th Nov 2013, 02:56
Yeah, not gonna happen. Square Enix now decided to make their Japanese division focused on mobile phone games. This means we're never getting DQ games on anything but mobile phones and maybe the 3DS.

Yet again, the "quick buck" over big-screen epicness. More people out in public buried in their small screens. The sky could be falling and they wouldn't see it.

This series sure has taken a beating. For me, DQ8 is the only game in the series that has really stuck out since the early '90's. Personally, I think the DQ series has been treated worse than the FF series. That's my opinion of it anyways.

KaboomKrusader
12th Nov 2013, 14:40
So Nintendo's airing a new 3DS-centric Nintendo Direct for North America tomorrow. Are we going to hear anything about Dragon Quest, or will this one be a waste of my time like the last several were?

KaboomKrusader
14th Nov 2013, 02:11
Well, not unexpectedly, another Nintendo Direct passes without news of Dragon Quest. Lots about Bravely Default, though.

Tell me, Square-Enix powers-that-be. Will buying Bravely Default: Flying Fairy help or hurt the chances for these new Dragon Quest games to be localized next? Will buying it send a message of, "we want THIS game (BDFF) more than others?" Or will it send a message of "we want as many JRPGs as you can give us?" I want to buy Bravely Default. I want to pre-order and snatch up the fancy collector's edition. But I need to be sure of what message that will send in regards to the games I truly want most.

moooka
14th Nov 2013, 10:07
I knew there wouldn't be a DQ announcement at that Nintendo Direct, I think Nintendo will localize it after Bravely Default is released and sells well.

KaboomKrusader
14th Nov 2013, 21:45
I'm starting to suspect the same thing, but I'm hesitant to "speak with my wallet," so to say, before I know exactly what message I'd be sending.

Zeether
15th Nov 2013, 02:47
I'm going to buy Bravely Default regardless, but I HOPE TO GOD that if it does well Nintendo will take on localizing DQVII or DQM/DQM2's remakes. If Square Enix is going to change their stupid business model to focusing on mobile games then Nintendo may as well pick up the slack and show Square Enix that portable systems are still a viable platform and not smartphone cash-in crap with IAP and horrible graphics/UI.

And if it's still not enough? Operation Slimefall will happen.

KaboomKrusader
18th Dec 2013, 16:30
Here's how this is going to work, Square-Enix NA.

I've got Bravely Default pre-ordered. I want to buy it in February. But I will only do so if we've had some Dragon Quest localization announcements. OR, at the very least, if we have an official statement that buying and supporting titles like Bravely Default will help get more "obscure" JRPG series like Dragon Quest localized. You want my money for BD or anything else in the future, then give me a reason to let you have it.

Namco-Bandai is also giving us the One Piece 3DS game we've been asking for, because they're actually willing to throw that series' fans a bone now and then. I've got that pre-ordered for its February release as well, and I'm sure I'll be able to have plenty of fun with it instead of Bravely Default.

Your move.

redneckpride4ever
21st Dec 2013, 17:40
I see I'm not the only one that refuses to give a penny to the likes of SE until they cough up the Dragon Quest. I really want to purchase a download of FF Origins on my PS3, but until they stop treating DQ like crap, I can only resort to the second hand market.

I'm serious SE: NOT ONE PENNY UNLESS WE GET ANOTHER DQ ANNOUNCEMENT!

redneckpride4ever
21st Dec 2013, 17:42
operationedenverse.com . Just go there and send all your friends. Trust me- its happened, we just need more people,

KaboomKrusader
27th Dec 2013, 00:33
I'm still going to get Bravely Default either way, because I want it. But if there's no official support shown for Dragon Quest by Square-Enix by then, I'll just get BD second-hand instead. Off of eBay, or Craigslist, or something. Even the collector's edition if I can.

KaboomKrusader
1st Jan 2014, 20:15
You forgot DQ1 mobile which was released in November.

Yeah, in Japan. Like all the other games for the 3DS/Wii/WiiU over the past 2 years that we're pining for localized versions of.

moooka
1st Jan 2014, 20:17
Actually my message was directed at somebody else in another topic, the moderator merged it here but I don't see the original person's message.

Grimoire
2nd Jan 2014, 00:29
Anudjinni's posts have been deleted due to a violation of the forum rules.

KaboomKrusader
16th Feb 2014, 02:35
Another month gone by, another Nintendo Direct aired, and still no Dragon Quest announcements.

I get my big ol' tax return in a few weeks, and I'll be using part of it to buy Bravely Default. Whether or not I buy it retail (meaning you get the money) or second-hand via eBay or something (meaning you DON'T get the money) depends on if any Dragon Quest localizations have been announced. So you've basically got a ticking countdown of a few weeks to decide if you EVER want my money for this particular game.

