View Full Version : dark angel game

chloe
11th Apr 2003, 09:08
hey has anyone played dark angel game based on the cool
show dark angel before fox took it off .is really.. good game and
how is the gameplay i heard there no weapon for max in the game

THE True Lara
11th Apr 2003, 13:01
Watched the show from the moment it first aired over here on Sky, really liked it, but haven't as yet played the game.
-actually the review of it on GamePad wasn't great.
From the clips I've seen it appears there's a lot of hand-to-hand combat with annoying moments of slow motion cut in, oh, and she can run up walls to a certain extent.

As far as TV-to-games' go I'm far more interested in hearing what the Alias game is like?

DaveJ
11th Apr 2003, 16:53
Theres an 'Alias' game?

Never took to Dark Angel on TV...found it way too derivative, and it was saddled with one of the dullest lead performers in recent TV history.

Not heard many good things about the game either, sadly.

THE True Lara
11th Apr 2003, 23:26
Crikey hadn't you heard?
I heard about it last October!

I would have mentioned it sooner if I'd known you were out of the loop.
http://www.apple.com/games/articles/2002/12/alias/
-it's been a while since I checked, but I think it's been turned into a downloadable series of missions now. I'll get round to downloading some one day....
-though word on the grape vine is that there's something in the works with Aclaim. So who knows?

DaveJ
12th Apr 2003, 07:49
Ah....I'd heard of those ones, yes...they are also on the official Alias site.

I thought there was another in the works...Acclaim, you say? ;)

THE True Lara
12th Apr 2003, 14:33
So the rumour goes;

from Alias news at SD-6:-

January 28, 2003
Alias Game in the Works
Acclaim Entertainment has today announced that is has signed an agreement with Disney Interactive for the rights to publish video games based on the TV drama Alias. The game is already in development at Acclaim's Cheltenham studio, and it is currently scheduled for release on all current game consoles in the fall.

A third-person action adventure game, Alias will see players assuming the role of Sydney Bristow, who is a CIA agent skilled in martial arts and the use of high-tech gadgetry. In keeping with the TV show, the development team at Acclaim is looking to incorporate elements of combat, stealth, high-tech weaponry, plot twists, and locations from all over the world into the game.

"Alias is one of the strongest new TV entertainment properties and is filled with great characters, rich story lines, and incredible action that lends itself perfectly to interactive entertainment," said Evan Stein, vice president of marketing for Acclaim. "We are thrilled to have Alias join our portfolio of world-renowned licenses."

Alias is currently scheduled for release in the fall. We'll bring you more news on the game as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks to Steve and Ant for reporting this news.

Posted by Blake at January 28, 2003 10:03 AM

EddyBones
12th Apr 2003, 20:22
I've known of the Alias game for a while (I visit Alias message boards). I hope they have it control like MGS or Socom. Then I think it should be pretty good, even if they make the story bad.

Haven't played Dark Angel though. And I have not seen the show.

DaveJ
13th Apr 2003, 08:06
Anyone heard any news of the "La Femme Nikita" game that was supposed to hit us last Autumn?

TRaiderGurl
13th Apr 2003, 08:17
I have the dark angel game for X box. It's a really cool game. She does get weapons, like a sniper gun but when you pick up the ammo you only get about 4 bullets each time. You can also pick up 2 hand sticks , which make your punches a lot more powerful, but they automatically break after you use them for a while. I like the way they sometimes show her moves in slow motion.
You also have an anger meter, and when it goes all the way up you kick major butt. You can sneak up behind people and break their neck too.

Cyber_Punk_303
15th Apr 2003, 16:36
TRaider Girl!!!

I just came back from your website? FLIPPIN WICKED MAN!!!

Are you on a frickin frackin Ducati Monster 1000!?!?!?!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Your so LUCKY!!! I want that bike!!!

Your hot, nice pics!!!

Nice drawings too. I love drawing... Hehehehe. Lates!!!