I'm not screwing around. Square-Enix can continue to support and release the Dragon Quest series in the West, or they can kiss my business goodbye for good. I hope as many people as possible will follow my example.

Tsuko85
7th Mar 2014, 02:25
I hope the NES versions of Dragon Quest I, II and III get released on the 3DS and Wii U eshops

all three are already in English so it shouldn't be too difficult for S-E to do

Mizuki_Yun
7th Mar 2014, 20:51
Dragon Quest X looks good for the WiiU I would like for that to come out for us and the rest of the Dragon quest game we didn't get but it makes me wonder why they are holding back on giving us more Dragon quest games?

MagFaiyaz
8th Mar 2014, 08:10
As a die-hard Dragon Quest fan, I strongly hope Square Enix brings Dragon Quest VII 3DS to the US. We shouldn't be deprived of such a grand RPG.

And I wont even ask for the DQ Monsters 3DS games, but PLEASE bring DQ VII 3DS to the US.

Tsuko85
9th Mar 2014, 00:10
As a die-hard Dragon Quest fan, I strongly hope Square Enix brings Dragon Quest VII 3DS to the US. We shouldn't be deprived of such a grand RPG.

And I wont even ask for the DQ Monsters 3DS games, but PLEASE bring DQ VII 3DS to the US.

as long as NA gets Dragon Quest VII in some shape or form, PS1 Classic or 3DS remake
if they don't then oh well, I have a physical copy of Dragon Warrior VII in my possession, same with Saga Frontier and Frontier 2, I just finished a playthrough of SF2 earlier today

Alboreo
10th Mar 2014, 04:08
The lack of localizations would be so much less frustrating if only we were to receive an occasional bit of news. Should we give up hope? Is something coming eventually? It would be grand if Square-Enix would show some love for their fans and keep us in the loop to some extent. Even a yes or no would be appreciated, I'm sure.

Sgetz75
10th Mar 2014, 14:16
I have really enjoyed the series, and part 7 still holds a special place in my heart as it was the last Dragon Warrior game I got in my old house, and the last one my mom bought me before she passed away. I really want to see an upgraded version, and see it actually released as a Dragon Quest title. I have been a fan of the series for years, having started by playing the original NES trilogy, which I also hope to one day see in a Dragon Quest title form.

KaboomKrusader
12th Mar 2014, 17:02
Hey, look at this.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/223983-one-piece-unlimited-world-red-heading-stateside

“NAMCO BANDAI Games has been a proud publisher of ONE PIECE games for many years, and with the astonishing global popularity of the manga series and support of the devoted fans, we are thrilled to be localizing ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red for the Americas,” said Chris Gilbert, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.

Namco-Bandai is localizing and releasing obscure but popular Japanese property games, because they listen to those games' enthusiastic and devoted fans. Square-Enix, right now Namco-Bandai is better than you. They'll stay that way until you release some Dragon Quest. And you still don't get a penny from me until you do. No Final Fantasy (been wanting to give XIV a go), no Tomb Raider, and if I buy Bravely Default it will be second-hand from Gamestop or a flea market or something.

Snap to it.

Calvicus
13th Mar 2014, 17:39
As a long time Dragon Quest (North American)fan, it's been a frustrating few years. Nintendo has bent over backwards to try and help Square-enix market and localize the series in North America.

Dragon Warrior Monsters was my first played game of the series. On a flight out from O'hare airport, I bought it from a kiosk; knowing close to nothing about the game. Every other kid grew up with pokemon, but not me. I was breeding monsters and slinging sirloins. I quickly picked up every other Dragon Quest title I could get my hands on. DW 1&2 were great, 3 was fantastic. More recently, I remember waiting for news on Dragon Quest: Joker 2's release date to show up in NA. It never came. Then I was excited for VII to get a port, which also never came. Then I heard that the original Monsters game was getting a 3ds remake. I was ready to part with my angst, and forgive Squeenix. After all, they made my favorite game of all time, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars. A fresh reunion with why I fell in love with square was exactly what I needed! What we all needed. You're like a deadbeat dad, square. Always saying how you're there for your customers, then never following through. (I mean, what ambitious gaming company is ok with a majority of their releases being HD remakes?)

Terry's Wonderland has been out in japan for 2 years, and the remake of the second Monsters game is on 3ds for Japan as well. What's the holdup for porting these to the US? I keep looking for answers and can't find any other than that your hands have gone numb after sitting on them for so long. You aren't the company I used to love, and you've lost a loyal customer.

KaboomKrusader
16th Mar 2014, 03:02
The response is easy. No Dragon Quest, no money for Square-Enix from me. Plain and simple. I try to get as many people as possible to do the same and help get the message across.

ayamymanara
18th Mar 2014, 20:43
This needs to happen, DQVII 3DS, thats the only reason why i bought a 3DS in the first place, that and atlus games. SE PLEASE let at least nintendo localize it...

redneckpride4ever1
28th Mar 2014, 00:31
Same here. FF14 looks fun, and they'd be getting money from me monthly, but alas, if I want to play an MMO I'll go back to WoW and give them the cash SE could be getting. No DQ, no money!

KaboomKrusader
28th Mar 2014, 20:44
Spread the message, everyone. Spread it on S-E's Twitter, Facebook, blog posts, everywhere you possibly can. Let them know there's a dedicated market for the Dragon Quest franchise outside of glorious privileged Nippon, and the longer they wait to do anything about it, the more business they'll lose. Encourage as many people as possible to help send the same message.

If nothing else, in the end they won't be able to say, "we didn't know you wanted it." No excuses.

redneckpride4ever1
3rd Apr 2014, 17:58
Spread the message, everyone. Spread it on S-E's Twitter, Facebook, blog posts, everywhere you possibly can. Let them know there's a dedicated market for the Dragon Quest franchise outside of glorious privileged Nippon, and the longer they wait to do anything about it, the more business they'll lose. Encourage as many people as possible to help send the same message.

If nothing else, in the end they won't be able to say, "we didn't know you wanted it." No excuses.

Banned for telling the truth and making it known!

Grimoire
3rd Apr 2014, 22:39
You are more than welcome to tell the truth, but please do it in the appropriate thread from now on.

redneckpride4ever1
15th Apr 2014, 17:25
You are more than welcome to tell the truth, but please do it in the appropriate thread from now on.

Oh, bull! Every DQ fan should be spamming the living hell out of EVERY topic on this board! We've been treated like garbage and given lame, pathetic excuses (read: lies) from SE over this matter. In Nintendo's hand DQ9, DQ6 and even Fortune Street sold well. What's not appropriate is the lack of people taking initiative and spamming the living hell out of these boards. Oh well, you can ban me next, but it won't stop me. I will return in one form or another, and I will continue to voice my opinion.

Driber
15th Apr 2014, 17:44
"Spamming the living hell out of every thread on the forum" will just get you, and anyone following your lead, banned, and it will just make the fans look like trolls. That will really do nothing good to your cause. Most likely the opposite...

KaboomKrusader
15th Apr 2014, 17:47
There's a fine line between "campaigning" and "spamming," but we need to push the former as far as possible.

Blueapocalypseghost
17th Apr 2014, 11:00
We want all the 3ds DQ games in Europe! It's my fav series and its a shame that SQEX doesnt love it (outside Japan). I imported a Japanese 3ds only to play these games because i couldnt wait any more. And you know what? I'm enjoying these games a lot but i'd enjoy them a lot more if i could actually understand them.
Are we ever gonna see a new DQ localization or can we already give up? It'd be less painful if we knew from SQEX that there won't be any new release, but instead, they/you remain silent. Maybe now that Bravely Default made good numbers we might have a chance...

Also, how is it that there isnt a single DQ title in the "Games" section of the main site (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/games)?

moooka
18th Apr 2014, 07:25
There are no DQ games on that link because for the last five years, Nintendo is the sole publisher of the franchise outside Japan.

http://dragonquest.nintendo.com/

Blueapocalypseghost
18th Apr 2014, 11:38
Thanks for the link.
But what about DQIV,DQV, DQVIII and DQMJ? They weren't published by Nintendo...

KaboomKrusader
10th May 2014, 22:54
I encourage you to join me and others in boycotting Square-Enix's other games and products, until DQ7 here (or any other recent Dragon Quest titles for that matter) gets localized for release outside of Japan.

moooka
11th May 2014, 13:05
It's up to you if you want to boycott, but personally I think it will make things worse, as these games usually don't sell very much anyway. So if people boycott the games, Square Enix will localize even less games in the future. What you should try to do instead is bringing more and more attention to them about the huge demand for this game in the west. The reason why they didn't localize it is probably because they think it won't sell well or that they think there is little interest in the game overseas. I'm glad Bravely Default sold well, this could encourage them to localize more games or work with Nintendo on them.

KaboomKrusader
12th May 2014, 01:53
What you should try to do instead is bringing more and more attention to them about the huge demand for this game in the west.

Oh trust me, I do that. At every opportunity, via every channel and method I have access to (Facebook, Twitter, this very forum, etc), I repeatedly and plainly seek to send a message of "LOCALIZE MORE DRAGON QUEST." If we never get these games in the West, there is a 0% chance of S-E getting away with saying, "we didn't know anyone wanted it." I will be there to call bulls*** on that before you can say "slime."

But at the same time, as far as supporting similar games goes... the last thing I want to do is send a message of, "oh, I'll just buy whatever you release, with or without Dragon Quest."

Slurping up "Final Fantasy port/semi-sequel #275,204" will only show support for Final Fantasy, not Dragon Quest. Bending over and taking "AAA multi-million-dollar generic third-person shooter/adventure game #164,835" will only show support for such games. Even snatching up Bravely Default will show support for Bravely Default, not Dragon Quest.

If at any point Square-Enix had said, "localization of future Dragon Quest titles is undetermined, and will be decided by the success of similar games," then I'd already own at least Bravely Default, and maybe even another Final Fantasy game or two. But that's not the case. The recent Wii/WiiU/3DS games have not even been acknowledged by Square-Enix USA. There are no DQ products available on the store. The existence of this DQ subforum and the DQX crossover with FFXIV are the only indications we have that S-E USA even knows the franchise exists. For all practical intents and purposes, it's as if they're outright ignoring Dragon Quest.

It's like if you go to a certain well-known diner, and you really want a burger. The place is famous for the awesome burgers they've had since they opened, and you've enjoyed these burgers there many times before. You can even SEE a stack of burger patties in the kitchen, just waiting to be cooked and served up. But burgers aren't on the menu for some reason. When you ask the waitress about the burgers, she won't answer your question or even acknowledge that you asked it. All she does is keep pushing chicken sandwiches instead. "Have you had our chicken sandwich? I'd highly recommend the chicken sandwich. We make a great chicken sandwich. Would you like to try the Chicken Sandwich XIII-2 ? Please? We'll dress up the chicken sandwich to look like previous chicken sandwiches!"

So... no. My message, and the one I encourage others to adopt and help me spread, is a plain and simple one. "If you want my support for other franchises, then show support for the one I actually want: Dragon Quest." Until that happens, S-E has given me zero reason to buy any other games. There is no incentive whatsoever to support other franchises when there's no indication that it will help the franchise I actually like and want.

KaboomKrusader
21st May 2014, 00:02
So Square-Enix USA has about 20 hours until I go out tomorrow afternoon, buy me a PayPal MoneyPak card, and then spend $30 to buy me a nice, shiny, still-sealed second-hand copy of Bravely Default off of eBay.

If they announce some Dragon Quest localizations before that, then I'll buy BD new instead, maybe even directly from their store or something if that's an option.

...Your move, Square-Enix. Time's running out.

LinksFantasy
21st May 2014, 04:43
If either Square-Enix or Nintendo don't make any Dragon Quest announcements by the end of E3, then I will give up hope of any localisations. I brought every Dragon Quest game on the DS, Wii, PS2 and am a die hard fan. Surely the Bravely Default success story in the West let them know the demand for traditional jrpg's is still burning strong. I can only hope we hear something shortly as I miss one of my favorite series of all time.

moooka
21st May 2014, 13:05
There are rumours that Nintendo will announce it at e3.

KaboomKrusader
21st May 2014, 16:00
Maybe, just MAYBE I'll hold off just a few more weeks to purchase Bravely Default used. See what happens at e3.

Geyblade
22nd May 2014, 20:23
Isn't 10 grossly off scale? FF7 was pushing it as was 9. 8 a bit worse than the other two. Be nice to see the DS remixes on a 3DS and Advanced collection with street pass for the functions like Dream Share, Town building, et al. Maybe including a better worked out 7, noticed the 7 redo pretty bad, even 4 looked best on NES, which is sad, all it needed was a better pallet all any needed. The multiplayer is off scale, the loss of over view and scale of characters. Want a different one, sure this is what subtitles are for. Actually no need for subtitles on direct ones like on DS re-releases. Although I scoff at the re-writing attitude. Playing the JP New Leaf (bare with me on the OT) I will say, some times we do get the more challenging versions. I once thought they always looked down on North American Players.

Geyblade
22nd May 2014, 20:28
PS7 was my favorite PSOne game. Made me feel less guilty not getting a N64 or Game Cube (well later I did). I do regret my reasoning, reason I won't buy a PS4, because it is only smart to buy a new system because of their in-house games (like MK7, et al) or trust in the value of the system. Wii U I bought because I tried it in their truck first. Wii, well didn;t like first XBox and PS2, 3 as a machine. Also regretted not getting the Cube sooner. Nintendo is so much more reliable with hardware, with the others, who knows what you'll get.

Geyblade
22nd May 2014, 20:29
I highly recommend that game. Not sure why it doesn't get registered here (Bravely Default, forgot quote response).

kgrootbear
28th May 2014, 07:24
I love dragon Quest. Got the first one in the great nintendo power give away and bought every version since, including fortune street. So then I hear dragon quest X was coming out for the wiiU, and I bought one for that game....still waiting. Funny how the company name is Square Enix, where did the Enix part go? How expensive can it be to localize these games? I will still buy other great games that are made, but honestly I am still playing Dragon Quest 9. More Dragon Quest! These games shouldn't be as hard to get as a metal king slime.

Zeether
10th Jun 2014, 20:32
E3 announcements have bee coming and going and still no DQ. I am so done with Square Enix if they can't bother to release anything more than a dumb iOS port of DQVIII here.

KaboomKrusader
11th Jun 2014, 05:08
E3 announcements have bee coming and going and still no DQ. I am so done with Square Enix if they can't bother to release anything more than a dumb iOS port of DQVIII here.

Seconded. If there's no more Dragon Quest coming across the pond, then I'll have no appreciable interest left in anything from Square-Enix. At this point I don't even want Bravely Default all that much anymore.

moooka
11th Jun 2014, 11:07
Square Enix won't announce it. Nintendo of America handles the series on consoles. I was expecting Nintendo to reveal it yesterday but seems they decided to localize Level-5's Fantasy Life instead.

Sgetz75
12th Jun 2014, 18:30
Nintendo of America has handled the localization of the games since 9, but we have yet to see anything official yet for VII. Hope that Square-Enix and Nintendo can work something out to get this game out, and any of the future ones for international releases.

Muddy120
14th Jun 2014, 14:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjbcEgWsh3Y

We need this video to spread around!!!! Bring us Dragon Quest VII!!!!

juelz89
24th Jun 2014, 14:37
dear Square Enix,

when will you release the following 3DS titles for europe and america

dragon quest vii
dragon quest monsters
dragon quest monsters 2

there are a lot of people waiting for this games to play. so why dont you release them for them.

moooka
25th Jun 2014, 11:35
Not a big fan of the DQ Monsters series but I would buy DQ7 in a blink.

Atma-Weapon
25th Jun 2014, 18:41
Not a big fan of the DQ Monsters series but I would buy DQ7 in a blink.
Same here. DQVII was my favorite in the series, and I'll be sorely disappointed if it doesn't get ported to the west.

Rancidweasel
8th Jul 2014, 18:27
WE WANT DQ7. Why do Square-Enix choose to ignore us??

Kalkano
11th Jul 2014, 16:38
I had been playing this series from the beginning. I played the SNES remakes of 1-3 with fan translations. Then, I played the DS remake of 4.

I was planning to continue...but the fact that the 3DS remake of 7 is not being localized has just...killed any interest I had in the series. Why should I bother? Do you think I'm going to go for a Dragon Quest 11, even if (by some miracle) you actually localize it? NO!

I won't get invested in a series, if the developers themselves are not invested in it. SquareEnix, you are DRIVING YOUR FANS AWAY!

I feel like the entire industry is demanding that I never give them any money again, and just stick to retro gaming...

deadxxstars
12th Jul 2014, 16:08
What I think that Square Enix doesn't realize is that back then when Dragon Quest was out on the 3ds you could actually pirate the games so most people would not buy the originals and download them so of course there was going to be very little profit. From what I know the 3ds games have not yet been able to been pirated correct me if I'm wrong but if I am right then what do they have to lose? They will have massive sales worldwide as there are many Dragonquest fans worldwide that are yearning for new western releases, myself included.

Dragon Quest is my favorite game and the best RPG I've ever played it introduced me to other ones but to DQ I will always be loyal. We've been waiting for so long I hate that they keep on focusing solely on Final Fantasy you'd think most people would be sick of that series already we need Dragon Quest. Thanks to Operation Rainfall and We Want Dragon Quest in the USA! Communities hopefully this will become a reality I really don't want to lose hope.

KaboomKrusader
31st Jul 2014, 18:41
Dear Square-Enix.

What the hell possesses you to think that lazy mobile ports are a good enough response, if intended as a response at all, to fans' desperate cries for more Dragon Quest games?

Sincerely,
People who aren't falling for it.

Kalkano
31st Jul 2014, 22:51
Dear Square-Enix.

What the hell possesses you to think that lazy mobile ports are a good enough response, if intended as a response at all, to fans' desperate cries for more Dragon Quest games?

Sincerely,
People who aren't falling for it.

Thank you. I couldn't possibly care less about mobile games. But, watch. SquareEnix will see poor sales for them and think, "there aren't enough Dragon Quest fans in the west".

SquareEnix is a giant logical fallacy in corporate form.

KaboomKrusader
2nd Aug 2014, 01:45
But, watch. SquareEnix will see poor sales for them and think, "there aren't enough Dragon Quest fans in the west."

And they'll have no excuse for that, either, because they're getting TONS of feedback in all the right places, like Facebook, Twitter, and even their blogs and forum on this very site.

Square-Enix, if you want to use these mobile ports to gauge interest in Dragon Quest, THEN SAY SO. Try bothering to actually address the DQ fandom and honestly say, "sales figures of these DQ mobile games will be used to determine interest in other DQ properties." Don't just lazily toss things out without giving fans any hint of what's up.

Kalkano
5th Aug 2014, 15:39
Square-Enix, if you want to use these mobile ports to gauge interest in Dragon Quest, THEN SAY SO. Try bothering to actually address the DQ fandom and honestly say, "sales figures of these DQ mobile games will be used to determine interest in other DQ properties." Don't just lazily toss things out without giving fans any hint of what's up.

Even if they came right out and said this, I still wouldn't buy it. I'm not going to buy a mobile game just because they're holding a game I actually want hostage. If anything, that would make me hate them more than I already do.

Dzanfox
31st Aug 2014, 19:14
Please please please bring DQVII to the 3DS!

Leonx90
1st Sep 2014, 06:41
Yes PLease SQuare Bring DQVII to the 3DS !!!!! WIll Buy 2 Copies dont worry about sells !! lets spread the word everywhere whoever here got Facebook/Twitter go on their official page and tell them you we want DQVII !!!!! Yooshhh

trafficfurniture
6th Sep 2014, 00:49
I too would buy DQ VII if it were localized for the 3DS in the US. Same for DQ I-III. It's strange that just recently we hear of a renewed focus on JRPGS, the establishment of a console RPG studio, and then reluctance to localize DQ VII due to sales figures. In the last few years the success of games like Bravely Default and Fire Emblem should be enough to convince SE to localize DQ games like VII for the 3DS. JRPGs are hot again, and I don't think mobile ports are the best way to gauge interest in a series. Heck, I'd even buy mobile ports if it were not for the horrible touchscreen controls.

Meepinator
14th Sep 2014, 07:50
It's very disappointing. I'd buy DQVII, DQM, or DQM2 on 3DS in a heartbeat if they were localized. I really want to play them.

JMoriMori
16th Feb 2015, 20:41
There are plenty of people asking for Dragon Quest games, not just DQ X, not just DQ VII, but in all, ANY Dragon Quest.

Yeah Heroes is the newest biggest one to be coming to the big screen. But why not release others?
Yeah posts about VII having to much translating to make it worth the money, but what about the Monster Series.

I could personally care less about X

I really want VII

But over it all, Terry's Wonderland, and the Marvelous keys. I mean come on Enix, don't give us the games, make AMAZING remakes and not give us the remakes.

You cannot say there is not a large fan base, or that Americans do not like JRPG's, you can go online do 3 different searches into google and see, WE LOVE OUR DQ.

My whole group of friends like at least one game in the DQ series. Roommate loves 5, and the Monsters series. A couple of friends loved 8. Me and another buddy love 7. I Really love Terrys Wonderland. My god do I obsess over it.

So yeah, I bought everything I could and continue to do so to support what is in my opinion, and many others the BEST turn based game ever made.

Lets get more Dragon Quest... Come on... I search the US release on a daily basis. You hate your fans that much?

I could care less for FF, other buddies love FF games but also love DQ. JUST RELEASE THEM ALREADY.
Either way, I'll play the Japanese versions of all the games, or wait for a fan translation and play that, OR YOU CAN MAKE $$ on them and release them yourselves.

(ON ANOTHER NOTE: TROLLERS BEWARE, IDC WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY, I AM RICHER THAN YOU, I HAVE MORE OF A LIFE THAN YOU, AND YOU CANT MAKE ME MAD, ONLY SE CAN DO THAT).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10994855_10203423145691142_995257906_n.jpg?oh=c9abd18e5743ef49c70a968efd51563a&oe=54E3E008&__gda__=1424222652_2951e91547413ba0e5376cb315f9dede

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10997235_10203423143651091_467892425_n.jpg?oh=146194b462d0558a742e8bc0de0ccc9f&oe=54E4F476&__gda__=1424282306_cf072a5404caf058500806d4c1813e1a

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/967825_10203423144091102_1136342155_n.jpg?oh=358c1b6f557924fbc3a7a88229db322c&oe=54E51D2A&__gda__=1424282890_e5d0967069acfb59a36db534e32ac91d

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/11003960_10203423144251106_1938556720_n.jpg?oh=6212e062b985164b28d46a07d980b5f8&oe=54E3D6D0&__gda__=1424302273_d506185c4d86a5471ea978ddb9d28f23

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/11004815_10203423144651116_138316242_n.jpg?oh=866908cff02a0bf8025934e61abdefd2&oe=54E3FC10&__gda__=1424283492_2aa599823f49bd70b442dc84319d1d47

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/11004264_10203423144731118_2029170874_n.jpg?oh=70d5e06bc6566d838587a1b47da04d6e&oe=54E4BD8F&__gda__=1424279838_76a66f8ef6a4b148b0da96552bfa5f14

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/11004478_10203423144931123_531964301_n.jpg?oh=e6451fd6fab40b206a1041105f130397&oe=54E3ECDA&__gda__=1424301358_1c3154f64a65245f2836f4563572f34e

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10979197_10203423145051126_1738098964_n.jpg?oh=e4bab71bf7860cc121039f09a0c3e6d6&oe=54E51816&__gda__=1424303111_a65d1e861005073115e36de5280644ed

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10997075_10203423145091127_457596149_n.jpg?oh=3af324e5fbaba73f5e5d8d413c783b9b&oe=54E3D6E4&__gda__=1424217680_d5bebea162eeae4511853c6a3779688f

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/11005942_10203423145251131_1961723452_n.jpg?oh=980d4e0f583b247d7e06ce62fea9e783&oe=54E4CFB1&__gda__=1424229216_74b959d018fd586f149314fcab6b39ec

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/11007521_10203423145371134_2038540548_n.jpg?oh=43438c4b5aad24f69adc763dc885bd79&oe=54E50AA7&__gda__=1424287478_c9661fee3fd761b71955cb11d0ba2e60

JMoriMori
16th Feb 2015, 20:55
Not to mention the many times Friends and I type in "Dragon Quest ______ OST" in youtube just to listen to the music.

BTW Gamestop here in the US even says the DQM 3ds series is being released, but how can this be when there are NO posts about it on the internet? Is anyone able to confirm this?

JMoriMori
16th Feb 2015, 21:55
Thanks for moving the post.

This reminds me of the SNES

We got some NES, and then the remakes came to SNES, we didn't get them

Now we got the DS, and then the remakes are coming to 3DS, and we don't have them.

It's still a sad world. a games a game, but no one really makes games like these anymore, so to not release them is ridiculous.

Woodus(dot)com for the win.

JMoriMori
16th Feb 2015, 22:00
I don't know Japanese at all, but I still bought the JP 3DS(DQM TW edition) to play the DQ games. Although I only got so far in the games before I couldn't go anymore, I still spent money and time to play them. that has to count for something. YouTube videos of others doing the same has to count for something as well. if you have people who cannot speak or read the language buying them don't you think you'd have people who can buy them as well? I'm telling you with the few games we have here in NA that are good on the 3DS, people would buy and play these.

JMoriMori
16th Feb 2015, 22:04
anyways, I will bug this forum every day until I get a release. I mean EVERY DAY.

DQ VII has one amazing story line, that is both sad, and amazingly powerful.

JMoriMori
16th Feb 2015, 22:05
There's got to be a handful of fans who believe the same.

SO I ask SE, give us DQ

KaboomKrusader
17th Feb 2015, 00:51
Apparently the people in charge just want Dragon Quest in the west to completely die, given how deeply they've buried this sub-forum.

HotMamaLlama
17th Feb 2015, 04:56
Even though I'm barely 13, I kind of grew up on Dragon Quest, right? Maybe not, but the first game I played was....

Wait, never mind. That would probably be one of those Pokemon games I didn't actually enjoy, but had nothing else to play. It's kind of funny to imagine that I thought that Gameboy graphics were the best there were. Meanwhile, just months after my birth, there'd be Dragon Quest V, with the "pretty good but not really good" graphics.

I really hope Dragon Quest X gets a NA localization. That way I don't have to sit at this damn computer that freezes so much...

I guess Dragon Quest isn't making a lot of money, or, the amount of money Final Fantasy is making. I don't have anything against either series, but with Dragon Quest, there's definitely the nostalgic

Kalkano
17th Feb 2015, 05:21
Apparently the people in charge just want Dragon Quest in the west to completely die, given how deeply they've buried this sub-forum.

I noticed that too, and thought they were massively underestimating the series' popularity. But, taking a look at the structure of the forums, at large, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to any of it. Final Fantasy is clearly the most popular, and best selling franchise the SquareEnix owns, yet it's below:

Tomb Raider Series
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (shouldn't this belong in the section right above it?)
Nosgoth
Hitman Series

I've never seen such a disorganized, illogical forum in my life...

KaboomKrusader
17th Feb 2015, 23:41
I've never seen such a disorganized, illogical company in my life...

Fixed that for you.

moooka
18th Feb 2015, 07:10
It's a huge mess since they merged the Square Enix forums with Eidos' recently. I thought it's temporary but it doesn't seem like it. Very unprofessional work by whoever that is working on this site.

Grimoire
18th Feb 2015, 20:11
Here follows my personal list that I use for my news thread (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=4258&page=5&p=2105862#post2105862):

- Final Fantasy
- Kingdom Hearts
- Dragon Quest
- Bravely Default and any other big "staple titles" that have at least partially been released in the West
- Well-known Western game series such as Tomb Raider and Legacy of Kain (Nosgoth) are next, along with popular Japanese titles released in the West
- Miscellaneous Japanese titles

If you have any suggestions concerning the forum layout, contacting a different admin might be a good idea.

ZarethKnyght
8th Mar 2015, 13:58
I still want DQ7 and DQX...and DQM too but the other two are a higher priority >.>

KaboomKrusader
9th Mar 2015, 03:16
Though obviously I won't link anything, I just found out about the loyal Dragon Quest fans who have nobly taken it upon themselves to translate as much of Dragon Quest 7 3DS as they can.

Reason #50,000 why people will pirate a video game: Because the game's creators are dragging their asses and stubbornly refusing to localize it.

myfallenheroes
22nd Mar 2015, 07:03
It would be nice to get at least a PS2 Classic version of Dragon Quest VIII on the PSN if not an HD remake; and not an iOS/Android version. I don't have a PS2 any more and I am dying to play this again with the amazing voice acting, cutscenes, etc. I have all the DS versions of the Zenithia trilogy, as well as IX, not to mention the spin off's i.e. Joker and Rocket Slime, but it would be wonderful to get a NA version of DQ VII and as I said before a PS2 Classic version on the PSN or an HD Remake of DQ VIII. I have been a fan of this series since the NES days, and it would be nice for SE to bring all the Dragon Quest love to North America.

azalel
25th Mar 2015, 22:11
SE just does not care about its American DQ7 fans. This is blatantly obvious. There are a couple of options open to SE, but they are not mentioning ANY plans of pursuing them.

1. Kickstarter: To test the waters, SE could start a KS plan to test the fans' commitment to this game on the 3DS. I would contribute.

2. PSN: SE has MANY Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, etc games on the Playstation Network as downloadable games. Why wouldn't they release Dragon Warrior VII on the PSN? It made sense when they were planning to release it on the 3DS, but now they are saying it is too costly to redo all the text. So, why not release it on the PSN?

So, why doesn't SE do anything? Apathy. They just don't care.

Fine. They don't want my money? Okay. You win, SE. And you lose.

I just bought a used copy of Dragon Warrior VII for the PSOne. I get to play one of my favorite RPGs (fortunately, I still have my original PS2 and it works perfectly), and SE gets no money out of it. I paid $50 for it on Amazon and it works great.

So, all of you who want to play this classic, that option is open to you.

Hopefully, SE will pull its collective head out of its collective ass and realize just how easy it would be to make more money on this title. If they would just release it on the PSN at least, we could purchase it for the PS3, PSP, or PS Vita (I have all three). I would still pay the fee to have it on a portable system (the PSP or PS Vita).

Trscroggs
4th May 2015, 13:24
The DQ game I want to see is Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3: The Great Pirate Ship and Tails Troupe. I loved Rocket Slime 1 in the US, it had the right blend of challenge, humor, and fun for a portable game and I've heard good things about the sequel.

esoteric30
7th Jul 2015, 04:46
I am hoping to be able to play a legit copy of DQ7 and 8 on my NA 3DS.

Please localize these games for Western audiences.

Thank you for your time.

ErinaXD
31st Aug 2017, 08:27
I find this game very interesting. So I feel like sharing it here.
https://goo.gl/sg3asd
Looked at their fan page, I think they're on SEA launch and Global release is upcoming. If any of you feel like playing this game too, come, their pre-reg is still open. https://goo.gl/QmCKwk

gravebabe
5th Feb 2018, 04:07
Dragon Quest used to be called Dragon Warrior, wish they would bring out the original Dragon Warrior games again.